Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,996 members, 7,835,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Avoid This Kinda Selfies.... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Avoid This Kinda Selfies.... (900 Views)

Ladies.. How Protected Would You Feel With This Kinda Guy (pic) / Be Careful Of Val, Else You May Not Avoid This ( Pic) / Ladies, Always Ask A Man If He Is Married After The "Hellos" To Avoid This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avoid This Kinda Selfies.... by InfinixMine: 10:21pm On May 03, 2015
I used to laugh at the different poses that young people strike when they want to take selfie. There’s this lady’s pose where you cross the right leg over the left, then tilt your head to the left after which you either complete it with a pout or a lopsided smile. Then there’s the one with a hand covering your mouth as if you had mouth odour. There’s also the pose where you tilt forward, one hand on the waist and the other is used to give a mock salute with a signatory pout. Have you taken any of this pose before? Lol.

There are really many other poses that borders round creativity, playfulness or sheer silliness. So like I said, I used to wonder the fuss about selfies was until I got a phone that could allow me take selfies. Then maybe my perception changed or rather became clearer.
Let’s rewind a little…How did selfies originate?

The first known selfie was taken by Robert Cornelius in 1839 according to Wikipedia, then it became popular with the entry of social networks, popularity grew and we are where we are today. Many of us don’t really care about the history though, as long s we can take as many selfies as possible.
I would want to mention a kind of selfie that many are taking these days and its really tilting life towards a dangerous bend. Like the name implies, selfie is a picture of yourself taken by yourself. What do the following pronouns have in common?

1. I
2. Me
3. My
4. Mine
5. Myself.

Those are usually selfie words. The world is getting ruptured by people that think only of themselves, they want to be in the spotlight without thinking about how it affects others.

When last did you buy a gift for someone other than that special someone? When last did you stand for the old woman standing in the BRT bus? When last did you share something with someone? You know its funny, that the cocacola concept really is ‘share a coke with’, but you find people searching out their own names. They share the drink with themselves. Why not share a drink with that boy in tattered clothes that sells mango by your house? Infact when last did you complement your house-help for doing a good job.? When last did you take the camera off yourself and point it towards someone else. Incase you don’t know, let me give you this news flash, the world doesn’t revolve around you! If you slump and die now or even live for as long as you want to, when you die, a number of people will mourn after which life goes on. Life doesn’t end because you are missing in it.

“Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor.” I Corinthians 10:24

“Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others” Philippians 2:4

Anyone can be selfish, only the strong can choose to look away from themselves. Be that strong person. Choose to do a good deed for someone today. For today, try taking the spotlight of yourself and let someone else be in it.

Ciao!

click to continue.... https://purpleoutpour./2015/04/30/avoid-this-kinda-selfies/
Re: Avoid This Kinda Selfies.... by jamex93(m): 10:23pm On May 03, 2015
tongue
Re: Avoid This Kinda Selfies.... by naijaboiy: 10:57pm On May 03, 2015
e get wetin dem nor dey carry bible enter?
Re: Avoid This Kinda Selfies.... by sinaj(f): 11:04pm On May 03, 2015
maybach
Re: Avoid This Kinda Selfies.... by demmy0325(m): 11:14pm On May 03, 2015
Re: Avoid This Kinda Selfies.... by BIBblacboy: 11:20pm On May 03, 2015
plzz u guyz should beg me to go and read am having egxam tomorrow
Re: Avoid This Kinda Selfies.... by snowhyt(f): 7:45am On May 04, 2015
naijaboiy:
e get wetin dem nor dey carry bible enter?
i tire oo... taking selfie is now a sin

(1) (Reply)

7 Types Of Men Women Can't Resist / Papiss Cisse Leaves Girlfriend For Holiday And 3 Days Later Marries Another / hi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.