Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

How Do I Handle My Teenage Sis, As An Elder Bro. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Handle My Teenage Sis, As An Elder Bro. (4235 Views)

My brother is driving me nut - How Should I Handle This Family Issue? / My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis / Women Are Asking My Husband Out On Whatsapp. How Do I Handle This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Handle My Teenage Sis, As An Elder Bro. by Richy4(m): 11:34am On Jul 04, 2015
Hmm
Re: How Do I Handle My Teenage Sis, As An Elder Bro. by Richy4(m): 11:41am On Jul 04, 2015
I don't know how close you are with matured nurse or an understanding doctor.

Plan with a doctor or a nurse one of this days

Tell her to accompany you to a hospital maternity. So that she might see first hand the pain women went through during child birth.

Then you can education her there the dangers of not being mature before having sex. Let her know that she can have friends but not sex
Re: How Do I Handle My Teenage Sis, As An Elder Bro. by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:06pm On Feb 23, 2018
Enoquin:
Children grow up on the foundation they got. I didn't have such experience with my younger sister because of so many factors - foundation and others - that came into play.
My maternal cousin, who came to live with us though nearly gave me high blood pressure. She came when she was around 10 and blossomed into a beautiful girl at 15/16. She had hips, figure, beauty etc and attracted all sorts.
Now, I had laid down a law amongst my siblings, her inclusive. “No relationships till I see admission letter to a tertiary institution.”
Because of the way the hierarchy in our house is/was structured, I can/could afford to give such ultimatums. Now, my little cousin who was in SS 1 by then started having admirers. I, in my small wisdom, didn't want my parents knowing because I felt I could handle the situation but she started becoming saucy and came back late from errands. I punished her after one of such incidences and in return she reported me to the 'chief' boyfriend, a young man in his 30s. That one came to me and I told him off in the most scalding way.
"Is that how you would like your sister to be treated? If you want to marry her, wait till she finishes school. Come and meet my parents and they will direct you to her parents but leave her alone. If I see you come by the shop again, I will raise an alarm, ensure my parents hear and have her returned to the village."
Why did she become saucy? I wouldn't go as far as saying she had started having sex but I would say I stumbled on gift items and she usually had money. We weren't sleeping in the same room.

So, money + gifts + love proclamations from men + sex will ensure your sister turns a deaf ears to your pleas or punishments. Girls at that age are easily swayed.

In my cousin's case, I started talking to her about how her parents would feel if she disappointed them especially her father whom she loved dearly - I used sentiments.
I called a siblings meeting and told them we had to value ourselves against outsiders and that money wasn't all that. I told them, I could give out of my allowance if I had but whenever I couldn't meet any of their demands, after they had met our parents, then they were to be content with not having whatever they needed - I preached contentment.
I encouraged her to join a church group. Why? She could still be guided aright and it worked.

All these were done without my parents (father) knowing. My father is a staunch disciplinarian, go against his rules and if you were a relative, you would be sent home.

Punishments or flogging won't change her, it would just lead her to the eager arms of men and in anger she would feel that going against your wishes is the retaliation needed to hurt you.
Talking about condoms or STDs would be like gibberish, cause she is still high on her new found pleasures. She is already getting things from different men.

I feel that the root cause is lack of love especially fuelled by the strained relationship with the step-mother.
Are you guys close? If yes, take more interests in her studies, drill her about school and what she learnt.

Talk to her about life generally. Tell her your plans. Ask about hers.

Listen carefully when she talks.

Talk flippantly about relationships. Ones you had and while you broke off some. Put fiction if you have to. In your stories, emphasize on how the ladies thought their bodies were a bargaining chip. What guys value in ladies. Do all this in a relaxed setting, if she is tensed; she would close her mind to any advices.

Live an exemplary life.

Sorry for the epistle

Awesome piece. I do this with my younger sisters, too. So far so good. smiley
Re: How Do I Handle My Teenage Sis, As An Elder Bro. by Ishilove: 9:38am On Feb 24, 2018
Tallesty1:
Even if you like carry her go put inside a Tank of TB Joshua's anointing oil and holy water, Nothing is gonna change until she advises herself and that will be later, much later when she's had her second and third heart-break from guys.

Women automatically become very arrogant, stubborn and impossible to handle when they taste their first d1ck.

Fear the power of that boneless thing.

The best you can do now is to make her your best friend, Miracles happen y'know.

What I don't understand is why she sent you that message. Did you call her a small girl?
Which kain yeye fallacy is this?

Re: How Do I Handle My Teenage Sis, As An Elder Bro. by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 24, 2018
Ishilove:

Which kain yeye fallacy is this?

why? because you are already very arrogant, stubborn and impossible to handle? cheesy

so what happens after you tame your fist one eyed monster?

geometrical progression?
Re: How Do I Handle My Teenage Sis, As An Elder Bro. by Ishilove: 10:54am On Feb 24, 2018
oyb:

why? because you are already very arrogant, stubborn and impossible to handle? cheesy

so what happens after you tame your fist one eyed monster?

geometrical progression?
I am actually very humble, sweet and easygoing grin

After you tame your first one eyed monster, you realise the whole thing is just over hyped and then you move on with life

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex Workers Beat Up Customers / His Parents Doesn't Know He Has A Year Old Son. / Flying Bird Turned Into A Beautiful Girl In Broad Daylight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.