Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,267 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview (57383 Views)

How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview / How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? / My Job Interview Experience Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:32pm On May 02, 2015
clemzo101:
The problem is not the hand shake, the problem is that most of us are jobless, the fear of missing out is thereal problem. Normally it is dem dat actually needs ur services. My project manager told us a story once. He went for a job interview and he was asked stupid questions like "who's the minister of education " and all dat. He simple told dem he didn't come to be asked such question, he told dem to ask him engineering questions or he walks away, he told dem he's a professional and dat he's dere to work. Infact he was about walking awayand dere boss sent for him and interviewed him personally. If u know ur worth and capabilities den u won't be scared to offer handshake. Its just that most graduates we have today are not employable or even trainable despite carrying certificates. So they see job offers as help. I cry for nigeria

So, because he was an engineer, he shouldn't be aware of his country leadership?
What is so unprofessional about knowing the minister of education? is his knowledge limited to engineering alone?
That stunt he pulled can't work on more than 5 people in the whole world.
It might not work for him again .

7 Likes

Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by adahgold(m): 12:40pm On May 02, 2015
majekdom2:
a cool deo is enough but not a cologne or perfume.

okay.
Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by benedima1990(m): 1:36pm On May 02, 2015
clemzo101:
The problem is not the hand shake, the problem is that most of us are jobless, the fear of missing out is thereal problem. Normally it is dem dat actually needs ur services. My project manager told us a story once. He went for a job interview and he was asked stupid questions like "who's the minister of education " and all dat. He simple told dem he didn't come to be asked such question, he told dem to ask him engineering questions or he walks away, he told dem he's a professional and dat he's dere to work. Infact he was about walking awayand dere boss sent for him and interviewed him personally. If u know ur worth and capabilities den u won't be scared to offer handshake. Its just that most graduates we have today are not employable or even trainable despite carrying certificates. So they see job offers as help. I cry for nigeria

I swear, that your oga did that because he was still employed somewhere else. Assuming he had no job at hand and he was asked can aeroplane fly, he will even answer more than wat he was asked

7 Likes

Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by izutex007(m): 3:12pm On May 02, 2015
hilaomo:
op keep calm and listen...you dare not offer your interviewer an hand shake unless he initiate it him/her self!I've got an audio about d 25 things to say to an interviewer to get d job you want and a video on d 101 things to say and do to an interviewer.

pls can u share ur Video nd audio wt me?
Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by Bevista: 3:52pm On May 02, 2015
rabbuy:
talking about low self esteem... When you know your worth and know that your not applying for cleaner why can't you shake him... He is a man just like you... undecided
There is absolutely nothing wrong in giving anybody a handshake. It is, however, poor courtesy (infact rude) to extend your hand FIRST to your superior, senior or elders. Let them initiate it, then by all means give them a firm hand shake.

5 Likes

Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 02, 2015
izutex007:

pls can u share ur Video nd audio wt me?
I would have if not for d size of d video...send me a pm so I could forward d audio across.
Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by chiboy429(m): 5:24pm On May 02, 2015
clemzo101:

You have a point bro. Copied
Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by Certifiedboss: 5:34pm On May 02, 2015
rabbuy:

Gee its all about carriage
When am wearing an expensive suit or am dressed so smart and classy...and my cologne matters too... You don't go to a king looking like a slave... #packaging is key... By how I appear even bill gate will want a hand shake

Bros you deserve a bottle of wine for this
Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by Coldplayz2(m): 5:51pm On May 02, 2015
Thanks all for sharing your views, am sure we all are learning from this. Though God factor is more important, but at the same time we have to prepared.

Mods should kindly help us move this to Frontpage... Where we can get more contributions and share knowledge. Thank you
Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by izutex007(m): 6:05pm On May 02, 2015
hilaomo:
I would have if not for d size of d video...send me a pm so I could forward d audio across.

kk.. i just did
Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by timibk: 6:38pm On May 02, 2015
baybeeboi:
OP,have you ever seen an organization with a panel of Interviewers?
Do we shake them all?

you spoke my mind
Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by rabbuy(m): 6:43pm On May 02, 2015
Certifiedboss:

Bros you deserve a bottle of wine for this
Send am via dhl... rum will do old monks rum cheesy
Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by olu4life(m): 4:42pm On May 03, 2015
Nice one OP. Mods pls do d needful. Thanks cool
Time to learn

Cc lalasticlala uboma
Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 03, 2015
the way i walk out of this thread!

Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 03, 2015
Don't try this in a Shell interview please.
Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by lonelydora: 5:07pm On May 03, 2015
I even engaged the Norwegian in discussion during my time. Handshake is small self. And this was how I left the interview venue feeling happy.

1 Like

Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by lavenjcrown(m): 5:10pm On May 03, 2015
same thing happened when i went for an interview, immediately i entered the interviewer office, i shoke his hand and d next thing he told me was to walk out from his office that am not ready for any job. I was marvel.

6 Likes

Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by lexy2014: 5:14pm On May 03, 2015
rabbuy:
talking about low self esteem... When you know your worth and know that your not applying for cleaner why can't you shake him... He is a man just like you... undecided
no bro it isn't about self esteem. Its something u just don't do. Its like an unwritten rule. It might b viewed as rude and 2 forward. Its best if d handshake is offered. Culturally and professionally, its wrong †☺ offer your seniors a handshake. an interviewer isn't going 2b your subordinate even if u get d job. He/she is most likely going 2b your boss or senior colleague. So its best u keep your hands †☺ yourself until an offer is made

4 Likes

Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by haibe(m): 5:18pm On May 03, 2015
Bevista:
There is absolutely nothing wrong in giving anybody a handshake. It is, however, poor courtesy (infact rude) to extend your hand FIRST to your superior, senior or elders. Let them initiate it, then by all means give them a firm hand shake.
"The African Mentality" still.. Its normal irrespective of age or level elsewhere

1 Like

Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by iykmon: 5:19pm On May 03, 2015
Nice one, What you say about yourself is key to your progress to the next level. your confidence and composure matter.
Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by swizz01(m): 5:21pm On May 03, 2015
majekdom2:
apparently you have not had a formal interview before.... you don't wear a cologne or perfume to an interview. Ask HR professionals.

abeg dis one na fat lie.....does d interviewer know if I'm from another big company maybe not as theirs...or are u insinuating I shd smell odour odour or skin skin to an interview cz my bro who did his industrial training interview in chevron can't do without wearing perfume...did they refuse him? NO.....so wat u telling me?
Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by Petra23(f): 5:21pm On May 03, 2015
That handshake is a no no excpt the interviewer initiates first.btw,we know how Africans behaves.after greeting an elderly man, and you decide to offer a handshake,they see it as being rude blvin they are to initiate it first.same goes to your interviewer cus u wouldn't know the kinda person he is.so,to be on the safe side,wait till the interviewer offer then you can follow up

2 Likes

Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by Kweenliz007(f): 5:26pm On May 03, 2015
I still av like a year for my own interview,so pls save ds topic for reference purpose..*smiles
Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by dammieco(m): 5:27pm On May 03, 2015
Give me a break please!
Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by Infopls: 5:29pm On May 03, 2015
In my opinion, the way you present yourself matter a lot when you go for an interview. Be sure of your onions.
Be approachable. E.g. I recently interviewed a guy who I asked to introduce himself, he told me he was Mr. (his name). Believe me, that was the end of the road for him.
Though I asked him questions further but he already lost the chance for a consideration.

On the issue of handshake, it's not advisable to offer your hand first, let that come from your interviewer. What you need to do first is greet politely, if the interviewer then offers his hand, shake with confidence ( not arrogance).

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by emzila(m): 5:30pm On May 03, 2015
Donpizzle:

handshake is a gud way of knowin who u re dealin with....if ur interviewer offers his/her hand in return then u can b sure he/she is a nice prson buh if otherwise,den u re dealin with a no nonsense prson( although dis is nt alwayz true).handshake is nt disrespective,its only a show of appreciation nd only sensible ppl knw its importance...
from ur statement, do u mean a no nonsense man is not a nice person? Oga be sure o
Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by Tobilastik(m): 5:31pm On May 03, 2015
clemzo101:

bro.... u make me remember the film "3 idiots" grin

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by Apex32: 5:33pm On May 03, 2015
We are not oyinbo's so why do we need to imitate dem? As per our ethics here is not advisable to give hand shake to an interviewer
Re: How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview by Hero10001: 5:38pm On May 03, 2015
Job palaver self..
All these do's and don't tire person self.
Na by force to work with certain company?!
Where men dey get correct job thru arrangee, you dey there dey master interviewer's nonsense.
Chai.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Frank Uduak-Akpan Father: If Death Penalty Is His Punishment, He Should Face It / PWC Or KPMG Which One Should I Choose? / Italian Girl Refused Job Because She Has A Nigerian Fiance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.