Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

The Enormous Challenges Of The Buhari/osinbanjo Administration 2015 - - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Enormous Challenges Of The Buhari/osinbanjo Administration 2015 - (455 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Buhari & Osinbanjo: What Is Happening Here? / 10 States Buhari/osinbanjo Will Not Work On. / Osinbanjo And Ibikunle Amosun Visit Ogun State Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Enormous Challenges Of The Buhari/osinbanjo Administration 2015 - by vioment: 1:21am On May 07, 2015
With an unbiased view, I offer these opinions. I think is only right you do the same.

The General Buhari/Prof. Osinbanjo administration will be faced with various problems of our nation and the citizens might not be of much help but I believe they can achieve a lot if they put their minds to it. I can't name every situation they will encounter but feel free to chip in.

1) Corruption: Deeply rooted in our genes in all spheres of activities (formal and informal), will be a huge task ahead. It has eaten deep into our security personals, education system, all forms of government and ministries, industries, etc.

Proposed solutions: continuous preaching against it to the masses and congress, electronic sting operations(set up) and jail terms to create uneasiness among perpetuators, cooperation with other governments, seizing of properties if one can't defend their charges, and training of appropriate staffs.

2) Security: This, an corruption to me are 60% of our problems. From BH insecurity to ND insecurity to Massob insecurity to OPC insecurity; Then to the robbers, kidnappers, cultist(am guilty- will talk about this in another thread), 419, and idleness. I mean if you have money as a small investor will you risk it in place like that except for the hard heads like us.

Proposed solutions: Continuous training of the appropriate staffs, all out forensics for crime fighting like documenting all the INEC election information and acquiring more information through law like making every student from secondary school to university tender their finger print and other DNA relevant to crime fighting. Never owing our security apparatus people salary under any circumstance and hiring competent people with extensive background check. DO not hire cultist or incompetent staffs.

3) Tribalism: This is another dangerous hindrance to our country's existence. Every group is guilty of this shii even me. Tribalism everywhere. I was born and raised in Lagos but some people no one let me drink water drop cup. I go Benin, trouble. I go east, trouble.

Proposed solutions: Can tamper the harshness of tribalism through law. Retrain lawyers without that yeye wig and give them the authority to press credible charges on offenders that can cost money, loss of property, and/or jail term(kirikiri tins).

4) Power: This should have been number one but my list still stands. No light creates one more heavy burden we all have to carry in our minds. Our industry suffers, our health declines, our sanity is shaken, and our cost of living increases.

Proposed solutions: Supervise this project closely. It might eat a lot of money at first but it needs to be done. All forms of power so that we can say never again. Training staffs with experts on the job.

5) Maintenance culture: We lack this as a society to the point of chronic disorder. Our schools don't encourage it. he government don't encourage it. Really, you have to know the principles and working operations of something before you can maintain it. We lack that.

Proposed solution: Encourage it through programs. Give awards for it. Preach it and do it beginning from asorock. Train people for it whenever a new project is started or retrofit is started.

6) Education: Every thing about this one is serious. From owing teachers which decreases their morale to employing new teachers/lecturers who graduated from classes with reduced teacher morale. lose-lose situation. It is so bad that a Nigerian graduate is just a name because many can't spell or write well(am guilty of this) - if you catch our gboom we go claim say English no be my first language. If na science forget it because we dey use reserve from secondary school. Where be say, Chinese people go see mineral for one area for Nigeria or Africa, then come up with a scheme by telling the appropriate government official say them wan build something wey sound big eg stadium, road, govt. house, or even school; then durng construction them dey export sand and the minerals go back them zone to do more research which we lack and resell to us. Cultism in universities are another big factor in our education. How can you honestly learn when you know that if you let your guard down na only you go waka dat journey. So called non cultist students are looked down on, many are forced into churches which is good but when will you have time to read if you almost always have to be in church or explaining to various groups about how you neutral. Lecturers selling illegal handouts, old members of various fraternities, intimidating our future wives, sisters, family, etc into all sorts of activities all to pass.

Proposed solutions: Not owing lecturers, conducive but basic infrastructure, electronic crime fighting technologies like electronically bugging the classes, schools, etc. This is a whole thread by itself .... coming soon.

Lawlessness: from driving on the wrong side of the road, to selling everywhere and anywhere. Why should I go and have a shop when I can just open one if I divide my house in two or if I can just build a shed and put products in there. Lastma taking money from commercial drivers, police also, dirty bus parks, shitting and urinating anywhere and everywhere comfortable; I mean it goes on and on and on.

Proposed solutions: The president and vice should work behind the scenes on this one because many people illiteracy and bruised egos no go make us reason well. They should train and train and train police, mopol, etc. Latsma needs to be disbanded. The judges, lawyers, and police should be given the appropriate authority to bring offenders to book.

(1) (Reply)

Supreme Court Bars NASS From Amending The Constitition / Mu’azu On Sick Bed, Sues For Peace Among Members Of The Party. / Treknomania: A Trekking Disease That Psychologists Warn Could Cause More Harm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.