Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operation . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operation . (709 Views)

Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? / Lagos Light Rail Will Start Functioning By December- Ambode ( Photos ) / Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operation . by dondo83(m): 11:52am On May 06, 2015
Nigeria - The Lagos light rail will soon begin commercial operations as a test run of the trains has been scheduled in the near future, barring the odds of the importation of the rolling stocks, The Nation reports.

Pic: A projected view of Lagos light rail after completion

According to Dr. Dayo Mobereola, Managing Director of the Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA) the work might start in the next two months on the light train as the project is 95 per cent completed.

According to him, work on the first phase of the 27km Blue line, from Okokomaiko to Marina, is ongoing with the Mile 2 to National Theatre (a distance of seven kilometres 95 per cent completed). The second phase, from National Theatre to Marina, which is five kilometres is ongoing.

“The stations and terminus at all our various train stations are already completed. Soon, we would start to test run the signaling, the rail tracks and the joints in preparation for the deployment of the rolling stocks for full commercial activities.”

Mobereola, however, said government would soon announce the commencement date for the flag-off of commercial light rail service in the state.

#Nigeria #Lagos #LAMATA

source.. http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/nigeria-lagos-light-rail-set-to-commence-operations.111290/
Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operation . by Nobody: 11:54am On May 06, 2015
Sauce lipsrsealed?
Dey kip shouting train since 10 years ago
Thieves
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation
Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operation . by dondo83(m): 11:56am On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Sauce lipsrsealed?
Dey kip shouting train since 10 years ago
Thieves
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation

orangutan or what is your name? do u live on nairaland? if you channel your passion for hate and ignorance to what will make you earn a living , u should be a billionaire by now
Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operation . by Rilwayne001: 11:59am On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
[s] Sauce lipsrsealed? Dey kip shouting train since 10 years ago Thieves Say no to "change" We nid transformation I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation [/s]
Stop spamming this section with your shenanigans please.
Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operation . by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 06, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Stop spamming this section with your shenanigans please.
Pls tell me how its gonna affect d swearing-in on may 29th?
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operation . by dondo83(m): 12:30pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Pls tell me how its gonna affect d swearing-in on may 29th?
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation

why are you always off point? may 29 and lagos rail? undecided
Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operation . by servantleader: 12:36pm On May 06, 2015
dondo83:

why are you always off point? may 29 and lagos rail? undecided

Why are you surprised?
What else do you expect from a supporter of this failed government?
Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operation . by MKO4ever(m): 12:38pm On May 06, 2015
Good

(1) (Reply)

Oba Akiolu Confirms Rift Between Tinubu, Fashola / Shocking: New Document Shows Pdp's Wike And INEC Rigged Rivers Election / See Epic Convo Between Chinedu Ikedieze And His Fan (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.