Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Blatant Contradictions In The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Blatant Contradictions In The Bible (2860 Views)

Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction / "Contradictions" In The Bible / Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 02, 2015
truthman2012:

Why are you afraid to answer the question? Am I not asking about the bible? I said ''Which one existed in the time of Muhammad, the bible or torah or injeel?

Lmao! I'm not going to answer any question of yours until you answer mine. Did I quote Muhammad here? Did Muhammad write the bible? What's your obsession with Muhammad? This is about the facts at hand, which is two verses from the bible are giving different accounts of the same event, that's a head on head collision. Why?
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by MrPresident1: 6:04pm On May 02, 2015
OP, the Bible is written in such a way that only the living will understand it. The dead will never understand it.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 02, 2015
MrPresident1:
OP, the Bible is written in such a way that only the living will understand it. The dead will never understand it.

Lol! That's not an explanation, the same event given two different narrations. And both narrations make it into the bible, who is lying? Don't give me that living or dead rubbish that's BS.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by MrPresident1: 6:10pm On May 02, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Lol! That's not an explanation, the same event given two different narrations. And both narrations make it into the bible, who is lying? Don't give me that living or dead rubbish that's BS.

The 'dead', being unwise, cannot understand the Bible.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 02, 2015
MrPresident1:

The 'dead', being unwise, cannot understand the Bible.

Lol! You just keep telling yourself that mate.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Scholar8200(m): 6:29pm On May 02, 2015
EzioAuditore:

God good to all, or just a few?
PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.
God is eternally, essentially Good. The second reference in its context referred to a nation that had ,"forsaken the Lord ... saying to a stock, thou art my father; and to a stone,thou hast brought me forth" a nation that were "wise to do evil" and every one neighed after his neighbor's wife". A nation that was told by God to," ask for the... good paths ...but they said we will not walk therein".(culled from Jeremiah). Now Judgment was pronounced with the expectation that that will make them repent but they refused! God's goodness is not the same as indulgence while we spurn all warnings in impenitence else the devil should be given an unreserved apology. Nineveh was just as bad, but when they repented, they were spared. Indeed God is good.

War or Peace?
EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.
The Lord fights to deliver His people from their enemies and gives peace to His people. No contradiction there! The Lord delivers His people from guilt and restores peace in their hearts. Perfect redemption that!

Who is the father of Joseph?
MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.
Joseph was the son of Jacob and son-in-law to Heli. It was genealogical practice to include son-in-law in wife's family tree. Israel was an inheritance-conscious nation. see Numbers 36:8
Who was at the Empty Tomb? Is it:
MAT 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

MAR 16:1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.
JOH 20:1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.
The omission of a name does not necessarily mean contradiction. The real contradiction will be if it had said they had to enlist the services of the Roman soldiers to roll away the stone in one book, and said an angel did so in another.

Is Jesus equal to or lesser than?
JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.

JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
Philippians 2:6,7,"Who being in the Form of God...made Himself of no reputation and took upon Him the form of a Servant..." This explains the reason for John 14:28. Jesus is the Son of God and Son of Man.

Which first--beasts or man?
GEN 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

GEN 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

GEN 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

GEN 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
The beasts were created before the man see Genesis 1:26," Let Us make man in our Image, and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle..." The animals were in existence b4 Adam. Gen 2:19 only summarised what was in Chapter 1

The number of beasts in the ark
GEN 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

GEN 7:8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth, GEN 7:9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.
Genesis 7:9 explains the two being referred to viz: There went in two and two..., the male and the female..." while vs 2 referred to 7 pairs of clean, 2 pairs of unclean.

How many stalls and horsemen?
KI1 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.

CH2 9:25 And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.
I am trying to study this but my perception is that the one used the actual no of horses while the other counted in groups. Eg Mr A says I saw 5 bouquets of flowers each containing 4 while B may say I saw 20 bouquets of flowers. The latter statement is trying to say he saw 20 flowers and uses the word bouquet used to refer to a collection of flowers while the former statement clarifies it. Note that the first quote says stall of horses while the other counts stalls for horses

Is it folly to be wise or not?
PRO 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

ECC 1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

1 Cor.1:19: "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and wil bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
A check on the contexts will reveal that the last two verses refer to the knowledge and understanding and wisdom obtained from secular/academic learning, while the first reference refers to the wisdom mentioned in Job 28:28," ...behold the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom" and also to the Wisdom of God as revealed in the the Redemption provided through Christ.

The sins of the father
ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.
Yes but if the son continues in the sin of his father, he will be judged and that is what Babylon, for whom the first reference was written for, was guilty of. Isa 14:4,6,22,"thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon...how has the oppressor ceased! he who ...ruled the nations in anger... for I will rise up against them, and cut off from Babylon" Now Nebuchadnezzar was once the king of Babylon (and Israel his captives) but he repented after a remedial judgement came but his grandson Belshazzar (Daniel 5:1,2,18,21,22) who took over from him went a step further and did what even his granddad never dared and judgement came in proximate fulfilment of Isaiah 14.

Fowl from waters or ground?
GEN 1:20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

GEN 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

GEN 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
Genesis 2:19 summarises the events of chapter 1. By the way, is it not possible that some were from water while others were from the earth? After all, Gen 1:20 talks of fowls that will fly in the firmament alone but we all know that not all fowls fly!

Earth supported?
JOB 26:7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

JOB 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
First quote has been verified by those who visited outer space. The second quote refers to the surface of the earth i.e. terra firma, on where we are. The imagery used by Job is that of building.

Heaven supported too
JOB 26:11 The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof.
Where is the contradictory verse here?

Moses'personality
Num.12:3: "Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the fact of the earth."

Num.31:14, 17, 18: "And Moses was wroth...And Moses said unto them, "Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman, ... But all the women children ... keep alive for yourselves."
Yes a person is meek when what is at stake is his right,privilege etc as shown in Moses attitude to his sister's accusation: no self defense or assertion of superiority. But this meekness becomes man-pleasing weakness when a commandment given by God is disobeyed and he , being the leader, turns a blind eye. How do you define meekness?

Righteous live?
Ps.92:12: "The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree."

Isa.57:1: "The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart."
Perishes used in the second quote simply refers to death.

Jesus' first sermon plain or mount?

Matt.5:1,2: "And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying...."

Luke6:17,20: "And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people...came to hear him.. And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples and said..."
Luke 6:18,19 shows what happened after they came to the plain. Verse 20 is another paragraph which reports another occurrence.
Jesus' last words

Matt.27:46,50: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."

Luke23:46: "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

John19:30: "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."
Yes , He said all those on the Cross. That is why we have four Gospels. They are complementary. One reports what might have been left out by the other.

Moved David to anger?
II SAMUEL 24: And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Isreal and Judah.
I CHRONICLES 21: And SATAN stood up against Isreal, and provoked David to number Israel.
the first quote shows God's displeasure against Israel due to sin and God allowed the adversary to do certain things as the second quote shows. The hedge was broken and a serpent struck.Ecclesiastes 10:8b

The GENEALOGY OF JESUS?
In two places in the New Testament the genealogy of Jesus son of Mary (PBUH) is mentioned. Matthew 1:6-16 and Luke 3:23-31. Each gives the ancestors of Joseph the CLAIMED husband of Mary and Step father of Jesus(PBUH). The first one starts from Abraham(verse 2) all the way down to Jesus. The second one from Jesus all the way back to Adam. The only common name to these two lists between David and Jesus is JOSEPH, How can this be true? and also How can Jesus have a genealogy when all Muslims and most Christians believe that Jesus had/has no father.
This is a repetition.It has been answered on another thread and in a previous question above.

God be seen?
Exod. 24:9,10; Amos 9:1; Gen. 26:2; and John 14:9
God CAN be seen:

"And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my backparts." (Ex. 33:23)

"And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend." (Ex. 33:11)

"For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." (Gen. 32:30)
God CANNOT be seen:

"No man hath seen God at any time." (John 1:18)

"And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for there shall no man see me and live." (Ex. 33:20)

"Whom no man hath seen nor can see." (1 Tim. 6:16)
As far back as Numbers 11:8," With him will I speak mouth to mouth...and the Similitude of the Lord shall he behold..." Besides,your last quote already clarifies John 1:18
CRUEL, UNMERCIFUL, DESTRUCTIVE, and FEROCIOUS or KIND, MERCIFUL, and GOOD:
"I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy." (Jer. 13:14) "Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not, but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling."

"The Lord is very pitiful and of tender mercy." (James 5:11)

"For his mercy endureth forever." (1 Chron. 16:34)

"The Lord is good to all, and his tender mercies are over all his works." (Ps. 145:9)

"God is love." (1 John 4:16)
This is a repetition. it has been answered in one of the preceding questions.
Tempts?
"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham." (Gen 22:1)

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God; for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." (James 1:13)
Hebrews 11:17, clarifies what the context of the first quote reveals to any unbiased mind,"By faith, Abraham, when he was TRIED..."

Judas died how?
"And he cast down the pieces of silver into the temple and departed, and went out and hanged himself." (Matt. 27:5)

"And falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all of his bowels gushed out." (Acts 1:18)
The last verse describes what must have happened when he was to be buried. Judas , no doubt would have remained on that tree for quite a time. The sabbath was near and the passover was just rounding up and at such time no jew will touch a dead body.

Ascend to heaven
"And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven." (2 Kings 2:11)

"No man hath ascended up to heaven but he that came down from heaven, ... the Son of Man." (John 3:13)
Kindly check the religious section for this topic: Confusion: was Jesus the First Person to Enter Heaven after His Resurrection?
What was Jesus' prediction regarding Peter's denial?
Before the cock crow - Matthew 26:34

Before the cock crow twice - Mark 14:30

How many times did the cock crow?
MAR 14:72 And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

MAT 26:74 Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.

MAT 26:75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

LUK 22:60 And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew.

LUK 22:61 And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

JOH 13:38 Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, still thou hast denied me thrice.

JOH 18:27 Peter then denied again: and immediately the cock crew.
The first reference clarifies everything, the cock was to crow once in the meanwhile Peter would deny Christ.
Who killed Saul

SA1 31:4 Then said Saul unto his armourbearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and thrust me through, and abuse me. But his armourbearer would not; for he was sore afraid. Therefore Saul took a sword, and fell upon it.

SA1 31:5 And when his armourbearer saw that Saul was dead, he fell likewise upon his sword, and died with him.

SA1 31:6 So Saul died, and his three sons, and his armourbearer, and all his men, that same day together.

SA2 1:15 And David called one of the young men, and said, Go near, and fall upon him. And he smote him that he died.
Saul killed himself but the 'him' in the last quote referred to an Amalekite who claimed to have killed Saul perhaps to gain favour see 2 Samuel 4:10 ," when one told me saying, Behold, Saul is dead thinking to have brought good tidings...thought that i would have given him a reward for his tidings.

1 Like

Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 02, 2015
Scholar8200:
God is eternally, essentially Good. The second reference in its context referred to a nation that had ,"forsaken the Lord ... saying to a stock, thou art my father; and to a stone,thou hast brought me forth" a nation that were "wise to do evil" and every one neighed after his neighbor's wife". A nation that was told by God to," ask for the... good paths ...but they said we will not walk therein".(culled from Jeremiah). Now Judgment was pronounced with the expectation that that will make them repent but they refused! God's goodness is not the same as indulgence while we spurn all warnings in impenitence else the devil should be given an unreserved apology. Nineveh was just as bad, but when they repented, they were spared. Indeed God is good.
The Lord fights to deliver His people from their enemies and gives peace to His people. No contradiction there! The Lord delivers His people from guilt and restores peace in their hearts. Perfect redemption that!
Joseph was the son of Jacob and son-in-law to Heli. It was genealogical practice to include son-in-law in wife's family tree. Israel was an inheritance-conscious nation. see Numbers 36:8
The omission of a name does not necessarily mean contradiction. The real contradiction will be if it had said they had to enlist the services of the Roman soldiers to roll away the stone in one book, and said an angel did so in another.

Philippians 2:6,7,"Who being in the Form of God...made Himself of no reputation and took upon Him the form of a Servant..." This explains the reason for John 14:28. Jesus is the Son of God and Son of Man.
The beasts were created before the man see Genesis 1:26," Let Us make man in our Image, and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle..." The animals were in existence b4 Adam. Gen 2:19 only summarised what was in Chapter 1
Genesis 7:9 explains the two being referred to viz: There went in two and two..., the male and the female..." while vs 2 referred to 7 pairs of clean, 2 pairs of unclean.
I am trying to study this but my perception is that the one used the actual no of horses while the other counted in groups. Eg Mr A says I saw 5 bouquets of flowers each containing 4 while B may say I saw 20 bouquets of flowers. The latter statement is trying to say he saw 20 flowers and uses the word bouquet used to refer to a collection of flowers while the former statement clarifies it. Note that the first quote says stall of horses while the other counts stalls for horses
A check on the contexts will reveal that the last two verses refer to the knowledge and understanding and wisdom obtained from secular/academic learning, while the first reference refers to the wisdom mentioned in Job 28:28," ...behold the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom" and also to the Wisdom of God as revealed in the the Redemption provided through Christ.
Yes but if the son continues in the sin of his father, he will be judged and that is what Babylon, for whom the first reference was written for, was guilty of. Isa 14:4,6,22,"thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon...how has the oppressor ceased! he who ...ruled the nations in anger... for I will rise up against them, and cut off from Babylon" Now Nebuchadnezzar was once the king of Babylon (and Israel his captives) but he repented after a remedial judgement came but his grandson Belshazzar (Daniel 5:1,2,18,21,22) who took over from him went a step further and did what even his granddad never dared and judgement came in proximate fulfilment of Isaiah 14.
Genesis 2:19 summarises the events of chapter 1. By the way, is it not possible that some were from water while others were from the earth? After all, Gen 1:20 talks of fowls that will fly in the firmament alone but we all know that not all fowls fly!
First quote has been verified by those who visited outer space. The second quote refers to the surface of the earth i.e. terra firma, on where we are. The imagery used by Job is that of building.
Where is the contradictory verse here?
Yes a person is meek when what is at stake is his right,privilege etc as shown in Moses attitude to his sister's accusation: no self defense or assertion of superiority. But this meekness becomes man-pleasing weakness when a commandment given by God is disobeyed and he , being the leader, turns a blind eye. How do you define meekness?
Perishes used in the second quote simply refers to death.
Luke 6:18,19 shows what happened after they came to the plain. Verse 20 is another paragraph which reports another occurrence.
Yes , He said all those on the Cross. That is why we have four Gospels. They are complementary. One reports what might have been left out by the other.
the first quote shows God's displeasure against Israel due to sin and God allowed the adversary to do certain things as the second quote shows. The hedge was broken and a serpent struck.Ecclesiastes 10:8b
This is a repetition.It has been answered on another thread and in a previous question above.
As far back as Numbers 11:8," With him will I speak mouth to mouth...and the Similitude of the Lord shall he behold..." Besides,your last quote already clarifies John 1:18
This is a repetition. it has been answered in one of the preceding questions.
Hebrews 11:17, clarifies what the context of the first quote reveals to any unbiased mind,"By faith, Abraham, when he was TRIED..."
The last verse describes what must have happened when he was to be buried. Judas , no doubt would have remained on that tree for quite a time. The sabbath was near and the passover was just rounding up and at such time no jew will touch a dead body.
Kindly check the religious section for this topic: Confusion: was Jesus the First Person to Enter Heaven after His Resurrection?
The first reference clarifies everything, the cock was to crow once in the meanwhile Peter would deny Christ.
Saul killed himself but the 'him' in the last quote referred to an Amalekite who claimed to have killed Saul perhaps to gain favour see 2 Samuel 4:10 ," when one told me saying, Behold, Saul is dead thinking to have brought good tidings...thought that i would have given him a reward for his tidings.

Scholar8200, you are the first christian to produce an understandable explanation for some of these contradictions, I agree there might be MIS interpretations on my part, but in most cases, what you've done is pick one verse without any giving any reason why you're rejecting the other. Typical selective morality, you pick out the one that suits you and fits into your theory but reject others. But I must say you've cleared doubts about one or two of these contradictions, while others you just danced around or washed.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Scholar8200(m): 7:01pm On May 02, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Scholar8200, you are the first christian to produce an understandable explanation for some of these contradictions, I agree there might be MIS interpretations on my part, but in most cases, what you've done is pick one verse without any giving any reason why you're rejecting the other. Typical selective morality, you pick out the one that suits you and fits into your theory but reject others. But I must say you've cleared doubts about one or two of these contradictions, while others you just danced around or washed.
Do point out the culprits; I will be glad to make myself clear.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 02, 2015
Scholar8200:
Do point out the culprits; I will be glad to make myself clear.

your claims about who was created first, beast or man.You just quoted other verses that said beast was created before man, what about the verses that say man was created before beast as in Gen 2:19? Your explanation on that was not an explanation at all. You still haven't explained why I'm verse verse jesus says God is greater than him and in another claims They are one. Your explanation about how many pairs of animals went into the ark is well...bs! One talks about clean beasts in sevens, then the other says both clean and unclean were in twos?? The part about the sins of the father, well you were just babbling there. And the part about Jesus' last words, how many last words can a person have? One persons says this is his last words and another says it's another? Who is lying there? The part about David's anger well you are twisting that. One Verse clearly states God moved him against the Israelites and the other states the Israelites were the ones who incited his anger? I would also like to know about the genealogy of Jesus which you claim to have been refuted.The part about whether man can see God or not, come'on mate, that's just gibberish, I don't think anything can save you from that. Some parts you claim to have been refuted somewhere else. This were the ones I had time to dig out. Goodluck
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by sonmvayina(m): 7:37pm On May 02, 2015
it is so pathetic when i see people trying to make sense out of non sense.....
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by khaylee(m): 9:18pm On May 02, 2015
@EzioAuditore,
Do you know why more Muslims are being Converted every day? It's becos a Christians approaches a non-christian with the Good News of Christ and what he/she tends to benefit from being saved through that Good News.

On the other hand, a Muslim will try to convince a non Muslim either by force or by trying to list out so called contradictions in d Bible rather than state what is to be gained by following Allah.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Scholar8200(m): 10:21pm On May 02, 2015
EzioAuditore:

your claims about who was created first, beast or man.You just quoted other verses that said beast was created before man, what about the verses that say man was created before beast as in Gen 2:19? Your explanation on that was not an explanation at all
The reference I made to God's declaration that the man to be created will have dominion over the fish of the sea, fowl of the air etc Shows that those animals were already created b4 the making of man. Like I said Genesis 2:19 is a summary of chapter 1.
You still haven't explained why I'm verse verse jesus says God is greater than him and in another claims They are one.
The verse I quoted showed clearly that though He was One with the Father, yet He made Himself in the likeness of man and became a Servant meaning the reference that the Father was greater than Himself was said after the same pattern of humbling Himself and becoming obedient unto death. Another example is John 1:1,3 shows that all things were made by Him but 5:19 shows that He came to earth stripped of the glory of Deity
Your explanation about how many pairs of animals went into the ark is well...bs! One talks about clean beasts in sevens, then the other says both clean and unclean were in twos??
Genesis 7:9 clearly shows that the twos being referred to in verse 9 is that of the animals being male and female. I believe reading the text should clear all doubts.
The part about the sins of the father, well you were just babbling there.
Fine. The facts are verifiable though. Further clarifications can be gleaned from Ezekiel 18
And the part about Jesus' last words, how many last words can a person have? One persons says this is his last words and another says it's another? Who is lying there?
No one is lying. Like I said that is why we have four gospels. Each was written to a different audience and they complement each other. Now John wrote that Jesus while on the cross committed the care of His mother to a disciple. That no other gospel says this does not mean it did not happen. That John's gospel was silent about the transfiguration does not mean it never took place! And the omission of the sermon on the mount by John and Mark does not mean others were lying!
The part about David's anger well you are twisting that. One Verse clearly states God moved him against the Israelites and the other states the Israelites were the ones who incited his anger?
The other did not state that the Israelites incited David but satan did hence my quote on breaking a hedge.
I would also like to know about the genealogy of Jesus which you claim to have been refuted.
I gave a reply to a similar question you posted. You repeated that.
The part about whether man can see God or not, come'on mate, that's just gibberish, I don't think anything can save you from that.
No problem but realise that the place I quoted which explains your question was spoken by God Himself
Some parts you claim to have been refuted somewhere else.
Yes like the issue of going to Heaven. All those whose life pleased God from Adam up till the thief on the cross, went to Paradise, also called the Third Heaven in 2 Corinth 12:2,4. Between paradise and hell is a great gulf Luke 16:22,23,26 The Heaven Jesus referred to is the one in Matthew 5:34 where God's Throne and the River of Life is John 1:18.
This were the ones I had time to dig out. Goodluck
Alright.

1 Like

Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by mustymatic(m): 10:27pm On May 02, 2015
truthman2012:

You raised this issue first and I'm telling you to clear yours first before you can have the moral justification to talk of another person's.

I thought you would say there are no contradictions in the quran. The fact that you have accepted quranic contradictions shows allahh is a liar for saying there is none.
Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 69:ŮŽ

A party of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) wish to lead you astray. But they shall not lead astray anyone except themselves, and they perceive not.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 02, 2015
khaylee:
@EzioAuditore,
Do you know why more Muslims are being Converted every day? It's becos a Christians approaches a non-christian with the Good News of Christ and what he/she tends to benefit from being saved through that Good News.

On the other hand, a Muslim will try to convince a non Muslim either by force or by trying to list out so called contradictions in d Bible rather than state what is to be gained by following Allah.

And even more christians are converting everyday. Other christians are becoming atheists so do you want to crunch the maths? Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. Choke on that.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by sonmvayina(m): 12:21pm On May 03, 2015
i want to attempt an explanantion from the little i know...the bible has been called a library, and rightly so, it is..it is a collection of books on diferent topics..theology, peotry, prose,legends, myths....fictions, non fictions..etc...

these things where written and where inspired by different things or God, i sinceely doubt that the god who inspired the genesis account is the same one that inspired the books of jeremaih. they where written for different audiences and different times in history.

the original language they where written was not english, and i bet you the original will have the proper names of these gods..it was the romans and greeks who came accross it first and saw the need to publish it, and when the church started growing and was now the dominant religion decided to choose the ones that will be used by them.

after a series of ''all in favour say yeh'' they put together a canon, and before they could be publish decided to harmonise it, all the names representing a deity was called ''GOD''..and to differenciate it from another one, they used words such as ''most high. lord god, the lord..these are all clearly different dieties...

so the contracdiction is as a result of several factors as stated above..

it is of no use trying to reconcile them..as they where written from different perspective, and different times, and sometimes the stories might have change as they pass it on by oral tradition. and sometimes in other to fill in the gap they invent stories..
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by sonmvayina(m): 12:31pm On May 03, 2015
again too, there was no printing press in those days...so if u wanted a copy of any book, you have to copy it by hand one letter, one word, one sentence at a time, or pay somebody to copy for you. and if you come accross a word you do not know some times they fill it with their own word, e ,g the missleading text in the book of issiah, about a virgin being with child...and people centuries later says it refers to mary..

so a lot of mistakes where made while copying, and if somebody was also trying to copy fom a copy with mistake will also make his own mistake...so you see, how contracditios can arise..

to solve the matter, the vatican should bring the original copies...for scolars to verify..that will mean opening their secret achieves, i dont think that is every going to happen.
Re: Blatant Contradictions In The Bible by johnw74: 2:09am On May 11, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Someone is definitely lying somewhere.

I am sure that none of the Bible writers are lying,
perhaps possibly mistaken at times? I don't know about that,
maybe what looks like contradictions can be explained,
even I can explain some.
God is perfect, but man isn't.

Some say that God creating light in Gen 1:3 and God creating lights in verse 14 is a contradiction. But it isn't.

God bought about light itself in verse 3, whereas in verse 14 God created lights, being the Sun and other lumanaries (planets that reflect the Sun's light).
God caused there to be light in verse 3, and in verse 14 God created the sun etc.
The light of verse 3 is perhaps the light of God's own Glory (let there be light).

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light. And there was light.

Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to divide between the day and the night. And let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years.
Gen 1:15 And let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth. And it was so.
Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day and the smaller light to rule the night, and the stars also.
Gen 1:17 And God set them in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth,
Gen 1:18 and to rule over the day and over the night; and to divide between the light and the darkness. And God saw that it was good.

In the end, it will be in the reverse order, the Sun and moon and stars will be taken away,

Mat 24:29 And immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from the heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.

And again the light will be from the Glory of God.

Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

Rev 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

(1) (2) (Reply)

In A World Of Spirits And No Science. / Why Did God Leave Me With Sexual Desires He Knows I Can't Control. / Who Are Sophia & Caleb?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.