Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 (2690 Views)

Fatima Buhari: N100,000 Paid As Bride Price At Her Wedding / See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? / Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by FitnessNigeria: 4:32pm On May 02, 2015
noblezone:

I just told you what I did today!

I did a walk out for about 1 hr 25mins covering a distance of about 8.5Km.
I used a GPS enabled smart phone an it recored time, distance and speed.
It accurately displayed the speed as 6Km/Hr.

I have called for people to perform the simple experiment but non of you are forth coming.
In a country of more than 160 Million, we cant boast of at least 10 people who are willing to make a little sacrifice?

I have even stake N100k for just one person who can cover 40Km in 4 hrs!
Even the Traveler is invited.
Let him cover 40Km in 4Hrs and collect the N100,000.00
Do you mean we dont have just 1 person within this our population?

Why are we so lazy minded?
Africa will surely remain backward!

We are really not ready for any change!
You can quote me sir!

Bro, Free these people, One day they will believe that Mary the mother of Jesus also gave birth to them.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by atlwireles: 4:39pm On May 02, 2015
noblezone:

I just told you what I did today!

I did a walk out for about 1 hr 25mins covering a distance of about 8.5Km.
I used a GPS enabled smart phone an it recored time, distance and speed.
It accurately displayed the speed as 6Km/Hr.

I have called for people to perform the simple experiment but non of you are forth coming.
In a country of more than 160 Million, we cant boast of at least 10 people who are willing to make a little sacrifice?

I have even stake N100k for just one person who can cover 40Km in 4 hrs!
Even the Traveler is invited.
Let him cover 40Km in 4Hrs and collect the N100,000.00
Do you mean we dont have just 1 person within this our population?

Why are we so lazy minded?
Africa will surely remain backward!

We are really not ready for any change!
You can quote me sir!

In the land of 419, people believe anything.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by otr1(m): 5:04pm On May 02, 2015
I jog every morning. I cover approximately 12 Km on an average of 70 minutes, but I can't maintain this for straight 10 hours( no one can).
If he actually walked the whole distance, then he didn't get the timing right.
Walking 130km in 13 hours is impossible.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by brownlord: 5:18pm On May 02, 2015
noblezone, disturbing yourself over this issue means you actually believed that guy trekked those distance all on foot.

Nigerians are too silly to put their brain to work.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 02, 2015
otr1:
I jog every morning. I cover approximately 12 Km on an average of 70 minutes, but I can't maintain this for straight 10 hours( no one can).
If he actually walked the whole distance, then he didn't get the timing right.
Walking 130km in 13 hours is impossible.

You jugged, the guy didnt jug, he trekked.
With jugging you can cover that but when you now had to jug for non stop 13 hours!

It is even more than 130Km in 13 hours.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 02, 2015
brownlord:
noblezone, disturbing yourself over this issue means you actually believed that guy trekked those distance all on foot.

Nigerians are too silly to put their brain to work.

Not really.
Also I dont see it as disturbing myself.
I see it as my contribution towards getting our people to start thinking right.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by otr1(m): 8:24pm On May 02, 2015
noblezone:

You jugged, the guy didnt jug, he trekked.
With jugging you can cover that but when you now had to jug for non stop 13 hours!

It is even more than 130Km in 13 hours.

I know he trekked. Even if he jogged, he couldn't have covered that distance, because his speed would reduce by half after the first 90 minutes. We are humans, not machines.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by wirinet(m): 9:32pm On May 02, 2015
The OP is not even putting the weather into consideration. I tried walking from my home to my office last week which is just a distance of about 2km. The problem was i did the walking about 12 noon, and by the time i walked 30mins, i was sweating, exhusted and tired. The sun was blazing hot and i was panting like a dog. Now imagine walking on Lagos - Ibadan expressway from from 11am to 5pm in the blazing sun non stop at 12km/hr. He will be dehydrated in no time.

The story of Jonny Walker is so stupid that it is a miracle some people believe him.

So here is my challenge to believers, walk 5km at 6km/hr for just 2hrs from 12noon to 2pm and come here and tell us your experience.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Alphaoscar: 10:09pm On May 02, 2015
noblezone:
In a country of more than 160,000,000 people, someone claims he covered a distance of more 130Km in 13Hrs! (1Km in 6Mins), and people are not asking questions!
Rather all are hailing him for the "great" feat!

First, I am very sure that somebody can trek from Lagos to Abuja, so I am very sure trekking from Lagos to Ibadan is no big deal!

However, claiming to have covered a distance of more than 130Km in 13Hrs, is a different ball game altogether.

This is because the average walking speed of man is between 5Km and 6Km per Hour.
5Km if the walk is normal and 6Km if the walk is sporty (as walking out).

My Experience:
I just came back from a walk!
It was not a normal walk, it was a Walk Out!
I had nothing but the smart phone for GPS connection.
I wore canvass and some free clothings so as to maximize my walk potentials.

I covered about 8.5km and the Smart Phone recorded an average Speed of 6Km/Hr.
I repeat, it was not just trekking or walking, it was a walk out! The kind of walk you do with giant strides as if in haste.

My Challenge:

First, I am challenging the "Traveler", he lied to Nigerians!
Also, I am throwing a challenge to all Nigerians, anybody who can

Cover a distance of 40Km in 4 Hours in a single walk exercise will win a cash price of N100,000.00.

Get my point, my position is that this is not possible and I want to be proven wrong!

I am calling on a like minded fellows who will want to us Africans do things different from the way we use to contribute their quota in this challenge.

I am talking about ideas on how to execute the project.

If you are interested in taking the challenge or to work with us to execute it, please feel free to send me a mail: noble_concepts@yahoo.com

Happy New Month to all

How did you arrive at 130km @ 13hours sir? What is the distance from Lagos to Abuja and how many days did the trecker spent on the road from Lagos - Abuja? I am just hearing from you that the trecked 130km in 13hours which is false .

Lagos to Abuja is around 700km if I am not mistaken and can you tell us how many days he spent on the road .

NB: he actually spent 18days on the road which means your data is grossly faulty and inaccurate.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/suleiman-hashimu-lagos-to-abuja-trekker-meets-buhari-in-abuja/
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 7:34am On May 03, 2015
otr1:
I know he trekked. Even if he jogged, he couldn't have covered that distance, because his speed would reduce by half after the first 90 minutes. We are humans, not machines.
Whether we run, jug, fast walk walk slowly, the fact is, as time passes our speed drops.

that is why i have throne a challenge for anyone who can conver 40Km in 4 hrs with trekking to collect N100,000.00 from me.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 7:45am On May 03, 2015
wirinet:
The OP is not even putting the weather into consideration. I tried walking from my home to my office last week which is just a distance of about 2km. The problem was i did the walking about 12 noon, and by the time i walked 30mins, i was sweating, exhusted and tired. The sun was blazing hot and i was panting like a dog. Now imagine walking on Lagos - Ibadan expressway from from 11am to 5pm in the blazing sun non stop at 12km/hr. He will be dehydrated in no time.

The story of Jonny Walker is so stupid that it is a miracle some people believe him.

So here is my challenge to believers, walk 5km at 6km/hr for just 2hrs from 12noon to 2pm and come here and tell us your experience.
I don't even want to bring all those details in, I dont want to consider the sun, the rain, wind, dust, etc.
Let us assume it was all smooth with no hindrance whatever.
It is still impossible to a man to cover 130Km in 13hrs on a single stretch.

I have just thrown a challenge, let any Nigerian cover 40Km in 4Hrs and have N100,000.00
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 7:56am On May 03, 2015
Alphaoscar:

How did you arrive at 130km @ 13hours sir? What is the distance from Lagos to Abuja and how many days did the trecker spent on the road from Lagos - Abuja? I am just hearing from you that the trecked 130km in 13hours which is false .

Lagos to Abuja is around 700km if I am not mistaken and can you tell us how many days he spent on the road .

NB: he actually spent 18days on the road which means your data is grossly faulty and inaccurate.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/suleiman-hashimu-lagos-to-abuja-trekker-meets-buhari-in-abuja/

13 Hrs:
He claimed he left Lagos 5.00am and reached Ibadan by 6.00pm same day.
That was how I got 13 Hrs.

130Km;
This is the approximate distance from Lagos to Ibadan.

This means he did an approx of 10Km for every Hour!

And I am saying it is not possible.

Next saturday, do an experiment.

Trek as fast as you can for one hour and check how many Kilo meters you can cover.
Use a GPS enabled phone to assist you with the measurements of time and distance.

I did it yesterday. I fast walked and covered 6Km in an Hour.

Even if he covered 10Km in the first hour, it is not possible to that in subsequent hours.
that is why I have thrown a challenge:

Any Nigerian who can cover 40Km in 4 Hours while trekking has a cash reward of N100,000.00.

My Traveler is a fraud!
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Djicemob: 8:08am On May 03, 2015
I noticed the APC fans believe he trekked the distance while the PDP believe he didnt trek the distance.Now my question is,are the Apc fans robots that swallow anything been giving to them as far as it relates to them in a good way?
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by otr1(m): 8:12am On May 03, 2015
noblezone:

Whether we run, jug, fast walk walk slowly, the fact is, as time passes our speed drops.

that is why i have throne a challenge for anyone who can conver 40Km in 4 hrs with trekking to collect N100,000.00 from me.
He must have made a mistake about the time, if he actually walked the whole distance.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 03, 2015
Djicemob:
I noticed the APC fans believe he trekked the distance while the PDP believe he didnt trek the distance.Now my question is,are the Apc fans robots that swallow anything been giving to them as far as it relates to them in a good way?

One guy has already accused me of questioning the Traveler's claims because he is not Igbo!
and you are bringing a new dimension to it.

Well, as far as I am concerning, there is no emotion or sentiment here.
It has nothing to do with party, tribe or religion.

A nation made of more than 160 Million people have been sold a dummy and it is a pity we bought it without scrutiny.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Djicemob: 4:08pm On May 03, 2015
noblezone:

One guy has already accused me of questioning the Traveler's claims because he is not Igbo!
and you are bringing a new dimension to it.

Well, as far as I am concerning, there is no emotion or sentiment here.
It has nothing to do with party, tribe or religion.

A nation made of more than 160 Million people have been sold a dummy and it is a pity we bought it without scrutiny.
Have you sat back and ask yourself why the bulk of those people defending the said traveller without are from a certain camp? For example If you are an avid observer of certain monikers and who they support,even on this your thread you'll notice my point.My point is,these guys can defend anything as far as it related to APC in one way or another...Same way they defended Buhari and his team when he banned AIT from covering his activities.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 03, 2015
Djicemob:
Have you sat back and ask yourself why the bulk of those people defending the said traveller without are from a certain camp? For example If you are an avid observer of certain monikers and who they support,even on this your thread you'll notice my point.My point is,these guys can defend anything as far as it related to APC in one way or another...Same way they defended Buhari and his team when he banned AIT from covering his activities.

If it is so, then the darkness is darker than we think!
Honestly, the response I have gotten so far over this issue is very discouraging.
It is obvious we are not ready for any change.
Re: Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 03, 2015
otr1:

He must have made a mistake about the time, if he actually walked the whole distance.

I dont think he made any mistake.
He knew exactly what he did, he knew Nigerians are dummies who will believe whatever he claims.

But the guy is not even my problem.
My problem is that in a country of 160 Million in this information age, somebody can easily get away with such a fraud.

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Must Obey Traffic Rules, Buhari Orders Security Aides / BREAKING News:buhari Appoints Attahiru Jega As Chairman Of Efcc_sahara Reporters / View Full List Of Buhari's Appointment So Far- All From North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.