Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,539 members, 7,819,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Reasons Why Boys And Girls Can Be Friends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Boys And Girls Can Be Friends (1410 Views)

GIRLS;Can A Sex Session Be Complete Without You "CUMMING"? / Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? / The Power Of"bra" Without The Bra I Wonder How Girls Can Walk Around With Boobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Boys And Girls Can Be Friends by bolajioginni: 9:26am On May 06, 2015
There is proverb that states that boys and girls cannot be friends because someone is bound to have feelings and end up getting hurt. I've never been one those guys with more female friends than male but i do have a good amount of female friends and the truth is really 'we're just friends' and therefore I firmly disagree with this notion. At some point every guy or girl will have a friend of the opposite sex and he or she will just be a platonic friend. If you go through formal education or even relating with people around you, you will find friendship in the opposite gender, some seasonal and some that may last a lifetime. I hate to break the news ladies, but not all men that say hellow actually want to date you, some of them may find you interesting and only want to be friends. I find that friendships with the opposite gender provide a different experience and have their very own unique qualities. For example : Inter - gender friendships can be refreshing. Women tend to have a central theme in most conversations which can be based on beautym relationships and fashion (not to say that is all women talk about!).
Throw a man into the mix, and you're faced with a conversation which could also include politics, career and sports. I'm not implying that male - female conversation are better, all I'm saying isit provides a bit variety. Although boys and girls can be friends but there are some few things that people need to pay attention to without crossing the friendship line. Examples of such things are :
Significant others: If you are just friends, there will be significant others which means you have to learn to include them in some or all of your friendship activities. Feeling Used and Dumped: It is natural dor gys to have a softer spot for their female friends and sometimes end up feeling used in suck platonic friendships. Ladies,please appreciate and respect the friendship by not using him as your make shift driver,errand boy bot or mock boyfriend for a boring event,also applicable to guys, just because she is your friend doesn't mean her house becomes your restaurant because you've run out of cash and have no food at home. Note : Good friends are hard to find and if you do get to have one then do not let something such as gender be a factor.

You can check my blog for more tips ; tonyhawttalk..com
Re: Reasons Why Boys And Girls Can Be Friends by winetapper: 9:28am On May 06, 2015
so in summary what are you trying to say smiley
Re: Reasons Why Boys And Girls Can Be Friends by kilokeys(m): 9:30am On May 06, 2015
the Only way ill feel nothing if i gave a full hug to a non-sister is if...

1. i am critically injured, near death.

2. i heard the trumpet sound one microsecond before we hugged
Re: Reasons Why Boys And Girls Can Be Friends by Nobody: 9:34am On May 06, 2015
will be back to comment where there is a summary.
Re: Reasons Why Boys And Girls Can Be Friends by Pr0ton: 9:58am On May 06, 2015
winetapper:
so in summary what are you trying to say smiley

Friendship between a boy and a girl without romantic feeling is possible. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Boys And Girls Can Be Friends by Nobody: 11:55am On May 06, 2015
Feelings must crop up.

That they are both mature to suppress them doesn't mean the feelings aren't there.
Re: Reasons Why Boys And Girls Can Be Friends by mrbillz(m): 12:04pm On May 06, 2015
HAVING A FEMALE BESTFRIEND IS LIKE REARING A HEN/CHICKEN YOU WILL STILL EAT IT.. grin
Re: Reasons Why Boys And Girls Can Be Friends by funlord(m): 2:09pm On May 06, 2015
grin of course women and men can be the best of friends! Especially if the woman is ugly! That makes it extremely easy!
Re: Reasons Why Boys And Girls Can Be Friends by soulminister(m): 3:20pm On May 06, 2015
I'll say that you are on point because am one of those that have more female friends than male.

it is always easier for me to relate with ladies than guys (maybe because I grew up in the midst of many girls).
Re: Reasons Why Boys And Girls Can Be Friends by HumanPsycho(m): 3:33pm On May 06, 2015
Subconciously, young people size members of opposite sex for attraction and compatibility before they even bond for friendship. Am not here to argue the possibility of cross gender friendships but I pose a question to you and everyone. . . Will the said friends still be as close if one of both gets married? If yes then I doubt their commitment in their romantic relationship

(1) (Reply)

The War Between Wives And Their Mother-in-laws / OPINION: Life Is Much Simpler When You Are Single. / Why Do Ladies Demand For Call Card From Guys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.