Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,953 members, 7,838,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari (23396 Views)

Stop Deceiving Nigerians – Adeyemi Attacks Tinubu / The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians / Nigerians Deceiving Nigerians - The Ben Murray-bruce I Know (pics) - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by lekandauda1234: 5:20pm On May 03, 2015
Classicalman:
Illiterate commentators. Have any of you anti Jonathians gone through the report? Of course you are too lazy to read but have the strength to abuse.
Sorry, let me educate you. In the first place when the missing dollar crises blew open, the minister for finance promised us "forensic audit" of NNPC books. What most Nigeria expected is a thorugh look into of the books and its very baffling that a company of PWC status will allow themselves to be used to cover a grevious sleaze. Its God working for Nigeria that made GEJ lost the election, else they have fooled themselves that a forensic audit has been done. I need to ask you, to what accounting purpose would that review which PWC themselves has placed a disclaimer be put? Let us avoid commenting on issue with blind sentiment

2 Likes

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by Eruditor: 5:20pm On May 03, 2015
abu12:

You lied NPDC is the major culprit, NPDC is a subsidiary under NNPC,who failed to remit found 2 NNPC, NPDC is in-charge of subsidy payment and not nnpc. They are the once sanusi accused of not remitting found to cbn.

I agree with you but not really. NNPC tried to bamboozle Nigerians with what became of the 20B SLS complained of so they said 3 major things.

1. That 9.9B or so was used to offset subsidy bills accrued to kerosene.

2. That 5.11B was for NPDC whose assets from shell were sold and the money directed to NNPC (Parent company and not NPDC)

3. That they had various bills to offset like environmental remediation, Petrol Subsidy etc.

They claimed these 3 major things make up the 20B.

SLS refuted all these claims. He argued that Kerosene subsidy was cancelled by Yar Adua in 2009. He disbelieved the NPDC excuse and made the NA ask the then MD of NPDC if the 5.11B came to NPDC. The man denied it. Andrew Yakubu of NNPC could not even rebuff the man's denial. He simply said they would re-investigate it. Shortly after, the MD of NPDC was sacked. Your guess is as good as mine as to why that happened. The new one, Victor Briggs now refused to open their accounts to PwC. Same way Emefiele refused to do so with CBN account.

So PwC rightfully concluded that 1.48B is the minimum amount of money missing and should be refunded and they did so based on the little information they had at their disposal. A new probe will prove SLS right.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by millionaireman: 5:23pm On May 03, 2015
After probing PWC, haters of Jonathan and crew must ask for probe of the probers of PWC. For these tribal/religious bigots, only what Sanusi Lamido Sanusi says is true.

These bigots appeared to be asleep when OBJ doubled as President and Petroleum Minister for years. Who did OBJ render account of oil proceeds to then?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 03, 2015
tbaba1234:

PwC did its job, they are a consulting ffirm. They are not expected to go to the press if they have issues. They put in their report. They stated their limitations in their report.

i. Do you have the terms of the contract??

PwC standard in Nigeria is as good as anywhere in the world. I know them very well.

I am totally disappointed in. You..and your father. Will be embarrassed to. Hear his son who he spent his life savings on to educate, to come out and portray such foolery in public, you are just one of the currupt bunch of Nigerians we have, you'l see black n call it white people like need the rot of Indonesia. It is obvious that the said PWC where compromised by dier employers which is nott supposed to be

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by emmatok(m): 5:26pm On May 03, 2015
Xetima:
How do they select members of the finance committee of the House self? Adeola is clearly an 'illiterate' in this matter.

The government told us it was and audit and PWC didn't deny it.
Now the report finally came out and PWC I saying it wasn't an audit.

2 Likes

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 03, 2015
Wen d probers are done chasing d wind for non existence $20B..... shey dem go focus on national development abi,??
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by emmatok(m): 5:31pm On May 03, 2015
lekandauda1234:
Sorry, let me educate you. In the first place when the missing dollar crises blew open, the minister for finance promised us "forensic audit" of NNPC books. What most Nigeria expected is a thorugh look into of the books and its very baffling that a company of PWC status will allow themselves to be used to cover a grevious sleaze. Its God working for Nigeria that made GEJ lost the election, else they have fooled themselves that a forensic audit has been done. I need to ask you, to what accounting purpose would that review which PWC themselves has placed a disclaimer be put? Let us avoid commenting on issue with blind sentiment

Remember the same GEJ didn't release the full report until after elections.
In fact no body realize that disclaimer from the first report.

2 Likes

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by 989900: 5:33pm On May 03, 2015
Eruditor:

I agree with you but not really. NNPC tried to bamboozle Nigerians with what became of the 20B SLS complained of so they said 3 major things.

1. That 9.9B or so was used to offset subsidy bills accrued to kerosene.

2. That 5.11B was for NPDC whose assets from shell were sold and the money directed to NNPC (Parent company and not NPDC)

3. That they had various bills to offset like environmental remediation, Petrol Subsidy etc.

They claimed these 3 major things make up the 20B.

SLS refuted all these claims. He argued that Kerosene subsidy was cancelled by Yar Adua in 2009. He disbelieved the NPDC excuse and made the NA ask the then MD of NPDC if the 5.11B came to NPDC. The man denied it. Andrew Yakubu of NNPC could not even rebuff the man's denial. He simply said they would re-investigate it. Shortly after, the MD of NPDC was sacked. Your guess is as good as mine as to why that happened. The new one, Victor Briggs now refused to open their accounts to PwC. Same way Emefiele refused to do so with CBN account.

So PwC rightfully concluded that 1.48B is the minimum amount of money missing and should be refunded and they did so based on the little information they had at their disposal. A new probe will prove SLS right.

It's on youtube even. I don't know why anyone who didn't share from the loot will be defending the looters.

2 Likes

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by billyG(m): 5:37pm On May 03, 2015
Reference:

Haha. Whip who into line. An organisation controlling 400,000 barrels of oil a day. Can you whip ya mama who feeds you. Big oil is a curse.

Donot support evil no organisation or person crook or thief shld be bigger than nigeria d place of crooks shld be in jail.somebody must take d bull by d horn.

1 Like

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by seunmsg(m): 5:37pm On May 03, 2015
Eruditor:

Don't bamboozle the audience. To forensically look for the 20B dollars they must of necessity audit NNPCs accounts and dealings. They are connected.

The point of argument is whether or not PWC was guilty of professional misconduct and of deceiving Nigerians. As far as I can see, PWC did nothing wrong. NPDC is a subsidiary of NNPC and from the report, they account for a substantial part of the oil revenue that was unremitted so, their books should also be scrutinised. But when they refused to cooperate, the auditor can only discuss their un cooperation with NNPC (the holding company) and the Auditor General who engaged them and am very sure they must have done that. You don't expect them to call a press conference during the course of the audit to inform Nigerians that NPDC is not co-operating. And the NPDC limitation was clearly stated in the report.

When conducting a special audit investigation into a case of missing money like this, you don't need to audit the whole organisation comprehensively. You only request for documents that are necessary to achieve the terms of reference as stated in the engagement contract. Again, I repeat, auditors only give report of their findings in a special audit investigation based on the terms of engagement. They don't give opinion on the truness and fairness of the account of the organisation. It's only NNPC's statutory auditor that can do that.
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by Senjuchiha: 5:38pm On May 03, 2015
wilybebsy:
Bleep jona

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by Coolcash1: 5:39pm On May 03, 2015
The senator-elect, obviously, is yet to read the report. The statement made by him attest to his ignorance and intellectual laziness which belittle the institution he will be working as from May 29.

I have read the report and PWC did their best but the auditee deliberately kept critical and key information and documents from them. As a result of this, the auditors had to put a disclaimer in their report or better put it, in audit parlance, qualification to prevent issues like this.

What I know is that the audit need to go back and conduct a full investigation on NNPC Group to show Nigerians the consolidated position.

Nairalanders see the summarized version of the report here;

https://www.nairaland.com/2291990/summary-pwc-audit-report-nnpc
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by millionaireman: 5:39pm On May 03, 2015
kolomax:
the Guy Above me need serious prayers

You are the one that needs serious prayer deliverance.

You can't believe what comes from established authorities, including your government because of your ethnic/ religious tilt.

You can only believe a Sanusi whose only higher degree is Quaranic Studies from a Sudanese university. Sanusi who first told you that $50 billion, later, $40 billion and later, $20 billion oil money was not accounted for by Jonathan and crew. Sanusi unusually made those announcements in the open market without first obtaining local or international investigators' seal. Sanusi made the announcement for political gains of power to the north.

He has achieved his aim of power to north, yet his words are like Bible before you, notwithstanding that many investigators have declared Sanusi's allegations lies.
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by Senjuchiha: 5:43pm On May 03, 2015
[quote author=madamoringo post=33379713][/quote]

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by Senjuchiha: 5:44pm On May 03, 2015
oweman:
Honestly i never knew there so many looters agents on nairaland !
So people can so brazenly suport looting of thier nation like this .
One thing sm sure is the people Gen. Is not likely be swayed by all this shameful and idle arguement going on here, wont be surprised if Buhari send those thieving consulting company parking .
WHAT A SHAME !

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by Senjuchiha: 5:45pm On May 03, 2015
knoph2007:

I am sure you lack the knowledge that he is an FCA with proven record in public Account. He know what he is saying. PWC should have pooled out of the assignment rather than do a shady job.

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by Senjuchiha: 5:47pm On May 03, 2015
Eruditor:

Ignorant imp, we have gone through the report. We even created a thread to discuss it but you ignorant Jonathanians avoided that thread like a bad habit. Now you are here to feign you have any superior information. Hack!

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by Senjuchiha: 5:47pm On May 03, 2015
billyG:
All this nonsense whe haters,pigs apologist they yarn here self,all we want is we want our $20billn back.

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by perryy(m): 5:53pm On May 03, 2015
PWC is sooo unreliable. The bank I was working with committed an act of irregularity and I hinted PWC, nothing was done. Irregularity of such magnitude didn't reflect in the report issued by this fraud called PWC. Section 6(1) of BOFIA was breached by a bank, yet PWC didn't see anything to be wrong with that. What a house.
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by Senjuchiha: 5:53pm On May 03, 2015
F.y.i.....sanusi wasnt sacked,his contract wasnt renewed n drs no missin money cuz dt aboki made up dose figures i.e he gave 3 contradictin figures dn,y cnt u put 2 n 2 2geda 2 c dt dt aboki was an attention seeker b4 u blame gej 4 everyfng...gosh,nigerians r 2ruly d most guillible pple on earth.....smh
meanwhile
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by ttmacoy: 6:10pm On May 03, 2015
Did you see the terms of contract signed? If not then stop assuming it was an audit not review.

It was not an audit, they were asked to review and ascertain if indeed money was missing and they released a report saying they could not get access to information they needed but based on assumptions made based on other available data they gave an opinion.

Besides saying be hey should have cried out when they didn't get the information they need is wrong. Their contact is to the Ministry and it would be a breach of they went to the press. I am sure they must have informed oweala or someone that they didn't get access to nnpc data. They cannot go public with it as that is playing politics and not professional. They must be objective and independent

doctokwus:

Yeah.
But the point is that PWC was contracted to carry out an audit as attested to by ngozi okonjo iweala.When it was not getting necessary documents, why didnt it cry out or withdraw?
What we should ask ourselves with all sincerity is this:had PWC been contracted to carry out a similar assignment in America or an European country and 2 very important corporations refused opening its books,would it not have come out to distance itself from continuing d audit,in order to save its name?
But PWC has peculiar standards for operating here,they get contracted for an audit,but ended up doing a review while collecting auditing fees.
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by sammhi(m): 6:15pm On May 03, 2015
[quote author=seunmsg post=33379940]

Kola Aluko and Jide Omokoore are the two biggest beneficiaries of NPDC largesse under Deziani's reign as petrol minister. Both of them are Yoruba's the last time I checked. See bro, this is not about tribal sentiment, it's about a few people who don't care about your tribe robbing all of us of our collective resources. We should be united in fighting them. [/quote

but the rot in NNPC like many other govt institution predates GEJ or diezani....so why all these fuss now? even GMB as petroleum minister had allegation of missing fund 2.8bn N.. hope he will revist that first.
my point is there seem a hidden agenda by the Yorubas for vendetta on GEJ or Diezani.....if really you are straight then probe NNPC from its inception of NNPC or forget it nd do what is right from now on.....
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by sammhi(m): 6:23pm On May 03, 2015
seunmsg:

Kola Aluko and Jide Omokoore are the two biggest beneficiaries of NPDC largesse under Deziani's reign as petrol minister. Both of them are Yoruba's the last time I checked. See bro, this is not about tribal sentiment, it's about a few people who don't care about your tribe robbing all of us of our collective resources. We should be united in fighting them.

but the rot in NNPC like many other govt institutions did not start with GEJ or Diezani. even the GMB as petroleum minister had allegation of missing 2.8bn .so if you are straight then probe the NNPC from inception or forget it then set the rules from now on..except you are on vendetta or somethng......
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by chronique(m): 6:34pm On May 03, 2015
You just spoke my mind here. And He's supposed to be an FCA? Very pathetic I must say. I'm not yet a chartered accountant but I can tell that this so called fellow of the accounting profession,is talking jibberish.
SaiBuharii:
This guy (Yayi)s a disgrace to the Accounting profession.
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by ogunniyi2: 6:36pm On May 03, 2015
ednut1:
Yayi and ur a chartered accountant smh. u no see the disclaimer in the report abi. u shud knw beta nd stop disgracing our noble profession grin
dont be too sentimental
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by ogunniyi2: 6:37pm On May 03, 2015
masonkz:
Firstly, I bet this fool didn't read the full document

Secondly, what exactly does the fool know about Investigative/forensic audit?

A review was done and a disclaimer was appropriately put in place. NPDC and CBN weren't proving to be of help. How exactly can an audit firm remedy that apart from issuing a disclaimer?
bloody ignorant

Instead of the idiot to be talking of summoning CBN and NPDC, he's here spewing trash. Anyone can sha talk

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by ogunniyi2: 6:38pm On May 03, 2015
masonkz:

A review was done and a disclaimer was appropriately put in place. NPDC and CBN weren't proving to be of help. How exactly can an audit firm remedy that apart from issuing a disclaimer?

Instead of the idiot to be talking of summoning CBN and NPDC, he's here spewing trash. Anyone can sha talk

bloody ignorant
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by ogunniyi2: 6:41pm On May 03, 2015
masonkz:

bloody ignorant
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by ogunniyi2: 6:42pm On May 03, 2015
masonkz:

bloody ignorant
sammhi:

but the rot in NNPC like many other govt institutions did not start with GEJ or Diezani. even the GMB as petroleum minister had allegation of missing 2.8bn .so if you are straight then probe the NNPC from inception or forget it then set the rules from now on..except you are on vendetta or somethng......
foolish
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by Utchman1: 6:55pm On May 03, 2015
Why did PWC wait for Buhari to mention that he was going to revisit the allegation before coming out to say the report should not be trusted?

My thinking is that they had a deal with GEJ's government and since he has lost, they (PWC) do not want to be exposed by GMB's government.

Hence the declaration that the report should not be trusted.
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by sammhi(m): 7:11pm On May 03, 2015
Utchman1:
Why did PWC wait for Buhari to mention that he was going to revisit the allegation before coming out to say the report should not be trusted?

My thinking is that they had a deal with GEJ's government and since he has lost, they (PWC) do not want to be exposed by GMB's government.

Hence the declaration that the report should not be trusted.

Please PWC never came out to say that...it was the Yoruba wing of APC who interprete their firat page as that...so it is an interpretation not a direct statement from PWC
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by nsyforreal: 7:22pm On May 03, 2015
Classicalman:
He is a complete illiterate honourable. Did he actually go through the 200 page report to see how PWC arrived at tyue $1.48bn? I dont think he did. He just wants to run his motor-mouth like typical APC member.

God bless u my fellow nairalander.This is the best comment have read on this site so far.

People just say or write rubbish on anything.Imagine an honourable talking like an illiterate.

They just write things without checking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPOB Tells Kwankwaso To Stop Linking Peter Obi And Them Together / APC Will Ensure Buhari Recontests In 2019 – Oyegun / Aisha Buhari, Abba Kyari At Burial Of Fallen Nigerian Soldiers In Abuja(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.