Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,306 members, 7,839,490 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

We Must Question Sources Of Rich Nigerians’ Wealth –osinbajo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Must Question Sources Of Rich Nigerians’ Wealth –osinbajo (25445 Views)

Malabu Scandal: Why We Must Question Jonathan – Reps / Probe CAN, TAN, Super-rich Nigerians, Anglican Bishop Urges Buhari / We Must Question Sources Of Rich Nigerians’ Wealth –osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Must Question Sources Of Rich Nigerians’ Wealth –osinbajo by eagleeyez: 3:53am On May 03, 2015
nsiazu:
What's bad in having a foreign bank account? I don't see anything wrong.

Nothing wrong if u are not a public officer.
Please dwell and reason on what he meant as its obvious
Re: We Must Question Sources Of Rich Nigerians’ Wealth –osinbajo by luvmijeje(f): 5:32am On May 03, 2015
He said, “We have always talked about zero tolerance for corruption but it is also important that people are made to understand that there will be consequence for corruption.

“What we have seen so far is that there is hardly any consequence and people simply get away with it and if you get away with it often, it sends a message to everyone that there is no problem, and we need to fix that whole thinking that there has to be a consequence for corrupt practices.
Re: We Must Question Sources Of Rich Nigerians’ Wealth –osinbajo by luvmijeje(f): 5:37am On May 03, 2015
If the police want to deal with the criminals, you and I know that they are hampered from doing so, they are hampered structurally, they are hampered by the fact that they are not as well equipped as they ought to be, and they are not resourced as they ought to be but the structural problem is the major one.

“A country of this size needs some form of community policing because criminality is always local, we need to have policemen who understand the local language, who live in the local community, who understand the language. So there is logic in it to have community policing.”

See sense! May God grant you and your boss the will to carry out your reforms.
Re: We Must Question Sources Of Rich Nigerians’ Wealth –osinbajo by kaen1317: 7:09am On May 03, 2015
Talking with so much zeal about what you will do and all.wait till u really take over. Sure u'll be singing a different song
Re: We Must Question Sources Of Rich Nigerians’ Wealth –osinbajo by stanech: 7:37am On May 03, 2015
This Old man that looks like an aids patient.
I don't know why our leaders are so dumb.

How can you question the source of of my wealth? why not check your pulse for missing money and trace it to the thief.
after you determine the source of my wealth what next ? drag me to court ? we all know how the court. works in Nigeria .
this people might end up achieving nothing for 4 years
How do you question the source someone's wealth?

Jonathan has his faults but his proposed method of fighting corruption was better. which is to block all the leakages and make it impossible to steal in the first place..
Re: We Must Question Sources Of Rich Nigerians’ Wealth –osinbajo by Princecalm(m): 11:31am On May 03, 2015
nsiazu:
What's bad in having a foreign bank account? I don't see anything wrong.
is it that the banks in Nigeria are not enough, or what other services are you looking for?
Re: We Must Question Sources Of Rich Nigerians’ Wealth –osinbajo by nsiazu: 12:17pm On May 03, 2015
Princecalm:
is it that the banks in Nigeria are not enough, or what other services are you looking for?
I travel alot so having foreign bank account is not bad.
Re: We Must Question Sources Of Rich Nigerians’ Wealth –osinbajo by Princecalm(m): 12:27pm On May 03, 2015
nsiazu:
I travel alot so having foreign bank account is not bad.
you are yet to tell me the additional services the foreign bank offer because we have enough banks to save money in.
Re: We Must Question Sources Of Rich Nigerians’ Wealth –osinbajo by tosadplanet(m): 12:44pm On May 03, 2015
It baffles me when i read stories and hear Nigerians allow sentiments to order their views, esp as it concerns national issues. If we dont believe in this country and that it can be fixed, then why waste time talking or typing messages when national issues are discussed. I believe that, a friend that cannot make me a better person, should atleast leave me the way he met me and not instead make me worse off. I expect the chorus of GMB is not the change we need to have stopped by now...since it common sense that GEJ failed woefully in the way handled the affairs of this nation last 6 years. At least i dint have issues with his candidacy 4 yrs ago....i dint jus vote for him, i also campaigned for him. I personally launched the operation convince 20 people you meet daily, especially those you have strong influence over to either stay committed to GEJ course, or switch alliances to GEJ course if they were not in the first place. That was 2011. My electricians, tailors, members of staffs and colleagues and there friends etc were all points of contacts then. I believed a shoeless president without any history of political relevance in this country(at least his father was not wealthy or former Minister of politician) should be given a chance. If he could win election in Nigeria, I believed maybe one day there's hope for people like us. That is history now, he won and he forgot where he was coming from. Made friends with few pysophants, who milked him and destroyed the little relevance he still had politically. I therefore vowed in 2015 not to repeat the mistake of 2011....I mobilized obce again massively against Jonathan's re-election....the figure changed fron 20 to 50 in favour of the retired General. I believed anybody else as far as i was concerned will be prefered to GEJ. It dint now matter if I was a Christian, Muslim, Southerner, Westerner, Northerner.....what only mattered to me was....I am first addressed as a Nigerian by foreigners before they even ask what part or State are you from. It is about my beloved country. In my opinion, I dont think people should be judge only with their past...because so many of us have erred in the past....infact if I had judged by the past, I probably wont marry my wife...But thank God I interpreted her from the decisions she took in the present, (after I met her) and the principles she stood for. She rediscoverd herself and made certain decisions that were in sharp contrast to what she stood for long before we met. That is why I believe Tinubu, and the other guyz were all instruments in the hand of God to bring this so much desired change. Someone has to be used...and it turned out to be Tinubu. If Tinubu is actually a thief....and I hope we know and understand that being a thief goes beyond i stole....it is a way of life(infact i believe its a nature problem). You could steal and be justified, at least in our courts...It is more of the underlining facts...'the motives and the whys' that matter in the long run. A young boy passing through a yam farm coming from school in the evening, starving to death for instance, steals a tuber of yam...roasts it and eat it so he doesnt die of starvation could be set free by the Judge if ample evidence points out that he was near death, due to starvation. Another guaay with similar story, same location and scenerio, instead of 1 tuber of yam, steals a goat or even a chicken....may not go free....We all know there's no wayBuhari would have defeated the incumbent president without the supports of these guyz....funds are also needed to pursue this course. How do i now measure Tinubu?....If he was indeed a criminal and a thief, which was easier and cheaper for him....? Alliance or fraternity wit a Buhari that is seen as a righteous General that can change tomorrow, dump him if he ever wins(since nobody was sure who could win) and still prosecute and jail him for corruption....Atleast thats the impression we have of him. Or just wine and dine with incumbent, GEJ....make more money, get Minsterial nominees in juicy ministries...not spend your dime and move on? A man is not defined by his past or history but by wht he stands for today. If the money he stole( assuming its true) is to get Nigerians out of this bondage...then by God'a grace... I am in support. He has only shown that he did not steal for himself but for the masses.....sefini
Re: We Must Question Sources Of Rich Nigerians’ Wealth –osinbajo by tosadplanet(m): 12:48pm On May 03, 2015
It baffles me when i read stories and hear Nigerians allow sentiments to order their views, esp as it concerns national issues. If we dont believe in this country and that it can be fixed, then why waste time talking or typing messages when national issues are discussed. I believe that, a friend that cannot make me a better person, should atleast leave me the way he met me and not instead make me worse off. I expect the chorus of GMB is not the change we need to have stopped by now...since it common sense that GEJ failed woefully in the way handled the affairs of this nation last 6 years. At least i dint have issues with his candidacy 4 yrs ago....i dint jus vote for him, i also campaigned for him. I personally launched the operation convince 20 people you meet daily, especially those you have strong influence over to either stay committed to GEJ course, or switch alliances to GEJ course if they were not in the first place. That was 2011. My electricians, tailors, members of staffs and colleagues and there friends etc were all points of contacts then. I believed a shoeless president without any history of political relevance in this country(at least his father was not wealthy or former Minister of politician) should be given a chance. If he could win election in Nigeria, I believed maybe one day there's hope for people like us.
Re: We Must Question Sources Of Rich Nigerians’ Wealth –osinbajo by tosadplanet(m): 12:53pm On May 03, 2015
That is history now, he won and he forgot where he was coming from. Made friends with few pysophants, who milked him and destroyed the little relevance he still had politically. I therefore vowed in 2015 not to repeat the mistake of 2011....I mobilized obce again massively against Jonathan's re-election....the figure changed fron 20 to 50 in favour of the retired General. I believed anybody else as far as i was concerned will be prefered to GEJ. It dint now matter if I was a Christian, Muslim, Southerner, Westerner, Northerner.....what only mattered to me was....I am first addressed as a Nigerian by foreigners before they even ask what part or State are you from. It is about my beloved country. In my opinion, I dont think people should be judge only with their past...because so many of us have erred in the past....infact if I had judged by the past, I probably wont marry my wife...But thank God I interpreted her from the decisions she took in the present, (after I met her) and the principles she stood for. She rediscoverd herself and made certain decisions that were in sharp contrast to what she stood for long before we met. That is why I believe Tinubu, and the other guyz were all instruments in the hand of God to bring this so much desired change. Someone has to be used...and it turned out to be Tinubu. If Tinubu is actually a thief....and I hope we know and understand that being a thief goes beyond i stole....it is a way of life(infact i believe its a nature problem). You could steal and be justified, at least in our courts...It is more of the underlining facts...'the motives and the whys' that matter in the long run. A young boy passing through a yam farm coming from school in the evening, starving to death for instance, steals a tuber of yam...roasts it and eat it so he doesnt die of starvation could be set free by the Judge if ample evidence points out that he was near death, due to starvation. Another guy with similar story, same location and scenerio, instead of 1 tuber of yam, steals a goat or even a chicken....may not go free....We all know there's no wayBuhari would have defeated the incumbent president without the supports of these guyz....funds are also needed to pursue this course. How do i now measure Tinubu?....If he was indeed a criminal and a thief, which was easier and cheaper for him....? Alliance or fraternity wit a Buhari that is seen as a righteous General that can change tomorrow, dump him if he ever wins(since nobody was sure who could win) and still prosecute and jail him for corruption....Atleast thats the impression we have of him. Or just wine and dine with incumbent, GEJ....make more money, get Minsterial nominees in juicy ministries...not spend your dime and move on? A man is not defined by his past or history but by wht he stands for today. If the money he stole( assuming its true) is to get Nigerians out of this bondage...then by God'a grace... I am in support. He has only shown that he did not steal for himself but for the masses.....sefini
Re: We Must Question Sources Of Rich Nigerians’ Wealth –osinbajo by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 04, 2015
The most important thing here is to persuade the government to implement their campaign promises of 1) providing unemployment allowances to applicants, 2) discontinue the fuel subsidy regime, 3) feeding of our children in public primary and secondary schools, 4) creating 1 million jobs annually, 5) making 1$ to #1, 6) reduction of house of assembly members and public servant salaries. Etc
Re: We Must Question Sources Of Rich Nigerians’ Wealth –osinbajo by Chiaka(f): 2:23pm On May 04, 2015
If your Boss Tinubu does not make the list! the whole thing is fake!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Has Paid $2bn For Second Niger Bridge – Osinbajo / Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer / Fani-Kayode Reacts As Presidency Queries Obasanjo’s Absence At Democracy Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.