Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,271 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Rare Photos: Remembering Apartheid In South Africa. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Rare Photos: Remembering Apartheid In South Africa. (9863 Views)

Understand The Israeli – Palestinian Apartheid In 11 Images / PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! / Mozambican man, Emmanuel Sithole Stabbed To Death In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rare Photos: Remembering Apartheid In South Africa. by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 05, 2015
omenka:
Nice collection.

Back then, I used to shed tears whenever I watched the movie Saraphina. Now I feel different.

Thanks bro, that movie is powerful...

Re: Rare Photos: Remembering Apartheid In South Africa. by morpheus24: 7:39pm On May 05, 2015
@ OP

I thank you for this flash backs on the day to day life during the Apatheid era.

It truly sheds light on the mindset of many South Africans which many Africans can't quite grasp yet. It further sheds light on the xenophobia and psychology of the country for both White, black, colored and indian peoples.

The gross similarities between the jim crow era in the United States is remarkable thus they peoples would share similar psychologies but probably in different stages as America has transcended many of its racial hurdles compared to South Africa
Re: Rare Photos: Remembering Apartheid In South Africa. by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 05, 2015
morpheus24:
@ OP

I thank you for this flash backs on the day to day life during the Apatheid era.

It truly sheds light on the mindset of many South Africans which many Africans can't quite grasp yet. It further sheds light on the xenophobia and psychology of the country for both White, black, colored and indian peoples.

The gross similarities between the jim crow era in the United States is remarkable thus they peoples would share similar psychologies but probably in different stages as America has transcended many of its racial hurdles compared to South Africa

Uwc & thanks for the comment bro. Just a bit to remind them how they lived decades ago, how some African countries stood up for them, how some people help them and came to their rescue. They are now seeing these people as enemies, as threats in their homeland. It shouldn't be, we are humans not animal. We should value lives, properties, starting with us, we can make this world a better place for us all. No to Destruction/Killing, No to Racism, No to Xenophobia.
Re: Rare Photos: Remembering Apartheid In South Africa. by morpheus24: 9:08pm On May 05, 2015
Sile12:

Uwc & thanks for the comment bro. Just a bit to remind them how they lived decades ago, how some African countries stood up for them, how some people help them and came to their rescue. They are now seeing these people as enemies, as threats in their homeland. It shouldn't be, we are humans not animal. We should value lives, properties, starting with us, we can make this world a better place for us all. No to Destruction/Killing, No to Racism, No to Xenophobia.

During my time in the US, African foreigners faced this same antagonism from both Whites and the African American populations. AA had a terribly negative perception of Africans because of what they had been taught about the continent and it really was a translation of self hate. Over time the prejudices dwindled as more AA intermingled with second generation Africans who exposed them to their native cultures, tied to the realities of the continent they were exposed to via unconventional media sources.

The US is an immigrant based country which makes it quite unique from other countries with African migrant populations so maybe you can't really compare the two.
Re: Rare Photos: Remembering Apartheid In South Africa. by OohLalah(f): 11:23pm On May 05, 2015
omenka:
Nice collection.

Back then, I used to shed tears whenever I watched the movie Saraphina. Now I feel different.

Nigerians are funny die! Do you think South Africans need your pity or tears? They never even knew you existed let alone shedding tears. The tears were really for you and your family. And i think right now your country needs buckets as it stand right now. Cheap blackmail!
Re: Rare Photos: Remembering Apartheid In South Africa. by tpiadotcom: 5:48am On May 06, 2015
Hehe
Re: Rare Photos: Remembering Apartheid In South Africa. by landinfo: 10:18am On May 08, 2015
OohLalah:

Nigerians are funny die! Do you think South Africans need your pity or tears? They never even knew you existed let alone shedding tears. The tears were really for you and your family. And i think right now your country needs buckets as it stand right now. Cheap blackmail!

As far as Nigerianz are concerned, South Africa is DITCH-HOLE where Nigerianz came to remove the tattered salvaged garmentz, U & your people still put on till today inspite of the Few White dominationz.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hillary Clinton: The Last US President / The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin / US First Lady, Jill Biden Tests Positive For COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.