Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,121 members, 7,860,051 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:00 AM

APC Governors Meet Buhari Over Those To Be Made Ministers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Governors Meet Buhari Over Those To Be Made Ministers (610 Views)

PDP Governors Meet At Fayose's House In Abuja Over Supreme Court Judgement / South East Governors Meet In Enugu, To Meet Buhari For Release Of Nnamdi Kanu / Northern Governors Meet Over Pro-Biafra Protest - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Governors Meet Buhari Over Those To Be Made Ministers by NewsINigeria(m): 9:15am On May 04, 2015
[img]http://www..com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/APC-Governors-Meet-Buhari-over-Those-to-be-Made-Ministers-300x168.jpg[/img]

APC Governors Meet Buhari over Those to be Made Ministers

Governors of the All Progressives Congress are meeting with the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, in Abuja on Tuesday to finalize on the names that would make the new ministerial list.

The meeting, it was gathered, would be the first to be attended by the governors jointly since the conduct of the March 28 presidential election which Buhari won.

“The APC governors, serving and incoming, are to meet Buhari on Tuesday morning in Abuja to formally congratulate him on his electoral victory and make input into the policy direction of the administration ahead of the May 29 inauguration of the new government.

“Ahead of the Tuesday meeting, the governors would hold a meeting on Monday evening in Abuja where we would firm up our presentation to the President-elect,”

a sitting governor gave details of the meeting to Punch.
Apart from this, the governors are also expected to make their position known on which zone to be supported for the office of the Senate President.
It was gathered that the governors would demand that they be allowed to nominate who should become the Senate President.

Despite the fact that two of the governors contested the presidential primaries against Buhari, majority of the governors supported his candidacy.

After Buhari’s emergence as the party’s standard bearer, the governors wanted one of them as his running mate, but when the lot fell on Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (SAN), they bowed to party supremacy and supported the Buhari/Osinbajo ticket.

It was gathered that the governors felt that they should be allowed to present the next Senate President since they had not collectively got anything since the formation of the APC.

ead more>>> http://www.justyouchat.com/apc-governors-meet-buhari-over-those-to-be-made-ministers/
Re: APC Governors Meet Buhari Over Those To Be Made Ministers by temitemi1(m): 9:18am On May 04, 2015
Meeting of looters... GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
Re: APC Governors Meet Buhari Over Those To Be Made Ministers by Nobody: 9:19am On May 04, 2015
temitemi1:
Meeting of looters... GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
I hate "change" undecided
Re: APC Governors Meet Buhari Over Those To Be Made Ministers by RoyalBlak007: 9:20am On May 04, 2015
lets see the outcome
Re: APC Governors Meet Buhari Over Those To Be Made Ministers by psucc(m): 9:49am On May 04, 2015
Buhari will run mad making a choice between conflicting demands.
Now he will be upset about democracy.
Re: APC Governors Meet Buhari Over Those To Be Made Ministers by Tolexander: 9:59am On May 04, 2015
Apart from this, the governors are also expected
to make their position known on which zone to be
supported for the office of the Senate President.
It was gathered that the governors would demand
that they be allowed to nominate who should
become the Senate President.
they must be high on menstrual fluid from the first ladies.
Re: APC Governors Meet Buhari Over Those To Be Made Ministers by luvinhubby(m): 10:04am On May 04, 2015
Told somebody that Nigeria's problem is not in Abuja but scattered accross 36 cities in Nigeria housing 36 'elected' criminals (robbing the masses of their funds through security votes) & answering 'your excellency' as governors in their states.

Eliminate states, return to regions (6) & watch Nigeria boom again.
Re: APC Governors Meet Buhari Over Those To Be Made Ministers by Obijulius: 10:08am On May 04, 2015
Story for the gods
Re: APC Governors Meet Buhari Over Those To Be Made Ministers by Nobody: 10:33am On May 04, 2015
GMB my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

(1) (Reply)

Omg!!!baby Badly Burnt After Boko Haram Attack / You Cannot Stampede Jonathan Out Of Office, Presidency Warns APC - Vanguard / My Bitter Experience With Policemen In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.