Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man (2612 Views)

"Osinbajo Acts Under A Cabal Loyal To President Buhari" - Yinka Odumakin / Afenifere: Buhari Is Behaving Like A Dictator / Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by nickxtra(m): 8:17am On May 21, 2015
Before the 2015 presidential elections, one of the young bright minds of Yoruba extraction that I respected so much, was Yinka Odumakin, a civil activist and Publicity Secretary of the Yoruba cultural group, Afenifere. I have always stood in awe anytime he speaks on national issues and since, it has always been a delight watching him talk on Television, in workshops and reading his published views. Odumakin has always been with the progressive opposition, because he appeared to have the carriage of the Awo(progressive) element like what many politicians in South West will claim. Even in the previous contests by Buhari for the presidency, Odumakin played important roles, especially as Buhari's spoke person. But I was taken aback that during the last presidential elections, Odumakin was not only campaigning vigorously for PDP, he was even insulting the APC, its leadership and Presidential candidate - Buhari. In one of his interviews on channels, I saw a man in him who must have collected his own share of the alleged PDP dollars. Odumakin talked so much in a boastful manner, how Buhari would not win the elections, judging from his past experience working with him; how the Yoruba race have mobilized to support Jonathan, how he has produced a book to counter Obasanjo's book which attacked Jonathan and so many issues he talked all clearly in support of the PDP. Now. It is amazing that since after the elections, I have neither heard from Odumakin, atleast congratulating his former man, Buhari, nor heard from him speaking on national issues as usual of him. Pls can somebody tell me where Odumakin is? May be he is yet to recover from the shock of the results of the election? Or he is yet to come to terms where his political relevance remains as a result of his political miscalculations. Just imagine if had remain the Spoke person of Buhari at this 'change' dispensation!

2 Likes

Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by bigtt76(f): 8:21am On May 21, 2015
Lol cheesy grin
Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by Nobody: 8:33am On May 21, 2015
The guy is a back stabber...he ia a goner.

8 Likes

Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by IGBOSON1: 8:48am On May 21, 2015
You people make me laugh! Still going around gloating months after the elections were concluded.....looking for anyone that didn't vote or support your useless party so you can point fingers at them and laugh 'hahahahaha' like kids in the school playground!

It's almost like 'winning' the elections is an end in itself! By the time you all realize the magnitude of the burden you're carrying on your shoulders, by then i'm sure gloating would be the last thing on your juvenile minds!

6 Likes

Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by nickxtra(m): 9:00am On May 21, 2015
IGBOSON1:
You people make me laugh! Still going around gloating months after the elections were concluded.....looking for anyone that didn't vote or support your useless party so you can point fingers at them and laugh 'hahahahaha' like kids in the school playground!

It's almost like 'winning' the elections is an end in itself! By the time you all realize the magnitude of the burden you're carrying on your shoulders, by then i'm sure gloating would be the last thing on your juvenile minds!
I am just being curious about his whereabout and how elated and well placed for a possible appointment he would have been if he did not jump the ship at the eleventh hour. Maybe he calculated that being a spoke person to Buhari in two previous shost at the presidency, nothing good would come out of his candidature, hence he sought to abandon the man. Now that the same man he abandoned won, Yinka voice has not been heard. Imagine that a frequent TV guest not seen on TV and public fora for close to three months now. This calls for concern. So, it is not as you think.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by cirmuell(m): 10:03am On May 21, 2015
The guy said he can't work with people surrounding Buhari, that's why he jumped ship. His story strongly reminds me of someone here on Nairaland though grin

6 Likes

Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by emerged01(m): 10:20am On May 21, 2015
he was bought with national conference Ghana-must-go

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by Esinasinla: 12:01pm On May 21, 2015
He was ardent supporter of GMB up till june 2014. Even if you fall out with buari is jona whom u ve strongly critsize 4 many years ur option.i beleiv dis is a gr8 lesson for him otherself-centerd person like him.
Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by nickxtra(m): 6:08pm On May 21, 2015
Esinasinla:
He was ardent supporter of GMB up till june 2014. Even if you fall out with buari is jona whom u ve strongly critsize 4 many years ur option.i beleiv dis is a gr8 lesson for him otherself-centerd person like him.
I believe you
Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by johnie: 6:30pm On May 21, 2015
cirmuell:
The guy said he can't work with people surrounding Buhari, that's why he jumped ship.grin

You are right.

There are some people from the days of AD and Afenifere that Odumakin, Agbaje and some others will find it difficult to work with.

You know them now!
Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by ndcide(m): 7:41pm On May 21, 2015
The writeup of the @op, shows daftness. Everyone had a position in an electoral contest. showing crass triumphalism at this pont, is for the simple minds. Besides, Mr Odumakin never said anything that was false in the build up to the polls. it was his perspective and he was absolutely correct for any objective mind. Even Buhari himself will agree with him. unless about voting GEJ instead of GMB.

The above writeup is twisted and only appeals to simpletons.

1 Like

Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by nickxtra(m): 8:00pm On May 21, 2015
johnie:

You are right.

There are some people from the days of AD and Afenifere that Odumakin, Agbaje and some others will find it difficult to work with.

You know them now!
So, its better they work with a group full of convicted and confirmed thieves? That's to say Agbaje has no qualms working with a convicted thief like Olabode George?

2 Likes

Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by nickxtra(m): 8:02pm On May 21, 2015
ndcide:
The writeup of the @op, shows daftness. Everyone had a position in an electoral contest. showing crass triumphalism at this pont, is for the simple minds. Besides, Mr Odumakin never said anything that was false in the build up to the polls. it was his perspective and he was absolutely correct for any objective mind. Even Buhari himself will agree with him. unless about voting GEJ instead of GMB.

The above writeup is twisted and only appeals to simpletons.
For commenting, it means it appeals to you. Therefore, you are a simpleton, right?

5 Likes

Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by ndcide(m): 8:06pm On May 21, 2015
nickxtra:
For commenting, it means it appeals to you. Therefore, you are a simpleton, right?

What I wrote and the way I put it should answer your question.
Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by gesundheit: 8:09pm On May 21, 2015
the turncoat loser most be licking his March 28 inflicted injuries.

1 Like

Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by Nobody: 3:07am On May 22, 2015
Odumakin just like Bakare detested Buhari's association with Tinubu because of the latter's antecedents and pronouncements on Afenifere leadership and by extension, the Yoruba leadership. Buhari and Tinubu are just like Water and Oil. The mix does not make any sense to a true democrat.

However, unlike Bakare, Odumakin believes in and still advocates for the restructuring of Nigeria. While it appears that Bakare seems to have "changed" now and may have forgotten the report of the last CONFAB and by extension his contributions to the report, Odumakin and a few respectable Nigerians who participated in the CONFAB still believe that the CONFAB document is a 'life-saver' for this contraption called Nigeria. Nigeria will continue to run in circles until such a time that Nigerians take a position and demand restructuring of the nation. I respect Odumakin for this and for goodness sake, four years is not a life-time. Soon you will all converge on NL again to condemn the Buhari government for none performance, marginalisation, etc.

There are fair-weather politicians who do not have what they stand for except to be in power. Odumakin's association with GEJ is solely for the fact that only GEJ could have had the capacity and will power to implement the report of the National conference.
Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by Ilekeh(f): 3:11am On May 22, 2015
IGBOSON1:

So you know GEJ left Nigeria in such a mess, yet you want him to continue?

This is why Nigerians say Igbos are politically naive. You support the same corrupt man, knowingly, to continue his corruptive administration in Nigeria.

Buhari just needs to focus on SW, N, MB, and in some part, Ijawland. Regardless of his effort in SS/SE, he'd still be hated.

This is the time for your politicians to invest their stolen funds in your region.

5 Likes

Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by andresia(m): 3:15am On May 22, 2015
Well, you can't blame him. Yinka, same with his wife, is a political contractor who hides behind the facade of activism to eke out a living.

He needs to feed and GMB cant afford a hanger on around him.

QED
Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:19am On May 22, 2015
Not only him, his wife, Joe Okei-Odumakin, was deceived by PDP when they were suppose to exercise some constraints and patience. Their case is like that of Barcänista.
The last time I saw Odumakin, I pitied him. It's in a public lecture, "Beyond 2015" in January in Oduduwa Hall, OAU, Ile-Ife. Organized by Angola Hall of the University, it's delivered by Tunde Bakare. Throughout the lecture, he was sleeping.

1 Like

Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by olasmith10(m): 6:37am On May 22, 2015
He probably Neva tot buhari ll emerge winner..

D exile and silence of a psychopath!

1 Like

Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by Pangea: 7:11am On May 22, 2015
Odumakin is another example of how not to allow your tummy rubbish your integrity!
What really pain me is the way the man has rubbished the good work his wife has been doing , destroying her reputation !
A social activist without integrity is as useless as hy in thyme!

1 Like

Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by Iamdagreatguy(m): 7:27am On May 22, 2015
Backstabbers don't end well,he has gone into extinction.
Watch out for FFK. He's also going into extinction.

1 Like

Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by Pavore9: 7:37am On May 22, 2015
Let him be, he is facing his life!
Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by Nobody: 7:51am On May 22, 2015
Only APC apologists see electoral victory as totalitarian conquest. They will never respect people's decision, they will always whine to paint a picture of what a person missed out from not supporting Buhari and other blabs. Odumakin made a decision which every sane democrat is expected to RESPECT irrespective on whether they agree with his new position or not. Anyway, APC are powere grabbers, they believe that power grabbing is the essence of politics. No value for the electorate, no respect for democracy, no ideology, just power power power!

@OP keep whinning because Odumakin did not complain to you or anyone... As for the poster above mentioning "barcanista", I am a PROUD PDP and pro-Jonathan. I am happy for that while you keep whinning!
Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by tunboy(m): 7:52am On May 22, 2015
Odumakin has gone to extinction...
Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by Kx: 7:55am On May 22, 2015
Odumakin is a lesson for failed integrity and value; what we literally call, anywhere bele face; from being a public advocate/watch dog to being a PDP praise singer

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything".
Peter Marshall

3 Likes

Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by 49cents(m): 8:55am On May 22, 2015
Xetima:
Odumakin just like Bakare detested Buhari's association with Tinubu because of the latter's antecedents and pronouncements on Afenifere leadership and by extension, the Yoruba leadership. Buhari and Tinubu are just like Water and Oil. The mix does not make any sense to a true democrat.

However, unlike Bakare, Odumakin believes in and still advocates for the restructuring of Nigeria. While it appears that Bakare seems to have "changed" now and may have forgotten the report of the last CONFAB and by extension his contributions to the report, Odumakin and a few respectable Nigerians who participated in the CONFAB still believe that the CONFAB document is a 'life-saver' for this contraption called Nigeria. Nigeria will continue to run in circles until such a time that Nigerians take a position and demand restructuring of the nation. I respect Odumakin for this and for goodness sake, four years is not a life-time. Soon you will all converge on NL again to condemn the Buhari government for none performance, marginalisation, etc.

There are fair-weather politicians who do not have what they stand for except to be in power. Odumakin's association with GEJ is solely for the fact that only GEJ could have had the capacity and will power to implement the report of the National conference.

Thanlk you for saving me the wahala of typing what u just wrote

Odumakin is not really about PDP or GEJ ; had GMB giving his blessing to the CONFAB which though not perfect will go a long to transform Nigeria drastically

Nigerians don't have an idea of what will change Nigeria; this present system of a powerful central government will never change anything; let buhari aggregate the Pat Utomis and ressurect Dora and jail all the politicians nothing much would happen

Nigeria can only move forward when the governing structure, constitution is radically overhaul which the confab reports attempyted and why Odumakin backed GEJ
Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by 49cents(m): 8:58am On May 22, 2015
Ilekeh:

So you know GEJ left Nigeria in such a mess, yet you want him to continue?

This is why Nigerians say Igbos are politically naive. You support the same corrupt man, knowingly, to continue his corruptive administration in Nigeria.

Buhari just needs to focus on SW, N, MB, and in some part, Ijawland. Regardless of his effort in SS/SE, he'd still be hated.

This is the time for your politicians to invest their stolen funds in your region.

Buhari is so dumb that without the Oil of the precious SS he will be rearing only cows
Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by nickxtra(m): 7:26pm On May 23, 2015
barcanista:
Only APC apologists see electoral victory as totalitarian conquest. They will never respect people's decision, they will always whine to paint a picture of what a person missed out from not supporting Buhari and other blabs. Odumakin made a decision which every sane democrat is expected to RESPECT irrespective on whether they agree with his new position or not. Anyway, APC are powere grabbers, they believe that power grabbing is the essence of politics. No value for the electorate, no respect for democracy, no ideology, just power power power!

@OP keep whinning because Odumakin did not complain to you or anyone... As for the poster above mentioning "barcanista", I am a PROUD PDP and pro-Jonathan. I am happy for that while you keep whinning!
Pls, when last did you hear from or about him- Odumakin? When next you see him, let him know that he can still bounce back just by advocating that Buhari implements the CONFAB recommendations
Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by Code213: 7:49pm On May 23, 2015
Kx:
Odumakin is a lesson for failed integrity and value; what we literally call, anywhere bele face; from being a public advocate/watch dog to being a PDP praise singer

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything".
Peter Marshall
Re: Wanted:Yinka Odumakin, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere & Buhari Former Spokes man by Beremx(f): 8:01pm On May 23, 2015
nickxtra:
Pls, when last did you hear from or about him- Odumakin? When next you see him, let him know that he can still bounce just by advocating that Buhari implements the CONFAB recommendations
I have his number. I can give you if you want to call him and ask how he's doing.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Forgot The Full Meaning Of His Party's Name Again / RAILWAYS: Jonathan Lacked Vision - Obasanjo / Be Afraid Of Ayobami Oyalowo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.