Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,387 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Whats With The H - Factor ? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Whats With The H - Factor ? (11476 Views)

Whats With The Tongue Selfies? / Story Of A Jos Boy In Lagos-Aboky Factor / Ok. Whats With African Women And Tribal Marks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats With The H - Factor ? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 04, 2009
dis is really getting serious, everyday when i walk on the road i hear people saying a lot of scary words, like instead of egg, i hear hegg, or hold man instead of old man. then i also hear eaven instead of heaven or appy instead of happy.

pls i am not trying to discriminate but is they no way we can help the situation,

Comments pls,
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by spikedcylinder: 4:23pm On Feb 04, 2009
I think its because there's no "H" in the Yoruba language so people try to compensate on way or the other. cheesy
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by KarmaMod(f): 4:26pm On Feb 04, 2009
*rolls eyes*

I think it's funny how people constant whine about H0-factor by Yoruba people when other tribes are guilty of worse offences

"Final Yah" instead of Final Yea[b]r[/b] by a certain group n ko? Abeg
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by spikedcylinder: 4:40pm On Feb 04, 2009
This thread is about H factor, not "elu" and "emu" accents.

Its gotta be irritating hearing people putting H where it doesn't belong.
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by Sisikilll: 4:42pm On Feb 04, 2009
Our P is F and F is P

Por instance, ip I wanna say feter fifer fiked a sfeck op fifcle feffer,

I would say feter fifer fiked a sfeck op fifcle feffer.

So you see, no big deal. . . eben though it makes por a good lap. grin
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by bluespice(f): 4:59pm On Feb 04, 2009
lol

i sank za lohd zat i do not hab any ech pactor when i talk
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by dayokanu(m): 5:29pm On Feb 04, 2009
The froblem op the feofle of Northern Nigeria is that they can not fronounce the alpabet "Fee"
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by DaPhoenix(f): 5:33pm On Feb 04, 2009
So any word starting with a vowel gets an h? Hinteresting lol.
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by SisiJinx: 6:25pm On Feb 04, 2009
Oy Veh!
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by Busybody2(f): 6:34pm On Feb 04, 2009
What can fa angry Can't you feeple be serious 4 once angry Must effrythin be jokeful to you angry Someburri helef d foster na, and stop making yokes cool cool
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by Sapphic: 7:36pm On Feb 04, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I think its because there's no "H" in the Yoruba language so people try to compensate on way or the other. cheesy

Says who? We have "H" in our alphabet. It is pronounced "he" undecided

[b]H[/b]everybody should stop making fun of my tribe [b]h[/b]or [b]h[/b]else [b]h[/b]I will [b]h[/b]explode. [b]H[/b]Is [b]h[/b]it [b]h[/b]our fault that we cannot differentiate when to [b]h[/b]add "H" [b]h[/b]or not? [b]H[/b]It was passed down from generation to generation. LMAO. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by DaPhoenix(f): 7:47pm On Feb 04, 2009
Sapphic:

Says who? We have "H" in our alphabet. It is pronounced "he" undecided

[b]H[/b]everybody should stop making fun of my tribe [b]h[/b]or [b]h[/b]else [b]h[/b]I will [b]h[/b]explode. [b]H[/b]Is [b]h[/b]it [b]h[/b]our fault that we cannot differentiate when to [b]h[/b]add "H" [b]h[/b]or not? [b]H[/b]It was passed down from generation to generation. LMAO. cheesy

That [b]h[/b]is [b]h[/b]extra [b]h[/b]ordinary. [b]H[/b]I just learned something today.
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by SisiJinx: 9:01pm On Feb 04, 2009
Hi think hour Hown Fee pactor his par sexier than your hown 'ech pactor.
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by Hauwa1: 9:43pm On Feb 04, 2009
ezkus me ma malami
ma wondo is lonkashe
can hi go and jara it

Malami:

yes you can go an jara it

let's try to understand each other. as long as you got what the person is trying to say, it's all good. if you misheard what he/she said, and replied wrongly am sure you's both smile and make correction. life goes on.
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by SisiJinx: 9:59pm On Feb 04, 2009
*Hauwa*:

ezkus me ma malami
ma wondo is lonkashe
can hi go and jara it

Malami:

let's try to understand each other. as long as you got what the person is trying to say, it's all good. if you misheard what he/she said, and replied wrongly am sure you's both smile and make correction. life goes on.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You remembered!!!
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by ifyalways(f): 10:03pm On Feb 04, 2009
*Hauwa*:

ezkus me ma malami
ma wondo is lonkashe
can hi go and jara it

Malami:

this sums it up. smiley
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by folkzy(f): 10:31am On Feb 05, 2009
As a matter of fact, it has something to do with where your from. For Yoruba people, there is no H in their language, hence why some people find the hard to pronounce the 'H' sound or use the H sound wrongly. I used to be a typical example, i was taught the right way whilst working in a primary school as some children used to correct me which was embarrasing.
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by youngies(m): 11:10am On Feb 05, 2009
Be it Yoruba 'H' factor, Hausa 'F' factor or Igbo 'R' factor, I don't have any problem with it, but I always feel scandalized when I hear it on TV or Radio from News casters. It shouldn't be excused from them.
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by Moyola(f): 11:18am On Feb 05, 2009
Fery vunny!! tongue

Shouldn't bother you that much. . . . as long as they pass the message across. undecided
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by youngies(m): 12:41pm On Feb 05, 2009
It bothers me when I hear it on air, it is happauling you know! grin
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by tangent(f): 1:18pm On Feb 05, 2009
hilarious. grin cheesy
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by spikedcylinder: 2:29pm On Feb 05, 2009
Evil pickins.
grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Whats With The H - Factor ? by bluespice(f): 4:47pm On Feb 05, 2009
*Hauwa*:

ezkus me ma malami
ma wondo is lonkashe
can hi go and jara it

Malami:

bwuahahahahahahahahaha!!! grin

(1) (Reply)

Igbo People Characteristics / Aju Festival Of Ugbo People. (IWA AKWA). / The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.