Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents (42020 Views)

"Ugandan Army Officer Tortured Unclad In A Military Barracks". Photos / Turkey Apologizes To Russia Over Downing Jet / "I Am Sorry" Tony Blair Apologizes For Iraq War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents by o42austino(m): 5:19pm On May 01, 2015
harveyspec:

Pls which of those countries outsource such need thru security outfits of questionable character?

Hope you read the line where it says that CSGLOBAL told them that the ship was going to sail on British waters & will fly a British flag with European workers!!

now, it's flying a Nigerian flag on Nigerian waters with nimasa/Nigerian navy workers !!

Not until we put sentiments aside of he is my brother or we attend the same church or we are of same tribe, we will never progress
Bros, this vessels where procured from the black market and trust me no one says the truth in the black market and u know American and it's friends refuse to sell stuffs to us and if they mention Nigeria, that vessel will not be sold to them so they need lie in other to get their vessels.
Re: Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 01, 2015
Hakagure:
Good point about the use of this third party, I am not sure. perhaps its because of the contract given to said Tomopolo as a sub contractor to NIMASA and to supply men for patrolling creeks and inland water ways, why the lies? Norway will not sell ships to any one who could use it in a conflict zone, even a state actor would not have been able to buy the ships, CAS global lied so that hey could buy the ships, probably bought it cheap and marked it up when transferring it to NIMASA, I am merely speculating.

The point is, the ships are not operated by an insurgency, Norway is not arming Niger Delta militants.

Norway is not arming Niger Delta militants

Of course, this has never been in dispute. At least, they are not deliberately

The point is, the ships are not operated by an insurgency

This on the other hand is in question. Tompolo is not just a person. He is a leader of many. Some of whom constitute the said "waterways protection forces".

By the way, the only threat to the region are by nigerians. trust me on that.
Re: Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents by Hakagure: 5:23pm On May 01, 2015
We agree that they lied, just to Clarify.. I am not from the Niger Delta nor do I know (nor care) what religious institution Government Tompolo attends or was born into.

If the real problem is that CASglobal lied, then the thread topic is sensationalist. For your first question, a lot of PMC's are regarded of questionable character. Browse Sons of Iraq about how the US paid thousands of Sunni fighters in order to fight AQ (same Sunni fighters are now fighting Iraqi army), or how the US state Dept is using former warlords (some of whom fought them in the 90s) to hunt Al Shabab. Or the right wing battalions in Ukraine.

I can go all day on that topic. Dont moralize an issue on which Amnesty (rightly or wrongly) was given to all militants who took it, those that did not take it were fought and killed , Tompolo is hopefully reformed, too bad for him if he is not...if Tompolo is a threat he will face the full might of the Nigerian Army, Navy and Airforce. There is a reason the militants sued for peace in 2009 before Amnesty was granted.
harveyspec:

Pls which of those countries outsource such need thru security outfits of questionable character?

Hope you read the line where it says that CSGLOBAL told them that the ship was going to sail on British waters & will fly a British flag with European workers!!

now, it's flying a Nigerian flag on Nigerian waters with nimasa/Nigerian navy workers !!

Not until we put sentiments aside of he is my brother or we attend the same church or we are of same tribe, we will never progress
Re: Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 01, 2015
o42austino:
Bros, dont over flog this issue, the boat in Question I'd owned by NIMASA and is not been used by Tompolo or any militant, Tompolo company is a security contractor in this transaction, all they did is acquire and maintain this vessels but the owner are NIMASA.

The ownership of the boats has never been in question. It was paid for by nigerias taxpayers money. The boat is owned by nigerians.

The use on the other hand is in question. Just like why Tompolos company handling the transaction is in question.
Re: Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents by ebukaOtika(m): 5:38pm On May 01, 2015
doctokwus:

You are a confirmed fool.Why didn't you chide him for even insulting me in d first place,fool and accursed!

Two Persons no dey mad at the same time ,,,, now let me ask you youngman ,,. Did i Praise the other guy for insulting you .? I only pointed out the Extent you went in insulting his PARENTS....dats what i was trying to point out to you before you started raining Abuses on me. God Bless You.
Re: Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 01, 2015
o42austino:
Bros, this vessels where procured from the black market and trust me no one says the truth in the black market and u know American and it's friends refuse to sell stuffs to us and if they mention Nigeria, that vessel will not be sold to them so they need lie in other to get their vessels.

No they were not procured from black market. It was an official sale by a registered company in norway under the authority of some government officials. The government officials are now under investigation.
Re: Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents by Jaypea98: 6:18pm On May 01, 2015
ednut1:

insurgency militancy terrorism all gt der weapons from where. dullard
Read well weapons like guns and arms were not sold only warships .Does bokoHARAM Use warship ? odoyo
Re: Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents by doctokwus: 6:25pm On May 01, 2015
ebukaOtika:

Two Persons no dey mad at the same time ,,,, now let me ask you youngman ,,. Did i Praise the other guy for insulting you .? I only pointed out the Extent you went in insulting his PARENTS....dats what i was trying to point out to you before you started raining Abuses on me. God Bless You.
Okay.I cursed him because I didn't insult anyone,least him personally when I made my original post.No stranger attacks me directly without me giving him back to him/her.
Re: Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents by harveyspec: 8:02pm On May 01, 2015
Double post
Re: Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents by harveyspec: 8:07pm On May 01, 2015
Hakagure:
We agree that they lied, just to Clarify.. I am not from the Niger Delta nor do I know (nor care) what religious institution Government Tompolo attends or was born into.

If the real problem is that CASglobal lied, then the thread topic is sensationalist. For your first question, a lot of PMC's are regarded of questionable character. Browse Sons of Iraq about how the US paid thousands of Sunni fighters in order to fight AQ (same Sunni fighters are now fighting Iraqi army), or how the US state Dept is using former warlords (some of whom fought them in the 90s) to hunt Al Shabab. Or the right wing battalions in Ukraine.

I can go all day on that topic. Dont moralize an issue on which Amnesty (rightly or wrongly) was given to all militants who took it, those that did not take it were fought and killed , Tompolo is hopefully reformed, too bad for him if he is not...if Tompolo is a threat he will face the full might of the Nigerian Army, Navy and Airforce. There is a reason the militants sued for peace in 2009 before Amnesty was granted.

Respect!!!

You made your point known without insults

Just that its annoying cos of all the under development in the ND & Jonathan's ineptitude about the whole thing

Imagine JTF donating borehole to Jonathan's community!! Isn't that a shame

if the LG, STATS GOVT, FED GOVT, NDDC, MINSTRY OF ND, the state oil producing community group(equivalent of DESOPADEC & co) had done their job, JTF will not be donating borehole

Isn't it a shame that the presidents village still has a vacuum for such basic amenity

my apologies, I know I'm mixing things up

2 Likes

Re: Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents by harveyspec: 8:07pm On May 01, 2015
o42austino:

Respect too!! You have made ur points known without insults

1 Like

Re: Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents by harveyspec: 8:08pm On May 01, 2015
Re: Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents by harveyspec: 8:09pm On May 01, 2015
Re: Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents by ebukaOtika(m): 8:40pm On May 01, 2015
doctokwus:

Okay.I cursed him because I didn't insult anyone,least him personally when I made my original post.No stranger attacks me directly without me giving him back to him/her.

So thats the best solution bah ,,,, but did you give it to him or his Parents ,,.?
Re: Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents by cronsberg: 9:12pm On May 01, 2015
doctokwus:
This is one of the most painful and callous actions of the GEJ government.For a govt to willingly approve and allow militants to use such military hardware in our territorial waters,under whatever guise, while we have a functional navy,is nothing but bigotry taken to nauseating heights.
I guess those Norwegian officials involved would have either resigned,are facing prosecution,or both.
As for tompolo and his gang of touts with d clueless one at d top, judgement day awaits them soon. We cannot practically incapacitate our navy while arming a bunch of touts and thugs.
you are talking about bigotry? this is down right treason by GEJ. Willingly using government resources to buy arms for terrorists to kill your citizens. Treason mehn
Re: Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents by menxer: 9:58pm On May 01, 2015
does it mean the Nigerian navy lacks the authority to impound those vessels?
Re: Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents by scotz101(m): 2:32am On May 02, 2015
doctokwus:
This is one of the most painful and callous actions of the GEJ government.For a govt to willingly approve and allow militants to use such military hardware in our territorial waters,under whatever guise, while we have a functional navy,is nothing but bigotry taken to nauseating heights.
I guess those Norwegian officials involved would have either resigned,are facing prosecution,or both.
As for tompolo and his gang of touts with d clueless one at d top, judgement day awaits them soon. We cannot practically incapacitate our navy while arming a bunch of touts and thugs.

idiot..how is this jonathan's fault? Probably the reason you were born is jonathan's fault...mumu kowai...!
Re: Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents by Keegan: 2:42am On May 02, 2015
scotz101:

idiot..how is this jonathan's fault? Probably the reason you were born is jonathan's fault...mumu kowai...!

You are unreasonable, the guy you quoted was right. Tell us whose fault is it? Bigger idiot.
Re: Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents by Deprime007: 7:10pm On May 03, 2015
This white people dey dont like us. Dey want us to divide in directly
Re: Norway Apologizes For Selling Military Wares To Nigerian Insurgents by panafrican(m): 2:03pm On May 09, 2015
"Let's do it , we will apologize later ". sad
It is called DOING THINGS WITH THE END IN MIND.
They knew very well what they were doing and what they would do after making millions of Euros.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trump: Biden Only Won In The Eyes Of Fake News Media. I Concede Nothing / Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays / Niger Coup Leaders Appoint New Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.