Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,562 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders (8709 Views)

I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman / Why I Don't Believe He Is Dead (pic Inside) / Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by chidichris(m): 7:43pm On Mar 14, 2009
Arrrgh!!! A mediocre attempt to justify inaction and more mediocrity. So never mind the thousands of businesses and people paying their taxes to see to it that amenities are offered and the state is maintained. The state will never be cleaned unless We or should I say, I, Kobojunkie, carry broom go outside go clean my street and maybe clean up aba and the whole of Abia and dispose of the garbage myself as well, we can then say Orji Kalu cleaned Aba? ROFLMAO!!!

Try again!!! Let’s focus on the subject here. Stop living in the land of fantasy and see your children’s reality for what it is.

Rubbish!!! Aba is a complete eye sore now compared to it's state about 8 years ago and you want to blame this on OBJ? Are you alright??

You mean the governor whose own side man does not have direct access to? Heck, even my uncle who holds a high post in the region tells of how the governors do not like to answer questions.

What has NEPA to do with the uzuakoli – umuahia road or the general situation in aba or AbSU environs or any place else in the state?

Nothing works anywhere, or simply most are doing next to nothing to see that things work anywhere? I am not exactly sure why you keep offering me this as excuse for your position so far. If you were addressing someone like @must_a_far, or maybe @Asha80, I would understand, but moi? Do you really think you need to tell me that ? ROFLMAO!!!

I say chill, this is not about your person but about the deplorable state of living in Abia state for many. Yes it is all over that country, but on this thread, we are choosing to focus now on Abia. Later on, we can move back again to Lagos and any other states you want attacked next.

Also, if you really want things to change, may I suggest to sign up on the Nigerian movement for Change thread? I believe people who feel the way you do ought to sign up with others to ensure change so next time when our state is being discussed, it will be more positive news than the usual negative we have continued to see in the majority.

the long listed lines on quote are direct words of kobojunkie on a thread in this same forum. the thread was about what is happening in abia state.

please mr kobojunkie cliam these words of urs and then reconcille them with your position on this topic.

tell us why you choose to blame orji uzor kalu in abia state and blame nigerians at the federal level.

tell me why you refuse to blame abians in the situation over there rather than kalu.

i really will be happy to get an answer here.

remember you can choose to change ur id for this revealation.

i will be happy to know between u and i who is irrational.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by Kobojunkie: 9:54pm On Mar 14, 2009
@All
To anyone else reading this thread , and is informed enough to understand the content of that post, could you please explain it to @Chidicris in lay man’s terms cause I am beginning to believe he is ready to argue himself into the ground rather than reading and understanding points made as is. I have tried over, and, over, and over again to explain to him why the many crooked logics he has so far spewed make no sense to me as all things, in his analysis, seem to start and end with OBJ and so there is no getting around that, no matter how one tries.

I am tired of trying as it seems this is some brick wall that won't budge. Not that I am trying to have him change his mind but he is too convinced that his argument is iron-clad, and makes all the sense in the world, to see that it may likely not be as he thinks.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by asha80(m): 10:08pm On Mar 14, 2009
kobo you are really passionate about abia state.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Mar 14, 2009
asha 80:

kobo you are really passionate about abia state.

I have at one time lived in the state so for me to go back there and then find things in the condition that I did, I was appalled. It was like I was in some netherverse, and worse, someone had the guts to praise the governor, claiming he did good. That just killed me. I used to live there and still have pictures from back then. What we have now is 10 times worse than what we used to have and that is good work by some governor?? I hate that some Nigerians like to praise mediocrity!

About two years ago, I cut connections with a long time friend of mine over this. The gal had the guts to compare the situation with public schools in Nigeria with what we have here in the US. I just could not stomach that much ignorance. I told her of how the schools are not being given as much attention and why it is hurting millions of Nigerian families and our future. She came back with a retort that some American schools are not in good condition either and so I should stop making it seem as if it is a Nigeria only thing. That was it for me. I got off the phone with her and was done.
Maybe when I am better able to handle such, I will reconnect, but till then, I choose to spare myself.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by chidichris(m): 12:44pm On Mar 15, 2009
Kobojunkie,
my interest for now is not on name calling rather to drive home my point and position.
there are two different topics here

1. who is to be blamed with the situation in nigeria. here you choose to blame the masses instead of the leaders

2. the second topic is what is happening in abia state and on this you choose to blame the then gov orji uzor kalu.

i found your stance on these two topics controversial hence i ask you to reconcille the two.

please tell us why you choose to blame leadership in abia state and them the masses in the nigerian situation.

calling me irrational or brick wall or whatever does not reconcille your controversies as long as these two topics are concerned.

i am still waiting patiently to get the clarifications i deserve.

on the other hand, this is a public forum hence you cannot overlook the personalities here. we are not all dumb. talking or connecting a lady on phone in the usa or even in the planet-venus still does not explain you controversial position.

my interest is to expose the height of ignorance that are in the air here in nairaland and this i will do with points, facts, figures and illustrations.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by Kobojunkie: 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2009
@Chidicris, the problem is you come off as being too close minded, and that is the reason why you can not seem to see that there is nothing different in my stance on the issue. Stating that your argument is irrational is not me insulting you, neither is stating that at this point, I see you a brick wall in this. If you have problems understanding why they are not insults, check the dictionary please. If a statement or analysis of one is irrational, am I not supposed to point it out? Another word you should check while you are at it is Leadership.
I really cannot help you here and I have already tried so many times to call it a day. If you cannot accept that I will never think as you do, then may I suggest that you maybe spend this time looking for reasons why some of us cannot be moved and cajoled into thinking like you do, and maybe work on accepting that.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by chidichris(m): 9:29pm On Mar 15, 2009
Kobojunkie,
pls do not blame me too much if i do not understand english. i am not an english man neither do i live over there. again it will be more important if we will concentrate more on the object{the topic} rather than shadow{english language} maybe we will come to that later.

you said your stance on the two topics are the same and i ask again, how do u reconcille these statements of yours
below

Rubbish!!! Aba is a complete eye sore now compared to it's state about 8 years ago and you want to blame this on OBJ? Are you alright??

You mean the governor whose own side man does not have direct access to? Heck, even my uncle who holds a high post in the region tells of how the governors do not like to answer questions.

What has NEPA to do with the uzuakoli – umuahia road or the general situation in aba or AbSU environs or any place else in the state?

will it be bad if u accept the fact that you blamed kalu in the situation in abia maybe by mistake and then blame the masses in the situation in nigeria.

well, to enable us proceed, i will like you to catigorically state it here who is to be blamed in the situation both in abia and nigeria, the masses or the leaders. people make mistakes and the ability to accept a mistake and correct it makes the difference.

i will wait for you to withdraw your statement in either of the topics.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by hellypelly(f): 5:29pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ Childchris, I guess U didnt see the part where I said everything cant go the way you want them to go,
you say if everyone is sane and corrupt, there would be no need for leaders, whats the point of the leaders we have when they are the corrupt ones? who is to 'lead' them? Of course the world is not a Utopia, talkless of Nigeria, everybody is sitting back and doing nothing, some even partake in the corruption, if U as an indiviual didnt partake, and the people around U, trust me, this would be less of an issue, people always put themselves first before the country 'all man for himself' , bleh, i might be back
I didnt even read ur entire post so I cnt adress all the issues, n iv forgotten alll i want to say, Ugh, blame it on ADD
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by muda1: 11:51pm On Mar 17, 2009
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by bestofthisyear(m): 8:34am On Mar 21, 2009
Leadership in Nigeria has turned into organized crime.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by AjanleKoko: 9:44am On Mar 21, 2009
Frankly speaking,
I don't think the problem in Nigeria has to do with the 'leaders' because there are none. There's a genuine leadership crisis in Nigeria.
I also don't think anything is wrong fundamentally with the people. But we don't see ourselves as one country, obviously.
There is only one political solution which is feasible - break Nigeria up into federating units. Then everything else will unfold from there.
Right now the so-called Federal Government is held hostage by the Nigerian version of the mob.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by chidichris(m): 9:58am On Mar 21, 2009
wow!, i was getting angry with this thread until i watched the bbc hard talk interview of obj by steve.
it is the real answers to this thread.
in his words, steve made obj to understand that yar adua confessed to the fact that the elites of the country are the problems of nigeria and obj simply said: yar adua is one of the elites.
the problems of nigeria has its head quaters in aso rock. if there is anything that will be done, it must start from aso rock.
the leaders have refused to be accountable to the masses so the masses decide to do as they like.
the leaders of a country are like our parents and you can accept it as a fact that snake will surely give birth to snake unless in exceptional cases via baba jebu.
i could see obj staying away from the uk for the rest of his life as he never expected what he got in the uk.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by jamace(m): 8:25pm On Mar 21, 2009
wow!, i was getting angry with this thread until i watched the bbc hard talk interview of obj by steve.
it is the real answers to this thread.
in his words, steve made obj to understand that yar adua confessed to the fact that the elites of the country are the problems of nigeria and obj simply said: yar adua is one of the elites.
the problems of nigeria has its head quaters in aso rock. if there is anything that will be done, it must start from aso rock.
the leaders have refused to be accountable to the masses so the masses decide to do as they like.
the leaders of a country are like our parents and you can accept it as a fact that snake will surely give birth to snake unless in exceptional cases via baba jebu.
i could see obj staying away from the uk for the rest of his life as he never expected what he got in the uk.

I am happy that the elites too are beginning to know that they have lost the light to shine the way.
Yes it was a big disgrace for OBJ. This situation is necessary so that our so-called leaders would wake up.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by abuja4real: 1:41pm On Mar 30, 2009
grin
I now know the problem of nigeria.
the problem are the gods cheesy
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by chidichris(m): 2:24pm On Mar 30, 2009
at least with obj on bbc hard talk with steve throwing the undiluted truths to his face, with obj's violent reactions indicating how wounded he was, i guess the usa kobojunkie is now at rest with the white truth.
americans are enjoying a better life today because of the good efforts of their leaders.
zimbabwe is suffering today because of wrong policies by no other than their leaders.
the u-turn in the political and economical situations in ghana are the products of their leaders.
policies are guides and parterns by which an administration pilot the affairs of a country.
good policies begets good living for the people while bad policies result into poor lives.
listening to programmes on the tvs and other news media will simply expose you to the acceptance even by our leaders that they have failed us.
the campeign of our intended leaders during elections always start and end with, i will bring change which is another way of saying the past leaders did not do well.
an example of a policy an effective one is the fashola\lasma trafic laws in lagos state. if u are in anywhere in lagos u will accept the fact that trafic offenders are seriously in trouble these days.

kobojunkie, go search for facts to support your position or drop this topic as you are dry and lack points.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by abuja4real: 4:14pm On Apr 02, 2009
in that interview he agreed that his pikin IYABO was a crook and old eneogh to face the law, and that ATIKU was involved with HALLIBUTTON

BUT THE REALITY ON THE GROUND BOTH ACCUSED ARE FREE.
GBOGIDE NA TODAY
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by chidichris(m): 2:32pm On Apr 03, 2009
if yar adua according to the interview on hard talk accepted responsibilities, if Erickson the mexican coach who was sacked yesterday accepted responsibilities of the poor runs of result of his team, if the western leaders will resign over small things, what are we arguing here. the leadership of nigeria is neither by inheritance nor by force, those who choose to lead us do that under oath to protect and defend us. if they fail the oath and fail to quit, they will not fail to accept responsibilities.
a common nigerian can only commit a common crime while the leading crimes of this country are committed by our leaders.
nigeria is out to rebrand nigeria. this rebranding can only be effective if our political systems, economical systems, security systems, basic armenities are all in other.
all the mentioned issues including the protections of lives and properties of the citizens are all the under the responsibilities of our leaders.
the real definition of a lead is the one who directs the ways of others. if nigerians are called criminals today, one will be forced to ask, where did they learn this? the answer is simple. who among our leaders past and present is not a criminal?
we are under the stewards of high placed criminals and criminality has become a way of life. a yar adua who fraudulently got into aso rock has no moral justification to look mugabe in the face and tell him to retrace his steps.
will it be possible for obj to come out in the open to say negative things about iyabo obasanjo? the drama of atiku saga is supposed to be fresh in our minds. obj said atiku is a criminal and atiku said yes but we are in it together hence the death of the matter.
upon all the facial show offs of el rufai and ribadu, we are all witnessing the dramatic follow up.
why are ppl praising clinto and blaming bush? the americans under clinton were the same under bush yet there were variations in their policies.
if yar adua attends a meeting in togo and tell the president of togo to be ready for a war, togo will say nigeria has declared war on us.
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by edicolove: 4:57am On Jan 11, 2011
This is one of the best posts i have read in a while. I have been shouting this for a long time. There is hardly anything like good leadership in the world. What you have as good leaders are just leaders who are doing well because the people will bring them down if they do not do well. If you leave Obama alone, he will do crazy stuff like any Nigerian president. maybe even worse because he is human. The heart of man is generally wicked. It doesnt matter if they are Americans or Nigerians. But in advanced countries, they know the people will not take crap from them so they cant misbehave. People will go on the streets and the nation will come to a halt if the leadership misbehaves. In Naija, we celebrate these leaders. We lick their backside. (permit my use of the word). We shout their names in parties. If every Nigerian where to come out and start to stone corrupt people, corruption will stop immediately.

But the truth is, we are a selfish people. We only think of ourselves. We are fake people with big inferiority complex. we celebrate mediocrity. We are too materialistic. Someone says the leaders should show examples. You dont have a clue what you are talking about. If you assume leadership and find out that you have no one to question you, what do you think your human instinct will do. ONE WORD. Embezzle! Don't you see it is more difficult for governors to embezzle in states where you have strong opposition. The problem is never with the leader but with the passive people. If you do not react, nothing will change. You can shout from now till "kingdom come", nothing will change. But like I said, Nigerians do not react because they are corrupt themselves. I feel pain everyday when I hear statements like "if you get there, wont you embezzle too?" These are statements coming from those who say we have bad leaders. Shame on us as a country of cowards. If the kind of things that happen in Nigeria happen in other places, the country would have been brought to a standstill. Nobody would work or do anything till there is a change. But none of you are ready to fight the fight. You sit your arses here is nairaland and make noise. Come out and and stand up for Naija and see if any leader can stand the heat. Let a million people wake up and besiege Aso rock and see if the country will not come to a standstill. But nobody wants to fight because you are all thinking of yourselves. But posterity will not forgive us if we fail to liberate this country. God Help Us All!
Re: I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:04pm On Nov 16, 2011
my humble submission - the OP has not seen the depth of the situation to make what he deems a valid point.

A Nation is made up of Institutions (established by Nigerian Law) run by people like you and myself. These Institutions provide frameworks within which the nation and its citizens are governed. When Corrupt/Incompetent/Illiterate people run these institutions, they undermine the very frameworks that govern us all, creating a sustainable poor environment that breeds deeper roots for corruption to grow. It is within this environment, your Student Vs. Politician analogy survives. How can you then say that our leaders are not to blame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani / Governor Suntai Celebrates 52nd Birthday In Hospital / Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.