Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Why Evil Disproves Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Evil Disproves Atheism (5347 Views)

The Reasons Why Evil Gods Are Currently Being Ridiculed / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Evil Disproves Atheism by malvisguy212: 7:13am On May 05, 2015
As Islamists continue to kill innocents,
they provide more fuel for the oft-made
atheist claim that religion is evil. The deadly attack on France by the islamists
Atheist,Richard Dawkins condemned it by tweeting "No, all religions are NOT equally violent. Some have never been violent, some gave it up centuries ago. One religion conspicuously didn't."

Dawkins is right that some religions and
religious people have consistently
perpetrated evil. Atheists often use this
fact to support atheism. However, the
existence of evil turns out to be a bigger
problem for atheists to explain than for
theists. The kind of evil Dawkins and the
rest of the civilized world abhor doesn't
disprove God it disproves atheism.

While it's commonly thought that only
theists have to explain the existence of
evil, the truth is every worldview does.
Eastern pantheistic religions try to get
around the problem by denying that evil even exists. Evil is an illusion, they say (and according to them, so are you!).
Theists say evil is real and try to explain
how evil and God can coexist. Atheists
tend to be caught in the middle. In one
breath they are claiming there is no
good, evil or justice because only material things exist—we are just
material molecular machines "dancing to the music" of our DNA (as Dawkins
himself put it). In the next breath they
are outraged at the great injustices and
evil done by religious people in the
name of God.

Well, atheists can't have it both ways.
Either evil exists or it doesn't. If it doesn't exist, then atheists should stop
complaining about the "evil" things
religious people have done because they haven't really done any. They've just been "dancing to the music" of their
DNA. If atheism is true, all behaviors are merely a matter of preference anyway.

On the other hand, if evil actually does
exist, then atheists have an even bigger
problem. The existence of evil actually
establishes the existence of God.

To explain why, we need to go back to
Augustine who puzzled over the following argument:

1. God created all things.
2. Evil is a thing.
3. Therefore, God created evil.

How could a good God create evil? If
those first two premises are true, He did, and this is a God problem. So God must not be good after all. But then Augustine realized that the second premise is not true. While evil is real, it's not a "thing." Evil doesn't exist on its own. It only exists as a lack or a deficiency in a good thing.

Evil is like rust in a car: If you take all of
the rust out of a car, you have a better
car; if you take the car out of the rust,
you have nothing. g. In other words, evil only makes sense against the backdrop of good. That's why we often describe evil as negations of good things. We say someone is immoral, unjust,
unfair, dishonest, etc.

We could put it this way: The shadows
prove the sunshine. There can be
sunshine without shadows, but there
can't be shadows without sunshine. In
other words, there can be good without
evil, but there can't be evil without good.

So evil can't exist unless good exists. But
good can't exist unless God exists. In
other words, there can be no objective
evil unless there is objective good, and
there can be no objective good unless
God exists. If evil is real as the recent
headlines from France plainly reveal
then God exists. The best evil can do is
show there's a devil out there, but it can't disprove God. The very existence of evil boomerangs back to show that God exists.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by dalaman: 7:54am On May 05, 2015
If ye will still abide in this land, then will I build you, and not pull you down, and I will plant you, and not pluck you up: for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you. Jeremiah 42:10

Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it? Amos 3:6

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Some times the OP needs to read his bible.

6 Likes

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by johnydon22(m): 8:36am On May 05, 2015
Actually its quite the reverse... the existence of evil contradicts the existence of a god.

[size=20] Is god willing to stop evil but not able then he is not omnipotent

if he is able but not willing then he is malevolent

if he is both able and willing, then whence come evil?

if he is neither able nor willing then why call him god [/size]epicurus

without religion you will have good people doing good and bad people doing bad.

it takes religion to make good people do bad things with every cheerfulness... Op you just brought another good point to disprove your godwink

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by johnydon22(m): 8:42am On May 05, 2015
malvisguy212:

show there's a devil out there, but it can't disprove God. The very existence of evil boomerangs back to show that God exists.

Evil and good are both human concepts and have nothing to do with a deity..

this is like saying, hot cant exist without cold, and cold cant exist without god... it is a very wrong and laughable analogy.

these are both human concepts that are dependant on each other for meaning because they negate each other.

hot cannot exist without cold and same way cold cannot exist without hot

concept of evil cannot exist without good, same way concept of good cannot exist without evil smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by johnydon22(m): 8:45am On May 05, 2015
dalaman:
If ye will still abide in this land, then will I build you, and not pull you down, and I will plant you, and not pluck you up: for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you. Jeremiah 42:10

Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it? Amos 3:6

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

that is if the theist was talking in the christian concept of god, but he didn't quote bible so i take it that he is begging for any god at all to be the dependent foundation for morality.

speaking of which the bible god doesnt pass... lol

4 Likes

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by johnydon22(m): 9:15am On May 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
As Islamists continue to kill innocents,
they provide more fuel for the oft-made
atheist claim that religion is evil. The deadly attack on France by the islamists
Atheist,Richard Dawkins condemned it by tweeting "No, all religions are NOT equally violent. Some have never been violent, some gave it up centuries ago. One religion conspicuously didn't."

Dawkins is right that some religions and
religious people have consistently
perpetrated evil. Atheists often use this
fact to support atheism. However, the
existence of evil turns out to be a bigger
problem for atheists to explain than for
theists. The kind of evil Dawkins and the
rest of the civilized world abhor doesn't
disprove God it disproves atheism.
On a first note your analogy of atheists using evil perpetrated by religions to support atheism is a big junk of fat lies born out of assumptive sentiment. Atheist tend to disagree with religions based on the evils perpetrated by them while professing good. Just exactly same way you NL christians and muslims point out the evils in your religions.

malvisguy212:

While it's commonly thought that only
theists have to explain the existence of
evil, the truth is every worldview does.
Eastern pantheistic religions try to get
around the problem by denying that evil even exists. Evil is an illusion, they say (and according to them, so are you!).
Theists say evil is real and try to explain
how evil and God can coexist. Atheists
tend to be caught in the middle. In one
breath they are claiming there is no
good, evil or justice
because only material things exist—we are just
himself put it). In the next breath they
are outraged at the great injustices and
evil done by religious people in the
name of God.
Actually the concept of good and evil is dependent on each other.
@bolded is another example of theist morality(lying to make a point) good, evil and justice are all human concepts (concepts means ideas). and ideas are product of human mind. . so evil, justice and the rest are subjective to human meaning.
(quoting dawkin bears no weight because dawkin airs his own opinion and not mine or others.)
malvisguy212:

Well, atheists can't have it both ways.
Either evil exists or it doesn't. If it doesn't exist, then atheists should stop
complaining about the "evil" things
religious people have done because they haven't really done any. They've just been "dancing to the music" of their
DNA. If atheism is true, all behaviors are merely a matter of preference anyway.
Their is nothing like both ways. .as long as evil and good remains a human concept it is easy to discern actions that falls within them therefore atheists attacking religious evils (even tho not only atheist because different religions attack other religious evils too) only means they are attacking evil masked in the name of good. . . E.g; Killing a heretic during the crusades is good according to christians then, but to a human killing another human is wrong therefore it is right for you to point out this evil portrayed as good by a religion.
malvisguy212:

On the other hand, if evil actually does
exist, then atheists have an even bigger
problem. The existence of evil actually
establishes the existence of God.
Evil is a concept therefore for evil to help you prove your god then you must agree your god is a concept (idea) which is what atheists have been yapping since.

malvisguy212:

To explain why, we need to go back to
Augustine who puzzled over the following argument:

1. God created all things.
2. Evil is a thing.
3. Therefore, God created evil.

How could a good God create evil? If
those first two premises are true, He did, and this is a God problem. So God must not be good after all. But then Augustine realized that the second premise is not true. While evil is real, it's not a "thing." Evil doesn't exist on its own. It only exists as a lack or a deficiency in a good thing.

Evil is like rust in a car: If you take all of
the rust out of a car, you have a better
car; if you take the car out of the rust,
you have nothing. g. In other words, evil only makes sense against the backdrop of good. That's why we often describe evil as negations of good things. We say someone is immoral, unjust,
unfair, dishonest, etc.
Like above good and evil are concepts of humans. . if you conceive and recognize giving a poor man a coin is good, then stealing a coin from the poor man exactly negates the action of giving. . So good and bad are dependent on each other because both concepts negates the other.

malvisguy212:

We could put it this way: The shadows
prove the sunshine. There can be
sunshine without shadows, but there
can't be shadows without sunshine. In
other words, there can be good without
evil, but there can't be evil without good.

from the beginning of this post you have been going around the same thing, wonder why it turned out to be too long..

Evil and good are both human concepts and have nothing to do with a
deity..
this is like saying, hot cant exist without cold, and cold cant exist without
god... it is a very wrong and laughable analogy.
these are both human concepts that are dependant on each other for
meaning because they negate each other.
concept of evil cannot exist without good, same way concept of good
cannot exist without evili

5 Likes

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by malvisguy212: 9:43am On May 05, 2015
johnydon22:

Evil and good are both human concepts and have nothing to do with a deity..

this is like saying, hot cant exist without cold, and cold cant exist without hot... it is a very wrong and laughable analogy.

these are both human concepts that are dependant on each other for meaning because they negate each other.

concept of evil cannot exist without good, same way concept of good cannot exist without evil smiley
atheists cannot even get of the ground,you said evil has noting to do with God, dalaman provide evidence saying God is the author of evil.who are we to believe? Does evil exist? Evil is immaterial, did science proved that evil is a concept by man?

1 Like

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by johnydon22(m): 9:48am On May 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
atheists cannot even get of the ground,you said evil has noting to do with God, dalaman provide evidence saying God is the author of evil.who are we to believe?
He doesnt even see the sarcasm in dalamans post. . . he is taunting you by telling your god made evil as said in the bible..grin

But seriously your god is the author of evil? Now thats not the type of god i will like to conceive... Being the author of evil makes him less moral than the most evil human i can think of. . smiley
malvisguy212:

Does evil exist? Evil is immaterial, did science proved that evil is a concept by man?
Am not even sure you know the meaning of a concept.

Evil is a concept and concepts are conceived in the mind. . . Can you give us one example of evil??
wink

4 Likes

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by malvisguy212: 10:00am On May 05, 2015
dalaman:

Amos3:6 and isaiah 45:7 this thread answer the question https://www.nairaland.com/2035915/did-god-create-evil-does

Concerning jerimaih42:10 it was the king James that translated repent,the verses above, and others, come from the Hebrew Old Testament. The word translated "repented" is the Hebrew verb nâcham (Strong's H5162). It
has a number of meanings, including "to be sorry," "console oneself," "repent," "regret," and "be comforted." The actual meaning intended is determined from the context. For example, the King James version translates Genesis 6:6 as "And it repented the LORD that he had made
man on the earth, and it grieved him at
his heart." The New American Standard
translates the verse as "The LORD was
sorry that He had made man on the
earth, and He was grieved in His heart."

The King James English
translation uses archaic English
that didn't have the same
meaning 400 years ago as it
does now. So, the archaic
translations indicating that God
"repented" really indicated that
God was sorry or "changed His mind."
Since God never sins, He has no need of
repentance. Some skeptics have pointed
out that an omniscient God should never
change His mind, since He always should
know what was going to happen. In
reality, God never changes His mind, but
warns rebellious people to give them the
opportunity to change their minds before
He judges them.
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/does_god_repent.html
Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by malvisguy212: 10:02am On May 05, 2015
johnydon22:
He doesnt even see the sarcasm in dalamans post. . . he is taunting you by telling your god made evil as said in the bible..grin

Am not even sure you know the meaning of a concept.

Evil is a concept and concepts are conceived in the mind. . . Can you give us one example of evil??
wink
smh
Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by johnydon22(m): 10:04am On May 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
Amos3:6 and isaiah 45:7 this thread answer the question https://www.nairaland.com/2035915/did-god-create-evil-does

Concerning jerimaih42:10 it was the king James that translated repent,the verses above, and others, come from the Hebrew Old Testament. The word translated "repented" is the Hebrew verb nâcham (Strong's H5162). It
has a number of meanings, including "to be sorry," "console oneself," "repent," "regret," and "be comforted." The actual meaning intended is determined from the context. For example, the King James version translates Genesis 6:6 as "And it repented the LORD that he had made

The King James English
He judges them.

repent, to be sorry for, to change your mind all means the same thing. . . to be sorry for your sins means to repent of your sins... smiley its still the same..

I thought your god doesnt change in the first place? wink

5 Likes

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by johnydon22(m): 10:05am On May 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
smh

Please just give us one example of evil...?

is evil an action or an entity? wink

1 Like

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by malvisguy212: 10:10am On May 05, 2015
johnydon22:

repent, to be sorry for, to change your mind all means the same thing. . .
I thought your god doesnt change in the first place? wink
click the link I paste and read.

Curl from the link you fail to read;

God's omniscience does not mean that God changes His character to pretend that everything is fine when human beings sin. For example, in Genesis 6:6, the Lord was sorry because of the rampant sin that mankind had fallen into. So, even though God knew what was going to happen, He was sad that human beings were thinking only about how to sin more and more. We basically have the same reaction to our own children. We grieve when they make bad choices, although if we had it to do over, we would still have brought them into the world.
What about instances where God
"changed His mind?" Shouldn't one
expect that an omniscient God would
never have to change His mind? If we
examine the verses where God "changes
His mind" we find in every instance that
either the people themselves or a
spokesman for the people repents of the sin that was going on. For example, God sent Jonah to the city of Nineveh to warn them that they were going to fall under His judgment. If God had never intended to "change His mind" He would have never sent the reluctant Jonah to the city. In fact, God had to go to extreme lengths to get Jonah to go, and Jonah was ultimately very unhappy when Assyrians repented and God did not destroy them all. So, God really didn't change His mind, but was giving the people a chance to repent of their evil ways in order to avoid judgment. In some instances the people repented and were spared, and in other instances they continued to rebel and were destroyed. So, God's purpose in warning people of impending judgment was get them to change their minds.
Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by johnydon22(m): 10:14am On May 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
click the link I paste and read.

Curl from the link you fail to read;

God's omniscience does not mean that God changes His character to pretend that everything is fine when human beings sin. For example, in Genesis 6:6, the Lord was sorry because of the rampant sin that mankind had fallen into. So, even though God knew what was going to happen, He was sad that human beings were thinking only about how to sin more and more. We basically have the same reaction to our own children. We grieve when they make bad choices, although if we had it to do over, we would still have brought them into the world.
What about instances where God
"changed His mind?" Shouldn't one
expect that an omniscient God would
never have to change His mind? If we
examine the verses where God "changes
His mind" we find in every instance that
either the people themselves or a
spokesman for the people repents of the sin that was going on. For example, God sent Jonah to the city of Nineveh to warn them that they were going to fall under His judgment. If God had never intended to "change His mind" He would have never sent the reluctant Jonah to the city. In fact, God had to go to extreme lengths to get Jonah to go, and Jonah was ultimately very unhappy when Assyrians repented and God did not destroy them all. So, God really didn't change His mind, but was giving the people a chance to repent of their evil ways in order to avoid judgment. In some instances the people repented and were spared, and in other instances they continued to rebel and were destroyed. So, God's purpose in warning people of impending judgment was get them to change their minds.

And this shows god never knew if the people of Nineveh would repent or not, because from the bolded you clearly shows he was given them a chance to...doesnt know if they will or will not..

hence the first plan to destroy them which changed due to their repentance. . . and an omnipotent god should have been well aware from the very on set there since he is not didn't know, he changed his mind then he is not omnipotent smiley

5 Likes

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by malvisguy212: 10:20am On May 05, 2015
johnydon22:

Please just give us one example of evil...?

is evil an action or an entity? wink
The Bible says that the presence of evil is due to the spiritual component of our
nature - something the animals do not
possess. God endowed His spiritual
creatures (humans and angels) with free
will to love God or oppose Him.

I remember one incident I read on the internet ;On April 20, 1999, two high school students, in a carefully planned attack, killed 12 students and one teacher and wounded 23 others before killing themselves at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado. The targets of the attack were athletes and Christians. After shooting and throwing bombs on the campus and hallways, they headed for the cafeteria, where they continued their rampage. Then they went into the library, where they continued shooting and throwing bombs at the students, who were attempting to hide under desks and behind the stacks of books. Students were picked out and
threatened, with many pleading for their lives as they were gunned down.
The bible say in revelation12:11
And they overcame him because of the
blood of the Lamb and because of the
word of their testimony, and THEY DID NOT LOVE THEIR LIFE EVEN TO DEATH.
(Revelation 12:11)

Hitler killed 6million Jews , where did this idea come from? Concept? I pity for you my friend.
Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by johnydon22(m): 10:23am On May 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
The Bible says that the presence of evil is due to the spiritual component of our
nature - something the animals do not
possess. God endowed His spiritual
creatures (humans and angels) with free
will to love God or oppose Him.

I remember one incident I read on the internet ;On April 20, 1999, two high school students, in a carefully planned attack, killed 12 students and one teacher and wounded 23 others before killing themselves at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado. The targets of the attack were athletes and Christians. After shooting and throwing bombs on the campus and hallways, they headed for the cafeteria, where they continued their rampage. Then they went into the library, where they continued shooting and throwing bombs at the students, who were attempting to hide under desks and behind the stacks of books. Students were picked out and
threatened, with many pleading for their lives as they were gunned down.
The bible say in revelation12:11
And they overcame him because of the
blood of the Lamb and because of the
word of their testimony, and THEY DID NOT LOVE THEIR LIFE EVEN TO DEATH.
(Revelation 12:11)

Hitler killed 6million Jews , where did this idea come from? Concept? I pity for you my friend.

habaaaa a very simple question, one example of evil and i get a long copy and paste that is not even within the context...

Cant you give one example of something you consider evil.

Now since clearly you are giving hitlers holocaust as an example which is a very nice example of evil..

Now can you tell me; How where you able to discern it was evil?

(please for crying out loud stop the copy and paste and make your answers snappy and tactful like mine...)

5 Likes

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by malvisguy212: 10:28am On May 05, 2015
johnydon22:

habaaaa a very simple question, one example of evil and i get a long copy and paste that is not even within the context...

Now since clearly you are giving hitlers holocaust as an example which is a very nice example of evil..

you are making your self and atheism look evil and heartless,hitler killed 6million Jews to you it wasn't an evil but a concept,seriously? Is this what atheism teaches you? I nod my head for you.
Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by malvisguy212: 10:31am On May 05, 2015
johnydon22:

(please for crying out loud stop the copy and paste and make your answers snappy and tactful like mine...)
if evil is a concept, then whenever a disaster befalls mankind, God has nothing to do with it, it was a concept, agree?

1 Like

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by johnydon22(m): 10:33am On May 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
you are making your self and atheism look evil and heartless,hitler killed 6million Jews to you it wasn't an evil but a concept,seriously? Is this what atheism teaches you? I nod my head for you.

Lmao one problem with you is that you lack common simple comprehension... HERE IS MY WORDS
Now since clearly you are giving hitlers holocaust as an example which is a
very nice example of evil..
everyone reading this will see i said it hitlers holocaust is evil, now you are saying another thing different from what i said.. please i beg you, stop the straw man and stop misrepresenting my questions.sad

My question was simple; How were you able to recognize hilters action as evil

2 Likes

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by johnydon22(m): 10:35am On May 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
if evil is a concept, then whenever a disaster befalls mankind, God has nothing to do with it, it was a concept, agree?

Lmao am sure you dont know what a concept is that is what we are seeing here.

Evil is a concept means that it takes a mind to recognize that which negates good therefore is evil. . .

@bolded first prove your god before attributing any event to it.. wink

5 Likes

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by malvisguy212: 10:38am On May 05, 2015
johnydon22:

Lmao one problem with you is that you lack common simple comprehension... HERE IS MY WORDS everyone reading this will see i said it hitlers holocaust is evil, now you are saying another thing different from what i said.. please i beg you, stop the straw man and stop misrepresenting my questions.sad

My question was simple; How were you able to recognize hilters action as evil
ok. I gave you an example of hitler but you are not satisfied, you keep on insisting.so hitler killed 6million Jews and to you it was a concept? How?
Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by johnydon22(m): 10:41am On May 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
ok. I gave you an example of hitler but you are not satisfied, you keep on insisting.so hitler killed 6million Jews and to you it was a concept? How?
I am not insisting cus i agree that hitlers ACTIONS were evil and i have my reasons for this...it was pure evil. . You can go ahead and ask me how i recognize hitlers actions to be evil and i will gladly answer that not dodge it like you..

Concept means it takes a mind to recognized that which is good or evil..

My question was; How did you recognize hitlers actions as evil? (what are your reasons or criteria from whence you recognize actions as good/evil)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by malvisguy212: 10:44am On May 05, 2015
johnydon22:

Lmao am sure you dont know what a concept is that is what we are seeing here.

Evil is a concept means that it takes a mind to recognize that which negates good therefore is evil. . .

@bolded first prove your god before attributing any event to it.. wink
read the op one more time. we are just
himself put it). Right?
Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by johnydon22(m): 10:49am On May 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
read the op one more time. we are just
himself put it). Right?
Like i always say; Morality and immorality are all human because it takes human actions and mind to recognize. No one is inherently good or evil, your actions makes it discernable. . if it is evil or good.

Dawkins himself put it what is my business with that? am i Dawkins?. . Dawkins ideologies are not mine same way mine are not his. . .

If you studied chemistry you would understand what a molecule means.

Humans are biological entities....

My question remains; How do you recognize actions as evil and good?
Is this not from your mind based on empathy and compassion or is it from the bible?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by plaetton: 11:36am On May 05, 2015
Lol@op

The following argument proves that the Invisible Pink Unicorn exists.

1. The Pink Unicorn is Pink.
2. Pink is a well known color that exists.
3. Therefore, The Invisible Pink Unicorn is well known to exist.

8 Likes

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by johnydon22(m): 11:40am On May 05, 2015
plaetton:
Lol@op

The following argument proves that the Invisible Pink Unicorn exists.

1. The Pink Unicorn is Pink.
2. Pink is a well known color that exists.
3. Therefore, The Invisible Pink Unicorn is well known to exist.

Without the pink invisible unicorn, from whence cometh pink? grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by dalaman: 11:43am On May 05, 2015
malvisguy212:

The King James English
He judges them.

Do you feel sorry or regret when you do good to people? You only regret your actions and feel sorry after offending people and doing them bad. That according to the bible was what God did. He did bad and felt sorry (regretted his action).

2 Likes

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by plaetton: 12:25pm On May 05, 2015
johnydon22:

Without the pink invisible unicorn, from whence cometh pink? grin

I wonder oo.
wink

1 Like

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by frank317: 1:06pm On May 05, 2015
malvisguy212:

Oh please... I feel so embarrassed reading your posts. Sooo off point.

What do u mean by he is insisting? Insisting on what? Why is it hard for you to make sense of what he is saying.

Go back and read your op and see the senselessness in it. Evil exists so your God exist... And someone is making you understand that evil is a concept. Its a word we use to describe and undesired hurtful act meted on us or to others by our fellow humans. It is not a being or an object. Now how can the presence of this concept prove your God exists? Is your God a concept too?

Isn't it funny that you guys are trying so hard to establish that your almigthy God that created the whole world, the God of Abraham that sent his only son to die for us exists?

How can a being have all these attributes yet proving his existence only has to do with feelings and manipulation of words. Now u are using evil to proof your all loving God.

Me think the presence of evil should make u see he does not exist.

If your God cannot prove himself to anyone.... Then perhaps he does not want to be seen. Ya all should leave the poor guy alone instead of making a mockery of him in the name of trying to prove his existence like he is crippled up there in heaven.

Pls what exactly is the purpose of believing God exists? How does that change anything?

9 Likes

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by plaetton: 1:23pm On May 05, 2015
malvisguy212:

Was the biblical Joshua evil ?
He coveted, invaded, burnt, looted and genocided the people of Jericho all in one o.rg.y of violence.
Was he evil or not ?

Also, kindly tell us if animals are capable of, or impervious to evil.
Which animals you think are evil, and which do you think are not ?

6 Likes

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by wordcat(m): 3:11pm On May 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
smh
Don't shake your head yet until you give us just ONE example of evil please.

1 Like

Re: Why Evil Disproves Atheism by johnydon22(m): 3:45pm On May 05, 2015
wordcat:

Don't shake your head yet until you give us just ONE example of evil please.

He already did but he is now dodging from telling us why he finds it to be evil.. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking / Atheists are zombies / "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.