Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Have U Cried Because Of This Before? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Have U Cried Because Of This Before? (61931 Views)

Edo State Governor Increase The School Fees Of A.a.u Esan People Cried Out / Have U Bathing Or Had Ur bathe .which Is Correct? / Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by realtestament(m): 10:56pm On May 06, 2015
Why are u sounding like government technical skool teacher undecided
hausadreturn:
listen to yourself. Wait, your turn will come.
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by ENGEEZIE(f): 10:56pm On May 06, 2015
It thought me the lesson of my life....The fear of Agbala is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by money121(m): 10:58pm On May 06, 2015
Hmmmmm makei rush share my own story concern dis wicked plant ooo..

On that faithful day.. Na jejeli the plant sitdown ooo.. Me still dy small den.. I think say na groundnut dy inside na em a go plung am...
The tin jus spear for my body.. Na em i start to dy schart body like mad man.. I think say na joke.. Nxt wey i see i don pick race reach house.. And dem dy do one burial for front of our house den.. Ooo boy i carry water and sponge dy bath for outside think say d yee tin go stop.. Dont knw say i dy worsin case.. Na em one guy jus tell me.. Noooo.. Na red oil sure pass.. Na em i rob am all over my body... Doin dis outside ooo
unclad ooo.. Wth my joystick.. Come see laugh dat day..

My mum say atenuje oo ni paa eee...

That is the story of my waree pee ooooo..

4 Likes

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 06, 2015
Jeez...dis tin tot me a lesson I'd neva 4get bac in Jss3...my frnds were sent away frm skul because of fees so I decided to follow dem, next we wnt to someone's farm to get sugarcane...

I cried sotey, evn removed anytn clothing on my body till I bathe wt palm oil...

1 Like

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by fibonacciseries(f): 11:01pm On May 06, 2015
It's called 'werepe' in my town, it can make one dance 'palongo' nakedly. I fear it o. cheesy
Osirimononaye:

hope u've tested it grin grin grin
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 06, 2015
Ahhhhhh, dah plant is dangerous ooo, back in secondary school it dealt with me and my friends. We used to call it 'devils beans' ooh dose gud old days
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by pantless(m): 11:02pm On May 06, 2015
[quote author=Valentinooo post=33432888]What is the English name for this devil?[/quote

It's Faliwerepe in Indian
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by kenoz(m): 11:05pm On May 06, 2015
Eh ! Nettle! I've never cried because of it before, but I've seen people dancing shoki because of it before.
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by 3kay945(m): 11:11pm On May 06, 2015
Old memories flashing back...
I was a good boy so I don't have issue with werepe.... But I remembered some bad guys used it freely after losing a competitive football match.
Eni ori yo o dile. cool

1 Like

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Tundellinium(m): 11:17pm On May 06, 2015
GBOGBONISHEY... it can make a brave man cry like an infant...

I've never encountered it before but from testimonials I can sense it's very dangerous... I don't pray to come across it share but can anyone sell some for me... I'll like to use it one my Manager *that wicked woman*
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by johnsonjosbles(m): 11:22pm On May 06, 2015
Zi:
Agbala in Igbo.

Rubbing red oil stops the itch.
not imediatly my friend! That will be after it must have disgraced u publicly.
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by bluepeables(m): 11:33pm On May 06, 2015
Devil's Beans....WICKED cry.
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by internetpo(m): 11:34pm On May 06, 2015
Never had an experience but heard interesting stories

1 Like

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by keddyluv(f): 11:35pm On May 06, 2015
realtestament:
Back in d days of ma secondary school we call it "DEVIL BEANS" we use it 2 deal wit any teacher dat feels he or she can jux flog us n go scot free grin
Liar undecided

1 Like

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by gmoni2(m): 11:49pm On May 06, 2015
werepe.... lol..dis tin can make a whole babalawo run naked for town..lol
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by MistadeRegal(m): 11:55pm On May 06, 2015
sunkoye:
moment when u cry and pple greet u at a comfortable distance cheesy

Lolz! Bro you mean like an Ebola victim?
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by realtestament(m): 11:57pm On May 06, 2015
Ok
keddyluv:

Liar undecided
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by MistadeRegal(m): 11:59pm On May 06, 2015
The last time I was this was when I went to get some mangoes with my brother and a friend. He hit this with his head and ended up falling off the tree. We didn't know what it was by then till mum reacted only "werepe" could make one itch this extreme.
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by chronique(m): 11:59pm On May 06, 2015
The dreaded devil beans!!! Scratching ur body only makes it worse and it spreads all over. The only solution is rubbing palm oil all over your body. Reminds me of the good old days.
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by major466(m): 12:12am On May 07, 2015
I wish the military could develop a technology that will utilize the properties of this plant and transform it into a weapon for use against boko haram.

1 Like

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by thegideon(m): 12:24am On May 07, 2015
Oyetboy:
Weyreypey!
For you to identify Werepe, u must av lived in d village or remote area, cos u can't find it in urban areas.
Then i guess u are not too young.
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Misternas89(m): 12:32am On May 07, 2015
lepasharon:
Is that a big ass spider?
Nope dearie, it's Big Ass Butterfly. Lmao grin

1 Like

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by tottinova: 12:34am On May 07, 2015
realtestament:
Back in d days of ma secondary school we call it "DEVIL BEANS" we use it 2 deal wit any teacher dat feels he or she can jux flog us n go scot free grin

what secondary school is that
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Misternas89(m): 12:36am On May 07, 2015
Akinkanju67:
Werepe oo nibikan a n gbaamu gbogbo ara nii fi Joooyan
O kare lai Omo yoruba gidi ni oo. O se orire gidi gan tori pe omu ori mi wu faa
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by barinaadaa(m): 12:48am On May 07, 2015
Agbala aka devil beans. I was quite mischievous as a boy, I remember chasing my mates in the neighborhood with it. it was fun until a senior mischief Hamza sneaked behind me and blew it to my face. cry cry cry
walahi! if una see cry n red eye abi na the sand wey I pack full face? I swear marykay & house of Tara dey learn work grin

1 Like

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Alfred234(m): 1:03am On May 07, 2015
osarcho:

and your throat will prefer boiling water to the coffee after drinking it, its soo sweet, its good for entertaining visitors too

Lmao!! grin I pity anybody that ingest this thing. That person will scratch out his/her soul that day.
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Joel23(m): 1:03am On May 07, 2015
OMG.I av used it before on my student teachers back in the secondary school.chai!! d way d stuff dealt with them in d Assemble ground eh!!
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Nobody: 1:20am On May 07, 2015
timpaker:
Back then in FGC Kwali, a junior student dropped that beans on my bedsheet just cuz I forcefully opened his Cabin Biscuit.... After soaking myself in oil at the staf qtrs and came back to the hostel...... I no need to tell una wetin happen to Farook.... The guy use him hand expel himself from that school after days of beating

Chisos! shocked I discard this piece. it can't fit anywhere into the puzzle. grin
Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by obaival(m): 1:20am On May 07, 2015
Mehn dis s agbala as we called it in Igbo,na wahala seed b dat

1 Like

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Lilboots(m): 1:44am On May 07, 2015
MY DEVIL’S BEAN EXPERIENCE BY ADAEZE ZITA IFEJILIMALU
MAY 21, 2013 DAZEETAH

Here is a story that is etched into my memory, taking a space for itself, refusing to go away due to how unique its experience was, to me. I have decided to pen it and share with others for you to learn and digest the comedic value it brings. Enjoy!

As a child, I never believed leaves or plants could make you cry or go crazy until I saw a lady running out of a bush path, crying and screaming while scratching and pulling off her clothes. It was later that I found out what happened, a seed called ‘devil’s bean’ popularly known as ‘werepe’ had clung to her clothes extracting that horrific performance. I never for once pictured myself in that condition until a fateful day in 2009, when NFCS (Nigeria Federation of Catholic Students) had a convention at Niger state. The journey was fun as it usually is with travelling students packed into the same bus, it was filled with jokes, laughter and prayers in unequal but exciting doses.

When we got into Kogi state, everyone begged the driver to stop so that we could hit the bush, to ease ourselves.

On getting down, trust us girls, we went to looking for a private place, hidden from the boys and the road, to do our thing. After carrying out our business, we headed out for the bus. My flay shirt must have rubbed or connected with the bean, because as I got back into the bus and my skirt brushed my legs – my story began to take shape, what felt like sharp little needles were all over my legs. I actually stood, shocked for a moment wondering what in God’s name could be happening.

The pain increased, my palm had gone all sweaty, and when I touched my legs, little hairlike spines were all over my palm.

That was my first mistake! It was like I just intensified the pain. There and then, I remembered my childhood, The Lady and that enigmatic moment when she shredded her clothes – I knew I was in trouble.

Everyone was getting settled so I went to sit down, the pain had worsened because of the heat, so I alerted the people around me. Then, I made the second mistake of rubbing my legs again which intesified the pain, scratching and attendant sore that had become overwhelming on my skin. Someone suggested that I rub vaselin to it, and I applied it when it was offered. This brought more sweat, heightened pain, not just on my legs now but my palms as well.

Then the screaming started, everyone knew that something was wrong at that moment. I changed my skirt and those at the back seat moved out, I was laid on it to get all the fresh air I could on my legs. All I wanted to do was scratch but the more I scratched, the pain increased. Two girls had to hold my hands to stop my thirst for scratching. The president then suggested we look for palmoil – identifying it as an antidote of sort, but for miles, we didn’t find any – so, I kept trying to aim a scratch or two at my legs when the two girls holding relaxed their grips.

We eventually found someone with several gallons of palmoil and the president begged to purchase a very small amount. It was applied to my legs and hands, and the girls that were holding me had to use it too, as it had affected them too. I was able to sleep moments after that and when I woke up, my legs though still tingly felt like mine again. Since that fateful day, I had nursed a phobia for grasses and bushes in heavy doses.

Till date, I have not yet seen the plant that caused me such pain, except in pictures and the vivid recollection of my experince.

Source: https://dazeetah./2013/05/21/my-devils-bean-experience-by-adaeze-zita-ifejilimalu/

1 Like

Re: Have U Cried Because Of This Before? by Nobody: 2:03am On May 07, 2015
chukwubuzor123:
this is one friuth, I call my enemy; at one occassion I ran almost naked in the Bush, If not for the girls, I don't even mind tearing my cloth. That was a long time ago when we went to Fire wood. That is really a Go No Area.
u go fear English na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

If You Didn't Experience Flogging In School, You Are Still A Baby / How A Teacher Flogged & Injured My Cousin At Nsude Seminary School (Graphic) / 12 Things You Won’t Believe Have Proper Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.