Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,012 members, 7,814,454 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo (1825 Views)

Sule Lamido: APC Now Evil Like PDP Was Accused Of In The Past / Buhari Ally Abubakar Tsav Warns Him Against Sectional Appointments / My Husband Must Complete His Two Terms – Mrs. Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo by spako4(m): 5:39pm On May 06, 2015
PDP crisis: Jonathan orders ceasefire as Tsav says PDP was taken over by Mrs. Jonathan, Fani-Kayode, Fayose

on May 06, 2015 / in News 7:09 am / Comments

By Emmanuel Aziken, Political Editor, Wahab Abdullah, Dapo Akinrefon, Charles Kumolu & Gbenga Oke
LAGOS — President Goodluck Jonathan has intervened in the open war between his aides and the National Working Committee, NWC, of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

The President’s intervention during a closed-door meeting with the NWC members followed strident calls for the resignation of the national chairman of the party, Alhaji Adamu Mu‘azu and other NWC members for purportedly leading the party to its first defeat in a presidential election.

The president’s intervention was, yesterday, matched by calls from senior party members who also called on the warring members to pull away from the acrimony that has seen NWC members openly blame the President’s handpicked campaign managers for causing the defeat of the President in the election.

The call for ceasefire nonetheless, the crisis continued to smoulder with Chief Bode George, a former deputy national chairman of the party calling for the resignation of Mu‘azu from office.

Besides, Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State stuck to his guns on the demand for the resignation of the NWC members, an assertion that drew the sharp response of a senior official of the NWC who reproached Fayose for biting the very fingers that fed him in his time of need.
From left: PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN ; Otunba Gbenga Daniel former governor of Ogun State and VICE PRESIDENT NAMADI SAMBO DURING PDP PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIN RALLY IN ABIOKUTA

From left: PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN ; Otunba Gbenga Daniel former governor of Ogun State and VICE PRESIDENT NAMADI SAMBO DURING PDP PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIN RALLY IN ABIOKUTA

At the meeting with the NWC members on Monday night, the President had, according to sources, called on the party officials to keep the peace, saying that two wrongs do not make a right. Apparently to appease the party officials, the President promised to investigate the rumpus with a pledge to sanction his aides that may have erred.

The President’s plea for peace was matched by a number of stakeholders, including some members of the Board of Trustees, BoT, such as Chief Bode George, Chief Ebenezer Babatope, Chief Don Etiebet, the Lagos State chairman of the party and a retired Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Abubakar Tsav.

The president’s plea forced the national chairman, Mu‘azu, to withdraw a statement in which he had alleged that presidential aides were determined to destroy his legacy through their open conflict with the party officials.

A senior official of the NWC, however, replied a swipe by Governor Fayose earlier yesterday in which he reiterated his call for the dissolution of the NWC.

“It really hurts, I mean it hurts for Ayo Fayose to ask us to resign, considering the risks we took to ensure that we gave him a level playing ground to contest even when some members thought that he had no right being in the race,” the NWC official said yesterday.

Mu’azu can’t be a judge in his case —Bode George

In his reaction to the crisis, yesterday, Chief George, a former deputy national chairman of the party said: “Playing politics has to do with maturity. After any election, there is a way it is being done that any party that lost, the managers of the party will honourably bow out.

“There should be civility in anything being done but in the meantime, you cannot be a judge in your case. That is legitimate, that is sensible. All the noise about people collecting money here and there, to me it should not be so.

“You do not wash your dirty linen in the public. Do you think the All Progressives Congress, APC, do not have their filthy linen? With what they (PDP leadership) have done, they are sending shivers into the spines of Nigerians.

“We are going to readjust ourselves and strengthen all the structures from the wind that just blew us. You do not go to the marketplace and start describing the name and house of your father.

“The position we arrived at, at the Ado Ekiti meeting was the consensus of the party leaders after thorough deliberations which recommended that the National Working Committee should step aside for an independent group to reshuffle the party. If they found out that they (NWC) still need to be there, they will be recalled.

“I am shocked about the reactions of the people which now became an issue on the pages of newspapers. Which party in the world that is existing without internal wrangling? It is natural and normal.”

We’re waiting for outcome of BoT meeting — Babatope

In his remarks, Chief Babatope said: “I am not personally interested in the tantrums that are being thrown at each other by presidential aides and the National Working Committee of the party. I believe the BoT should be meeting in about two weeks where some of these major issues will be thrashed.”

Babatope, who is a member of the BoT of the PDP, said: “I am only interested in what the outcome of the BoT meeting is and not this tantrum being thrown around.”

PDP govs don’t mean well— Etiebet

On his part, Chief Etiebet said: “I have nothing to do with the PDP so I cannot comment on their actions. It’s just a good feeling that all leaders are singing my song which I kept singing since last September that the PDP Governors Forum’s actions would spell doom for the party at the polls.”

Blame game can’t help our course—Shelle, Lagos PDP chairman

Speaking on the current controversy in the party, the Lagos State chairman of the PDP, Mr Shelle said: “I just don’t want to be part of the controversy.”

He, however, urged the leadership of the party not to play the blame game.

Shelle said: “The blame game cannot help our cause. We should start putting our house in order to be able to get rid of those that stole our mandate through conspiracy by the compromise of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, and the Police.

“We as a party only played into their hands. We will bounce back because the so-called APC is PDP in another form. Those who sold out are, however, advised to bow out of office before they are exposed.”

PDP was taken over by Mrs. Jonathan, Fani-Kayode, Fayose —Tsav

Similarly, a retired Police Commissioner, Alhaji Tsav, said: “When the PDP was formed with pomp and pageantry some years back, its members boasted that it was the largest party in Africa. Some at a point boasted that it would rule for 60 years and beyond. Things went right, and everything flourished in the party. Everybody went for the umbrella but today, the situation has changed and the umbrella is leaking profusely not only from torrential rain but from the rays of the tropical sun.

“Most of the founding fathers have left the party in anger ranging from lack of internal democracy to encouraging illegality. The situation was worsened by the departure of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, who is an institution himself.

“The party was taken over by Mrs Jonathan, Gov. Fayose, Mr Femi Fani-Kayode among others. Imagine the First Lady inciting people to be violent during the campaigns. She also brazenly insulted the people of the North and a former Head of State without due regard to the party chairman, who is from the North. Fayose and Fani-Kayode also engaged in the hate campaign against the opposition. The opposition was focused and never left the substance to pursue the shadow.”
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/pdp-crisis/#sthash.wBGQWHZ5.dpuf
Re: Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo by mcquin(m): 5:45pm On May 06, 2015
If I book space now, some people go "open the gate of hell"; but na dis kind topic de reac front.

GEJ take your wife go house make she go be President of Otuoke.

Help me ask the poster beneath me wetin concern our baba for PDP matter.
#Babanowthatyouarehere kodded need to go yabaleft; he's been having insomnia and other psych trauma after PDP's presidential outing.

#SAIbabaonechance #saiNAIJA

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo by kodded(m): 5:49pm On May 06, 2015
#BabaOneChance

Yo wahh ! cool

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo by aare07(m): 5:49pm On May 06, 2015
What goes around, comes around. PDP members are poor student of history, communication skills and management skill. They should go and learn how to tolerate one another irrespective of religious inclination, tribes, states.
Secondly, when you cut yourself with knife, throwing away the knife will not recover the lost blood, rather it is a waste of resources, therefore, Adamu should stay. In the outgoing President (GEJ), no leader should vacate his office in the face of struggle.
Adamu and NWC must stay#

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:51pm On May 06, 2015
Fayose wanted to he a PDP kingpin grin grin

I no blame am...na PDP fit accommodate such lousy thug

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo by AhmedMustapha(m): 5:57pm On May 06, 2015
PDP should solve their problems. The same corruption they couldn't kill in the country poisoned, killed and buried their party!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo by modath(f): 5:59pm On May 06, 2015
Of what need is the call for a ceasefire?? PDP is dead at the centre, if not fully dead now, the lack of access to free money will ensure its total annihilation.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo by spako4(m): 6:11pm On May 06, 2015
GEJ was so weak and clueless that he allowed people with no credibility to hijack the party.
Re: Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo by Gbawe: 6:19pm On May 06, 2015
spako4:
GEJ was so weak and clueless that he allowed people with no credibility to hijack the party.

That is the modus operandi of GEJ. He empowers thugs and cretins everywhere. This is why Militant warlords are official Government pipeline protection contractors in the SS while OPC has the same duty in the SW. The man is a disaster and I am glad Nigeria has been liberated from his reign of madness and destruction.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo by faray: 6:22pm On May 06, 2015
pdp can't withstand d wind of change dat is blowing across my blessed country nigeria
#team clueless
#team evil transformation
Re: Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo by moha225: 6:36pm On May 06, 2015
Na dem sa bi...all I know dey got from now to may29""tired of all dis their pigeon fight fight'' I get work joh
Re: Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo by spako4(m): 6:40pm On May 06, 2015
By the time Abuja oxygen masks are removed on the 29th May,most of these parasites will die
politically.
Re: Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo by AWONEYAN(m): 6:42pm On May 06, 2015
The blame game....for the game changer
Re: Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo by softmind24: 6:42pm On May 06, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo by theV0ice: 6:54pm On May 06, 2015
It was an open secret which they were denying all along. Hear Abubakar Tsav

“Most of the founding fathers have left the party in anger ranging from lack of internal democracy to encouraging illegality. The situation was worsened by the departure of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, who is an institution himself.

“The party was taken over by Mrs Jonathan, Gov. Fayose, Mr Femi Fani-Kayode among others. Imagine the First Lady inciting people to be violent during the campaigns. She also brazenly insulted the people of the North and a former Head of State without due regard to the party chairman, who is from the North. Fayose and Fani-Kayode also engaged in the hate campaign against the opposition. The opposition was focused and never left the substance to pursue the shadow.”

PEJ was a major culprit

Now they regard OBJ as an institution. I thought some juvenile delinquents said he was irrelevant?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo by sunkoye: 6:56pm On May 06, 2015
baba obasanjo is sure an institution.

the ways of God is mysterious
Re: Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo by ITbomb(m): 7:34pm On May 06, 2015
Don Etiebet that openly campaign for APC in Akwa Ibom dey follow put mouth for that kind meeting?
Re: Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo by sheymoni(m): 8:26pm On May 06, 2015

I thought they said they won't miss baba & that he only has one vote to cast

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo by spako4(m): 9:38pm On May 06, 2015
A house divided against itself cannot stand.
impunity,greediness,arrogance,corruption and insubordination are major problems of PDP.
Re: Jonathan Orders Ceasefire As Tsav Says PDP Was Taken Over By Mrs. Jonathan,Fayo by juman(m): 6:33am On May 07, 2015
To hell with pdp the useless party that fails nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Innoson,Ibeto & The Rising Men From Nigeria's East! / President Mahama Of Ghana Pay A Courtesy Visit To Offa In Kwara State. / PHOTO: Babatunde Fashola Son, Demola Is Officially A Lawyer Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.