Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,548 members, 7,827,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga (38348 Views)

Buhari Orders EFCC To Probe Ex Service Chiefs,Serving & Former Military Leaders / Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by ijustdey: 10:11pm On May 05, 2015
A former military governor of Akwa Ibom State, Commodore Idongesit Nkanga has declared that the incoming government to be led Gen. Muhammadu Buhari would make no difference.

He averred that Nigerians should not expect any miracle from an APC-led government, saying that it would only turn Nigeria into the fabled El Dorado.

Commodore Nkanga while speaking with newsmen in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital stated that Nigeria would soon realise that voting APC into power might not have been the best decision.

“Last week I was on television and I had called for reorganization in the PDP starting from the national working committee. I think the future is very bright for PDP. I say so because it is not going to take long before Nigerians start seeing that what they expected would happen in two days is not happening. It is then they will start saying maybe we should have looked again before allowing this other people in and it will also help the PDP to purify itself.

“PDP has some problems. It is a deserved break; they will then purify themselves and present themselves afresh to Nigerians and they will see the new phase that is coming. But let me also say that there is no calamity that has occurred. I am just hoping that someday we will be able to get out of the old block since Nigeria came to being. We have always seen eastern Nigeria because what PDP now is a strong hold seems to be what used to be former eastern Nigeria and Midwest.”

“Forget about defection and all of that, those are not serious party people. As they get to where they are getting to, they will find out that what they are looking for they will not be able to get and they will start running back; so leave them,” Nkanga, who was the director general of the PDP campaign in the state stressed.

“So I was not totally surprised. A lot of the people that voted, some of them did not even know what the issues were. The only disappointing thing is largely that we still have Nigerians who are still loyal to their ethnic groups and religions than to Nigeria. A lot of the things that happened, politicians decided to fall back on those cheap issues of politics and we could not have seen anything different”, he added.

He said Akwa Ibom remaining a PDP controlled state would be better off than if it were to belong to the ruling party at the centre.

“If being in a different party from that which is in the centre is a dead sentence, then Lagos State would not be available today. There are states like Borno, Yobe, all these ones; look at Anambra. Those that have even gone to test being in a different party are not in a hurry to go back. Look at Anambra in APGA, didn’t they do well with Obi, are they not doing well with Obiano?” He queried.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/05/05/nigerians-will-regret-voting-buhari-former-military-governor-nkanga/

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by brixton: 10:14pm On May 05, 2015
To b frank, I can't wait for this new govt to start!! I have been hearing the word change and have never seen it played out but come May 30th, 2015 we will have empirical evidence of CHANGE!

babaonechance.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by makzeze: 10:15pm On May 05, 2015
By the grace of God, Nigerians will not regret voting Muhammadu Buhari and APC by 29 May 2019.

I will come back to this topic in 2019 and prove Nkanga wrong.

215 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by midolian(m): 10:15pm On May 05, 2015
ijustdey:
“Last week I was on television and I had called for reorganization in the PDP starting from the national working committee. I think the future is very bright for PDP. I say so because it is not going to take long before Nigerians start seeing that what they expected would happen in two days is not happening. It is then they will start saying maybe we should have looked again before allowing this other people in and it will also help the PDP to purify itself."

A man that can see a bright future for PDP shouldn't be taken seriously...

PDP had 16years to purify itself, Mr nkanga. How long more do you expect Nigerians to wait in pains/anger/frustration?..Or are you just trying to be noticed?

[size=3pt]E b like say bullet don pass through dis man brain b4[/size]

164 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by ammyluv2002(f): 10:15pm On May 05, 2015
People should leave Buhari alone !

21 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 05, 2015
Haters be hating while change be happening

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:15pm On May 05, 2015
We better regret than vote dat otuoke Man dat is controlled by 3 women,meanwhile when Buhari resume office the oly regret we will have is NOT voting 4 him 2011, abi regret na regret. GMB carry go God dey ur back.

142 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by akinlamsom007: 10:15pm On May 05, 2015
ohk
Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by nijanigga: 10:15pm On May 05, 2015
so what?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by hamaworld(m): 10:16pm On May 05, 2015
Wetyn be Nkanga

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by Hysmady(m): 10:16pm On May 05, 2015
Let's see
Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 05, 2015
Won tun ti bere. Buhari don enter, just accept dat fact

16 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by micktoxin(m): 10:16pm On May 05, 2015
ijustdey:

http://dailypost.ng/2015/05/05/nigerians-will-regret-voting-buhari-former-military-governor-nkanga/
These kind of talks are blessing in disguise. This will only serve as motivation for buhari to prove this butt hurt people wrong.
Win win for Nigeria.

23 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by LordCenturion(m): 10:16pm On May 05, 2015
Stewpid man, are we not regretting GEJ administration?, u will witness this change
... Eeeediot, u will only see this kind of ewure foolish people among igbo,they will keep hating,

Give igbo men €100,they will all dance for u till jesus christ come back

PROUDLY YORUBA

GMB my HERO, FASHOLA MY ROLE MODEL

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by Eyepencil: 10:16pm On May 05, 2015
Am already regreting voting that Baba one chance

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by Generalkorex(m): 10:16pm On May 05, 2015
Why the beef

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by W3irDo: 10:16pm On May 05, 2015
Itz nothin buh de truth

14 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by toluine56(m): 10:16pm On May 05, 2015
Pls vote asisat oshoala for bbc womens footballer of the year.http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/womens/wfoty-vote/2015
Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by eedriyz(m): 10:16pm On May 05, 2015
You will regret not supporting the change

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by jeffizy(m): 10:16pm On May 05, 2015
[size=14pt] Shame shall come upon all Nay sayers. [/size]

14 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by rozayx5(m): 10:16pm On May 05, 2015
grin cheesy grin true

leave them to suffer

akpabio gas frame work is active and generating 10% of nigeria electricity as we speak cheesy

hope APC do better lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by habeeblai244(m): 10:17pm On May 05, 2015
Nkanga
Hmmm
Nah So Life Be
****modified****

1st Time On Front Page.

Good Night Bae

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by queebeediva(f): 10:17pm On May 05, 2015
Ok and that include you.
Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by AmINotHuman(m): 10:17pm On May 05, 2015
Alright, then.

20 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by LewisO: 10:17pm On May 05, 2015
I can never regret voting for Buhari.

And Nigerians will never regret voting for him.

So shut your stinky mouth.

35 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by kodded(m): 10:17pm On May 05, 2015
He averred that Nigerians should not expect
any miracle from an APC-led government
saying that it would only turn Nigeria into the
fabled El Dorado.
shocked

is this man a prophet or what ?!
Same thing baba one chance said few weeks back

Indeed nigeria don enter one chance embarassed

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by omodapson(m): 10:17pm On May 05, 2015
What has Nigeria gained with PDP at the helms of affairs for close to 16years?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by akwabassey: 10:17pm On May 05, 2015
hmm

16 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by toluine56(m): 10:18pm On May 05, 2015
Enemies of Naija's progress
Hate on.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by orobs93(m): 10:18pm On May 05, 2015
And I already regret having you as my country man.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by Generalkorex(m): 10:18pm On May 05, 2015
hamaworld:
Wetyn be Nkanga
a species of weed that makes one speak rubbish abt president elect after smoking it.

21 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga by Soso990240(m): 10:18pm On May 05, 2015
I said it before and will still say it again..Tinubu will run dis government,and we knw who he is.People were shoutin CHANGE!..THANK God d Change is here.bt d truth is dat d only Change i see is Apc thieves takin over from pdp thieves..nt d real change we desire.

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Was Ojukwu Given A State Burial By Nigerian Government? / Obasanjo Vs Buhari: Fayose Reacts To Letter To President Buhari / Thugs Take Over Kano As Newly-posted DIG Michael ‘rejigs’ Security Arrangement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.