Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,132 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Don't Know Why My Boyfriend Doesnt Trust Me! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Know Why My Boyfriend Doesnt Trust Me! (2890 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / Know Why Ladies Do Not Shave Their Private Part / What Do I Give My Boyfriend On His Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Know Why My Boyfriend Doesnt Trust Me! by hazzzel: 4:15pm On Feb 05, 2009
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
Hi Nairalanders!
I hope you can help me with this one. I have known my boyfriend for 6 months now and weve been dating for about 3months. He doesnt trust me eventhough i havent done anything. When i asked him why he didnt trust me he couldnt give me an answer. My best friend who is a guy thinks its because i dont reassure him enough and because i dont "nag". I cant nag over little things like him not calling back eventhough he said he would or him not calling me twice a day. According to my friend that might be a sign of not caring!!
The other day i was with my boyfriend i got a call from a private nr which i purposely didnt pick up. From his facial expression i could tell that he thought i was acting suspicious. I immediately told him that it must have been the telemarketers but he didnt say a word.

I am trying hard but i dont know what else to do. Any suggestions?
Re: Don't Know Why My Boyfriend Doesnt Trust Me! by ayeesha: 4:27pm On Feb 05, 2009
are you sure you`ve NEVER given him cause not to trust you?
Re: Don't Know Why My Boyfriend Doesnt Trust Me! by touchmeder: 4:29pm On Feb 05, 2009
My best friend who is a guy thinks its ,

that could just be it ohhhhhhhh lipsrsealed wink

1 Like

Re: Don't Know Why My Boyfriend Doesnt Trust Me! by vodka(f): 4:46pm On Feb 05, 2009
are you in love with him? if so then you being jealous is kinda normal(not leechy jealous but a little eeky if he does something like not call back or pay you enuf attention) well it cld be that or he's just plain insecure or maybe he's had some bad experience with girls and thinks you'd do the same to him. try to undstand him, you're the one dating him not us undecided
Re: Don't Know Why My Boyfriend Doesnt Trust Me! by JJYOU: 4:54pm On Feb 05, 2009
insecurity. if you want him to trust you throw your phone away
Re: Don't Know Why My Boyfriend Doesnt Trust Me! by hazzzel: 5:07pm On Feb 05, 2009
thx for ur replies so far.

I am 100percent sure that i havent done anything for him not to trust him e.g. kissing, flirting, giving out my nr, sex etc.

@touchmender, my best friend is in nigeria, while i am in london so there is nothing goin on there cheesy

he doesnt open up to me, so even when there is something that bothers him he rathers keeps it bottled up which i hate. i have confronted him on several occasions but his response is always "there is nothing, dont worry about it".

He lives an hour away from london and i study in london. He asked me if i told my friends about us and i told him only my 2 best friends on campus. Once again i could read from his bodylanguage that he wasnt happy with that answer. I immediately added that i wont go around campus advertising our relationship but at the same time im not hiding it. If someone should ask i will def admit it but if nobody asks why talk about it. Am i wrong for that? Could this be part of him not trusting me?
Re: Don't Know Why My Boyfriend Doesnt Trust Me! by ElNino4: 5:16pm On Feb 05, 2009
Being jealous is seen as a healthy sign that he cares about you enough to be bothered.

Trust is something that is built, 3 months is not enough time to trust someone, the more issues you both have over the years (and this is hoping you stay with each other that long) it builds an automatic bond which allows either party to puff up your chest and say "nah i trust him/her they wouldnt do this and that to me". This belief is one that grows with time.

Just keep on being you, as long as he doesnt act in a rash manner. You should be aight!

By the way, i dont blame him. Una london gyals too dey look anoda man BMW and tins wink
Re: Don't Know Why My Boyfriend Doesnt Trust Me! by LIMUEL(m): 1:31am On Feb 06, 2009
Trust is earned
Re: Don't Know Why My Boyfriend Doesnt Trust Me! by angelina08(f): 10:21am On Feb 06, 2009
See if your ways are not pure, that is when a man will start suspecting you.

Always tell him the truth, let your yes be yes, that will help in developing trust in him.
Re: Don't Know Why My Boyfriend Doesnt Trust Me! by ariblaze(m): 10:48am On Feb 06, 2009
insecurity. . . . .no matter how hard men want to form

the first few in a relationship with a lady you feel for, this phase occurs

but , it should pass pretty soon , if it doesnt then wahala

it might lead to an abusive relationship

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Love And Exploitation In The Name Of Love? / I Don't Date Nigerian Man? / What Are The Major Turn Offs And/or Turn Ons You Have For The Opposite Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.