Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

My Bitter Experience With Policemen In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Bitter Experience With Policemen In Lagos (607 Views)

Governor Wike "Changes His Name" Over Dismissal Of 6 Policemen In Rivers. Photos / Policemen In Uniforms Playing "Baba Ijebu" (Photo) / VIDEO: Ese Oruru Resisting Policemen, In Kano -Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bitter Experience With Policemen In Lagos by debbie(f): 12:23pm On May 11, 2015
I will like to bring to the notice of the commissioner of police in Lagos state,The IGP and to the general public the wicked and unruly behavior of some police men and officers.One of them is one EDE DENNIS ( funny enough he didnt have his number written on the uniform,just his name.) He is attached to alapere or ketu division.

Yesterday afternoon after church Mass,we were driving through ketu,kosofe side to link up to visit a friend.Along Orishigun street beside winco foam company we were stopped by a group of policemen who were supposedly checking cars.We were asked to stop and bring out our car particulars( all documents were correct and very recent,so we had nothing to worry about),after checking and he discovered there was no fault.He started by asking us where is the "POLICE AFFIDAVIT,CLEARANCE FOR CHANGE OF COLOUR CAR(meanwhile we have been driving the car for at least 4years now,haven't changed the colour). WE asked him what is the meaning of that,he started ranting.....so since you people dont have this letter ,you will go and explain at the station.We thought he was joking or rather drunk....After wasting our time and expecting us to settle him.Which we didnt, he became angry and decided to insult us..Since you people are not ready to provide the needed document,i will call my men to impound the car.

Yet they never did carry out any security check,.,,,only looking at the particulars for a reason to hold us.Now i refused to let him have his way.As we became furious considering the heat,he took the photocopies of the documents we gave him and left,telling us we will come and collect them( with him were more documents collected from innocent motorists).

I would like to ask what is the problem with these men on black?
Does it mean that the instruction from the IGP is falling on deaf ears?
What is wrong with our system...cant these men do their job?

It is so sad that we have a bunch of silly men who were employed to protect the people,they end up looking for how enrich themselves.
I got to know that the division officers,area commanders and higher officers always send out these men to make money and bring returns to them....

Nigeria has a very long way to go
thanks
Re: My Bitter Experience With Policemen In Lagos by IamOdin: 12:35pm On May 11, 2015
U are not the first person it happened to,neither will you be the last...Many have been in your shoes and a lot more will still be...Just forgive their hungry ass and move on with your life..oh??
Re: My Bitter Experience With Policemen In Lagos by MzJackBaueress(f): 12:37pm On May 11, 2015
There's no passing day you won't hear disgusting stories about Nigeria Policemen,and no one seems to be doing anything about their incessant madness,harrassment and intimidation towards innocent nigerians.

I believe the incoming administration will change the NPF for the better. A lot of sanitization is required to clean up the mess and rot in the NPF.

God bless Nigera!

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Policemen In Lagos by Rich4god(m): 12:43pm On May 11, 2015
Not surprised... It's their trade mark... It seem like once you are on that uniform, you just lose your senses... They need to convert all the police officers from dpo down to the last rank to boys scout UST so that the won't be jobless
Re: My Bitter Experience With Policemen In Lagos by Smilelo(m): 12:55pm On May 11, 2015
Na this type of news way mod suppose to take to front page but I no no waiting dem dey wait for. I beg mod send am go front page make people and the public know about am. If you no send am one day this thing fit happen to you. U go remember say I talk am.

Meanwhile if Buhari fit do something about this ( people way done chop there own finish come dey collect from another people chop. AKA police officer) I believe say change go dey.

As far as I am concerned police is your friend Not MINE.

(1) (Reply)

Direct Warning To Major General Buhari Nigeria's President Elect- Ifeduba / Does Our President- Elect Intend To Keep His Word? -Femi Aribisala / PDP To Lai Muhammed: “learn To Be Truthful, Honest,desist From Fabricating Lies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.