Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,398 members, 7,822,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west (11188 Views)

Campaign Poster Of The APC Against The PDP When 1USD Was N216(pics) / Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west / Fayose Warns Apc And Buhari Over Attacks On pres. Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by HzRF(m): 9:09am On May 06, 2015
One of the top contenders for the post of the Speaker, House of Representatives in the incoming 8th National Assembly, Abdulmumin Jibrin, on Tuesday cautioned the leadership of the All Progressives Congress against disqualifying lawmakers from the North-West geo-political zone from contesting the leadership positions in the federal parliament.

Jibrin, who is the current Chairman, House Committee on Finance, described as blackmail arguments that no lawmaker from the North-West should be considered as either the Senate President or as Speaker of the House of Representatives because the President-elect is from the zone.

He insisted that the emergence of Muhammadu Buhari from the North-West should not affect the zoning arrangement because he had been automatically excluded, having been elected before the party started discussion on the issue of National Assembly leadership.

He said, “In the first instance, we are getting the interpretation of the zoning arrangement completely wrong. The Presidency is not supposed to be zoned because whoever emerges is the President of the whole Nigeria. Muhammadu Buhari, was never presented as the candidate of the North-West.

“The whole idea is for the President to emerge first. After the emergence of the President, the six geo-political zone would have to sit down and distribute whatever position that are left particularly, that of the parliament.

“I think we need to get this properly right. There would be seven segments. Six are those of the zone while one is that of the President. This is really going to help the country when people actually realise that the President is not supposed to be included in the zoning arrangement.”

Jibrin further argued that Governor Rochas Okorocha would not have contested against Muhammadu Buhari if the post of the President was included in the APC zoning arrangement.

He said, “Although the President-elect is from the North-West but trying to exclude his zone from benefiting from the leadership positions in the incoming 8th National Assembly is very unfair.

Jibrin said his zone had the largest contingent of the state assembly members, Senators, members of the House of Representatives and even recorded the highest number of votes during the Presidential election.

He said, “What do we tell our people if you exclude us from the leadership positions in the National Assembly, simply because of zoning? We want the President to concentrate on the entire country. We want other offices that we will take back to our people, because they need to hold on to something.”

He therefore called on every eligible senator and member of the House of Representatives from the North-West to, “come out and contest the leadership of the National Assembly because it is our right and we should not be boxed into a corner.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/speakership-rep-warns-apc-against-disqualifying-nwest/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by Nobody: 9:10am On May 06, 2015
Tinubu can't hold his greedy nature for long
Soon his greed will scatter apc
*dancing shoki*
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation

20 Likes

Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by francizy(m): 9:25am On May 06, 2015
If Tinubu thinks he can handle these "born to rule" then he's sitting on a long and lubricated horse cörk... undecided

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by NCOIM(m): 9:46am On May 06, 2015
Thief.nubu Should steer clear The National Assembly

What's wrong with That frog-Eyed Ediot? angry

He wasn't Elected,,Yet,,He's Trying To Control the elected officers

Naija,„„Which Way now?

5 Likes

Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by Dreambeat: 10:06am On May 06, 2015
Ok,this movie is going to be interesting.Those who think that their influence on a state could automatically be transferred to the country are in for it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by ichidodo: 10:46am On May 06, 2015
What,so you want to use and dump the southwest,eh?....Does he not know buhari's mandate has simply changed the dynamics concerning zoning in the NASS? Or maybe as it concerns facing off with southwest this bloke has suddenly become very confident knowin fully well they (the southwest)are way out of depth in these dynamics and most would prefer serving northern candidates than actually leading and fighting for their rights.....Let us forget the other variable involving the pariah status the southwest has attained thus no other southern zone might come to her aid when the the Night of the Long Knives meets her as it concerns the inevitable and approaching snob or dumping of her candidates for northern candidates in the scheme of things..

6 Likes

Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by thefakestan: 10:46am On May 06, 2015
I don't care.

Or maybe I do,
The head line should be Jibrin thinks this or that, As per as i'm concerned,

The NW and SW has been represented.

We have 4 other zones to satisfy

SS
NC
SE
NE

And 4 positions to fill, Senate President
Speaker
And other key positions!

5 Likes

Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by naijainfogalery: 10:46am On May 06, 2015
All this north, south, west and east settings.

they should just shut up

2 Likes

Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by tobtap: 10:46am On May 06, 2015
speakership is for the south grin grin ...jubrin can do the needfull cheesy grin
Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by galapazygalarba: 10:47am On May 06, 2015
Oluwa is fully involve
Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by Hawlahscho(m): 10:47am On May 06, 2015
ALL I AV TO SAY IS

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by tobtap: 10:47am On May 06, 2015
NCOIM:

Naija,„„Which Way now?
recieve sense oga jona cousin undecided [b]losers

7 Likes

Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by boolet: 10:48am On May 06, 2015
Ok.
Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by Hardetayour: 10:48am On May 06, 2015
And they always think Tinubu is behind it. That's why the first 3 comments contained his name.

Is Tinubu your mentor?

6 Likes

Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by PassingShot(m): 10:48am On May 06, 2015
I don't really blame the rep talking this poo. It is APC that has allowed the zoning issue to linger for long.

Why will a really sane rep expect NW to produce the Speaker House of Rep when the zone has produced the president?

Perhaps he just wanted to be noticed sha because there is no way that nonsense can be allowed to happen.

4 Likes

Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:48am On May 06, 2015
Wedon hiya..
Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by holatin(m): 10:49am On May 06, 2015
NCOIM:

Naija,„„Which Way now?

francizy:
If Tinubu thinks he can handle these "born to rule" then he's sitting on a long and lubricated horse cörk... undecided

OREMUSSANCTUS:
*dancing shoki*
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation

am very sure, Tinubu is the cause of your predicament.

if your papa die, na tinubu
if your mama get accident, na tinubu
if your wife get miscarriage, na tinubu
if your boss sack you for work, na tinubu

am sure your lost brain is caused by tinubu.

Stupid saTANists

4 Likes

Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by akonibobo: 10:49am On May 06, 2015
Just passing by...... lipsrsealed
Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by Eyepencil: 10:49am On May 06, 2015
OK NAH
Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by Ijobaorun(m): 10:49am On May 06, 2015
house divided against itself cannot stand. APC needs to be very careful about their zoning system.
Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by yurme(m): 10:50am On May 06, 2015
Changiii
Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by NCOIM(m): 10:51am On May 06, 2015
tobtap:

recieve sense oga jona cousin undecided [b]losers

Let me beg you for a favour grin

Please Die grin

Quote me again and die of Thumb Decay angry grin

4 Likes

Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by coolzeal(m): 10:51am On May 06, 2015
What happened to merit and corrupt free individuals other than zoning? Greedy, selfish bunch of people who cares about power sharing and funds they could embezzle.
I wonder if they have set in place plans to move our dying economy forward.
Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by Helkayklassic(m): 10:51am On May 06, 2015
Even if a mad man is giving a hoe, he will cultivate to his side, Mr. man u r fighting for ursef nii not for the masses.
Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by Nobody: 10:52am On May 06, 2015
i thought buhari was from the north west.... if so, then what is their problem?
Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by jiddodo: 10:52am On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
*dancing shoki*
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation

No we would not

1 Like

Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by Wuuworld(m): 10:53am On May 06, 2015
LAND is very expensive this days o!,I can't imagine down here in diz valley I bought this land 50million.......Naija is really turning into something else.

NOT FOR SALE,beware of my WIFE,she can bite very well.
Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by jamex93(m): 10:54am On May 06, 2015
i need work abeg

any body with any around kaduna
Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by Nobody: 10:55am On May 06, 2015
What do you expect from people who believe that Nigeria is their property.

1 Like

Re: Speakership: Rep Warns APC Against Disqualifying N’west by Drsheddy(m): 10:56am On May 06, 2015
K

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

1966 Coup: “the Igbos Now Vindicated And Exonerated” - Olusegun Obasanjo / Governor Willie Obiano Heads Valedictory Exco Meeting. / Jonathan Inaugurates New Cabinet (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.