Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( (36090 Views)

8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. / Married With Kids But Deeply In Love With Another Lady / I Just Started A Family! My Wedding Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by justi4jesu(f): 7:25am On May 07, 2015
shirazlova:
Im a regular contributor here on Nairaland but have had to create a new profile for the sake of being anonymous wink

My problem is that all my life I've struggled to make or maintain female friendships due to one reason or another. Distance, change of location, falling out/unresolved conflict, jealousy, fake friends etc.. It's something I'm ashamed of and I often feel sad that I don't have my clique of friends especially now that I'm about getting married. It saddens me that at this time of my life where I'm supposed to be joyous and be surrounded by girlfriends helping me with wedding preparations, choosing a dress etc, I have no one to call on. I've had to shop for my dress alone which was quite a depressing experience. Everytime my parents or aunties ask of my friends I come up with one story or another or just change the topic completely.

My fiancée is very much aware of my lack of friends but he's not bothered by it at all. I'm in my early/mid twenties and I feel so saddened to see other girls my age with lots of girlfriends. I have a big family however most of my cousins are male.

How do I go about doing my wedding with no bridesmaids whatsoever! It'll be such a mortifying experience for my wedding guests and family members to notice I have no friends.
What do I do about this?
I'd appreciate matured responses pls.

@OP go and watch this movie "The wedding Ringer 2015" cheesy cheesy cheesy you will know how to get your bridesmaids.
Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by Zellie: 7:25am On May 07, 2015
I don't have female friends either, too much drama. I wouldn't need a bridal train BTW, just a bridesmaid( maybe ), not a fan of big weddings

1 Like

Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by Austin4lif: 7:25am On May 07, 2015
By all indication u are troublesome. You must not keep close friends but be socialize. Join social groups like church activities. As people commented, go and join church groups or are u beefing with the pastor ? Don't be Timid, don't look down on ur self, make friends and relate with people.

4 Likes

Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by deloon(m): 7:26am On May 07, 2015
Muhylonaire:
go gather maami water na
plus all your enemies.
university of okponsu!!!
that isolated life of yours

come my school come carry winch do bridemaids

Just imagine your life; upcoming Yoruba rapper. Na so you wan take be star? You better acquire a brain.
Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by MznAirA(f): 7:28am On May 07, 2015
PM me pls, your location and the number of ladies u need. Let's start from there
Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by Lionhearted: 7:28am On May 07, 2015
It is really not necessary that you have a large bridal train...

My sis did hers with cousins and nieces...

And beware of wolves in sheep's clothing...they might just snatch your husband. Desperate time things. I can see you have volunteers already here on Nairaland. Profile dp's, posts apparently revealed some can do just anything.
Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by icewarmer(m): 7:29am On May 07, 2015
Then let her call the "Wedding Ringer"
Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by timilehing(m): 7:30am On May 07, 2015
Is this something to be ashamed of? Or post with unknown moniker? Some people sha. You're too secretive, no body will be friends with the likes of you!

2 Likes

Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by ErepaTV: 7:30am On May 07, 2015
Change your ways

4 Likes

Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by anthoniaz(f): 7:31am On May 07, 2015
@Op, you can tell any of your cousins or sisters to help you with girls.To be frank with you, you won't bother on your wedding day when you will be busy dancing. grin

It was my younger sister that organised girls(bridesmaids)for me.I lamented just as you are lamenting now but could you believe I didn't bother that day.The hall was full with invitees of my parents and in-laws.I never invited people, the bulk sms I sent were to numbers my parents gave me and it was also them that sent out invitation cards.It's better to be without friends than to be surrounded with parasitic, self centred and jealous friends. wink

I once attended a wedding where there were no bridesmaids, just maid of honour and best man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by bueze046(m): 7:31am On May 07, 2015
say ur location then drop ur contact and Internet will handle the rest...interested girls call 046........
Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by guardian09(m): 7:31am On May 07, 2015
shirazlova:
Im a regular contributor here on Nairaland but have had to create a new profile for the sake of being anonymous wink

My problem is that all my life I've struggled to make or maintain female friendships due to one reason or another. Distance, change of location, falling out/unresolved conflict, jealousy, fake friends etc.. It's something I'm ashamed of and I often feel sad that I don't have my clique of friends especially now that I'm about getting married. It saddens me that at this time of my life where I'm supposed to be joyous and be surrounded by girlfriends helping me with wedding preparations, choosing a dress etc, I have no one to call on. I've had to shop for my dress alone which was quite a depressing experience. Everytime my parents or aunties ask of my friends I come up with one story or another or just change the topic completely.

My fiancée is very much aware of my lack of friends but he's not bothered by it at all. I'm in my early/mid twenties and I feel so saddened to see other girls my age with lots of girlfriends. I have a big family however most of my cousins are male.

How do I go about doing my wedding with no bridesmaids whatsoever! It'll be such a mortifying experience for my wedding guests and family members to notice I have no friends.
What do I do about this?
I would first of all congratulate you, but then as you may have noticed this reminds some posters as well as me about "Wedding Ringer" starring Kevin Hart"
Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by BrutusOj(m): 7:32am On May 07, 2015
the joy u wu get from ur true close pals on ur special day can never be same with a rented pals. The way and manner ur real pals wu rally around you can't be same with people who are just there for *acting* sake. This is where guys are so unique in friendship,no matter d beef,we go stil fall back together tight like never before,ladies' ego n pride is too much for my liking

3 Likes

Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by spenca: 7:33am On May 07, 2015
My sisters are cute ,you can rent them , they are quick learners and talkers so they will serve you a cooked well story and your audience/guest , it's for a token , DM if you interested.
Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by Muhylonaire(m): 7:35am On May 07, 2015
deloon:

Just imagine your life; upcoming Yoruba rapper. Na so you wan take be star? You better acquire a brain.
if I no get brain I go type this

was only joking, u know how nairaland is now, people must laugh
Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by Petra23(f): 7:36am On May 07, 2015
Op me is havin same problem as you.i hardly give friends that time by hanging out once in a while or paying them a visit as well.during ma school days and service year,they would always come around. but at some point,they gt tired of me not doing same and so stopd visiting or calling as well.although i neva had misundstandin with any,ts just that i'm not the outgoing kinda girl and that is making them feel i dnt regard them as friends.well,you can look around your neigbourhood for gurls that would partake in the girlie tinx u nid.as for me,since marriage isn't so soon,wl start working on ma rlationshp with ma girls.sometymx tx fun with dem around.

2 Likes

Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by zeekz(m): 7:40am On May 07, 2015
Op I don't know when Wedding ringer 2 will be out. only a few will understand.

1 Like

Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by ellechrystal(f): 7:41am On May 07, 2015
shirazlova:

What do I do about this?
Oo, please u don't need brides maids before u can wed. My elder sister didn't ve any. It was just she, her hubby, little bride n groom, n our sister as her chief, then she gave a colour for everyone to wear, colourful, simple n pretty ceremony, . Please u don't need train, I plan on scraping d train thing in my time, their wahala too dey plenty, especially wen it comes to money to buy or sew d cloth.

3 Likes

Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by ellechrystal(f): 7:43am On May 07, 2015
Petra23:
Op me is havin same problem as you.i hardly give friends that time by hanging out once in a while or paying them a visit as well.during ma school days and service year,they would always come around. but at some point,they gt tired of me not doing same and so stopd visiting or calling as well.although i neva had misundstandin with any,ts just that i'm not the outgoing kinda girl and that is making them feel i dnt regard them as friends.well,you can look around your neigbourhood for gurls that would partake in the girlie tinx u nid.as for me,since marriage isn't so soon,wl start working on ma rlationshp with ma girls.sometymx tx fun with dem around.
My dear, train thing na wahala weda ur friends or not.
Someone like me, am scraping it, na me, my man, chief, grooms man little bride n groom. Period.
Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by tyconcepts(f): 7:44am On May 07, 2015
We are almost in same boat dearie BUT atleast I have a couple of friends and always known my chief bridesmaid who would even jail me should I fail to use her.
Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by ogawisdom(m): 7:45am On May 07, 2015
shirazlova:

What do I do about this?

Stop crying its no biggie, let me give u a quick practical fix. Use d following ppl

Cousins, sisters, colleages, aunties, sister inlaws, tell them all to come with their frnds. Jst ve a meeting with these ppl mentioned n they can raise enough babes for d function.

Babes for bridal train can easily b arranged frm a nearby sch if all efforts fails at next to nothing.

If u dnt ve any frnd then u shld ve some creative sense.

But honestly all these doesn't matter to me at all, all I need is a bestman n chief bridesmaid, ladies r different sha
Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by Larablink(f): 7:46am On May 07, 2015
Just send your location and date. I can be of help if you don't mind. wink
Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by snowytee(m): 7:47am On May 07, 2015
I run a firm that supplies galant Groom's men and beautiful bride's maid for a token.Trained and ready to serve.Reach me on 08064285502 and your trouble is solved.
Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by Creamish(f): 7:49am On May 07, 2015
Ur church shuld have some youth association of some sort....U culd approach them. U could also PM ur old NL gfs..

1 Like

Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by Acidosis(m): 7:50am On May 07, 2015
People like OP do have over 30 male friends, 25 friendzone guys, and zero female friend.

Simply hire one of your numerous male friends, shave his eyebrow, apply make up on him and put on him a wig and female dress.

1 Like

Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by shevon: 7:51am On May 07, 2015
SAMBARRY:
na wedding you get to know the essence of friendship. Have you heard the yoruba proverb that says eyan laso mi . bridesmaid help weddings get colourful and help with the logistics like attending to guests, help serve food, get to see those who haven't eating etc

a wedding without bridal train is dry. Especially after looking at your wedding photographs.you don't want your kids friends and siblings looking at few pages of your album and getting bored.

Don't mind all those saying wedding feferity doesn't matter . you only marry once except you plan to marry 3or 4 times like some of my friends then I can say don't pay attention to details like that. Abi don't you like these

I agree with everything you posted apart from that which I put in bold. Maybe you are referring to the bridesmaids of old, but the ones I have seen in the past 3 years (at least at friends and family weddings) they are all about show off and forming ajebo. The most annoying part is that they will also be demanding for a table where they can all sit and that it should be close to where the couple will be seated.

Not to derail the topic, my dear, I feel your pain but you cannot kill yourself if nothing comes up before your wedding. If you eventually still cannot get, I will advice you just do something different for a change. Like the poster I quoted mentioned, they actually make weddings colorful especially when you are dancing into the hall but after then (in my own opinion) they would have exhausted there usefulness.

I will suggest you get a chief brides maid and you guy gets a best man to stand by you guys in the church. At the point of dancing into the hall, get you plenty male cousins to make it fun. Just make yours different from what the society is used to and catch all the fun while you are at it.

Kpele.

2 Likes

Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by handzomee(m): 7:52am On May 07, 2015
Equalizer:
don't you have friends? or even relations like niece or cousins?... I heard they hire ashebis online too.. try Oxl or Jumia first..
[color=#006600][/color] grin grin
Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by burnfire202(m): 7:52am On May 07, 2015
Make it a wedding wit a dffrnce. A wedding free of bridal tr n maid, so many r goin to copy that.

1 Like

Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by ITbomb(m): 7:52am On May 07, 2015
At least you no dey go church? Get anyone from the church
Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by dalhjana: 7:56am On May 07, 2015
go okpo quarters... dem go follow you straight away
Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by Mariecakes(f): 7:59am On May 07, 2015
shirazlova:

What do I do about this?
how about cousins, sisters, niece, neighbours, if they are old enough, if not or if yu dnt hv, rent female ushers as bridesmaid, if you on a low budget n cnt afford ushers, then jes visit any university close to you, some of the girls there will be happy to help out...2 or 3 girls will do

1 Like

Re: No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( by tete7000(m): 7:59am On May 07, 2015
shirazlova:

What do I do about this?

Your main problem must be pride. If not at times like this I am sure there will be one or two friends of yours who have good hearts and who if you call upon will be willing to overlook the past and be willing to come around and celebrate with you. However, it looks like you behave too big and pompous to put calls through anyone.
One thing however I will like to remind you is that you can't be a good wife with this attitude. How will you be able to pull your husband relatives and friends close and not draw them away when you probably don't have the right attitude to make friends? You really need to work on your humble side, learn to say sorry if you err others and be always willing to confine the past to past. Your husband to be now may not mind your attitude now but by the time you extend the same attitude to his friends and family, he will definitely begin to take it as a serious issue. Please work on yourself if you desire a blissful and happy marriage!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

White SA Mother Loses 5 Kids In Massive Gas Explosion (PICS) / Woman Divorces Her Husband, Forces Daughter To Go With Her (Photos) / Marital War: You Are My Girlfriend, Not Wife – Husband (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.