Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,840 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Have U Cried Because Of This Before? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Have U Cried Because Of This Before? (61839 Views)

Edo State Governor Increase The School Fees Of A.a.u Esan People Cried Out / Have U Bathing Or Had Ur bathe .which Is Correct? / Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Osirimononaye(m): 9:55pm On May 06, 2015
On seeing this i ran 3km away from my phone b4, i gather courage to come nd comment geez...cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by lexy2014: 9:55pm On May 06, 2015
charityexplicit:
Do you remember this plant ?
Devil beans...u go scratch your life
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Maximus85(m): 9:55pm On May 06, 2015
charityexplicit:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeepa! I can never forget it lailai. It was when I was still in the village. I went to the farm with my Dad (hym no be full time farmer ooo, an engineer that loves to plant his own food. Just saying) so, on our way back, I saw something like bean pod. I went to pick it to show my dad and ask him what kind of beans it is. Hmmmm. Yall can guess the rest.
I was bathed with palm oil.

1 Like

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by goldenvicky(f): 9:56pm On May 06, 2015
adanduka:
How come I have never seen this?
my dear no be only u ooo
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by thoth: 9:57pm On May 06, 2015
I suffered from this 4 times, first time was December 1974, i was so naive i did not even Know what happened to me, it was itching so badly i thought it was because i knocked over one of sacrifice in the forest and the Oracle has cursed me with itches.

2 Likes

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by simo4real(m): 9:57pm On May 06, 2015
We called it Akirigba in my own language (Igbo)
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by stecman: 9:57pm On May 06, 2015
charityexplicit:
lol, OK na, make it ur friend and enjoy the friendship. In my place it is called inyelekpe

Yes that is what we call it too. Very bad wen dry
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Legendoscar2: 9:58pm On May 06, 2015
Devil beans is satan best invention against the rural man undecided

1 Like

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by fibonacciseries(f): 9:58pm On May 06, 2015
grin grin
Osirimononaye:
On seeing this i ran 3km away from my phone b4, i gather courage to come nd comment geez...cheesy
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by lexy2014: 9:58pm On May 06, 2015
tohpahz:
Which plant is that??
Devil beans. Its meant 4 scratching
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by lepasharon(f): 10:01pm On May 06, 2015
Is that a big ass spider?
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by chimerase2: 10:02pm On May 06, 2015
Oboi if dat plant touches u ma broda believe u me u re gone to LOWDIPER

Well it happened to ma sibling during xmas wen we went to hunt for game in de bush asin kill grasscutter, ma dear de tin touched ma cousin he nearly ran mad h off his cloth evritin omo see race grin
I hv forgotton de name oh kai grin

2 Likes

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by gebest: 10:02pm On May 06, 2015
igerekpe
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Mattpopson101: 10:02pm On May 06, 2015
Im seeing this for the first time.
charityexplicit:
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by dnative(m): 10:03pm On May 06, 2015
Werepe ma so mo o! Eyi to so l'esi baba eni kan o ka, werepe ma so mo o.

3 Likes

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Dennybouy: 10:03pm On May 06, 2015
sylvar02:
make i buy land in case it makes FP...

Nor try near this land...not for sale
pieces of land for sale.. Don't need raw cash jst a swap wit mecerdes E.klass.. Contact me ASAP before the owner go cum bck frm ubth.. That's hw we Roll here in Edo cool
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Akinkanju67(m): 10:04pm On May 06, 2015
Dunsin89:
Go near it jor! It is called the sweet plant. It has sweet seeds
It seed is called Mucuna Beans its highly proteinous
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by weyreypey: 10:05pm On May 06, 2015
ichommy:

You are right

Am in your life to stay
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by chimerase2: 10:05pm On May 06, 2015
Zi:
Agbala in Igbo.

Rubbing red oil stops the itch.
yea u re right

1 Like

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by motherlode: 10:05pm On May 06, 2015
charityexplicit:
lol, OK na, make it ur friend and enjoy the friendship. In my place it is called inyelekpe

. Inyelekpe and werepe sounds alike tho
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Sharmeenator(m): 10:05pm On May 06, 2015
Mr Do-Good will never forgive me for this undecided
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Maranzano(m): 10:06pm On May 06, 2015
Those bean pods hanging on that branch can make any man or woman to strip to the last when it rubs off on the body. It is difficult to endure the irritation. It is a local weapon for biological warfare in the past. A ferocious warrior can be calmly disarmed by those Devil's Beans hanging HARMLESSLY in the bush. If your job takes you the bush, please watch out for those climbers, they easily detach when ripped. If you are unlucky to be close to it on a sunny day when it discharges its seeds by explosive mechanism, you will perform some unconventional dancing steps for onlookers to admire before you find the antidote.

3 Likes

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Akinkanju67(m): 10:07pm On May 06, 2015
kayslimshady:
Yes oooo!
Werepe oo nibikan a n gbaamu gbogbo ara nii fi Joooyan

1 Like

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Jeffoo(m): 10:07pm On May 06, 2015
don't mess with this plant or else.............. you know na
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by mudiana(m): 10:11pm On May 06, 2015
adanduka:
u hv not visited ur village dats why but not too worry ask for it in d market and use it to cook rice and beans.
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by pawesome(m): 10:11pm On May 06, 2015
karara...dt alone cn mk one use 2 gallons f palmoil cz its itches alone is outta dis world...rmembas dose good old days..rubbed it on our teachers sit n table...d moment dt woman strtd itching evrywia,even d teachers around taught she ws mad..since dt day,she turn ice water cz evrywia she goes,na palmoil de acompany her
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by fairprincekenzy(m): 10:13pm On May 06, 2015
adanduka:
Seriously!! Maybe you ve spent ur entire life in the town, or you didn't school in a boarding school.

That litle devil hanging in there is the worst nemesis anyone can ever get

1 Like

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by lexy2014: 10:15pm On May 06, 2015
Mattpopson101:
Im seeing this for the first time.
U never enter bush b that
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 06, 2015
If you don't know it, just pray you don't come in contact with it. This plant will turn you into advance mad person for more than 30 mins before the effect start going down.

Back then, I was cutting down a tree then I notice my neck begin to sratch me. Instead of me to stop I was enduring it till it become unbearable, threw cutlass away running about shouting and combining all dance steps together(azonto, skelewu sekem) grin then I removed my cloth and use palm oil. I did not go near that tree again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Chiefia(m): 10:16pm On May 06, 2015
charityexplicit:
. Confam...! Oma Igala dee?? smiley
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by sacora(f): 10:16pm On May 06, 2015
Hardaysheenar:
....dts d best friend anybody can eva have....dts werepe
best frnd my foot......
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by fairprincekenzy(m): 10:19pm On May 06, 2015
Princessderaa:
No be agbirigba (don't know if I murdered it...Igbo bros make una help me)be Dix?

kai op you remind me of 25th December 2010 wen dix thing scatter my body..

Lemme help u out here nne, some part of Igbo call it Agbala, while some others call it Akuba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bachel Academy, Lagos Where A1 Can Be Bought / Guys, The Nigeria Army Form Is Out, Who Is Interested? / How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.