Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! (30867 Views)

How Jollof Rice Was Served In A Party (pics) / Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks / Best Way To Prepare A Jollof Rice: How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by TOYOSI20(f): 2:43am On Feb 08, 2009
dayokanu:

My mouth dey water already. Omotoyosi Ibadi aran, eyinfunjowo, agunleyinju

Teach Heatfusion the recipes before she poisons David

Is that your ingridient for JR shocked shocked shocked shocked why not stones or GAMMALIN 20?

Awwww. . .thats so nice (w/e it is that means). . . .havent the slightest clue oo cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ive told u to find u a good wife that would take good care of ur stomach ehn. . . . tongue  grin grin grin

HeatFusion:

@TOYOSI
Jo ba oko re soro o.
emi ko like bo se n degrade my cooking skill.
He think say I be him wey dey throw yam/ apples in his JR. tongue

What husband oo?? angry angry angry

If only u tell it like it is. . .u know hes ma Bruv and thats it. . . lipsrsealed

Oya pls bro no too dey diss her cooking skills like that naa. . .give her a break abeg. . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by Nobody: 2:47am On Feb 08, 2009
hehehhee, bro dayo, na u toyosi dey take style tell "I no do"?

see yaself.

a ni ke ""fii le" grin grin grin This is funny cheesy
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by dayokanu(m): 2:54am On Feb 08, 2009
Awwww. . .thats so nice (w/e it is that means). . . .havent the slightest clue oo

Ive told u to find u a good wife that would take good care of ur stomach ehn.

Oun ti mo n wa lo si Sokoto wa ni apo sokoto mi. Toyosi ni mo ma fi se iyawo,
Ko si option. I cant trust those gurls jor tongue tongue

If only u tell it like it is. . .u know hes ma Bruv and thats it. . .

Oya pls bro no too dey diss her cooking skills like that naa. . .give her a break abeg

Bruvv bawo, Iyawo yes!!!
I gave Heatfusion credit she can boil water and she can boil eggs. She can cook
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by Nobody: 2:57am On Feb 08, 2009
dayokanu:

Bruvv bawo, Iyawo yes!!!
I gave Heatfusion credit she can boil water and she can boil eggs. She can cook
Aleast I don't burn my water grin like u
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by Nobody: 3:05am On Feb 08, 2009
HeatFusion:

lolol ara oko (bushwoman)

I no go lie, me sef likes the burned part tongue

@TOYOSI
Jo ba oko re soro o.
emi ko like bo se n degrade my cooking skill.
He think say I be him wey dey throw yam/ apples in his JR. tongue

Not the burnt bottom part o shocked. I mean jollof rice has this burnt taste in it, it's delicious. tongue
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by Hauwa1: 3:11am On Feb 08, 2009
Yes because you cook it with steam. just lil stock and the rest is steam. that's the cause of the burnt taste also when stirring, don't go too deep to avoid mixing the burnt part with the whole pot.

Jollof rice is a lot of work. not those cook rice finish and mix it with fried tomato they call Jolof rice grin
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by Nobody: 3:13am On Feb 08, 2009
*Hauwa*:

Yes because you cook it with steam. just lil stock and the rest is steam. that's the cause of the burnt taste also when stirring, don't go too deep to avoid mixing the burnt part with the whole pot.

Jollof rice is a lot of work. not those cook rice finish and mix it with fried tomato they call Jolof rice grin
ah ahn, leave my cooking procedure out of this na.

Jollof rice na jollof rice, it still taste the same jor grin
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by Hauwa1: 3:16am On Feb 08, 2009
no, best make stew and pour am on top of white rice. call it jolof too grin

1 Like

Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by sley4life(m): 7:06pm On Jun 30, 2009
i like jollof rice when the tomatoes& pepper are sliced instead of grinded ones. I like it when its hot and when its still watery
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by Hauwa1: 8:03pm On Jun 30, 2009
authentic JR has the followings:

fresh tomatoes (blended with tatashe, onions and then steamed or boiled till it is pasty
paste tomatoe
onion
stocks: chicken, beef or goat stock
curry, thyme, etc (not too many spice though
maggi cube

and most important of all TIME

you cook with less heat and slowly.

1 Like

Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by ifyalways(f): 12:04am On Jul 01, 2009
*Hauwa*:

you cook with less heat and slowly.

Yep.less heat and add water in bits.
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by kayustones: 3:52pm On Jan 04, 2012
it is well
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by JadeWilliam(f): 7:40pm On Sep 22, 2013
*Hauwa*:
since you done pack all the sea animals into your jollof, let's give it a name Seafoodjollof grin. mussel, oyster (the aphro kini) all in there. even periwinkle cheesy
cheesy
LMFAO grin grin grin
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by marketresearch: 5:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
Red Hot Pepper Spice

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Add an extra spicy zing to get your taste buds racing.

Do you want to add a little kick to your meal? Hot peppers are terrific way to spice up any dish. Red Pepper is made from the ground fruit of a plant in the Capsicum family. The fruits, commonly known as "chilies" or "chili peppers," are fiery red or orange pods which rarely grow to more than 4 inches in length.

for Nigerians looking for Red Hot Pepper Spice in the US, you can get your ingredients here - http://www.nigerianfoods.com/products/pepper
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by MissyDee: 7:56am On Aug 15, 2015

1 Like

Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by Andy04: 4:07pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hauwa1:
to make a rich JR, make sure you have tatashe. not this bello or bella pepper.

use african chicken stock or goat meat stock cheesy
Hello,I reside in the east,I can supply to interested individuals breadfruit,'ukwa' in igbo ,'afon' in yoruba,in bulk @ a cheaper rate you might even wish to be selling it.I heard that the business is lucrative and selling fast in cities like Lagos and Abj.we can work out on how I will be getting it across to you maybe through 'ware billing' or any other means that would be mutually convenient. contact me if you are interested via: 08160436794, email:voyagerafricana@gmail.com
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by sylph22: 8:55am On Apr 04, 2016
My key note for jollof rice is "let it burn"
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by armyofone(m): 2:03pm On Apr 06, 2016
The good old days grin

Wondering where everyone is...bless you where ever you are.
Hauwa girl kiss
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by lafean20(f): 11:38am On Dec 11, 2016
SeanT21:
My mother is my special recipe.She cooks and I bring it down!!
lmao..guy u funny
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by hydracool(f): 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
Hi there,jallof na simple thing to prepare now.[color=#990000][/color]
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed na my bro Dayo u dey talk abt like that? Abomination.

I know the other one only knows how to chop. Come time to dey cook o, na woman job be that. grin

Thank you o jare. But where can I get african chicken?
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by hydracool(f): 10:26pm On Jan 20, 2017
To prepare jallof rice, you need,rice,tatashe, tarribu,tomatoes, crayfish, dryfish,meat,goat or chicken, palm oil or grandnut oil,Maggie of your choice and test and some spices depending on your choice.
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by okwuvic(m): 11:24am On Jan 26, 2017
Ludacris' wife Eudoxie Mbouguienge makes Fufu for their kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a79YZxcFFuk

Eudoxie Mbouguienge, Gabonese model and wife of American rapper Ludacris, posted a video on Instagram where she is seen preparing fufu for her daughter.Cadence and step-daughter, Cai Bella Bridges.
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by austino01(m): 11:20pm On Jan 26, 2017
Are you among the Nigerian youth that is ready to make good money this 2017, if that is you,please join 100's of youth getting full knowledge on pig farming and getting help to become their own boss before the end of the year Lots of money to be made in this business let me show you how and you will not be disappointed. send me a request on whats app +14042549461 and i will add you to the group don't be left out.
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by basita: 12:16pm On Nov 27, 2017
Hi

Can someone pls help with the costs of preparing fried rice, pepper soup and vegetables for 30 guests? I reside at Ketu, Lagos.
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by Onyi42(m): 1:08pm On May 17, 2018
Pls can I get a normal delicious "student" jollof rice and porridge yam recipe
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by DADAYO5: 12:59pm On Jan 13, 2019
HI guys. I sell Jumbo and table sized snails, Tinko(sundried beef), ponmo (roasted cowskin)
Holla on:08094267405

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by mdhassan7128: 7:45am On Mar 09, 2020
Hello!
Food consultants provide crucial information and data about food management services that are otherwise unavailable in personal homes. These consultants work with the aim to make their client’s eatery or food service venture the most successful one. If anyone looking for Foodservice Consultant. Visit here https://amtc.ae/services/

Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by Martinez4life(m): 11:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
One key thing I know on preparing jollof rice is that tumeric plays a great role in the colouring of jollof, it makes the colour very bright and attractive so you don't need to add plenty tomatoes.
If any one wish to know more about how to prepare jollof rice, fried rice and other dishes both local and foreign you can click here
https://www.google.com/search?q=foodiesandpastry..com&oq=foodiesandpastry..com&aqs=chrome..69i58j69i57j69i59j69i60l3j69i59j69i60.5054j0j9&client=ms-android-transsion-itel-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
Re: Your Special Recipe For Your Jollof Rice! by nirwaarun: 9:57am On Mar 30, 2022
Harry Beach is one of the best options amongst the Best Restaurants in Esplanade, Great cuisine, food takeaway service, and online food delivery service. Food cost is also more reliable than others.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? / Obsessed With Hollandia Yoghurt / My Dodo (fried Plantains) Gallery.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.