Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Blatant Contradictions In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Blatant Contradictions In The Bible (2857 Views)

Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction / "Contradictions" In The Bible / Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 02, 2015
God good to all, or just a few?
PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

War or Peace?
EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

Who is the father of Joseph?
MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

Who was at the Empty Tomb? Is it:
MAT 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

MAR 16:1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.

JOH 20:1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

Is Jesus equal to or lesser than?
JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.

JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Which first--beasts or man?
GEN 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

GEN 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

GEN 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

GEN 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

The number of beasts in the ark
GEN 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

GEN 7:8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth, GEN 7:9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

How many stalls and horsemen?
KI1 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.

CH2 9:25 And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.

Is it folly to be wise or not?
PRO 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

ECC 1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

1 Cor.1:19: "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and wil bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

The sins of the father
ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

Fowl from waters or ground?
GEN 1:20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

GEN 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

GEN 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Earth supported?
JOB 26:7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

JOB 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
Heaven supported too
JOB 26:11 The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof.

The hydrological cycle
ECC 1:7 All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

JOB 38:22 Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail,
Storehouses are not part of the cycle

Moses' personality
Num.12:3: "Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the fact of the earth."

Num.31:14, 17, 18: "And Moses was wroth...And Moses said unto them, "Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman, ... But all the women children ... keep alive for yourselves."

Righteous live?
Ps.92:12: "The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree."

Isa.57:1: "The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart."

Acts 1:18: "Now this man (Judas) purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out."

Matt. 27:5-7: "And he (Judas) cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. And the chief priests...bought with them the potter's field."

Jesus' first sermon plain or mount?

Matt.5:1,2: "And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying...."

Luke6:17,20: "And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people...came to hear him.. And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples and said..."

Jesus' last words

Matt.27:46,50: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."

Luke23:46: "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

John19:30: "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

Years of famine

II SAMUEL 24:13: So God came to David, and told him, and said unto him, shall SEVEN YEARS OF FAMINE come unto thee in thy land? or will thou flee three months before thine enemies, while they pursue. thee?

I CHRONICLES 21:11: SO God came to David, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Choose thee. Either THREE YEARS OF FAMINE or three months to be destryed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee;

Moved David to anger?
II SAMUEL 24: And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Isreal and Judah.

I CHRONICLES 21: And SATAN stood up against Isreal, and provoked David to number Israel.

The GENEALOGY OF JESUS?
In two places in the New Testament the genealogy of Jesus son of Mary (PBUH) is mentioned. Matthew 1:6-16 and Luke 3:23-31. Each gives the ancestors of Joseph the CLAIMED husband of Mary and Step father of Jesus(PBUH). The first one starts from Abraham(verse 2) all the way down to Jesus. The second one from Jesus all the way back to Adam. The only common name to these two lists between David and Jesus is JOSEPH, How can this be true? and also How can Jesus have a genealogy when all Muslims and most Christians believe that Jesus had/has no father.

God be seen?
Exod. 24:9,10; Amos 9:1; Gen. 26:2; and John 14:9
God CAN be seen:

"And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my backparts." (Ex. 33:23)

"And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend." (Ex. 33:11)

"For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." (Gen. 32:30)
God CANNOT be seen:

"No man hath seen God at any time." (John 1:18)

"And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for there shall no man see me and live." (Ex. 33:20)

"Whom no man hath seen nor can see." (1 Tim. 6:16)

CRUEL, UNMERCIFUL, DESTRUCTIVE, and FEROCIOUS or KIND, MERCIFUL, and GOOD:
"I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy." (Jer. 13:14) "Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not, but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling."

"The Lord is very pitiful and of tender mercy." (James 5:11)

"For his mercy endureth forever." (1 Chron. 16:34)

"The Lord is good to all, and his tender mercies are over all his works." (Ps. 145:9)

"God is love." (1 John 4:16)

Tempts?
"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham." (Gen 22:1)

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God; for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." (James 1:13)

Judas died how?
"And he cast down the pieces of silver into the temple and departed, and went out and hanged himself." (Matt. 27:5)

"And falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all of his bowels gushed out." (Acts 1:18)

Ascend to heaven
"And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven." (2 Kings 2:11)

"No man hath ascended up to heaven but he that came down from heaven, ... the Son of Man." (John 3:13)

What was Jesus' prediction regarding Peter's denial?
Before the cock crow - Matthew 26:34

Before the cock crow twice - Mark 14:30

How many times did the cock crow?
MAR 14:72 And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

MAT 26:74 Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.

MAT 26:75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

LUK 22:60 And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew.

LUK 22:61 And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

JOH 13:38 Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, still thou hast denied me thrice.

JOH 18:27 Peter then denied again: and immediately the cock crew.

Who killed Saul

SA1 31:4 Then said Saul unto his armourbearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and thrust me through, and abuse me. But his armourbearer would not; for he was sore afraid. Therefore Saul took a sword, and fell upon it.

SA1 31:5 And when his armourbearer saw that Saul was dead, he fell likewise upon his sword, and died with him.

SA1 31:6 So Saul died, and his three sons, and his armourbearer, and all his men, that same day together.

SA2 1:15 And David called one of the young men, and said, Go near, and fall upon him. And he smote him that he died.

Someone is definitely lying somewhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by achinaboy(m): 2:51pm On May 02, 2015
and you expect me to read this,i have kids to look after

1 Like

Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 02, 2015
achinaboy:
and you expect me to read this,i have kids to look after

Did I specifically mention your name here? FOH! Please, don't read.

1 Like

Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by achinaboy(m): 3:03pm On May 02, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Did I specifically mention your name here? FOH! Please, don't read.
make it short and post the other next time,if you wan people to read,no be fight,and above all religion no be must,is either you are in or you are out,after the death of Christ,thomas say him no go biliv anybody until him put him fingers for Christ wounds,does that made him a bad person,no,na him choice be that,,one man from my village,,with all his uni ,masters phd,,in 2000 and something,he decided,,it's time to make a change,and he joined the idle worshippers no offence
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 02, 2015
achinaboy:
make it short and post the other next time,if you wan people to read,no be fight,and above all religion no be must,is either you are in or you are out,after the death of Christ,thomas say him no go biliv anybody until him put him fingers for Christ wounds,does that made him a bad person,no,na him choice be that,,one man from my village,,with all his uni ,masters phd,,in 2000 and something,he decided,,it's time to make a change,and he joined the idle worshippers no offence

Those who are interested in the topic will see past the length and read it, I shortened it as much as I could, if you're not interested, fine.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Davidson267(m): 3:14pm On May 02, 2015
Am nt confused bt am afraid
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Anas09: 3:25pm On May 02, 2015
Hmmmmm, now see how the jews and christians are killing those who don't believe in their God every where they are. A job well done. You just indicted urself. About judgement on the last day, the Bible says, those who have and knows the law but in sinned in it, (the Bible) shall be judged by it, those who don't have or know it, shall perish without it. You should shot urself in the leg. U better repent or u will be judged using this word u know. U just jumped around contradicting ur veryself. Smh.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by truthman2012(m): 3:32pm On May 02, 2015
We are used to this type of trash!

David said something and Jeremiah said something different. Are they God?

Most of what you call contradictions are so to you because you lack good knowledge of the bible.

Even the quran you claim allahh is the only speak is full of CONTRADICTIONS. Did your god make mistakes? Smh!
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 02, 2015
truthman2012:
We are used to this type of trash!

David said something and Jeremiah said something different. Are they God?

Most of what you call contradictions are so to you because you lack good knowledge of the bible.

Even the quran you claim allahh is the only speak is full of CONTRADICTIONS. Did your god make mistakes? Smh!

So who is lying amongst them?
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by truthman2012(m): 3:36pm On May 02, 2015
EzioAuditore:

So who is lying amongst them?

Who is lying in the quranic contradictions, muhammad or allahh?
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 02, 2015
Anas09:
Hmmmmm, now see how the jews and christians are killing those who don't believe in their God every where they are. A job well done. You just indicted urself. About judgement on the last day, the Bible says, those who have and knows the law but in sinned in it, (the Bible) shall be judged by it, those who don't have or know it, shall perish without it. You should shot urself in the leg. U better repent or u will be judged using this word u know. U just jumped around contradicting ur veryself. Smh.

Lmao! Are you alright at all? How did I indict myself?
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 02, 2015
truthman2012:

Who is lying in the quranic contradictions, muhammad or allahh?

We are not talking about the Quran here, we are talking about the bible, I asked you first, defend yourself. Who is lying amongst them?
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by truthman2012(m): 3:44pm On May 02, 2015
EzioAuditore:

We are not talking about the Quran here, we are talking about the bible, I asked you first, defend yourself. Who is lying amongst them?

No one is lying, you quoted them out of context because you lack knowledge.

Since you have agreed to quran being full of allahh's contradictions, which is not expected of the true God, remove the log in your religion before challenging the speck in another's.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 02, 2015
truthman2012:

No one is lying, you quoted them out of context because you lack knowledge.

Since you have agreed to quran being full of allahh's contradictions, which is not expected of the true God, remove the log in your religion before challenging the speck in another's.

Lmao! Two people narrating the same event differently but no one is lying amongst them? That sounds like a blatant lie to me, but since I quoted them out of context, quote them in context.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by truthman2012(m): 3:51pm On May 02, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Lmao! Two people narrating the same event differently but no one is lying amongst them? That sounds like a blatant lie to me, but since I quoted them out of context, quote them in context.

Who has the time to do that, which you will not accept at the end of the day.

Again, REMOVE the LOG in your religion FIRST before noticing the SPECK in another person's religion.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 02, 2015
truthman2012:

Who has the time to do that, which you will not accept at the end of the day.

Again, REMOVE the LOG in your religion FIRST before noticing the SPECK in another person's religion.

Have you removed the "LOG" in yours? You can't bloody defend it can you? What does it matter to you if I accept it or not, but at least you have cleared the doubts of other readers, you're embarrassing yourself and your religion! Who was lying amongst them?
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by truthman2012(m): 4:01pm On May 02, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Have you removed the "LOG" in yours? You can't bloody defend it can you? What does it matter to you if I accept it or not, but at least you have cleared the doubts of other readers, you're embarrassing yourself and your religion! Who was lying amongst them?

You raised this issue first and I'm telling you to clear yours first before you can have the moral justification to talk of another person's.

I thought you would say there are no contradictions in the quran. The fact that you have accepted quranic contradictions shows allahh is a liar for saying there is none.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 02, 2015
truthman2012:

You raised this issue first and I'm telling you to clear yours first before you can have the moral justification to talk of another person's.

I thought you would say there are no contradictions in the quran. The fact that you have accepted quranic contradictions shows allahh is a liar for saying there is none.

Lmao! You can't can you?
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by truthman2012(m): 4:15pm On May 02, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Lmao! You can't can you?

Before I will defend, you have to prove to me you can defend yours too.

Your case is like a pot calling the kettle black.

Since the words of allahh, a god, are full of errors, which ordinary humans could detect, it indicates islam is a FRUAD. Therefore you are not in the position to challenge the bible. Full stop.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by malvisguy212: 4:17pm On May 02, 2015
Answer to bible contradiction
http://www.comereason.org/bible-contradictions.asp
And to know the quran is not the word of God but satan, read here http://www.bibleprobe.com/corruptedquran.htm
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 02, 2015
truthman2012:

Before I will defend, you have to prove to me you can defend yours too.

Your case is like a pot calling the kettle black.

Since the words of allahh, a god, are full of errors, which ordinary humans could detect, it indicates islam is a FRUAD. Therefore you are not in the position to challenge the bible. Full stop.

Again running from the question, something that should be easy for you but apparently you can't so you're making excuses. As usual, you're trying to change the subject and ignore my questions. Truthman, answer my question, which one of them was lying? Clear proof of the bibles corruption.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 02, 2015
malvisguy212:
Answer to bible contradiction
http://www.comereason.org/bible-contradictions.asp
And to know the quran is not the word of God but satan, read here http://www.bibleprobe.com/corruptedquran.htm

Lmao! Nothing in that website refutes or explains anything here! Is that the best you could come up with, a website? Lmao! I really have you Pillocks by the balls don't i?

And the second website, filled with rubbish like the so called satanic verses. Also other useless materials with no sources and an author writing like a headless chicken! Lmao! Ahhh! Christians, friggin jokers!
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by malvisguy212: 4:28pm On May 02, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Lmao! Nothing in that website refutes or explains anything here! Is that the best you could come up with, a website? Lmao! I really have you Pillocks by the balls don't i?
bible contradiction is not a new topic here, the answer are there in the link. Quran is the only religious book that abrogate it teaching and the former revelation are still in the quran, how will you know the genuine revelation?
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by truthman2012(m): 4:38pm On May 02, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Again running from the question, something that should be easy for you but apparently you can't so you're making excuses. As usual, you're trying to change the subject and ignore my questions. Truthman, answer my question, which one of them was lying? Clear proof of the bibles corruption.

Which one existed in the time of Muhammad, Torah and Injeel or the Bible? Answer this and let me start with you.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 02, 2015
malvisguy212:
bible contradiction is not a new topic here, the answer are there in the link. Quran is the only religious book that abrogate it teaching and the former revelation are still in the quran, how will you know the genuine revelation?

Your knowledge and misperceptions of how the Quran is interpreted never ceases to amaze. But we're not talking about the Quran here, we're talking about the bible. I searched your website, no substantial refutation whatsoever in there. You have failed!
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 02, 2015
truthman2012:

Which one existed in the time of Muhammad, Torah and Injeel or the Bible? Answer this and let me start with you.

We're talking about the bible you guys follow aren't we. Stop bringing muslims or Muhammad into this. Why can't you defend your religion? Can't it' stand on its own? Did I quote any Islamic text or script here? You said I quoted out of context, quote them in context.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by malvisguy212: 4:56pm On May 02, 2015
1. How can the Bible say God made the world (Acts 17:24) and loves the world (John 3:16) on the one hand, and then turn around and tell us not to love the world (1 John 2:15) on the other? Is this a contradiction in the Bible? Answer: No, but it does need some explanation. The Bible uses the word "world" in three different ways. First, it can mean the material universe or earth which God created. This is how the word is used in Act 17:24. Second, it can mean the world of mankind, as in John 3:16. God loves all people. Third, it can mean the affairs and things of ungodly men. This is how the word is used in 1 John 2:15-16, and this is the primary meaning of the word "world" throughout the New Testament. 2. In the first day of creation, God divided the light from the dark (Genesis 1:4), but the sun was not created until the fourth day (Genesis 1:16)! How do you explain this? Answer: This does not imply that light and darkness are two distinct substances, seeing darkness is only the privation of light; but the words simply refer us by anticipation to the rotation of the earth round its own axis once in twenty-three hours, fifty-six minutes, and four seconds, which is the cause of the distinction between day and night, by bringing the different parts of the surface of the earth successively into and from under the solar rays; and it was probably at this moment that God gave this rotation to the earth, to produce this merciful provision of day and night. For the manner in which light is supposed to be produced, see Genesis 1:16, under the word sun. 3. Is God both good and evil? Isaiah 45:7. Answer: Notice it does not say that God is evil but that He creates evil. What this is saying is that God has allowed evil to co-exist in this sphere in order to test man as well as to perfect him. It is in the midst of such opposition, unpleasant though it often is, that man grows spiritually the most. Therefore, as God gave Satan permission to afflict Job, so He permits the same with us, unless our affliction is of our own making or the collective fault of unredeemed society. God creates evil, yes, but not the evil of sin, he creates the evil of punishment. He is the Author of all that is true, holy, and good, but evil, error, and misery came into the world by his permission, through the willful disobedience of man, but are restrained and overruled to his righteous purpose. Evil is the instrument which he employs in his government, and is permitted by him in order to execute his wise and just decrees. 4. The Gospel records Jesus' prayer in Gethsemane (John 17:1-26; Luke 22:39-46), but the writers were asleep when Jesus prayed. How do you explain this? Answer: Some believe it was revealed to the apostle John by revelation after the event. This is a possible explanation but unlikely. We know the disciples were asleep whilst Jesus prayed but what we don't know is how much of the prayer they heard, or didn't hear. Let us remember these facts: (1) Jesus was only a "stone's throw away" from the disciples; (2) The silence of the night was around them; and (3) it is more than likely that Jesus prayed aloud because people did everything aloud in those days. Therefore, the disciples heard the opening words of the prayer before they went to sleep. Sit down and read Jesus' Prayer aloud for yourself and time how long it takes you (John 17:1-26; Luke 22:39-46). I would estimate that this is a three minute prayer. I very much doubt that the disciples fell asleep instantly and that Jesus returned to them three minutes later. What is more probable is that this prayer was the introduction to a much longer prayer. The Comforter brought the part which they had heard back to remembrance after He had ascended, this being a promise made to them (John 14:26 ). Thus the part of the prayer we have recorded is that which the disciples could remember. It must be the part they heard whilst they were fully awake. No doubt providence intended that we hear no more, and no doubt the same providence had intended that they fall asleep too. 5. Jesus said, "If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true" (John 5:31) and then claims, "I am one that bear witness of myself" (John 8:18) . Aren't these contradictory comments? Answer: Jesus did not claim Himself as a witness. Jesus said His own witness agreed with the witness of the Father (John 8:18) , satisfying the Law's requirement of two witnesses (John 8:17). 6. After Moses and Aaron turned all the waters that were in the Nile river into blood (Exodus 7:20), the magicians did the same (verse 22). But if all the water in Egypt was turned into blood by Moses, where did the magicians get the water which they changed into blood? Answer: This question is answered in Exodus 7:24. The Egyptians digged round about the river for water to drink, and it seems that the water obtained by this means was not bloody like that in the river. On this water therefore the magicians might operate. Again, though a general commission was given to Moses, not only to turn the waters of the river (Nile) into blood, but also those of their streams, rivers, ponds, and pools (Exodus 7:19); yet it seems pretty clear from Exodus 7:20 that he did not proceed thus far, at least in the first instance; for it is there stated that only the waters of the river were turned into blood. Afterwards the plague doubtless became general. At the commencement therefore of this plague, the magicians might obtain other water to imitate the miracle; and it would not be difficult for them, by juggling tricks or the assistance of a familiar spirit, to give it a bloody appearance, a fetid smell, and a bad taste. On either of these grounds there is no contradiction in the Mosaic account, though some have been very studious to find one. 7. If God is full of love, why did he destroy nations? Answer: He destroyed them out of love for the people. Just like the world interceded and destroyed Nazi Germany to protect the people of the world from violence, God did likewise. God destroyed the land in the time of Noah because of the violence it was filled with (Genesis 6:13). God destroyed Sodom and Gomorra because of the violence that it was filled with (Genesis 13:13), and the fact that there was not one righteous man living there (Genesis 18:16-25). He threatened to destroy Nineveh because of the violence in their land (Jonah 3:cool, but Nineveh changed their ways and was spared (verse 10). God destroyed Jerusalem because the city was full of violence (Ezekiel 7:23-25). God could not find one righteous man in Israel, so he had to destroy it to save the people from their misery (Ezekiel 22:29-31). If God would have found even one man that sought God's Truth, God would have pardoned it (Jeremiah 5:1). 8. For a chapter and a half, David has been Saul's personal musician, and in 1 Samuel 17:55-58, Saul wants to know who David is? The Scripture is not reliable! Answer: Saul never asked, "Who is this man", he didn't want to know who David was! He asked, three times, the same basic question. He wanted to know whose son he was (verses 55,56,58). He wanted to know who David's father was! 9. Did David buy it for fifty shekels of silver, or six hundred shekels of gold? 2 Samuel 24:24, 1 Chronicles 21:25. Answer: In Samuel, David purchased the threshing floor and the oxen, and there built an altar to the Lord. In Chronicles, David bought the whole place. Being much larger than the threshing, he paid more. Solomon's temple could not have been built on a threshing floor (2 Chronicles 3:1). The fifty shekels of silver was the earnest payment, and the six hundred shekels of gold the total price. 10. Why does Matthew attribute a quote about the potter's field to Jeremiah, when Jeremiah has no such passage, and the closest one in the Old Testament is Zechariah (Matthew 27:9-10; Zechariah 11:12)? Answer: Matthew 27:9 says this prophesy was "spoken by Jeremy (Jeremiah)." Some prophecies were spoken and not written. Some others were not spoken but only written, while some others were both spoken and written. When we read a quotation that says "as it is written", we will find it 100% in the Scripture, since it is guaranteed that it is written. However, when what is quoted is said that it was simply spoken, then we may find it written but we may also not find it written. The Word does not guarantee that it was written. What it guarantees is that it was spoken. This prophecy was only spoken by the prophets and it was latter written down by Matthew. There are sixteen quotations in the Scripture for which we are told that they were spoken. These are Matthew 1:22, 2:15, 17, 23, 3:13, 4:14, 8:17, 12:17, 13:35, 21:4, 22:31, 24:15, 27:9, 27:35, Mark 13:14, and Acts 2:16. To see whether they were both spoken and written, or whether they were only spoken, we have to search the Scripture to see if we can find them. A search like this shows that most of the prophecies that were spoken were also written, but not all of them (Matthew 2:23 and 27:10 for instance). To be continue...
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by malvisguy212: 4:58pm On May 02, 2015
11. Matthew 2:23 is a cause of trouble since the spoken prophecy that the Messiah would be called a Nazarene can nowhere be found written in the Old Testament. Answer: Again, this is a prophesy that was spoken, so it is not necessarily written (see above answer). However, you may also consider this: First, you must understand that a "Nazarene" is not a "Nazarite." There's the Nazerite vow (Numbers 6:13), Samson was a Nazarite (Judges 13:5,24), but a "Nazarene" simply means a citizen of Nazarite. There are passages in the Old Testament which say Jesus would be called a Nazarene, but it's a matter of what is meant by the term "Nazarene." A "Nazarene" came to be a synonym for one who is contemptible or despised (John 1:46). We see similar terms today dealing with racism and nationalism. But notice that the previous two prophesies in Matthew 2; verse 15 says "the prophet, saying..." (singular) then he quotes directly from the scripture; verse 17 says "Jeremiah the prophet, saying..." (singular) then he quotes directly from Jeremiah. But notice how verse 23 is worded, "which was spoken by the prophets,..." (plural) and there's no word "saying" indicating a direct quote, "He shall be called a Nazarene." Notice the difference? It's because Matthew is using a summation statement. He's using something that the people of his time would be familiar with which would state the same thing that the prophets stated in Isaiah 49:7; 53:3, Psalm 22:6, that he would be despised. 12. Then what about 1Corinthians 15:4: "Christ rose again the third day, according to the Scriptures"? Where is it written in the Old Testament that Christ would rise the third day? You may search the Old Testament for prophesies of Jesus' death, burial and resurrection on the third day, but you will never find them! Answer: Hosea 6:2 says, "After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight." This is antitypical language which refers to Messiah, the ideal Israel (Isaiah 49:3; compare Hosea 11:1, Matthew 2:15), who was raised on the third day (John 2:19; 1Corinthians 15:4; compare Isaiah 53:10). Compare the similar use of Israel's political resurrection as the type of the general resurrection of which "Christ is the first-fruits" (Isaiah 26:19; Ezekiel 37:1-14; Daniel 12:2). Additionally, 2 Peter 3:16 says that the "epistles" are scriptures also. So, the "scriptures" in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 could easily refer to the epistles from the new Testament books, many of which were written prior to the writing of 1 Corinthians. 13. Matthew 12:30 says those who are neutral are against Jesus, but Mark 9:40 says those who are neutral are for Jesus. Answer: These two verses address two different situations. In Matthew 12:30, when it comes to the critical point of accepting or rejecting Jesus, not being for Jesus amounts to opposing Him (John 3:18). In Mark 9:40, when it comes to someone attempting to work in Christ's name, but perhaps with less than a full knowledge of him (Acts 18:25), there is no need to believe he is against Christ. 14. The Scripture tells us to seek and understand God (Psalms 53:2, Proverbs 2:5, Daniel 9:13 ), but at the same time says that God cannot be understood (Job 11:7; 37:23, Romans 11:33). Answer: To quote from Job 11:7; 37:23 is misleading. It is like quoting from the Jews who said Jesus was a sinner, and then quote from Jesus who said he was not a sinner, and claim the Scripture contradicts itself. Job 11:7 is a quote from what Zophar said, and Job 37:23 is a quote from what Elihu said. These two people condemned righteous Job falsely. God condemned Zophar and Elihu for what they said! God himself said of these 2 people that they spoke wrong: Job 42:7, "...for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right." Therefore, these 2 verses are not the teachings of God, but of man. As for Romans 11:33, this verse is saying how unattainable it is to have the same wisdom and knowledge that God possesses, not how hard it is to understand God. The point is that man, in a limited, physical body, cannot know the same knowledge that an infinite, spiritual entity possesses. For example, someone can say they "know" someone, like their wife. And they do! They know their thoughts, what they will choose to do, how they react to situations, etc. They know them! But what that husband doesn't know is all the wisdom and knowledge that she herself possesses. Only she knows that. And with God, it is impossible for a pea-brained man to have the same amount of knowledge that an infinite God possesses.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 02, 2015
malvisguy212:
11. Matthew 2:23 is a cause of
trouble since the spoken
prophecy that the Messiah
would be called a Nazarene
can nowhere be found written
in the Old Testament.
Answer: Again, this is a
prophesy that was spoken, so it
is not necessarily written (see
above answer). However, you
may also consider this:
First, you must understand that
a "Nazarene" is not a "Nazarite."
There's the Nazerite vow
(Numbers 6:13), Samson was a
Nazarite (Judges 13:5,24), but a
"Nazarene" simply means a
citizen of Nazarite. There are
passages in the Old Testament
which say Jesus would be called
a Nazarene, but it's a matter of
what is meant by the term
"Nazarene." A "Nazarene" came
to be a synonym for one who is
contemptible or despised (John
1:46). We see similar terms
today dealing with racism and
nationalism. But notice that the
previous two prophesies in
Matthew 2; verse 15 says "the
prophet, saying..." (singular)
then he quotes directly from
the scripture; verse 17 says
"Jeremiah the prophet,
saying..." (singular) then he
quotes directly from Jeremiah.
But notice how verse 23 is
worded, "which was spoken by
the prophets,..." (plural) and
there's no word "saying"
indicating a direct quote, "He
shall be called a Nazarene."
Notice the difference? It's
because Matthew is using a
summation statement. He's
using something that the
people of his time would be
familiar with which would state
the same thing that the
prophets stated in Isaiah 49:7;
53:3, Psalm 22:6, that he would
be despised.
12. Then what about 1Corinthians
15:4: "Christ rose again the
third day, according to the
Scriptures"? Where is it
written in the Old Testament
that Christ would rise the
third day? You may search the
Old Testament for prophesies
of Jesus' death, burial and
resurrection on the third day,
but you will never find them!
Answer: Hosea 6:2 says, "After
two days will he revive us: in
the third day he will raise us
up, and we shall live in his
sight." This is antitypical
language which refers to
Messiah, the ideal Israel (Isaiah
49:3; compare Hosea 11:1,
Matthew 2:15), who was raised
on the third day (John 2:19;
1Corinthians 15:4; compare
Isaiah 53:10). Compare the
similar use of Israel's political
resurrection as the type of the
general resurrection of which
"Christ is the first-fruits" (Isaiah
26:19; Ezekiel 37:1-14; Daniel
12:2).
Additionally, 2 Peter 3:16 says
that the "epistles" are scriptures
also. So, the "scriptures" in 1
Corinthians 15:1-4 could easily
refer to the epistles from the
new Testament books, many of
which were written prior to the
writing of 1 Corinthians.
13. Matthew 12:30 says those who
are neutral are against Jesus,
but Mark 9:40 says those who
are neutral are for Jesus.
Answer: These two verses
address two different situations.
In Matthew 12:30, when it
comes to the critical point of
accepting or rejecting Jesus, not
being for Jesus amounts to
opposing Him (John 3:18). In
Mark 9:40, when it comes to
someone attempting to work in
Christ's name, but perhaps with
less than a full knowledge of
him (Acts 18:25), there is no
need to believe he is against
Christ.
14. The Scripture tells us to seek
and understand God (Psalms
53:2, Proverbs 2:5, Daniel
9:13 ), but at the same time
says that God cannot be
understood (Job 11:7; 37:23,
Romans 11:33).
Answer: To quote from Job
11:7; 37:23 is misleading. It is
like quoting from the Jews who
said Jesus was a sinner, and
then quote from Jesus who said
he was not a sinner, and claim
the Scripture contradicts itself.
Job 11:7 is a quote from what
Zophar said, and Job 37:23 is a
quote from what Elihu said.
These two people condemned
righteous Job falsely. God
condemned Zophar and Elihu
for what they said! God himself
said of these 2 people that they
spoke wrong: Job 42:7, "...for ye
have not spoken of me the
thing that is right." Therefore,
these 2 verses are not the
teachings of God, but of man.
As for Romans 11:33, this verse
is saying how unattainable it is
to have the same wisdom and
knowledge that God possesses,
not how hard it is to understand
God. The point is that man, in a
limited, physical body, cannot
know the same knowledge that
an infinite, spiritual entity
possesses. For example,
someone can say they "know"
someone, like their wife. And
they do! They know their
thoughts, what they will choose
to do, how they react to
situations, etc. They know them!
But what that husband doesn't
know is all the wisdom and
knowledge that she herself
possesses. Only she knows that.
And with God, it is impossible
for a pea-brained man to have
the same amount of knowledge
that an infinite God possesses.

WTF Mahn? What is this? Some of the verses you are accusing me of quoting I have never seen in my life! What you've done here is bring more contradictions in the bible and a funny explanation! You haven't addressed any issues here! Lmao. Squeeze!
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by malvisguy212: 5:01pm On May 02, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Your knowledge and misperceptions of how the Quran is interpreted never ceases to amaze. But we're not talking about the Quran here, we're talking about the bible. I searched your website, no substantial refutation whatsoever in there. You have failed!
continue from were I stop, read here for more
http://ecclesia.org/truth/contradictions.html
Thread debunked
Now are you ready for my question?
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 02, 2015
malvisguy212:
continue from were I stop, read here for more
http://ecclesia.org/truth/contradictions.html
Thread debunked
Now are you ready for my question?

Hmmm. "Rubbish rubbish rubbish gibberish, thread debunked!" Nice try christian. So which of the contradictions did you debunk?

2 Likes

Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by truthman2012(m): 5:48pm On May 02, 2015
EzioAuditore:

We're talking about the bible you guys follow aren't we. Stop bringing muslims or Muhammad into this. Why can't you defend your religion? Can't it' stand on its own? Did I quote any Islamic text or script here? You said I quoted out of context, quote them in context.

Why are you afraid to answer the question? Am I not asking about the bible? I said ''Which one existed in the time of Muhammad, the bible or torah or injeel?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hope, Faith And Love: What Do These Mean To An Atheist? / As An Atheist Do You Go To Church / Four Die In T.B. Joshua’s Church During Stampede For Holy Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.