Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

‘buhari Might Pardon Officials Who Return Stolen Funds,’ Kayode Fayemi Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘buhari Might Pardon Officials Who Return Stolen Funds,’ Kayode Fayemi Says (754 Views)

SGF Babachir Lawal Chases Officials Who Went To Deliver Letter To Him Away / Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria / 4 Reasons Why Buhari Might Not Deliver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘buhari Might Pardon Officials Who Return Stolen Funds,’ Kayode Fayemi Says by vicostyles(m): 7:48am On May 06, 2015

Former Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi, has said that President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, might pardon corrupt politicians who are ready to return stolen funds.
Fayemi also said that Buhari’s promise not to witch-hunt his political opponents did not mean that he wouldn’t prosecute corrupt government officials who served in the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.
The former Governor made the statements on Monday, April 27, 2015 during an interview on BBC’s HardTalk.
“Corruption is not going to be dealt with by punishment alone. It is also going to be dealt with by incentives to those who are prepared to have a conversion. If you come voluntarily and say, look, I have stolen some money and I am prepared to return the money, Gen. Buhari would not say no to that,” Fayemi said.

“Returning the funds is a form of justice to Nigeria because those funds will now be available for the teeming population. There would be a range of options for dealing with corruption but that does not mean that justice will not take its full course,” he added.
“Buhari said he would not interfere with the judicial process and that if anyone is found guilty of malfeasance or corruption then that the law would take its course. Buhari didn’t mention any individual but anyone who is found guilty or who behaved badly in terms of corruption would be brought to face the law,” Fayemi said.
Buhari has also said that his administration would probe allegations that the sum of $20 billion went missing from the accounts of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation(NNPC).

http://naijafussion..com/2015/05/buhari-might-pardon-officials-who.html
Re: ‘buhari Might Pardon Officials Who Return Stolen Funds,’ Kayode Fayemi Says by Nobody: 7:56am On May 06, 2015
In my grand mothers voice, "story for dogs". Is he corrupt free? Abeg make them clear make I see road.

1 Like

Re: ‘buhari Might Pardon Officials Who Return Stolen Funds,’ Kayode Fayemi Says by nerodenero: 8:00am On May 06, 2015
Fayemi, oya sharp-sharp, return your loot too.
Re: ‘buhari Might Pardon Officials Who Return Stolen Funds,’ Kayode Fayemi Says by seankafor(m): 8:00am On May 06, 2015
nobody will return anything and nothing will happen, quote me anyday anytime, cos all of them are the same
Re: ‘buhari Might Pardon Officials Who Return Stolen Funds,’ Kayode Fayemi Says by Mogidi: 8:00am On May 06, 2015

1 Like

Re: ‘buhari Might Pardon Officials Who Return Stolen Funds,’ Kayode Fayemi Says by jamex93(m): 8:10am On May 06, 2015
ok
Re: ‘buhari Might Pardon Officials Who Return Stolen Funds,’ Kayode Fayemi Says by dhantey324(m): 8:29am On May 06, 2015
Mogidi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1803613_exekitistategovfayemibedroom02_jpeg24da2d31745f1f95df21e833238bbc51
Coming from an ex-governor who spent N50million on bed.
My brother, the way devils sound like saints in 9ja won't cease to amaze me...

1 Like

Re: ‘buhari Might Pardon Officials Who Return Stolen Funds,’ Kayode Fayemi Says by Mogidi: 8:31am On May 06, 2015
dhantey324:

My brother, the way devils sound like saints in 9ja won't cease to amaze me...

Abi o

1 Like

Re: ‘buhari Might Pardon Officials Who Return Stolen Funds,’ Kayode Fayemi Says by iykebesbt1(m): 8:40am On May 06, 2015
Who cares? Baba now that you're there, review punishment for corruption

(1) (Reply)

APC Encounters Real Change As "I Belong To Everyone And To Nobody" Plays Out! / What We Missed In Mamapeace.... / Old Age Won’t Affect My Job – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.