Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied (4532 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu : Dss Has Resorted To Making A Mockery Of Itself / FG Now Resorted To Bribing Factions In The East To Talk Against Biafra / APC Has Resorted To Intimidation and Civil War Threats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by omonnakoda: 10:32pm On May 04, 2015
Numerous contemporaneous accounts and newspapers from 1970 indicate that many Biafrans started eating human flesh as starvation intensified toward the end of the war. Many Children and other vulnerable people disappeared as desperation increased.

This has been hushed up in Nigeria for long but was widely reported in the international media as a quick search for cannibalim and Biafra will reveal.

This should be a warning to those advocating war.It is no picnic

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1876&dat=19700204&id=ozssAAAAIBAJ&sjid=BswEAAAAIBAJ&pg=7327,619598&hl=en

1 Like

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 04, 2015
HMMMMMM
Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by EdCure: 10:37pm On May 04, 2015
War ain't good.

Humans ain't meat either.

2 Likes

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 04, 2015
After all wad Buhari did to ma people lipsrsealed
I love transformation
I hate "change"
Quote me to blast me and ya will never make it in like

2 Likes

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by omonnakoda: 10:43pm On May 04, 2015
Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by Duru1(m): 10:45pm On May 04, 2015
omonnakoda:
Numerous contemporaneous accounts and newspapers from 1970 indicate that many Biafrans started eating human flesh as starvation intensified toward the end of the war. Many Children and other vulnerable people disappeared as desperation increased.

This has been hushed up in Nigeria for long but was widely reported in the international media as a quick search for cannibalim and Biafra will reveal.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1876&dat=19700204&id=ozssAAAAIBAJ&sjid=BswEAAAAIBAJ&pg=7327,619598&hl=en

I guess you were in Biafra to witness the cannibalism.

2 Likes

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by Strongfaze(m): 10:45pm On May 04, 2015
The truth is: ONLY THE DEAD HAVE SEEN THE END OF WAR!
Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by AustineE1: 10:46pm On May 04, 2015
Like you said it may have been under reported if at all it happened.The beast in people comes out open during wars and Boko haramites whom where reported to have fed on their wives,including Isis in Syria,every tale of war smells ugly.But what baffles me most is when people turn to cannibalism even during normal times,as has been largerly observed in parts of Nigeria,a case in mind is the highly reported Ibadan cannibals and parts of Osun.

2 Likes

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by EdCure: 10:47pm On May 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I love transformation
I hate "change"
LOL! You know I will quote to tell you how much I loathe your idiocy.

You can only make it out of your stagnant condition if you embrace change.

8 Likes

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by omonnakoda: 10:47pm On May 04, 2015
Duru1:

I guess you were in Biafra to witness the cannibalism.
Dende Iku ! Thank god you are here. Tell us what it was like did you eat them raw or roasted?

2 Likes

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by omonnakoda: 10:52pm On May 04, 2015
AustineE1:
Like you said it may have been under reported if at all it happened.The beast in people comes out open during wars and Boko haramites whom where reported to have fed on their wives,including Isis in Syria,every tale of war smells ugly.But what baffles me most is when people turn to cannibalism even during normal times,as has been largerly observed in parts of Nigeria,a case in mind is the highly reported Ibadan cannibals and parts of Osun.
What comess to mind is another fellow Clifford Orji I think he was VietNamese

2 Likes

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 04, 2015
omonnakoda:

where is jankara market ?

i'm quite sure it is located some where in lagos right ?

does jankara synonymous with what ? place of human parts .

1 Like

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by omonnakoda: 11:00pm On May 04, 2015
Go to school, Onye amaru akwukwo

1 Like

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:06pm On May 04, 2015
fake link

1 Like

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 04, 2015
you will fail

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 04, 2015
See where strong head led biafrans to
Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by realjoker(m): 11:14pm On May 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I love transformation
I hate "change"
the fact that sense is common, means that many people are deranged just like you, why are you so obsessed with buhari? Or are you a Gay?
Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by omonnakoda: 11:14pm On May 04, 2015
Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 04, 2015
realjoker:
the fact that sense is common, means that many people are deranged just like you, why are you so obsessed with buhari? Or are you a Gay?
If ama gay I won't support jonathanz regime
U be small boi
Go read ya books
I love transformation
I hate "change"

1 Like

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 04, 2015
shame to you when stories doesn't fly ,

what next ?poison your self .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by realjoker(m): 11:37pm On May 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

If ama gay I won't support jonathanz regime
U be small boi
Go read ya books
I love transformation
I hate "change"
pele, ehya...sorry...take heart. May god grant you the fortitude to bear your grieveance. Oga jona as moved on, why cant you do the same fella?.

1 Like

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by omonnakoda: 11:49pm On May 04, 2015
a

2 Likes

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by AustineE1: 12:04am On May 05, 2015
Op the aim of the thread was not achieved,try better,even your fellow tribal rabid dogs,seems to be avoiding you! Your fo*lishness is now in the open....stop venting your frustration online,the truth is that 'why you are asleep,God chooses those he wants to bless'-bible

2 Likes

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by emmalexabl(m): 12:14am On May 05, 2015
Op..,life could be less miserable for you if you learn to mind ur own biz znd leave BIAFRANs alone.

1 Like

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by Nobody: 12:15am On May 05, 2015
AustineE1:
Op the aim of the thread was not achieved,try better,even your fellow tribal rabid dogs,seems to be avoiding you! Your fo*lishness is now in the open....stop venting your frustration online,the truth is that 'why you are asleep,God chooses those he wants to bless'-bible

LOL. Be lucky this was posted at night.

That war you all crave for, especially in a Yoruba land, I PRAY BY GOD'S GRACE , you will get it as you have wish everyday to on our soil.

I want to see how it feels like eating up yourselves when you are all cramped up in your east outside SW.

2 Likes

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by LAGrejectIBO: 1:15am On May 05, 2015
Maybe not for other tribes, but for Ibos eating humans for meat is a custom, they don't need a war to explain why they eat humans....matter of fact, they viewed the food blockade as a blessing.from above - a privilege to skin and boil fellow nwafors for feast.

1 Like

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by IGBOSON1: 3:25am On May 05, 2015
StBlack1:

LOL. Be lucky this was posted at night.

That war you all crave for, especially in a Yoruba land, I PRAY BY GOD'S GRACE , you will get it as you have wish everyday to on our soil.

I want to see how it feels like eating up yourselves when you are all cramped up in your east outside SW.

^^^Shut up asswipe! You mean people agitating for self-determination are angling for war?

1 Like

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by MeAboki(m): 6:00am On May 05, 2015
LAGrejectIBO:
Maybe not for other tribes, but for Ibos eating humans for meat is a custom, they don't need a war to explain why they eat humans....matter of fact, they viewed the food blockade as a blessing.from above - a privilege to skin and boil fellow nwafors for feast.

LOL, quite true, they almost ate my late grandfather; he was a policeman in the 50's on duty in their region; luckily he escaped, otherwise I wouldn't have ever been born - chai, imagine being part of somebody's lunch, mba Tufiakwa!

2 Likes

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by Nonybb: 6:04am On May 05, 2015
T
Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by kettykin: 6:16am On May 05, 2015
Nice to hear that the same people who starved to death more than 40 years ago are now on top of the nigerian food chain producing best in academic, entertainment, sports, business, banking and now own the major real estate in nigeria while the same people who order the starvation are now tenants, taxi, bus drivers, omonile, gang cultists, area boys, beggars, trolls and noise makers.

God has a way of turning around destinies.

2 Likes

Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by Ruffychuks: 6:51am On May 05, 2015
shey na ur pops dem eat. mehn u gat a degree in stewpidity
Re: Starving Biafrans Resorted To Cannibalism As Food Shortages Intensisfied by Remarkable: 6:59am On May 05, 2015
MeAboki:

LOL, quite true, they almost ate my late grandfather; he was a policeman in the 50's on duty in their region; luckily he escaped, otherwise I wouldn't have ever been born - chai, imagine being part of somebody's lunch, mba Tufiakwa!

You would have been better not to have been born, because technically, you are useless to society.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Pictures From APC Campaign In Akwaibom They Wish U Didn't See / Breaking!!! Karma Catches Up With JJ Omojuwa / Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.