Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,089 members, 7,852,687 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:17 AM

Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari (23414 Views)

Stop Deceiving Nigerians – Adeyemi Attacks Tinubu / The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians / Nigerians Deceiving Nigerians - The Ben Murray-bruce I Know (pics) - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by Onix01: 7:27pm On May 03, 2015
The PWC have succeeded in giving us a review instead of an audit. The incoming Government should query their motives in engaging such a reputable organisation in such kind of messy report. Also they should be fined afterwards as a warning note to other multi-nationals in the country who believes they can aid and abet in an environment like Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by oweman: 8:02pm On May 03, 2015
adeduntaniyabo:
LOWEST MTN DATA BUNDLE AT THE CHEAPEST RATE
MTN 2GB - #1000
MTN 4GB - #1800
CALL/WATSAPP TUNDE ON 08162637076. THIS ADVERT IS FOR THOSE THAT STAYS IN IBADAN ALONE. CALL FOR DELIVERY AT YOUR DOOR STEP

Are you the same Tunde Lawal ln lbadan that has being collecting money and refusing to delver the data you got paid for through a GTB account ? both your plcture on whatapp and the GTB account details are available for when you needed
Meanwhile nairalanders are warned to be careful with all thise ibadan hustlers they are mainly scammers . Hopefully the phone number of this scammers will shortly be here .
LAWAL TUNDE BAYO
GTB ACCT NO 0019153794
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by boladez(m): 8:23pm On May 03, 2015
This is what happens when votes are cast along party lines and not individual competencies....

The senator's comment demonstrates a mix of

lack of knowledge on the subject matter + Drugs + quest for relevance + Sensationalism

Its a shame such dull people will sit in the hallowed chambers to represent us!
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by Eruditor: 8:47pm On May 03, 2015
seunmsg:

The point of argument is whether or not PWC was guilty of professional misconduct and of deceiving Nigerians. As far as I can see, PWC did nothing wrong. NPDC is a subsidiary of NNPC and from the report, they account for a substantial part of the oil revenue that was unremitted so, their books should also be scrutinised. But when they refused to cooperate, the auditor can only discuss their un cooperation with NNPC (the holding company) and the Auditor General who engaged them and am very sure they must have done that. You don't expect them to call a press conference during the course of the audit to inform Nigerians that NPDC is not co-operating. And the NPDC limitation was clearly stated in the report.

When conducting a special audit investigation into a case of missing money like this, you don't need to audit the whole organisation comprehensively. You only request for documents that are necessary to achieve the terms of reference as stated in the engagement contract. Again, I repeat, auditors only give report of their findings in a special audit investigation based on the terms of engagement. They don't give opinion on the truness and fairness of the account of the organisation. It's only NNPC's statutory auditor that can do that.

Ok. Fair enough. I think I understand you and I agree.
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by Eruditor: 8:56pm On May 03, 2015
millionaireman:

You are the one that needs serious prayer deliverance.

You can't believe what comes from established authorities, including your government because of your ethnic/ religious tilt.

You can only believe a Sanusi whose only higher degree is Quaranic Studies from a Sudanese university. Sanusi who first told you that $50 billion, later, $40 billion and later, $20 billion oil money was not accounted for by Jonathan and crew. Sanusi unusually made those announcements in the open market without first obtaining local or international investigators' seal. Sanusi made the announcement for political gains of power to the north.

He has achieved his aim of power to north, yet his words are like Bible before you, notwithstanding that many investigators have declared Sanusi's allegations lies.

I know you are a nitwit but I would do my best to de-nitwitize you. SLS never claimed 49B was missing. He wrote a private letter to GEJ alerting him that 49B of the remittable 69B that should have been in the FG account wasn't there so that GEJ would do the needful. GEJ didn't. 6 months later the letter was leaked to the press and GEJ asked SLS to resign because of it which SLS rejected.

That is when Nigerians put pressure on the NA who were then forced to set up different panels trying to investigate the constituents of the letter. NOI and Deziani started with their mumbo jumbo excuses after remitting 29B to the FG account. SLS argued 20 was still missing. He threatened 4 Nigerian Bank CEOs including Emefiele. He was sacked. Emefiele replaced him and so on...

1 Like

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by kakashi12(m): 9:48pm On May 03, 2015
Eruditor:

I know you are a nitwit but I would do my best to de-nitwitize you. SLS never claimed 49B was missing. He wrote a private letter to GEJ alerting him that 49B of the remittable 69B that should have been in the FG account wasn't there so that GEJ would do the needful. GEJ didn't. 6 months later the letter was leaked to the press and GEJ asked SLS to resign because of it which SLS rejected.

That is when Nigerians put pressure on the NA who were then forced to set up different panels trying to investigate the constituents of the letter. NOI and Deziani started with their mumbo jumbo excuses after remitting 29B to the FG account. SLS argued 20 was still missing. He threatened 4 Nigerian Bank CEOs including Emefiele. He was sacked. Emefiele replaced him and so on...
i believe pwc has a good reputation...if the senator elect can do a better job pls give him the books...i support progress but lets be fair
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by remmyz(m): 5:03am On May 04, 2015
seunmsg:
Instead of Blaming PWC, he should blame the Auditor General who came up with the terms of engagement and NNPC and NPDC who both refused to cooperate with the Auditor. Beside, the assignment was a special investigation of the alleged missing $20 billion and not a statutory audit. people should stop confusing the two together.

Shut up joor. They told us forensic audit.

1 Like

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by mojeer678: 6:46am On May 04, 2015
kolomax:
the Guys Above me need serious prayers

PWC Nigeria is already feeling the heat.

Its dubious ways are being exposed.

You remember the Oceanic Bank 'audit' which exonerated madame Cecilia only for the EFCC & the court to convict the thieving amadan and made her to forfeit the loot of ill-gotten wealth.

Even Okonjo-Iweala is putting distances between herself and pwc because she knows it was a cover-up wishy washy hatchet job with criminal implications that was done.

For the dunces above yarning dust about Senator-elect Adeola (Yayi), you should go and check his resume to know that he's very qualified and competent to make his statement being a senior accountant himself.
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by mojeer678: 6:50am On May 04, 2015
kakashi12:
i believe pwc has a good reputation...if the senator elect can do a better job pls give him the books...i support progress but lets be fair

Whatever 'good' reputation this criminal organization had in the past has been rubbished by its recent greedy and unprofessional dealings.

Many of its partners have jumped ship to Ernst and Young and the fate of Arthur Andersen is set to befall it.
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by mojeer678: 6:54am On May 04, 2015
Eruditor:

Ok. Fair enough. I think I understand you and I agree.

grin You've been bamboozled and you agreed, Nigerians and gullibility. Just spin some big words and see capitulation.

What exactly did you understand?

Why didn't pwc throw in the towel if it's request for records is being frustrated? No, it had to just collect its fees, abi? Dunces
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by mojeer678: 6:57am On May 04, 2015
boladez:
This is what happens when votes are cast along party lines and not individual competencies....

The senator's comment demonstrates a mix of

lack of knowledge on the subject matter + Drugs + quest for relevance + Sensationalism

Its a shame such dull people will sit in the hallowed chambers to represent us!

Insulting the messenger won't detract from the message.

Do you know the professional qualifications of Sen. Adeola? Must you come to expose your ign.orance & fo. coupled with ill-breeding here?
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by strongerthaneva(m): 7:01am On May 04, 2015
Classicalman:
He is a complete illiterate honourable. Did he actually go through the 200 page report to see how PWC arrived at tyue $1.48bn? I dont think he did. He just wants to run his motor-mouth like typical APC member.
if he didn't see he won't say man.he is part of the house and in charge of public account at the HOR..So don't be fooled like ur fellow tanoids chicken leaking brains..kowa better than PDP..

1 Like

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by mojeer678: 7:01am On May 04, 2015
Onix01:
The PWC have succeeded in giving us a review instead of an audit. The incoming Government should query their motives in engaging such a reputable organisation in such kind of messy report. Also they should be fined afterwards as a warning note to other multi-nationals in the country who believes they can aid and abet in an environment like Nigeria.

Correct! But they're only multinational in name. They're just like a local branch with the overlord whitey ensuring that the fees are remitted accordingly as long as they get to keep their own shares.

It's a scam by any other name. Check out the turnover of its partners and staff recently to KPMG, Ernst & Young, et.c for you to know that it's all coming apart.

You can only deceive the people for so long
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by Akexstinger(m): 7:24am On May 04, 2015
I don't why some sets of persons are yet to move on especially the igbos. They way they argue ehn is so sooo lopsided, any Lil thing they will turn it to tribal hatred. The senator has a cogent point, the auditor general and ngozi okonjo iweala made Nigerians and the world to believe that a forensic audit would be done as it was carried out in the case of Iraq, only for us to now see that it was a review in which PWC were paid for it.
Some of you speaks trash as if y'all came out with good results from the university having the guts to condemn the senator who's got several years of experience in accounting n auditing.
How many of you still remember that PWC ought to have submitted their audit report since last year October and delayed it till February or so? That was when I knew something suspicious has been done. And now, only for us to now see in their report that it was a review and that they had limitations.

1 Like

Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by boladez(m): 8:33am On May 04, 2015
mojeer678:

Insulting the messenger won't detract from the message.

Do you know the professional qualifications of Sen. Adeola? Must you come to expose your ign.orance & fo. coupled with ill-breeding here?

Ouch! I touched a naked nerve!......There is a big difference between Having Understanding , a clear mind and qualifications.!........ Take note!

Qualifications will not take the place of Uncommon sense and native intelligence. E.G Okonjo with her qualifications is unable to manage Nigeria's economy!

Obviously the Senator Adeola lack rudimentary understanding of how Oil and gas works, how government works and the engagement of auditors and accountancy practice. If he does not know must he comment!

The messenger matters....a man who is drug or high on whatever substance should not distract the intellectual thought process of Mr Buhari
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by kolomax(m): 8:36am On May 04, 2015
mojeer678:

PWC Nigeria is already feeling the heat.

Its dubious ways are being exposed.

You remember the Oceanic Bank 'audit' which exonerated madame Cecilia only for the EFCC & the court to convict the thieving amadan and made her to forfeit the loot of ill-gotten wealth.

Even Okonjo-Iweala is putting distances between herself and pwc because she knows it was a cover-up wishy washy hatchet job with criminal implications that was done.

For the dunces above yarning dust about Senator-elect Adeola (Yayi), you should go and check his resume to know that he's very qualified and competent to make his statement being a senior accountant himself.
don't mind them anything about APC and BUHARI is always a problem to the TANOID's
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by mojeer678: 10:02am On May 04, 2015
boladez:

There is a big difference between Having Understanding , a clear mind and qualifications.!........ Take note!

The messenger matters....a man who is drug or high on whatever substance should not distract the intellectual thought process of Mr Buhari

what's this one saying? undecided
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by Eruditor: 1:00pm On May 04, 2015
mojeer678:

grin You've been bamboozled and you agreed, Nigerians and gullibility. Just spin some big words and see capitulation.

What exactly did you understand?

Why didn't pwc throw in the towel if it's request for records is being frustrated? No, it had to just collect its fees, abi? Dunces

I am neither pro-PwC nor against. I agreed with his argument that PwC weren't going to announce in a press conference that NPDC or CBN were not cooperating. It made no financial sense to do so seeing that they wanted to be paid for their services. The other aspect is that they refused to make any binding conclusion on the report that way, they can always retract some claims when supporting documents are made available.

Whatever the case is one must maintain a dispassionate stance when discussing issues like this. Or better still, learn to see things from each person's view.
Re: Probe PWC For Deceiving Nigerians, Hon. Adeola Tells Buhari by boladez(m): 2:21pm On May 04, 2015
mojeer678:

what's this one saying? undecided

IT should read the piece very well!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo: If We Expose Those In Buhari Government, They Will Go To Jail & Hell / Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days / Sadiya Farouq: FG To Pay 24 Million Poor Nigerians N5,000 Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.