Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,713 members, 7,820,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

GMB's Verdict On 'AIT' Justified By Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GMB's Verdict On 'AIT' Justified By Nigerians (872 Views)

Amaechi Lands In Rivers In Style Following Wike's Election Verdict (Photos) / El-rufai's Eating Of Sugarcane In Public Justified By World Leaders (photos) / Was The Air-strike In Calabar Justified?... By Diamondtutu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GMB's Verdict On 'AIT' Justified By Nigerians by Sirniyeh(m): 5:07pm On May 01, 2015

"Was Buhari right to ban AIT from covering his
activities?" Yes or No, Please Give Your Reasons.
#LetsTalkNaija!

#LetsTalkNaija is an open discussion segment that would come up every Wednesday and/or Friday on
www.facebook.com/LeadershipNGA

RESPONSES FROM NIGERIANS

I notice the hypocrisy of the Jonathanians on Buhari's decision on AIT.

In 2013 two Leadership newspaper reporters were detained for days for publishing a presidential directive. Guess who was president then?

In 2011 six reporters from The Nation newspaper were detained for publishing OBJ's letter to GEJ. Guess who was president then?

In June 2014 men of the military & SSS seized and destroyed copies of major newspapers, stopping
circulation. Guess who was president then?

In March 2015 two Al Jazeera journalists covering elections were held in custody for weeks for no reason. Guess who was president then?

In 2014 AIG Joseph Mbu ordered the arrest of AIT journalist Amaechi Anakwe for calling him controversial. Guess who was president then?

I think the Jonathanians should just keep quiet. They do not have the moral virtue to jugde the rightness of
principles or conducts.

Florence Israel:
YES. Its called 'Press Accreditation' and it
means, if u are not needed, dont come. AIT
know the rules. Even with President Jonathan's
events, its only the accredited media that are
allowed there. So AIT should shut their trash
and hide their shameless face. They're a
disgrace to the noble profession.

Ayemere Ehinome Gcfr
Capital Yes. I actually support and advocate
shuting down AIT completely because the
unprovocked lies they told about the general
and his family was capable of setting this nation
on fire. AIT chose money over profesionalism
and ethics. When u accuse a man falsely of
killing his wife and daughter, that's absolutely
crossing the red line. I had to rate AIT 18+ on
my tv to prevent my younger ones from
watching the nonsense they were openly
displaying.

Adejo Bala
A man can't wish you death in broad daylight
and be a guest at your wedding,.. AIT is not
media outlets but media branch of PDP,
freedom of expression should not be mistaken
for freedom to insult someone privacy!..

Yahaya Mohammed
Yes, because AIT outrightly violates ethics of
professional journalism

Danjuma Mahmud Lawal
Buhari did not ban AIT, and if he did, nothing
bad for his safety. * In 2013, six reporters
from d nation were detained for publishing Obj
letter to GEJ. * In june 2014 men of d military
and SSS seized and destroyed copies of major
newspapers, stopping circulation. *In 2014, AIG
Joseph Mbu ordered the arrest of AIT
journalist Ameachi Anakwe for calling him
controversial. *In march 2015, two Aljezeera
journalists were held in custody for weeks for
no reason. All these period I have mentioned,
Jonathan was d president and no body crusify
him. I don't know why this noise for barring AIT
from covering Buhari's activities for security
reason which Buhari came up to deny the
knowledge of. To me every sin must be
punished to serve as a lesson for others who
may likely to be used against another party in
time come.

Ahmad Abdulrahman Jibrin
I know they did alot of damages to our
president elect, but i think they should
continue to transmit his activities over the air,
so that people will see the same AIT that was
mocking him before are the same AIT showing
his good deeds after, and people will realise
the true meaning of change..

Prince Abisoye Abimbola
Capital yes even president Obama ban fox

Mariah Anyamele
If someone falsely accuses me and mislead
people who are ignorate of the truth of killing
my wife and injecting my child with sicklecell
and others I will do same. Shame on Dokpesi,

Amir Salisu King Jr.
Yes... They should be ban for being partisan.
They're a disgrace to the profession journalism

Mohammed Inuwa Awwal
Yes for security reasons, remember AIT Boss
was linked to first October Abuja Bombardment

Bassey Okon Bassey
Point of information, General Buhari says he
didn't sanction or ban AIT or any other media
outfit in the country so stop misinforming the
people please.

Magnus Chukwuma
AIT deserved more than what GMB gave
them.they displayed the worst partician ever.
For months now I stopped watching AIT an arm
of PDP.
Re: GMB's Verdict On 'AIT' Justified By Nigerians by ozoigbondu: 5:34pm On May 01, 2015
cheesy
Re: GMB's Verdict On 'AIT' Justified By Nigerians by psucc(m): 8:18pm On May 01, 2015
It's a pity you do not understand the implications of that ban on AIT. That if it is allowed to hold, Nigeria will plunge back to those dark days of decree 4.

Pls just use your free data to read a part of the constitution that covers fundamental human right and the FOI Act. There you will understand why your Buhari had to deny ever giving such order.
Re: GMB's Verdict On 'AIT' Justified By Nigerians by Sirniyeh(m): 9:59pm On May 01, 2015
psucc:
It's a pity you do not understand the implications of that ban on AIT. That if it is allowed to hold, Nigeria will plunge back to those dark days of decree 4.

Pls just use your free data to read a part of the constitution that covers fundamental human right and the FOI Act. There you will understand why your Buhari had to deny ever giving such order.

You are making mistake. You are making reference to portion of human right in the constitution. Remember that I owe every right to my privacy. If you are not allowed to my room, no crime in it. It is not a must for AIT to force itself into the terrain where not permitted. Inspite of human right, Every media house must seek permission before coverage. That's why you hear secret meetings everywhere.

1 Like

Re: GMB's Verdict On 'AIT' Justified By Nigerians by psucc(m): 7:24am On May 02, 2015
There again you got it all wrong. If you want to keep your privacy, don't make yourself a public figure. Since the day, Buhari vied for the Presidency, he had been 'stripped' of that privacy hence anyone can use his image without recourse to getting permission.

Why is he specifically skeptical of AIT.
Re: GMB's Verdict On 'AIT' Justified By Nigerians by MuttleyLaff: 4:57pm On May 04, 2015
Sirniyeh:
You are making mistake. You are making reference to portion of human right in the constitution.
Remember that I owe every right to my privacy. If you are not allowed to my room, no crime in it.
It is not a must for AIT to force itself into the terrain where not permitted. Inspite of human right,
Every media house must seek permission before coverage. That's why you hear secret meetings everywhere.
We now all know, this is an incoming opposition propaganda.
GMB didnt ban AIT, he actually rolled out the red carpet with full works for them

Though not true,
but if were to be, it would have kind of be akin to when Alex Ferguson boycotted BBC
He lifted his ban on talking to the BBC after 7 years of avoiding post-match interviews

Or Sam Allardyce and Harry Redknapp, both who decided to decline to be interviewed by BBC after the Panorama investigation into alleged malpractice in football transfers
Re: GMB's Verdict On 'AIT' Justified By Nigerians by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 04, 2015
I love transformation
I hate "change"
Re: GMB's Verdict On 'AIT' Justified By Nigerians by dazdilijae(m): 5:06pm On May 04, 2015
Sirniyeh:

You are making mistake. You are making reference to portion of human right in the constitution. Remember that I owe every right to my privacy. If you are not allowed to my room, no crime in it. It is not a must for AIT to force itself into the terrain where not permitted. Inspite of human right, Every media house must seek permission before coverage. That's why you hear secret meetings everywhere.

You are making a big mistake my friend.
The day you vie for public office to be paid with public funds you loss the right to privacy
Read the public service rule, Constitution and freedom of information bill
PEACE
Re: GMB's Verdict On 'AIT' Justified By Nigerians by MuttleyLaff: 5:25pm On May 04, 2015
dazdilijae:
You are making a big mistake my friend.
The day you vie for public office to be paid with public funds you loss the right to privacy
Read the public service rule, Constitution and freedom of information bill
PEACE
No he is not making a big mistake
Though we've come to know it isnt true
Whether vied for public office, getting paid with public funds, losing the right to privacy,
in America, even with its 1st Ammendment, the Clinton administration, the Bush administration with the few odd Governors and even the current POTUS and FLOTUS do get to tell reporters what not to do, where to eff of, when to jump in the lake etc

(1) (Reply)

Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram / What HRM Emir Dr. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Said About President Buhari 12 Years Ago / 5 Money Habits Rich Parents Teach Their Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.