Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,545 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:41 PM

Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts (14143 Views)

Mass Exodus Hits USA As Trump Coasts To Victory? (pic) / French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by TheOtherview: 6:39pm On May 03, 2015
GenBuhari:
[size=18pt]

Italy other European countries are deliberately sinking African migrant boats and drowning Africans.
Of course they always ensure that they rescue a few in front of their news cameras, whilst hundreds are allowed to drown.

These African migrant boats always manage to easily survive thousands of miles of rough sea only to repeatedly mysteriously sink in the last half a kilometre of calm coastal waters of Italy.

This point was made by president of the Gambia in his address to the last UN General Assembly.
Yet nothing has been done to stop the genocide.[/size]

You have been listening to that buffoon from the Gambia (H.E. SHEIKH PROFESSOR ALHAJI DR. YAHYA A.J.J. JAMMEH, PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF THE GAMBIA AND COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE GAMBIA ARMED FORCES)? Why am I not in the least surprise? grin

Image Source: http://www.statehouse.gm/president.html

Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 03, 2015
You would do well to listen to what this great patriotic and competent African leader has to say instead of swallowing the white man's propaganda about him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unIVqatOMOg
TheOtherview:

You have been listening to that buffoon from the Gambia (H.E. SHEIKH PROFESSOR ALHAJI DR. YAHYA A.J.J. JAMMEH, PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF THE GAMBIA AND COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE GAMBIA ARMED FORCES)? Why am I not in the least surprise? grin

Image Source: http://www.statehouse.gm/president.html
Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by TheOtherview: 7:15pm On May 03, 2015
GenBuhari:
You would do well to listen to what this great patriotic and competent African leader has to say instead of swallowing the white man's propaganda about him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unIVqatOMOg

^^^Me listen to what that corrupt megalomaniac has to say?
You must think we have been suckling from the same b***** grin

I choose my heroes wisely Comrade. Unlike you, I cannot afford the luxury of tying my mast to the reactionary wing of Pan-Africanism.
That you bask in the adulation of some imbeeecile who seized power in a coup some twenty-odd years ago, who just happened to have developed an primordial ideology which situates Whitey as the beginning and end of all of Africa's woes; does not mean those of with discerning minds must run with the same puerile logic.

But eh, don't let me stop you from peddling one conspiracy a day. I know that it must provide some therapy for the mind - yours.
Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by Horus(m): 7:15pm On May 03, 2015
[size=19pt]The darker your skin , the further down you go: The hierarchical system aboard Italy's migrant boats that governs who lives and who dies[/size]

Survivors have told of African migrants being forced below deck and threatened or killed if they try to escape

30 April 2015

The ruthless human traffickers charging desperate migrants up to £1,300 each to cross the Mediterranean are separating passengers according to race and locking Africans below deck, it has emerged.

More than 1,700 people have died making the perilous voyage in the past week alone and those who survive have told of unimaginable horrors on ships, including starvation, beatings and murders.

Teenagers arriving in the Italian port of Lampedusa told workers from Save the Children how migrants from sub-Saharan African countries were often kept below the deck, deprived of water and sunlight.

A teenage boy from Somalia said he wanted to be called Ali, after his friend who was pushed into the sea alongside other passengers.

“The Libyans who got me to Italy are not human,” he said. “They speak with the gun not with words…they pushed eight Nigerians into the sea.

“And they pushed my friend into the sea. They all drowned.”

Ali survived the trip alongside 400 others, telling how he was crammed below the deck with no windows.

“They didn't give us water otherwise we would have to go to the toilet,” he said.

“There is no toilet on the boat. If you were sick or went up a level to get air the traffickers would shoot you.”

Ali, 16, saw his Somalian friends and several Nigerians be murdered by Syrian traffickers

Ibrahim, a 17-year-old boy from Somalia, was also forced below the deck.

“My boat had about 150 people on it,” he said. “The Somalis were put on the bottom level and other nationalities could go on the top level.” He had paid £1,300 for the journey.

Yusuf, a 17-year-old Palestinian boy who reached Italy in February after fleeing Gaza, said he was put on an upper level with other people from the Middle East.

“There were about 250 people in the boat, it had two levels and some Africans were put below,” he added.

“The traffickers had guns and if you talked they said they would throw you overboard or shoot you. They always threatened us with their guns.”

Ibrahim, 17, said he and other Somalis were kept on the bottom level of a boat

A spokesperson for Save the Children said that many migrants helped by their workers had told similar stories of different races being split up, with the lighter-skinned appearing to receive marginally better treatment.

“What we hear from numerous migrants arriving in Italy is that migrants from African countries are often treated worse than Middle Eastern or Asian passengers,” she said.

“They are often forced to stay in the hold, where they are at greater risk of drowning if the boat capsizes and can become ill from breathing in the petrol fumes.

“Partly this is because African migrants - from countries like Eritrea and Somalia often - are not able to pay as much as others, and partly we think simply because of racism on the part of the people smugglers.”

Yusuf, 17, said African migrants were forced below deck while he and friends from Gaza were on an upper level

In July last year, around 100 migrants were massacred by traffickers after they tried to escape a locked hold as fumes spread from the boat’s engine.

As the poisonous gas spread below deck, panic started and the passengers managed to force open the door, only to be met by traffickers armed with knives who started massacring them and throwing them into the sea.

Five men stabbed and assaulted passengers at random and threw them overboard, telling others not to react or they would suffer the same fate, police said.

Approximately 60 of the migrants were attacked and their bodies dumped, while around 50 are thought to have been thrown directly into the sea to drown.

Eighteen migrants were found dead in a tangled mass of bodies in the hull after succumbing to the fumes.

Survivors who were taken off the ship by Italian and Maltese authorities were described as dominantly Syrian and reports at the time said the dead migrants were “African”.

The five men arrested for their murders were from Saudi Arabia, Syria, the Occupied Palestinian Territories and Morocco.

Many of the estimated 900 migrants who drowned after a ship sailing from Libya capsized on Sunday had also been locked below the deck, according to a survivor.

More than 36,000 have made the journey in the first four months of this year, with 1,700 deaths

The 32-year-old Bangladeshi man said he only lived because he was on an upper level of the vessel.

“I and the others managed to survive because we were outside, but many of the others remained prisoners in the hold of the boat because the traffickers had locked them in and they finished at the bottom of the sea,” he said.

Authorities, who have charged the Tunisian captain with reckless mass homicide, have not said how those migrants were divided up but they believe that the rush to escape after the boat collided with a container ship contributed to it capsizing.

The disaster came amid calls for action over rising numbers of deaths during voyages to Italy that have killed an estimated 1,700 people in the last week alone.

The crisis has sparked an emergency summit by European Union leaders to crack down on human trafficking and aid Italy’s rescue missions.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/the-paler-your-skin--the-higher-up-you-go-the-hierarchical-system-aboard-italys-migrant-boats-that-governs-who-lives-and-who-dies-10193130.html
Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by delishpot: 6:34am On May 04, 2015
thoth:

stop spewing gibberish all over, i dare you to condemn them , just a line is all it takes, slowpoke thought he knows enough about African leaders to cuss them out. Aren't you ashamed of the rotten defamation you posted on Idi Amin ? at your age ?

I DARE YOU TO CONDEMN THE ATROCITIES!!

You and your likes have be enslaved and dehumanized psychologically that you lack even the basic power the declare yourself human. Filthy Pig.

Like I said, if idi Amin was your Idol, then there is no hope for you in life. Africa will never benefit from you, you are worse than Ebola with such a mind set. If you see Idi Amin as your idol, you are a beast. You will not mind if Africa rots and Africans live like animals because its leaders are busy looting, supporting xenophobia , using religion to destroy lives, robbing Africa blind and causing its Black race to be seen as a pest by the world because our leaders are demonic like you.
The white man is only capitalizing on the greed of Africans. Yes. We are so greedy that we will even offer our mother's and children's lives for wealth. We are so money and power drunk we will kill our neighbours kids for wealth. We are so blood tgirsty that they can cause Africa to burn by just passing on gossips from one tribe to the other and just like you, the typical Animal, Africans like you will draw sword and kill every percieved enemy in sight no thinking, no question asked. The white man is just using our mentality to rob us. Same way they use religious fanaticism to destroy people too. When they see what you can kill for, they use it to start a war. Maybe if idiots like you dont exist, Africans would have come together to find a solution to closing the hole in her walls.
Why dont you foolish sir, also condemn your thieving leaders? Shame on you.
So, whats my age? Is there an age to" know it all" fool? Anyhiw as it stands, I know at this age more than you ever will even if you live to be a thousand. Any fool who worships idi amin knows nothing beyound what he hears through gossip. You fool, are a selective learner. That is the learning style of an ignorant perSon. You foolish sir have condemned yourself to death by information starvation embarassed You havent lived at all.
You foolish foolish child. Are you ughandan? Did you ever live in Ughanda? Do you know the pain they felt? You are worse than a demon. You are a war and hate monger. You are a disgrace to Nigeria and Africa as a whole. May God continue to keep you in irrelevant possition in life where you will not use your demonic. And ignorant mind to harm anyone. You will remain a servant to take orders from wise men like me. And the moment this your rabid dog mentality pops up, you are thrown in jail.
grin grin grin grin. Enemy of progress. Enemy of Africa's prpgress. Its your type the so called white man uses to distabilize Africa. I wont condemn anyone cos you said to do so grin. Clean pig grin grin
Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by gatiano(m): 2:06pm On May 04, 2015
Idi Amin was a Blackman who loved his fellow Black people as himself, so was Gaddafi and so is Mugabi. Tanzania has just abolished the use of english from their system, it is now called vanicular(correct my spelling if you must) language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYGLFVlT7hA&index=37&list=WL

As for the europeans and the other light skinned people killing Black people, They can't kill enough, they don't possess enough because the black people will continue to cross that sea at the expense of their lives.
The soil and the resources stolen from their lands that was used to better the lives of the thieves (europeans, minus the far eastern europeans), That soil or those resources is calling them, and they would answer. When they now get to these european countries, They understand that those lands are actually ours too. These scares the hell out of white people.

As for the arabs (syrians, yemens, libyans etc) that also love maltreating and killing the Blacks, Well the same thing is hitting at them, the more they pray for peace, the more calamities befalls them, it is actually walking(the calamity) steadily and robustfully into the whiteman's pride now. They don't have the slightest idea what the surprise the earth has for them. For those who don't know, The earth too is a living organism who recognise his/her builders.

4 Likes

Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by thoth: 2:58pm On May 04, 2015
@delishpot

All the nonsense you've just wrote still fail to prove that you are not a whitewashed African slave. Until you can prove that you have the guts to act as a Freeborn You will remain a slave, a father to slaves and a curse among any group of Africans that ever tries to accept you amongst them.
Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by thoth: 3:02pm On May 04, 2015
@gatiano
+1 for Tanzanians. It gives great hope that their are some elements in Africa that are still awake and ready to face this Psychological, Economic, Spiritual, Physical and Cultural onslaught on our Identity and Cultural values.

2 Likes

Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by gatiano(m): 5:01pm On May 04, 2015
True, For the Black people of this planet to grow, we have to completely flush out the caucasian/arab/chinese/indian jargons out of our system. I mean completely.

If Buhari wants to make electricity readily available for all in that continent, He can do without wasting money. He should just gather few of the best minds in the country from all of the universities in the country. All he need to do is say "give me the Blackman's light with all the resources on the nigerian ground/land".
5 years at the maximum, it will be done.
We were never to take nothing from any race, as we have given them life, so are we suppose to provide for them, It is impossible the other way round. The only thing we can get or learn from them is "evil deeds" which is why they were made in the first place.

thoth:
@gatiano
+1 for Tanzanians. It gives great hope that their are some elements in Africa that are still awake and ready to face this Psychological, Economic, Spiritual, Physical and Cultural onslaught on our Identity and Cultural values.

3 Likes

Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by delishpot: 5:17pm On May 04, 2015
thoth:
@delishpot

All the nonsense you've just wrote still fail to prove that you are not a whitewashed African slave. Until you can prove that you have the guts to act as a Freeborn You will remain a slave, a father to slaves and a curse among any group of Africans that ever tries to accept you amongst them.

I hear you. You win grin grin
Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by igbo2011(m): 6:03pm On May 04, 2015
cooljude:
I disagree with your allegation op. European can do more to save lives but saying that they are sinking boats probably by shooting at them is not completely true. Firstly, those smugglers overload the boats with people without the right safety equipment and precaution. Secondly, they try to navigate at Night without correct equipment knowing fully well that the sea gets rougher at Night. Most smugglers don't really care about their passengers. Except you have a clear factual evidence.

How are Europeans ssving Africa?
Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by gatiano(m): 6:17pm On May 04, 2015
Easy question

By stealing our land resources and lands after colonization and afterwards giving us visas to come and help them use those resources stolen from us for their benefit at cheap labour. a little improvement from slavery. And then lending us our own money and getting profit in interests out of my mother's sweat of working the streets of lagos from 5 am till 9 pm.

what a helping hand.
igbo2011:

How are Europeans ssving Africa?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by thoth: 9:34pm On May 04, 2015
Do you know that most Hydrocarbons based power plants in the world use Natural Gas ? Do you know how many cubic meters of Natural Gas Nigeria flares in many of it's drilling wells a day ? Buhari can do it in 5 years as you said IF HE WANTS TO and IF the wicked Exxon and Shell will let him be. so as you said ---- "
gatiano:
True, For the Black people of this planet to grow, we have to completely flush out the caucasian/arab/chinese/indian jargons out of our system. I mean completely.

Period!

Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 9:44pm On May 06, 2015
Very true

1 Like

Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by gatiano(m): 12:44pm On May 08, 2015
Yes, I have been learning about the waste of gas resources being flared regularly. The Black man is waiting for the masters to come and help build them as usual. which would only happen when caucasian countries have ran out of their own gas.

For example, cannabis is now legal in the states, it is simply just to keep a few white people employed since white people are now loosing their jobs and livelihood on regular basis, when it gets worsened, cocaine too will be legal. any wonder why they are disturbing the asian countries to relax on their drug charges penalty, so that they can market drugs there freely which they will monopolize. Then it will be difficult for a Nigerian to transport a single gram of igbo from shomolu to bariga.

Back to the topic, What I am saying is We can do it, We can start a new world that will have peace in all its corners, First, We Black people must learn to tell the other races to go f uuux themselves, getting their ideas completely out of our physical and mental lives.

thoth:
Do you know that most Hydrocarbons based power plants in the world use Natural Gas ? Do you know how many cubic meters of Natural Gas Nigeria flares in many of it's drilling wells a day ? Buhari can do it in 5 years as you said IF HE WANTS TO and IF the wicked Exxon and Shell will let him be. so as you said ---- "

Period!
Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 09, 2015
We black people of the world need to bypass our governments and start the revolution ourselves. Since we do not pick our leaders without the white man sabotaging and corrupting them.

Simple thing everybody can do today is to:

1) give up using any food of any type imported from the white man imperialist countries.

2) stop purchasing any cigarettes, or alcohol imported from or produced by white man's companies

3) Giving up all non essential products and / or source locally produced alternatives.

4) Stop watching or reading any news media whose content is produced by white man imperialist countries etc, and the all the news media that simply reproduce their content including most of the news media of unenlightened African countries like Nigeria.

5) Start businesses to produce our own versions of everything or anything that we seem to get from the white man.

This is for a start.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by thoth: 8:12am On May 10, 2015
I am with you on this, that people should rise up and take charge of their country, But you know there is no revolution without a leader, and when there is one if those spontaneous uprisings that due to massive oppression people challenges authority after the whole ordeal dies down the people must choose a leader, and observing what criteria our present comrades use in choosing their leaders it's quite easy to be influenced or have the same people back in power again with a different face.

Revolution is not the answer cus it relies on people who are not so reliable, what Africa needs BEFORE a revolution is an ideology that will lead us through, instilled on the masses, and new government built on it, it will clearly show when the new leaders are deviating from the consensus and when they are working within it,it will carry the people along with the leader and provide limits on which if crossed a leader can be deposed with without fear of external subversion. Such Ideology will be the guidelines for building the new African man.
What Africa needs AFTER a revolution are institutions build on the same ideology which fed the revolution, it is those institution that will be the watchdog of the leaders and the masses, The uniting glue of the country and an agent which strengthens the people's trust on their government.
nothing can unite Africa in our present state ,only a political ideology will.
GenBuhari:
We black people of the world need to bypass our governments and start the revolution ourselves. Since we do not pick our leaders without the white man sabotaging and corrupting them.

Simple thing everybody can do today is to:

1) give up using any food of any type imported from the white man imperialist countries.

2) stop purchasing any cigarettes, or alcohol imported from or produced by white man's companies

3) Giving up all non essential products and / or source locally produced alternatives.

4) Stop watching or reading any news media whose content is produced by white man imperialist countries etc, and the all the news media that simply reproduce their content including most of the news media of unenlightened African countries like Nigeria.

5) Start businesses to produce our own versions of everything or anything that we seem to get from the white man.

This is for a start.
Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by TheDauraMallam: 9:44am On Jun 05, 2015
gatiano:
Idi Amin was a Blackman who loved his fellow Black people as himself, so was Gaddafi and so is Mugabi. Tanzania has just abolished the use of english from their system, it is now called vanicular(correct my spelling if you must) language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYGLFVlT7hA&index=37&list=WL

As for the europeans and the other light skinned people killing Black people, They can't kill enough, they don't possess enough because the black people will continue to cross that sea at the expense of their lives.
The soil and the resources stolen from their lands that was used to better the lives of the thieves (europeans, minus the far eastern europeans), That soil or those resources is calling them, and they would answer. When they now get to these european countries, They understand that those lands are actually ours too. These scares the hell out of white people.

As for the arabs (syrians, yemens, libyans etc) that also love maltreating and killing the Blacks, Well the same thing is hitting at them, the more they pray for peace, the more calamities befalls them, it is actually walking(the calamity) steadily and robustfully into the whiteman's pride now. They don't have the slightest idea what the surprise the earth has for them. For those who don't know, The earth too is a living organism who recognise his/her builders.

You need to get educated, _fucktard. In this age of Information, ignorance is a choice. I have every single book and documentary I am recommending. Just ask and I'll send you download links.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3134580/
Sons of Africa (2014)
[img]http://pxhst.co/avaxhome/92/a2/0029a292.jpeg[/img]
57 min | Documentary, Adventure, Biography
Uganda's Idi Amin and Tanzania's Julius Nyerere were bitter enemies who went to war in 1978. Today, the dictator Amin is reviled as the 'Butcher of Uganda', while the socialist Nyerere is revered as the 'Founding Father of Tanzania.' Nyerere's army forced Amin and his family into exile in 1979, ending Idi Amin's blood soaked regime. In SONS OF AFRICA, the two leaders' sons attempt to climb Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest mountain, on a journey of peace and reconciliation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyaTWKv44Hs

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3324803-historical-dictionary-of-civil-wars-in-africa
Historical Dictionary of Civil Wars in Africa (Historical Dictionaries of War, Revolution, and Civil Unrest) by Arnold Guy, Guy Arnold
[img]http://pxhst.co/avaxhome/0f/05/000b050f.jpeg[/img]
Ever since the end of World War II, and even more so since 1960, when seventeen African colonies became independent of colonial rule, the African continent has been ravaged by a series of wars. These wars have ranged from liberation struggles against former colonial powers to power struggles between different factions in the aftermath of independence. They have ranged from border wars between newly independent states to civil wars between ethnic groups. As with many conflicts, outside forces were drawn into these wars, and major powers outside the continent intervened on one side or the other for a variety of reasons: political ideology, Cold War considerations, ethnic alignments, and stemming the flow of violence.

Whether referring to Algeria's struggle for independence from French colonial rule, Nigeria's internal struggles to achieve a balanced state after the British departure, the Rwandan genocide of 1994, or the current ethnic cleansing in Darfur, the second edition of the Historical Dictionary of Civil Wars in Africa covers all of the wars that have occurred in Africa since independence. This is done through a chronology broken down by country, a list of acronyms and abbreviations, an introductory essay, a bibliography, and cross-referenced dictionary entries covering the wars, conflicts, major political and military figures, child soldiers, mercenaries, and blood diamonds

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20726932-where-the-air-is-sweet
Where the Air Is Sweet by Tasneem Jamal
[img]http://pxhst.co/avaxhome/dd/37/003037dd.jpeg[/img]
An epic family saga that charts three generations of an Indian family in Uganda

In 1972, dictator Idi Amin expelled 80,000 South Asians from Uganda. Though many had lived in East Africa for generations, they were forced to flee in ninety days as their country descended into a surreal vortex of chaos and murder.

Spanning the years between 1921 and 1975, Where the Air Is Sweet tells the story of Raju, a young Indian man drawn to Africa by the human impulse to seek a better life, and three generations of his family, who carve a life for themselves in a racially stratified colonial and post-colonial society. Where the Air Is Sweet is the story of a family: their loves, their griefs and, finally, their sudden expulsion at the hands of one of the world's most terrifying tyrants.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/550133.Unspeakable_Truths
Unspeakable Truths: Confronting State Terror and Atrocity by by Priscilla B. Hayner
[img]http://pxhst.co/avaxhome/9d/e6/0031e69d.jpeg[/img]
This book is a profound exploration of truth commissions around the world, and the anguish, injustice, and the legacy of hate they are meant to absolve. Hayner examines twenty major truth commissions established around the world paying special attention to South Africa, El Salvador, Argentina, Chile, and Guatemala.
Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by gatiano(m): 9:29pm On Jun 05, 2015
You need the knowledge of yourself - skunk- If that is you are a Moor or Black person. After you get the knowledge of self, Get the knowledge of your Creator (incase you don't believe that, which is ok, get the knowledge of your forefathers), after which, get and learn the knowledge of your enemies. You may read book that programmes you to hate your very gut and youself entirely, however, while reading it, know that it was written by your grave enemy to kill you soul and spirit. skunky chicken.
Stop being needy, they are too greedy, they can't spare a grain of anything for you needed skunky behind.
TheDauraMallam:

You need to get educated, _fucktard. In this age of Information, ignorance is a choice. I have every single book and documentary I am recommending. Just ask and I'll send you download links.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3134580/
Sons of Africa (2014)
[img]http://pxhst.co/avaxhome/92/a2/0029a292.jpeg[/img]
57 min | Documentary, Adventure, Biography
Uganda's Idi Amin and Tanzania's Julius Nyerere were bitter enemies who went to war in 1978. Today, the dictator Amin is reviled as the 'Butcher of Uganda', while the socialist Nyerere is revered as the 'Founding Father of Tanzania.' Nyerere's army forced Amin and his family into exile in 1979, ending Idi Amin's blood soaked regime. In SONS OF AFRICA, the two leaders' sons attempt to climb Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest mountain, on a journey of peace and reconciliation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyaTWKv44Hs

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3324803-historical-dictionary-of-civil-wars-in-africa
Historical Dictionary of Civil Wars in Africa (Historical Dictionaries of War, Revolution, and Civil Unrest) by Arnold Guy, Guy Arnold
[img]http://pxhst.co/avaxhome/0f/05/000b050f.jpeg[/img]
Ever since the end of World War II, and even more so since 1960, when seventeen African colonies became independent of colonial rule, the African continent has been ravaged by a series of wars. These wars have ranged from liberation struggles against former colonial powers to power struggles between different factions in the aftermath of independence. They have ranged from border wars between newly independent states to civil wars between ethnic groups. As with many conflicts, outside forces were drawn into these wars, and major powers outside the continent intervened on one side or the other for a variety of reasons: political ideology, Cold War considerations, ethnic alignments, and stemming the flow of violence.

Whether referring to Algeria's struggle for independence from French colonial rule, Nigeria's internal struggles to achieve a balanced state after the British departure, the Rwandan genocide of 1994, or the current ethnic cleansing in Darfur, the second edition of the Historical Dictionary of Civil Wars in Africa covers all of the wars that have occurred in Africa since independence. This is done through a chronology broken down by country, a list of acronyms and abbreviations, an introductory essay, a bibliography, and cross-referenced dictionary entries covering the wars, conflicts, major political and military figures, child soldiers, mercenaries, and blood diamonds

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20726932-where-the-air-is-sweet
Where the Air Is Sweet by Tasneem Jamal
[img]http://pxhst.co/avaxhome/dd/37/003037dd.jpeg[/img]
An epic family saga that charts three generations of an Indian family in Uganda

In 1972, dictator Idi Amin expelled 80,000 South Asians from Uganda. Though many had lived in East Africa for generations, they were forced to flee in ninety days as their country descended into a surreal vortex of chaos and murder.

Spanning the years between 1921 and 1975, Where the Air Is Sweet tells the story of Raju, a young Indian man drawn to Africa by the human impulse to seek a better life, and three generations of his family, who carve a life for themselves in a racially stratified colonial and post-colonial society. Where the Air Is Sweet is the story of a family: their loves, their griefs and, finally, their sudden expulsion at the hands of one of the world's most terrifying tyrants.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/550133.Unspeakable_Truths
Unspeakable Truths: Confronting State Terror and Atrocity by by Priscilla B. Hayner
[img]http://pxhst.co/avaxhome/9d/e6/0031e69d.jpeg[/img]
This book is a profound exploration of truth commissions around the world, and the anguish, injustice, and the legacy of hate they are meant to absolve. Hayner examines twenty major truth commissions established around the world paying special attention to South Africa, El Salvador, Argentina, Chile, and Guatemala.
Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by TheDauraMallam: 10:41am On Jun 15, 2015
gatiano:
You need the knowledge of yourself - skunk- If that is you are a Moor or Black person. After you get the knowledge of self, Get the knowledge of your Creator (incase you don't believe that, which is ok, get the knowledge of your forefathers), after which, get and learn the knowledge of your enemies. You may read book that programmes you to hate your very gut and youself entirely, however, while reading it, know that it was written by your grave enemy to kill you soul and spirit. skunky chicken.
Stop being needy, they are too greedy, they can't spare a grain of anything for you needed skunky behind.

There is no iota of education in the diatribe you just wrote. Nothing just vengeful hate. Typical black man.
Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by gatiano(m): 1:06pm On Jun 15, 2015
Hate is a very strong word and a strong negative emotion. I don't hate anything or nobody, I just try as much as possible to understand them, and I will say the truth as I see them with my own eyes, not how some scholars defines it. However, I listen alot to My Elders, and My Elders I know.
TheDauraMallam:

There is no iota of education in the diatribe you just wrote. Nothing just vengeful hate. Typical black man.
Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2015
Horus:
[size=19pt]The darker your skin , the further down you go: The hierarchical system aboard Italy's migrant boats that governs who lives and who dies[/size]

Survivors have told of African migrants being forced below deck and threatened or killed if they try to escape

Are you going to blame that on Europeans or you religious overlords?
Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 15, 2015
thoth:

Period!
Oh, yeah! Only in Nigeria gas is flared. Please, you need to get educated properly because you can reason with your brain.
Re: Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts by mojeer678: 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2015
Mamatee07:
Always making accusations without facts undecided Where is your evidence?

Absence of evidence doesn't mean evidence of absence. Gerrit?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trump Supporter Finds Her Cat ‘Miss Sassy’ At Her Home After Accusing Haitians / US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza / Ukraine Crisis Accelerating Rise Of Central Bank Digital Currencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.