Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,092 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued (1785 Views)

Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige / Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers / How Ijaws Used Naive Igbos To Wipe Their Political Arse! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by Ezemust: 10:07pm On May 01, 2015
In my opinion something urgent need to be done to the political conciousness of the Igbos as a whole.A drastic measure is needed to curb the unbecoming mindset of the Igbos concerning their political life. This past election was a strong wake up call for the Igbo.it had opened many blind eye to see the reality on ground.and now that the reality has hit us on the neck,i think we need to stand up and realise ourself.we need to make use of the daylight in search of the black goat before darkness befalls us all.we all need to make up our mind on our wants and in uniform agitates for it.in other word,let stop sitting on the fence and acting up the NEUTRAL. WHEN i went home from the North to my state Enugu for the presidential election did i realise the malady of a situation the igbos place themself in term of politics.the situation was so sordid to the extent i became a make-shift preacher.i have to shout out my voice and explain things out to this VAGUE people. I was mad.i was really mad at my people.why wont i be mad when this people develop a political mentality of I DONT CARE ATTITUED?WHY wont i be mad when men with pvc will rather choose to tape their palm win on election day instead of going out to vote?why wont i be mad when young ladies with pvc will rather stay at home and gossip instead of going out to vote?why wont i be mad..........why wont i be mad.........why wont i be mad?and do u know what was their excuse:?I HAVE NOT VOTED BEFORE,THE GOVERNMENT DONT FEED ME.MY GOD. Imagin this:-while going home i was worried knowing that my vote is lost due to change of enviroment.now after landing in my home of fourteen people,eight of them with pvc.on the day of election only my uncle went out to vote.the others dont even know were they kept their pvc.and this are people praying for gej to win.i was scared to the bone.wahala dey.what is this?how are you going to win when every hausa man with pvc is goner vote in this election?in Igbo rural areas i lent 60% did'nt vote. In my humble opinion i think drastic measures is paramount.there's a need for a strong wave of arwearness to hit the ground running in the East.i think wat is helping the North is the media.and we can copy from them.lets put more effort in using the the redio stations across the land to educat our people.whe we unite against this unbecoming issues we can all win together.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by kettykin: 10:11pm On May 01, 2015
Ok
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by Feranchek(m): 10:14pm On May 01, 2015
Ko kon aye. All we need is a beta Nigeria. Whether awon Igbo vote or not, those wey come out come vote don speak for them already and they have no beta choice than to accept.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 01, 2015
I agree with the op. There is no neutrality in politics. Its either you participate on elections and mobilise for the interest of your tribe/region or you sit at home whinning and receive crumbs from another group. The truth is that politics is about interest as long as it is just and morally acceptable. Not just Igbos, the people in the SS/SE must wake up
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by GoodMuyis(m): 10:23pm On May 01, 2015
Your Are right Not Only have good mentality to election but also a good sense of judgment to vote for someone wth good credibility not just because he is your kinsman

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by vislabraye(m): 10:30pm On May 01, 2015
Ezemust, you spoke well. I still blame the presidency for allowing this nonsense tlo happen. You can imagine all the underaged voters in Kano with pvc.
It's an eyesore for you to sit down and allow people to rig yiu out of office. I would have rather resignedlong before than to allow this happen.
Gej should have changed Jega since because there was evidence that he was having meeting with APC big wigs in Dubai. He did nothing. I don't know why he decided to have an adequate plan.
Really, the party failed. If they had done things right, they would have shut the mouths of those lousy tribalists.
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by theV0ice: 10:31pm On May 01, 2015
Ezemust:
In my opinion something urgent need to be done to the political conciousness of the Igbos as a whole.A drastic measure is needed to curb the unbecoming mindset of the Igbos concerning their political life. This past election was a strong wake up call for the Igbo.it had opened many blind eye to see the reality on ground.and now that the reality has hit us on the neck,i think we need to stand up and realise ourself.we need to make use of the daylight in search of the black goat before darkness befalls us all.we all need to make up our mind on our wants and in uniform agitates for it.in other word,let stop sitting on the fence and acting up the NEUTRAL. WHEN i went home from the North to my state Enugu for the presidential election did i realise the malady of a situation the igbos place themself in term of politics.the situation was so sordid to the extent i became a make-shift preacher.i have to shout out my voice and explain things out to this VAGUE people. I was mad.i was really mad at my people.why wont i be mad when this people develop a political mentality of I DONT CARE ATTITUED?WHY wont i be mad when men with pvc will rather choose to tape their palm win on election day instead of going out to vote?why wont i be mad when young ladies with pvc will rather stay at home and gossip instead of going out to vote?why wont i be mad..........why wont i be mad.........why wont i be mad?and do u know what was their excuse:?I HAVE NOT VOTED BEFORE,THE GOVERNMENT DONT FEED ME.MY GOD. Imagin this:-while going home i was worried knowing that my vote is lost due to change of enviroment.now after landing in my home of fourteen people,eight of them with pvc.on the day of election only my uncle went out to vote.the others dont even know were they kept their pvc.and this are people praying for gej to win.i was scared to the bone.wahala dey.what is this?how are you going to win when every hausa man with pvc is goner vote in this election?in Igbo rural areas i lent 60% did'nt vote. In my humble opinion i think drastic measures is paramount.there's a need for a strong wave of arwearness to hit the ground running in the East.i think wat is helping the North is the media.and we can copy from them.lets put more effort in using the the redio stations across the land to educat our people.whe we unite against this unbecoming issues we can all win together.

I'm very glad with your honesty as per the bold. You and I had an argument where I mentioned something similar to the bold to u.

The average Hausa/Fulani no matter how poor or illiterate gets serious about elections. I wouldn't have registered in 2010 if not for the thought that I might suffer some consequences if I have any dealings with govt. It wasn't because I planned to vote but thank God it added to the votes GMB got. What right would I have to complain if I didn't register or vote?

Udengs Eradiri said "its only in this region(SS) that people expect to be paid to register and vote" with such mentality, how do you make your voice heard in the power equation? Until we southerners realise that democracy is a game of numbers, we would keep blaming everything except ourselves for our inability to make the change we desire.

I told my colleagues that gej will have problems because they and others don't have PVC but they confidently told me gej doesn't need votes to win. They believed as an incumbent president, the Army, police and INEC will work for his victory.

Well they're witnesses to how that confidence played out....

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by tpiadotcom: 10:33pm On May 01, 2015
Hehe, new one every week

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by Ezemust: 10:43pm On May 01, 2015
vislabraye:
Ezemust, you spoke well. I still blame the presidency for allowing this nonsense tlo happen. You can imagine all the underaged voters in Kano with pvc.
It's an eyesore for you to sit down and allow people to rig yiu out of office. I would have rather resignedlong before than to allow this happen.
Gej should have changed Jega since because there was evidence that he was having meeting with APC big wigs in Dubai. He did nothing. I don't know why he decided to have an adequate plan.
Really, the party failed. If they had done things right, they would have shut the mouths of those lousy tribalists.
at first after the election,i could'nt beleive wat i was watching jega read out.dat gej was losing.i never beleive that it could happen till it happen.every one blamed gej for letting himsf thrown out like a nobdy.the call him weak.i also did that mysf.but now i know beta.right now am back in the north making my money.a situation dat would'nt have being if gej won.so to me,just like gej,the peace is enough for me
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 01, 2015
And this same south-east/south-south come dey cry say,dem don rig their messiah out of power.
You can't mobilise ppl from ur region to vote and una go dey yarb the north,calling dem 'born to rule'. How wud dey not rule,wen dose in the south who are supposed to vote keep saying,dey can't vote,simply bcuz d government is not feeding dem. Example,during the announcement of the presidential polls,we had a case of 1.6million registered voters,500thousand ppl where accredited,300thousand votes was recorded here in the southern part of nigeria. But in the north,2million registered voters,1.8million accredited,1.6 registered votes was recorded. Look @ d difference.
Until we stop politics of Life and Death here in the south,where-by one cannot vote simply bcuz of violence and d likes,the northerners will continue to dictate,who rules this country.

I rep APC.
SAI Buhari.
Baba,pls wen u take control,pls jail goodluck ebele Jonad^ft 4 all d corrupt cases attributed to his administration.
Also send a punishment squad against dat coward(Barcanista).
Thank you.
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 01, 2015
vislabraye:
Rubbish. Na nonsense u just put out.
Blame pdp 4 d loss,Nigerians are tired of pdp nd dat reflected in the polls.

5 Likes

Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by praise010(m): 10:51pm On May 01, 2015
I hate articles without paragraphs.
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by ziccoit: 10:54pm On May 01, 2015
Ezemust:
In my opinion something urgent need to be done to the political conciousness of the Igbos as a whole.A drastic measure is needed to curb the unbecoming mindset of the Igbos concerning their political life.

This past election was a strong wake up call for the Igbo.it had opened many blind eye to see the reality on ground.and now that the reality has hit us on the neck,i think we need to stand up and realise ourself.we need to make use of the daylight in search of the black goat before darkness befalls us all.we all need to make up our mind on our wants and in uniform agitates for it.in other word,let stop sitting on the fence and acting up the NEUTRAL.

WHEN i went home from the North to my state Enugu for the presidential election did i realise the malady of a situation the igbos place themself in term of politics.the situation was so sordid to the extent i became a make-shift preacher.i have to shout out my voice and explain things out to this VAGUE people.

I was mad.i was really mad at my people.why wont i be mad when this people develop a political mentality of I DONT CARE ATTITUED?WHY wont i be mad when men with pvc will rather choose to tape their palm win on election day instead of going out to vote?why wont i be mad when young ladies with pvc will rather stay at home and gossip instead of going out to vote?why wont i be mad..........why wont i be mad.........why wont i be mad?and do u know what was their excuse:?I HAVE NOT VOTED BEFORE,THE GOVERNMENT DONT FEED ME.MY GOD.

Imagin this:-while going home i was worried knowing that my vote is lost due to change of enviroment.now after landing in my home of fourteen people,eight of them with pvc.on the day of election only my uncle went out to vote.the others dont even know were they kept their pvc.and this are people praying for gej to win.i was scared to the bone.wahala dey.what is this?how are you going to win when every hausa man with pvc is goner vote in this election?in Igbo rural areas i lent 60% did'nt vote. In my humble opinion i think drastic measures is paramount.there's a need for a strong wave of arwearness to hit the ground running in the East.i think wat is helping the North is the media.and we can copy from them.lets put more effort in using the the redio stations across the land to educat our people.whe we unite against this unbecoming issues we can all win together.

See, let me tell you something if only you will reason along with my line of thought. I partially agree with your submission. People don't usually participate much in electioneering process and the problem is not peculiar to Nigerians.
I want to tell you here that their failure to vote in that part of country as stated by you wouldn't have had effect on outcome of the election result. I believe up to 60% of these people who didn't show up in pooling boot eventually got their votes cast on their behalf through election rigging and manipulation . How do you want to explain 80% voters turnout in some SE state (national average was less than 50%) when you claim here that people didn't go out to vote? I think they were better off not coming out since rigging was able to take care of that deficit. I'm worry if you are not that merging of 2M votes was recorded between APC and PDP despite the former won in 4 of 6 geopolitical zones!

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:59pm On May 01, 2015
op even if all those absentees voted, yoruba betrayal would still have allowed buhary to win

the problem is south west

stop blaming our people
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by EdCure: 10:59pm On May 01, 2015
Ezemust:
at first after the election,i could'nt beleive wat i was watching jega read out.dat gej was losing.
Please edit your topic. it's attitude. Not "attitued".
And learn to punctuate properly to make your prose less boring.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by Ezemust: 11:01pm On May 01, 2015
GoodMuyis:
Your Are right Not Only have good mentality to election but also a good sense of judgment to vote for someone wth good credibility not just because he is your kinsman
gej is nt an Igbo man.so the kinsmen issue dont come in.look there are thousand and one reason the Igbo will always love gej.no mata how there's sentiment in politics.for the first time since after the war the Igbo man have a say in Nigeri politics.gej made that possible.we have every reason to want gej
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 01, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
op even if all those absentees voted, yoruba betrayal would still have allowed buhary to win

stop blaming our people
Ori e ti daru. No wonder,dem say make una enter lagoon. Wetin concern yoruba with ppl whey no vote 4 igbo land.

3 Likes

Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 01, 2015
EdCure:
Please edit your topic. it's attitude. Not "attitued". And learn to punctuate properly to make your prose less boring.
Pow Pow,shots fired.
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by Ezemust: 11:16pm On May 01, 2015
theV0ice:

I'm very glad with your honesty as per the bold. You and I had an argument where I mentioned something similar to the bold to u.

The average Hausa/Fulani no matter how poor or illiterate gets serious about elections. I wouldn't have registered in 2010 if not for the thought that I might suffer some consequences if I have any dealings with govt. It wasn't because I planned to vote but thank God it added to the votes GMB got. What right would I have to complain if I didn't register or vote?

Udengs Eradiri said "its only in this region(SS) that people expect to be paid to register and vote" with such mentality, how do you make your voice heard in the power equation? Until we southerners realise that democracy is a game of numbers, we would keep blaming everything except ourselves for our inability to make the change we desire.

I told my colleagues that gej will have problems because they and others don't have PVC but they confidently told me gej doesn't need votes to win. They believed as an incumbent president, the Army, police and INEC will work for his victory.

Well they're witnesses to how that confidence played out....
truth.the south need to unite in time of election.no mata the enmity between us,we need to unite in time of election.who knows,maybe a united southern vote could bring about peace in Nigeria.maybe the North would decide to listen to our voice if they see our strenght.in time of election the north is one
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by Ezemust: 11:20pm On May 01, 2015
BlackMaria:
And this same south-east/south-south come dey cry say,dem don rig their messiah out of power.
You can't mobilise ppl from ur region to vote and una go dey yarb the north,calling dem 'born to rule'. How wud dey not rule,wen dose in the south who are supposed to vote keep saying,dey can't vote,simply bcuz d government is not feeding dem. Example,during the announcement of the presidential polls,we had a case of 1.6million registered voters,500thousand ppl where accredited,300thousand votes was recorded here in the southern part of nigeria. But in the north,2million registered voters,1.8million accredited,1.6 registered votes was recorded. Look @ d difference.
Until we stop politics of Life and Death here in the south,where-by one cannot vote simply bcuz of violence and d likes,the northerners will continue to dictate,who rules this country.

I rep APC.
SAI Buhari.
Baba,pls wen u take control,pls jail goodluck ebele Jonad^ft 4 all d corrupt cases attributed to his administration.
Also send a punishment squad against dat coward(Barcanista).
Thank you.
are u inside the house or outside in the rain?
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by Ezemust: 11:22pm On May 01, 2015
praise010:
I hate articles without paragraphs.
am just using a nokia phone to type.
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by Ezemust: 11:29pm On May 01, 2015
ziccoit:

See, let me tell you something if only you will reason along with my line of thought. I partially agree with your submission. People don't usually participate much in electioneering process and the problem is not peculiar to Nigerians.
I want to tell you here that their failure to vote in that part of country as stated by you wouldn't have had effect on outcome of the election result. I believe up to 60% of these people who didn't show up in pooling boot eventually got their votes cast on their behalf through election rigging and manipulation . How do you want to explain 80% voters turnout in some SE state (national average was less than 50%) when you claim here that people didn't go out to vote? I think they were better off not coming out since rigging was able to take care of that deficit. I'm worry if you are not that merging of 2M votes was recorded between APC and PDP despite the former won in 4 of 6 geopolitical zones!
funny.PDP will rig an election to lose?i dont believe dat
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by Ezemust: 11:31pm On May 01, 2015
EdCure:

Please edit your topic. it's attitude. Not "attitued".
And learn to punctuate properly to make your prose less boring.
my phone set me up.will do dat.tenz
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by Ilekeh(f): 11:52pm On May 01, 2015
What's the number of PVC collectors and actual voters in other regions? The North came out for sure, but the South, not much.

Most SW didn't bother collecting their PVC (I think about 60-70% of PV were collected, compared to eligible voters). The SS/SE had the 2nd highest PVC distribution, after the North.

So SW, with their low turnout, still voted impartially.....with almost 51-49 (Buhari-GEJ) in all SW states. If SW voted as tribalistic as the SS/SE, GEJ wouldn't have a chance, talkless of doubting the result.

Even with the excessive rigging in the SS/SE, PDP couldn't pull off their hat trick.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by Duru1(m): 12:12am On May 02, 2015
Ezemust:

It is not by force or thorough silly coercion that people participate in election. If you have something grievously at stake during the election, you go and knock yourself out and leave others to their callings.
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by omonnakoda: 12:19am On May 02, 2015
Duru1:

It is not by force or thorough silly coercion that people participate in election. If you have something grievously at stake during the election, you go and knock yourself out and leave others to their callings.

Old Dende is dead and gone to his grave hm ha gone to his grave.
They planted ewedu tree over his grave
hm ha over his grave.
Amala is ready and waiting for soup
Hm Ha waiting for soup

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by raumdeuter: 12:30am On May 02, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

stop blaming our people

So your destiny lies with Yorubas

Your means of survival lies in Yoruba land

What can you actually do without Yorubas?

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by nwaanambra1(m): 12:40am On May 02, 2015
WE ARE TIRED OF YOU GUYS ADVICES!

PLS SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASSS555 AND LEAVE US ALONE!

YOU ALL CAN GO AND DIE WITH YOUR HATE FOR THE IGBOS!

SEE ALL THE IJAWS FORMING TO LOVE IGBOS ALL O FA SUDDEN AND YET THEY STILL HOLD OUR PROPERTIES IN THEIR LAND!

LEAVE US ALONE! SIMPLE!

STOP CREATING THREADS ON THE IGBOS! FACE YOUR OWN PEOPLE AND LEAVE US THE HELL ALONE!

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by GoodMuyis(m): 3:40am On May 02, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

stop blaming our people

You Are right, back to 2011, Yoruba Voted Massively for GEJ, it was here on Nairaland that some mofos are saying GEJ dont need SW votes are you Kidding for victory.
The bold part make me thinking that you are not Democratic, if your own People refuse to vote what is the problem of SW, 2011 SW make a decision but 2015, they still make another decision. Get the point straight:

* Politics is a game of Number mobilize your people to vote
* Nigeria has 3 major region, for a region to produce President, they must align themselves to one; SW/N, SS,SE/N or SS,SE/SSW

with you blaming SW for your failure of PDP show that you never align yourself to any region and expect victory, where are you going to get it.
Just Stop blaming SW we have decided

[size=18pt]GMB till 2023[/size]

3 Likes

Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by adconline(m): 3:49am On May 02, 2015
Your grammar is horrible! Change your grammar.
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by GoodMuyis(m): 3:54am On May 02, 2015
Ezemust:
gej is nt an Igbo man.so the kinsmen issue dont come in.look there are thousand and one reason the Igbo will always love gej.no mata how there's sentiment in politics.for the first time since after the war the Igbo man have a say in Nigeri politics.gej made that possible.we have every reason to want gej

Thanks for the eye opening, GEj being an Igbo or not he is from SS or SE which we regarded as Igbo just the same way someone from north is regarded as Mallam.

GEJ making an the Igbos to have a say in Politics is not enough, you need and must align yourself with another region to really archive your political goal not just having a say; also voters education is important as you must have stated, as a INEC adhoc staff in the North i saw many uneducated and very old women knowing how to thumbprint APC on the ballot, they even say shutup i know how to do it to party agent.

Am sure the same will not happen coming 2019
Re: The Igbos Should Change Their Political Attitued by ziccoit: 4:17am On May 02, 2015
Ezemust:
funny.PDP will rig an election to lose?i dont believe dat

You successfully rig an election in your stronghold. You dare not enter your opponent territory else you may be decimated. Before March 28, the stronghold of PDP has been pushed to SS and SE and those are the places where heavy rigging was perpetrated. Without rigging in those two regions, the PDP defeat would have been monumental. The merging would have been crazy. The turn out in some of the states in SS and SE where you said people didn't come out to vote did not resonate with reality on ground. 80% turnout was not low, it was fraudulently remarkable and didn't portend with your assertion that people failed to come out to vote! Technically people came out enmassed to vote GEJ in those regions which was not the case in reality.

The turnout in entire SW states was less than 40% in some state it was about 30%. Let me be plain here, PDP heavily rigged election in SS and SE that was why turnout was that crazy and the only reason the margins was that close!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Next Northern Messiah -kwankwaso? / Breaking News: Buhari Approves N400bn For Workers’ Salaries / See What The World Is Saying About America's Refusal To Sell Arms To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.