Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reveals She Has Been Living With Cancer For The Last 15 Year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reveals She Has Been Living With Cancer For The Last 15 Year (608 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reveals How GEJ Wrecked Nigeria's Economy / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Karonmagaji Village School In Abuja On Her Birthday / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reveals She Has Been Living With Cancer For The Last 15 Year by tola9ja: 10:51pm On May 01, 2015
FINANCE minister Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has revealed shocking details of how she has survived cancer and battled on with her public life despite having to undergo several surgical operations.

Speaking yesterday during the service of songs of presidential aide Oronto Douglas, Dr Okonjo-Iweala stunned mourners by revealing that she had survived cancer after being diagnosed with the ailment 15 years ago. Mr Douglas who died of cancer earlier this month, aged 49, was President Goodluck Jonathan's special adviser on research and strategy.

At yesterday's service of songs in Abuja attended by a cross section of society, President Jonathan was represented by Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, the secretary to the government of the federation. Also in attendance were former Ekiti State governor Kayode Fayemi and Pastor Tunde Bakare who brought greetings from president-elect General Muhammadu Buhari.

Former Economic and Financial Crimes Commission chairman Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, also attended, as did senator-elect Ben Murray Bruce and the deputy managing director of Thisday, Kayode Komolafe. Tributes from several speakers centered on how Mr Douglas built bridges across political divides but it was Dr Okonjo-Iweala who stunned everyone with her revelation.

Dr Okonjo-Iweala said: “Oronto and I had two similarities in life, we both had cancer. I had my last surgery 15 years ago and I shared my experience with him.”

Tributes also came from former Bayelsa State governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, Dr Sam Amadi, the chairman of the National Electricity Regulatory Commission, Reverend Nnimmo Bassey, Yinka Odumakin and Ken Saro Wiwa. An environmental lawyer, Mr Douglas used to be a champion of the deprived communities in the Niger Delta before following President Jonathan into government.
- See more at: http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/6884-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-reveals-she-has-been-living-with-cancer-for-the-last-15-years#sthash.l2SqOFAY.dpuf
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reveals She Has Been Living With Cancer For The Last 15 Year by otr1(m): 11:00pm On May 01, 2015
Oronto and I had two similarities in life, we both had cancer. I had my last surgery 15 years ago and I shared my experience with him
shocked
Madam, I thank God you.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reveals She Has Been Living With Cancer For The Last 15 Year by kelvine(m): 11:27pm On May 01, 2015
Cancer is so much an evil disease,it killed someone so dear to me. cry cry cry
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reveals She Has Been Living With Cancer For The Last 15 Year by chigoizie7(m): 1:02am On May 02, 2015
Is she trying to say this so that her health conditions will take her out of prison?

(1) (Reply)

Members Of Buhari's Transition Committee Not Automatic Ministers – Joda / APC Governors Meet Buhari Over Those To Be Made Ministers / not a country, Is 2 different Countries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.