Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,736 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Buhari Finally Meets With A Journalist He Jailed When He Was A Military Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Finally Meets With A Journalist He Jailed When He Was A Military Leader (481 Views)

Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century / Buhari Meets Journalist He Jailed As Military Ruler / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Finally Meets With A Journalist He Jailed When He Was A Military Leader by chimoskyg(m): 3:25pm On May 06, 2015
President-elect, Gen Buhari met with Mr Tunde
Thompson, one of the journalists he jailed for
disobeying Decree 4 during his administration in
1984. Decree 4 was enacted by Gen Buhari to
checkmate the authenticity of press reports, a policy
many believed was against the freedom of speech.

Both men met at a media parley the president elect
had with his media campaign team in Abuja
yesterday May 5th. Mr Thompson now works with
Gen Buhari's media team. Gen Buhari told him that
jailing him, at that time was one of the challenges
of his administration then. He appreciated his
media team for carrying out a decent campaign for him during the election
"I want to commend you especially for two things.

First, is the decent media campaign you conducted
despite the PDP’s dirty tactics, you stayed focused
on issues and avoided the temptation to sling mud.

I thank you for your uncommon motivation to do the
work.
Despite the lean budget on which we ran our
campaign, you did not allow the lack of adequate remuneration to stall the work at any point in time. You continued to give your best.

Re: Buhari Finally Meets With A Journalist He Jailed When He Was A Military Leader by GboyegaD(m): 3:28pm On May 06, 2015
This is what we preach, the need to forgive and let go of the past. I believe GMB has learnt from his past mistakes and will do better this time around.
BTW, where is the source.
Re: Buhari Finally Meets With A Journalist He Jailed When He Was A Military Leader by chimoskyg(m): 3:46pm On May 06, 2015
GboyegaD:
This is what we preach, the need to forgive and let go of the past. I believe GMB has learnt from his past mistakes and will do better this time around.
BTW, where is the source.

Dem yakpa

Premium time also carry it

(1) (Reply)

Power Supply Drops To 2,345MW / After Surviving Boko Haram Returnees Face Hunger In Nigeria.. / Amosun In Dilemma Over Formation Of New Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.