Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Open Letter To Ondo State Governor By NAOSS, OAU Chapter. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Ondo State Governor By NAOSS, OAU Chapter. (1978 Views)

Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law / Naoss Oau Grand Congress / Nyesom Wike, The Sleeping Governor By Sahara Reporters (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Ondo State Governor By NAOSS, OAU Chapter. by Joelaking(m): 3:30pm On May 03, 2015
OPEN LETTER TO HIS EXCELLENCY, THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF ONDO STATE; DR. OLUSEGUN MIMIKO.

1st May, 2015.

Dear sir,

THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE...

Your excellency sir! The executive governor of ondo state, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko (iroko).

It is pertinent at this critical period to state emphatically without any modicum of fear to any persons, groups, boards and authorities the stand of the National Association of Ondo state students, Obafemi Awolowo University chapter on the demands of our students.

ON THE STATE OF AFFAIRS OF ONDO STATE.

Your excellence sir, your transformation in every area of governance since becoming the helmsman of the state six years ago is commendable. Specifically,your led government administration has been able to distinguish itself in the areas which include Education, health, Agriculture, Transport, Urban renewal, Community development, Housing and Sports among others.
Through what has overtime become to be identified as the Iroko revolution in the state, you commenced the process of bridging the gap between the elite and masses as far as education is concerned. In this process, a caring heart school tagged Mega School was designed and situated at the three Senatorial districts of the state.

Again putting in place agency which is basically saddled with the responsibility of maintaining high standard in schools in the state. Tagged Quality Assurance Agency. A system which recorded so much impact that states like Oyo, Ekiti and Osun state government borrowed the initiative.

On health, this is one area you won for the state in particular and the country at large, international recognition. As its Abiye project continues to endear the government to both nationals and foreigners. Under the very popular health project, Mother and Child hospitals are operational.
Your achievement, winning for the second consecutive time, the
National Polio Achievement Award in the Nigeria Governor's Immunisation Leadership Challenge .
The award which is at the instance of Bill & Melinda
Gates and Dangote Foundations is a show of excellence.

On Agriculture, the unique qualities employed by your administration is commendable. Maximizing the agricultural potentials of the state. Your contributions and agricultural scheme in places like Ore, Auga and Epe and Agric villages where graduates have been gainfully employed. The establishment of Tomapep factory in Arigidi Akoko. Another unique feature of the agricultural undertakings is the value of the Auga cow farm where Cows are been reared in hundreds.

On Housing Projects; It is worthy of mention that there has not been any housing project in Ondo state in the last 28 years. No government that has come into being in the state within this period that has given attention into the housing needs of the citizens of the state until the coming of your administration, with over 300 housing projects delivered in places such as Oba-ile, and Oda road to mention but a few.

On Community Development; your administration has created a Ministry basically for Community issues .So far, the government has been able to reach out over 400 villages in the state with one project or the other using its 3i’s initiative. Under this preference, my town (Ijagba, in Ose LGA) as also benefited, where government’s agent approaches a community for its needed project following which a contractor is selected within the locality and contracted to execute the agreed project. These projects range from Medical Centres, Town Hall, among others.
On Urban Renewal; The Urban Renewal programmes of your administration Is unprecedented in the history of the state. The government which has over the years earned for itself the appellation "Sogbedigboro" turning rural to urban places has not only made the urban centres worth living for natives and residents alike, but has also improved of the standard of living of the rural dwellers. Millenium compliant Neighbourhood markets, erected in Isikan, in Akure, ondo, IKare etc. A two phase project that has since become operational. The New NEPA market project in Akure.

In the area of road construction, the Arakele idealization project, the Oba Adesida road, the Oke ijebu road, the Owo town idealization project, road projects in Ondo Town, IKare and a quite a number of other towns in the state. The Akure city can now boast of the best traffic light in the African continent.
On Sports, this is one area your led government is doing better than every other state in the federation. The state has and it can boast of the best stadia in the country with the Akure sports stadium which has an Olympics size swimming with the football pitch being Astroturf. Your numerous contributions cannot be overemphasized.

ON BURSARY and SCHOLARSHIP, the WHAT, WHY AND WHEN...

Sir, it is exigent, to state, having waited patiently for the government of the day to disburse it's bursary and scholarship scheme to assisting the indigenes of Ondo state studying across various institutions in Nigeria, that their hopes have been met with deep provocative questions. WHAT is wrong with the administration? WHY have we not been paid? WHEN will we get paid and consequently WHEN will the next application commence for both freshmen and Stalites. I implore that your administration which has been a major point of reference with a unique and excellent style of leadership address this issue immediately. As much as your administration sir, over the years have received deep recommendations and appraisal on quick payment of bursary and scholarship, nevertheless we are in deep pains on the questions of WHAT, WHY and WHEN?

Consequent to that, I write specifically on behalf of the over five thousand and one (5000+1) students of ondo state origin in Obafemi Awolowo University and generally all naossites across other institutions that have not been paid, demanding for quick and immediate payment. Subject to this, I wish to inform your office sir, that, the leadership of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION Of ONDO STATE STUDENTS, Obafemi Awolowo University chapter, has decided that payment should be made on or before the 21th of may, 2015.

ON THE LEADERSHIP OF THE STATE.

Having followed duly, the case of the impeached deputy governor in person of Alhaji Ali Olanusi, I wish to bring to your notice the need to ensure effectiveness in your cabinet. Meanwhile I send my warmth regards to the new deputy governor of our state. CONGRATULATIONS!!! However, beyond the appointment is a need to keep to the promises made to the state, before and on swearing in. Ondo students, Obafemi Awolowo University chapter, says join hands to lift our great state by engaging in logical, consistent and scientific methodology to approaching issues. Furthermore, the legislative and judicial arm of the state is equally praised for job well done across the state. We need you to intensify your efforts.

ON THE CASE OF OSUSTECH

I wish to use this medium to inform the office of the governor, that OSUSTECH, is part of our State's pride, hence it should be treated as such. As the comradic saying goes thus, "AN INJURY TO ONE IS AN INJURY TO ALL" from our chapter various reports have been tabled, however for the purpose of equity we sprang into action to phantom the source of the Imbroglio.
Suffice me to say, that by the power confide on me as the grand commander of all Aluta forces NAOSS, OAU chapter, that we observed your numerous programmes and achievements in the said institution as one commendable. Furthermore we also wish to use this medium to Frown at any format of calculated or permutated political needs. The interest of Ondo state is far greater than the microscopic political interest of some persons serving as elements of confusion in the state unjustifiably bringing the state to a land of "POLITICAL VEGETABLES". ENOUGH! of this "POLITICAL MASTURBATION" cum egoism.

In addition, we also implore that you continue the good works which you have started, by doing more.

ON THE LEADERSHIP OF NAOSS NATIONAL.

I must at this point charge the office of the leadership of NAOSS NATIONAL both Senate and executive to remain steadfast in their duties. I must commend the person of Senate president Adewunmi Fagbemigun Israel for his immense contributions and unprecedented efforts towards the development of the state association as well as is intellectual leadership qualities in holding firm the association from polarization amidst various political coup. It will be incomplete without appreciating also the efforts of the person of Awodola Afolayan who is the president of NAOSS national arm.

OUR EXPECTATIONS

That his excellency, the executive governor of Ondo state; Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, immediately respond to the issue of bursary and scholarship.

Further developmental projects in the state be made a reality.

Empowerment programmes for our youths.

Sustainable development in the areas of job creation.

Transparency, accountability and stewardship from the administration.

Cooperation from all sectors ( private, public, individual, political opponents, friends, etc) to help the government achieve a better sunshine state.

In conclusion, your excellency, the support of the masses lies in your hands, as the words of a great scholar that every generation has its own destiny, mission and vision to fulfill. However one has the option either to fulfill it, betray it or defend it.
We anticipate your immediate responses.

GOD BLESS THE SUNSHINE STATE!
GOD BLESS THE GOVERNOR!
GOD BLESS NAOSS!!!

Yours in struggle.
Signed:
Ojo Bright I.
President,
NAOSS, OAU chapter.
ojobrightidemudia@yahoo.com
Re: Open Letter To Ondo State Governor By NAOSS, OAU Chapter. by Joelaking(m): 7:56pm On May 03, 2015
Hope this gets to the right quarters.

(1) (Reply)

50 Vocabularies Used By Patrick Obahiagbon & Their Meanings / Jonathan Deprived EFCC Of Funds –lamorde / The Same Type Of Moon That Appeared The Day Buhari Was Declared Winner Appears.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.