Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father (2367 Views)

OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun / Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning / Heavily Pregnant Daughter Of Pres Jonathan Attends His Thanksgiving Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 04, 2015
Ojo Babafemi, father of Oluwadamilola Fajana,
the pregnant lawyer who was killed in a clash
between the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC)
and some oil vandals in Arepo, Ogun state, is
blaming President Goodluck Jonathan for his
loss, saying the president empowered the OPC
to kill his daughter.
In a statement he release on Monday, Babafemi
described the president’s decision to empower
APC as unconstitutional.
“The outgoing president, Goodluck Jonathan,
has, by the virtue of his empowering miscreants
who go by the name Odua Peoples Congress
(OPC), sent me and my family into a deep
mourning since last Wednesday,” he said.
“The president, by the unconstitutional
empowerment of the ethnic militia which has
through their clashes with pipeline vandals,
killed so many innocent Nigerians, particularly
in Arepo area of Ogun State.
“My daughter, Oluwadimilola Adebimpe Fajana-
Ojo, was killed in crossfire while driving back
home after a hard day’s job.”
On April 29, Damilola, a 26-year-old of graduate
of Ekiti state University, Ado Ekiti, was hit by a
stray bullet as she innocently on her way home
from work.
“President Jonathan is linked to her the death
by the reason of his patronage of people who
have no basic training in arms and weaponry in
the business of pipeline protection, which is a
very dangerous security enterprise supposed to
fall under the purview of the trained Nigerian
security agencies.
“President Goodluck Jonathan is culpable of the
death of Damilola Fajana and that of others by
the virtue of his morbid desperation for political
power, which led him to awarding this
senseless contract of his to OPC in return for
political support in Lagos state.
“He is equally guilty of my daughter’s death by
his withdrawing the trained security personnel,
the police, the army and the civil defence corps
from doing their constitutional duties of
protecting Nigerian people and their properties
and replacing them with untrained miscreants
by the name of OPC.”
Prior to the 2015 elections, Jonathan was said
to have given out oil deals to the national
leaders of the OPC, Gani Adams and Frederick
Fasehun alongside some other ex-militants
from the Niger Delta, an act largely criticised
across the country.
“President Jonathan’s hands are soiled by the
blood of my daughter by his promoting ethnic
militias groups, which rubbished our
established security system and allow armed
thugs and touts to go after pipeline vandals in a
high density civilian area in an unorganized
manner. He has, by this, shown that he has lost
confidence in the Nigerian security system,” the
aggrieved father continued.
“Jonathan’s actions and inactions have directly
led to the death of Mrs. Oluwadimilola Fajana
and many other innocent Nigerians who were
lawful and obedient people going about their
lawful businesses.
“My take on this is that President Jonathan has
openly displayed an undying hunger for political
powers but pretending to be meek and humble,
but thank God that Nigerians have not failed in
seeing this by voting him out in last month’s
presidential election.”
He went pleaded with President-elect
Muhammadu Buhari to undo the contract
Jonathan made with the ethnic militia group.
“It is my hope that the incoming General
Buahari administration will revoke this
obnoxious and misplaced pipeline contract, and
restore peace and normalcy back to Arepo and
it’s environment.
“This can only be done by returning the
Nigerian security agencies back to the area.
This will stop the current bloodletting and
unnecessary blood shedding of innocent
Nigerians, just because a desperate man like Dr
Jonathan wants to win elections.
“By this, the death of my pregnant daughter Mrs
Damilola Fajana Née Ojo, my unborn
grandchild, and that of others will not go
unsung.”
He urged the Ogun state government to probe
his daughter’s death, and prayed that the
president gets paid in his own coin.
“It is my hope also that the Ogun state
government, will institute a probe panel into this
notorious and inhuman killing and maiming of
innocent Nigerians resident in Ogun state all in
the name of protecting petrol pipe lines.
“As for Dr Jonathan, I will not curse but will not
also pray but all I will say is that God will judge
him accordingly if his decision of arming ethnic
militias has done more harm to the Nigerian
people than good. And to his co-travellers in the
business of looting and killing Nigerians in the
name of protecting pipelines, may peace and
hamony be strangers in their homes just like
they did to my home over the avoidable killing
of my meek and promising daughter whose
light they extinguished in her prime.
“May the good Lord grant Barrister Damilola
Adebimpe Fajana Née Ojo and other innocent
Nigerians who were victims of President
Jonathan and his OPC killer contractors eternal
rest and our families the fortitude to bear the
loss.”

www.thecable.ng/jonathans-hand-soiled-pregnant-daughters-blood-says-mourning-father

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 04, 2015
Hmm. I comment my reserve!
Let see what the second poster has to say...
Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 04, 2015
ok
Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by FirstNigerian(m): 2:41pm On May 04, 2015
j
Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by januzaj(m): 2:44pm On May 04, 2015
saiBab.
the reason why im empower dem na to disrupt elections....im just use dat as an excuse ni buh God pass am....OPC im don beef for you....baba go throway you....and if dem born your papa well use d weapons.wey clueless give you dey rob...kidnap...assassinate......You go.know say baba mean business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by Jorussia(m): 2:47pm On May 04, 2015
Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by AhmedMustapha(m): 2:47pm On May 04, 2015
The amount of curses Nigerians have heaped on this man is worrisome. I just pray after May29 he finds peace with Mama peace

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by MzJackBaueress(f): 2:47pm On May 04, 2015
Jonathan,have you seen what your stupidity and clueless approach to national issues has caused? embarassed

RIP Damilola!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by Boscojugunu(m): 2:49pm On May 04, 2015
Rip. I know the children of anger from one sad eastern part of the country will start spewing rubbish very soon. Have never seen a president that is as desperate as jona.daft. Just because of an election, u empowered almost all the militia group in d country.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 04, 2015
mtsshew undecided

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by tayo399(m): 3:06pm On May 04, 2015
J
Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by Gbawe: 3:07pm On May 04, 2015
Jonathan will forever remain on the negative side of history because of actions like these. While other leaders worldwide work to create modern, well-trained, disciplined and efficient security forces who understand the vitally important role of protecting society, our own President was busy empowering extrajudicial killers, lawless militia groups, militant warlords, assassins, armed robbers and all sorts of miscreants and menaces to society.

All for the sake of retaining a position he has never used to the benefit of the common man. Responsible leaders are trying, worldwide, to suffocate the growth of militia groups, so that only vetted professionals and institutions address the security needs of a nation, yet our own aberrant President did his best to empower lawless killers and thugs. I pray Nigeria never witnesses another like GEJ. Our nation has a lot of healing to do after the damage GEJ and other PDP Presidents before him have done.

manner.
He has, by this, shown that he has lost
confidence in the Nigerian security system,” the
aggrieved father continued.
“Jonathan’s actions and inactions have directly
led to the death of Mrs. Oluwadimilola Fajana
and many other innocent Nigerians who were
lawful and obedient people going about their
lawful businesses.
“My take on this is that President Jonathan has
openly displayed an undying hunger for political
powers but pretending to be meek and humble,
but thank God that Nigerians have not failed in
seeing this by voting him out in last month’s
presidential election.”

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by raumdeuter: 3:08pm On May 04, 2015
A president so desperate he armed militias to guard pipelines with no formal weapon handling training

Jonathan would still cry last just as this father was made to mourn his daughter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by faray: 3:08pm On May 04, 2015
Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by lanicky(f): 3:08pm On May 04, 2015
RIP Damilola. cry
Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by idu1(m): 3:11pm On May 04, 2015
ANAMBRA11:
mtsshew undecided
one day your loved one will die and people ll say mtsshew to you too.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by Mogidi: 3:11pm On May 04, 2015
Ojo Babafemi, father of Oluwadamilola Fajana,
the pregnant lawyer who was killed in a clash
between the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC)
and some oil vandals in Arepo, Ogun state, is
[size=15pt]blaming President Goodluck Jonathan for his
loss
[/size], saying the president empowered the OPC
to kill his daughter.

We must oblige APC with their blame culture from MAY 29th, they set the precedent of blaming everything on Dr Jonathan.
APC get ready y'all, get ready to hear people blaming Buhari for mosquito bite.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by themilanway(m): 3:12pm On May 04, 2015
Where are the TANS? angry angryCome and do justice to this thread.

RIP to the dead.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by ellechrystal(f): 3:14pm On May 04, 2015
Ha, I don't think some people who posted above me read d write-up, ppl just comment based on d topic,
Rip Dami.
Everyone blames Jonathan for every single thing.
Even our own personal failures it's Jonathan 's fault. N after he is gone, I wonder who else they will blame, am wondering if they will blame saint buhari, or continue to blame Jonathan.
So sad.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by NCOIM(m): 3:15pm On May 04, 2015
Another APC town crier on the lose

Shey if your pikin born Pikin with goat head shey na Jonathan cause am undecided

You people should leave Jonathan alone!!!

Mourning father,,,if your Claims are true(Which I know its nothing but a bloody lie from the pit of hell,,whose intention is to tarnish the name of our president).....Then go to ICC!!! angry angry

Jonathan this,,Jonathan that

Next story abeq

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by CyberWolf: 3:17pm On May 04, 2015
The man should go to hell with his rants..what sort of rubbish is this? angry sad..Abegii ..the man is a pathetic ediot..You did not blame the vandals, nor the OPC but comfortable heap the blame of GEJ...na thunder go fire that man..Anyway rip to his daughter angry

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 04, 2015
Your pikin die, rather than mourn you de play APC politics de blame Jonathan. Wetin your pikin go find where dem de vandalise public property? Oga abeg Go to Court

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by Gbawe: 3:24pm On May 04, 2015
raumdeuter:
A president so desperate he armed militias to guard pipelines with no formal weapon handling training

Jonathan would still cry last just as this father was made to mourn his daughter

This is my belief too because "karma is a b1t.ch". Jonathan is no better than Odili who birthed militancy by arming young, impressionable and jobless Niger Deltans to begin killing others and themselves for his own political gain. Boko Haram too became a potent force because of callous politicians sponsoring jobless and disillusioned miscreants who were happy to make themselves a menace to society. This is another sordid indictment of just how terrible, callous and wicked a President GEJ is.

He should be aggressively seeking the development of those he leads, through job creation and education, yet he is happy encouraging the growth of youth thuggery and menace that threatens the well-being of society. Below is an image of the sort of youth GEJ believes he must empower to cower society. Why will Obankoro and Fayose, under GEJ, not be encouraged to be bullying a high-ranking Nigerian soldier as if he is their gate man as revealed by the ekitigate recording. I still feel strongly that GEJ will know no peace or enduring happiness for the horrible damage he has done to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by specco(m): 3:28pm On May 04, 2015
Some disgruntled elements take pleasure in blaming Jonathan for any misfortune in their lives. Who would Nigerians blame after May 29? or would the blame game die a natural death then.
Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by BlackTechnology: 3:36pm On May 04, 2015
Trash

So if it was police and vandals exchanging fire, the police bullets will respect her abi

Useless talk

OPC doing their best to prevent vandals whom have successfully compromise the police army navy airforce etc

Gbawe:

This is my belief too because "karma is a b1t.ch". Jonathan is no better than Odili who birthed militancy by arming young, impressionable and jobless Niger Deltans to begin killing others and themselves for his own political gain. Boko Haram too became a potent force because of callous politicians sponsoring jobless and disillusioned miscreants who were happy to make themselves a menace to society. This is another sordid indictment of just how terrible, callous and wicked a President GEJ is.
He should be aggressively seeking the development of those he leads, through job creation and education, yet he is happy encouraging the growth of youth thuggery and menace that threatens the well-being of society. Below is an image of the sort of youth GEJ believes he must empower to cower society. Why will Obankoro and Fayose, under GEJ, not be encouraged to be bullying a high-ranking Nigerian soldier as if he is their gate man as revealed by the ekitigate recording. I still feel strongly that GEJ will know no peace or enduring happiness for the horrible damage he has done to Nigeria.
Boscojugunu:
Rip. I know the children of anger from one sad eastern part of the country will start spewing rubbish very soon. Have never seen a president that is as desperate as jona.daft. Just because of an election, u empowered almost all the militia group in d country.
MzJackBaueress:
Jonathan,have you seen what your stupidity and clueless approach to national issues has caused? embarassed
RIP Damilola!
AhmedMustapha:
The amount of curses Nigerians have heaped on this man is worrisome. I just pray after May29 he finds peace with Mama peace

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by Volksfuhrer(m): 3:41pm On May 04, 2015
barcanista:
Your pikin die, rather than mourn you de play APC politics de blame Jonathan. Wetin your pikin go find where dem de vandalise public property? Oga abeg Go to Court
SMH
Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by Gbawe: 3:42pm On May 04, 2015
specco:
Some disgruntled elements take pleasure in blaming Jonathan for any misfortune in their lives. Who would Nigerians blame after May 29? or would the blame game die a natural death then.

My friend, have you ever set foot outside Nigeria? Why do you guys insist on disgracing your nation like this? Where in the organised and developed world, and excluding failed nations, do you see political leaders openly and formally abetting the growth and relevance of militia groups? Other leaders, i.e real leaders who know what they are doing and are leading in the interest of society, work to create environment where militia groups are outlawed and unneeded.

Still, one can always expect to come to Nairaland to read absolutely backward hogwash from folks who have no inkling of what life is like in civilised climes. Why not even advocate that Nigeria become like Somalia where drug-addicted killers, rapists, anarchists and serial killers control society? I don't know why it is so hard for you guys to understand that GEJ is correctly criticised for his self-serving actions other leaders will never be found guilty of since such endangers society and moves nations towards failing. Leaders worldwide work to create professional, efficient, well-regulated and modern armed forces yet you are here speaking in favour of a President happy to arm lawless killers, drug addicts and anarchic miscreants. You guys are simply shameless and nauseatingly clannish.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by AhmedMustapha(m): 3:42pm On May 04, 2015
BlackTechnology:
Trash

So if it was police and vandals exchanging fire, the police bullets will respect her abi

Useless talk

OPC doing their best to prevent vandals whom have successfully compromise the police army navy airforce etc

So OPC now performs the functions of the security agencies and you say we have a President

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by Volksfuhrer(m): 3:47pm On May 04, 2015
CyberWolf:
The man should go to hell with his rants..what sort of rubbish is this? angry sad..Abegii ..the man is a pathetic ediot..You did not blame the vandals, nor the OPC but comfortable heap the blame of GEJ...na thunder go fire that man..Anyway rip to his daughter angry
SMH
Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by kazmanbanjoko(m): 3:50pm On May 04, 2015
Noted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by Gbawe: 4:03pm On May 04, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

So OPC now performs the functions of the security agencies and you say we have a President

Don't mind him. We have a police force in dire need of reform and modernisation to poition it close to the level of other efficient police forces worldwide, capable of protecting lives and property adequately, yet some backward Nigerians can still speak in defence of a President who believes in empowering drug-addict killers and jobless anarchists with no formal training or discipline to carry out the very important duties undeservingly handed over to them.

This is what led to the death of this pregnant young lady. I don't know why supporters of Jonathan are so evil, clannish and irresponsibly amoral. The article makes it clear GEJ abetted the death of this lady with his reprehensible and condemnable action no other leaders worldwide would ever identify with. Why on earth should pipeline protection contract, for the seventh biggest producer of crude in the world, be handed out to a rag-tag, untrained and indisciplined militia group? Which leader worldwide have Nigerians seen doing this before some of our people begin speaking in defence of GEJ over this nonsense? I am personally happy Buhari won because GEJ would surely have gone on to transform Nigeria into Somalia where illiterate killers, anarchists and fundamentalists thugs rape and murder professors and judges. Nonsense.

manner.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Empowered OPC To Kill My Pregnant Daughter, Says Mourning Father by atlwireles: 4:15pm On May 04, 2015
More people will die after May 29 2015, that's the cycle of life, who will you blame then. angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: President Buhari Decorates Benin Republic Officers / Jonathan Repair Existing Refineries And Buhari Takes Credit. Nigeria Is Forked! / Why Is There No Immunity For The Senate President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.