Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,296 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 (50167 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Buhari In Ogoniland In 1984 / How I Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 / Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by menix(m): 9:58am On May 07, 2015
Nazeeboy:
I don already asked her. She say na real madrid

Thought she will say Chelsea since most of us frm d East re Chelsea fans....
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by Nobody: 9:59am On May 07, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Madam, you didn't remember this story in 2007 and 2011 until after the 2015 elections that saw Buhari sailing through.

You are one of the reasons why people of other tribes disrespect and see all of us as opportunists.

Anu mpama angry
Thank you jare. You said exactly what was on my mind.
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by Adesiji77: 10:03am On May 07, 2015
knostbrown01:
Forget this story madam....Ministerial slot has finished

grin
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by Meedu(m): 10:15am On May 07, 2015
You didn't save him, God saved him by using you. He could have used anyone.
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by nwafuluozoh: 10:16am On May 07, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Madam, you didn't remember this story in 2007 and 2011 until after the 2015 elections that saw Buhari sailing through.

You are one of the reasons why people of other tribes disrespect and see all of us as opportunists.

Anu mpama angry
Better onye iberibe!
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by WisePer: 10:22am On May 07, 2015
For those of us that grew up in Enugu ( 042 ) in the early 90s, Chief Mrs Ilonzo is a name you watch on your Tele weekly.
She runs a Modern Herbal Clinic along Enugu-Onitsha Expressway towards New Market end if you are coming from Abakpa.
She is not a poor woman for all i know and cannot lay such claim with enough EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE if it is not true.
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by Hilaskee(m): 10:22am On May 07, 2015
What she did was the right thing. And her coming now to say it is never out of point because it is the same scenario or position he occupied when it would have happened hence making it needful for her to advise therefrom. This is the right time to say it. If you didn't do what you did and don't say what you have just said especially the advise, nature won't forgive you. Never mind what people are saying, because even if you had said earlier or later, they would still say something. God bless you madam.
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by Nobody: 10:25am On May 07, 2015
story sounds too stretched...
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by playboyAIU(m): 10:27am On May 07, 2015
IdiAmin1:

Anu mpama angry
okwa ka i na afu. Since then till 2014 she did not search her file to tell him about it, it is now she want to collect he own national cake just like the bring back our girls. She be tif
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by Mbediogu(m): 10:30am On May 07, 2015
IdiAmin1:

Anu mpama angry

You did not even mention the many flaws of the opportunistic write up.
First she was Mrs. Eze, but now Mrs. Ilonzo. She wants Buhari to govern like Yew of Singapore. Does she know that under Yew, the state barned certain foods and regulated peoples' behavior to extent that you could not freely choose ur associates (freedom of association). You could not chew gums whether by presciption or not (pursuit of happiness). Press was hamstrung and regulated by State (freedom of expression). Yew became legendary because Singapore after MANY years under him made progress. What would have happened if the country failed after Yew's oppressive regime? Will Mama Ilonzo be willing to allow GMB to rule for nearly 20 years like Yew bearing in mind the fact that things will get worse before they get better? Is she not going to shout 'marginalization' ? Will her charms only work when she becomes Buharis Associate? She must be a leech, detractor and gold digger. The President must avoid such people if he must succeed.
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by Nobody: 10:41am On May 07, 2015
Don't mind the desperado...silly woman.

IdiAmin1:

Anu mpama angry
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by Nobody: 10:46am On May 07, 2015
cheesy cheesy
knostbrown01:
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by Nobody: 10:47am On May 07, 2015
I doubt she really knows who Yew was....
Mbediogu:

You did not even mention the many flaws of the opportunistic write up.
First she was Mrs. Eze, but now Mrs. Ilonzo. She wants Buhari to govern like Yew of Singapore. Does she know that under Yew, the state barned certain foods and regulated peoples' behavior to extent that you could not freely choose ur associates (freedom of association). You could not chew gums whether by presciption or not (pursuit of happiness). Press was hamstrung and regulated by State (freedom of expression). Yew became legendary because Singapore after MANY years under him made progress. What would have happened if the country failed after Yew's oppressive regime? Will Mama Ilonzo be willing to allow GMB to rule for nearly 20 years like Yew bearing in mind the fact that things will get worse before they get better? Is she not going to shout 'marginalization' ? Will her charms only work when she becomes Buharis Associate? She must be a leech, detractor and gold digger. The President must avoid such people if he must succeed.
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by africanusvu(m): 10:52am On May 07, 2015
Why. Naa,all this man,s past histories ar filled wit harsh experienc,imprisonment,coup,fanatism,dictactorship etc,I still wonder where this factor of good leadership in him is going to come up from,ar u sure nigeria will survive this Omen? I am afraid d worse is ahead,thank god ma mama is Syrian
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by shiki(m): 11:07am On May 07, 2015
IdiAmin1:

Anu mpama angry

What did u expect her to advice GMB on, in 2007 & 2011? Cos the man didn't win, now that he has won, the woman is making reference to his 1984 regime.....bro don't be offended, but pls nxt time, read a post, understand its focus, and them make a reasonable comment wink
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by Bants(m): 11:33am On May 07, 2015
She tried maybe some igbo man should seek her assistant and he might be president
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by basilo101: 11:45am On May 07, 2015
D reporter shud contact d names mentioned for dia own side of d story
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by deeptesting(m): 12:09pm On May 07, 2015
menix:

Oga abeg stop forming Igbo jawe..

Which 1 b "Anu mpama"?

Ina 'amu-amu' nwoke onye awusa?

Na Lagos Igbo boy... Pardon him.

1 Like

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by ronlyp: 1:35pm On May 07, 2015
I call this shit bull shit...now na you wan come abi
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by adamskutty(m): 2:54pm On May 07, 2015
XRAY21:
one condom would have reduced the number of f00ls in the world
u have spoken the truth, ur father indeed did a very big, unforgivable mistake by not using condom when he knacked ur mama. grin grin

1 Like

Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by XRAY21(m): 3:00pm On May 07, 2015
adamskutty:
u have spoken the truth, ur father indeed did a very big, unforgivable mistake by not using condom when he knacked ur mama. grin grin
mumu I don't have your time

#FOREVERGREEN
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by adamskutty(m): 3:05pm On May 07, 2015
XRAY21:

#FOREVERGREEN
hahaha! grin
Mumu i don't have ur time
#FOREVERGREEN bla bla bla bla! grin
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by adamskutty(m): 3:06pm On May 07, 2015
XRAY21:

#FOREVERGREEN
hahaha! grin
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by XRAY21(m): 3:12pm On May 07, 2015
adamskutty:
hahaha! grin
adamskutty pls stay off my mention

#FOREVERGREEN
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by adamskutty(m): 3:17pm On May 07, 2015
XRAY21:
adamskutty pls stay off my mention

#FOREVERGREEN
xray21 pls stay off my mention since u first quoted me.
#FOREVERGREEN
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by oloyede252(m): 3:46pm On May 07, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Tomorrow when we say you vote with your totos, you will start insulting our ancestors!
Mtchew!
See Native Doctor of the Eazzzt with big-big gramma?
I am sure it is one of those unemployed mofos on NL looking for a position in ASO ROCK!

Nonsenze! grin

Someone paid for this one's education to go and be plucking 'UGWU' and 'UTAZI' from the bush to make soup as an Okija herbalist kwo? grin
o God.i couldnt even decode ur post.anyway
RECIEVE

SENSE
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by tit(f): 4:06pm On May 07, 2015
knostbrown01:

kai! you bad gaaan!

who go even that this kain wan minister?
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by tit(f): 4:07pm On May 07, 2015
see her big fat, flat nose!
mtcheeeeew
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by adaohina: 4:24pm On May 07, 2015
midolian:
hahahhaha...Nice one.
Nairalanders, When shall we learn to appreciate & celebrate our fellow citizens? Rather than make fun of her. At least, she did what many can never risk to do.
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by adaohina: 4:31pm On May 07, 2015
Na envy jor... person wey sabi don sabi.. stop labelling her with mockery names.
ikwuje
Re: How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 by adaohina: 4:38pm On May 07, 2015
Na envy jor... person wey sabi don sabi.. stop labelling her with mockery names.
ikwuje
adaohina:
Nairalanders, When shall we learn to appreciate & celebrate our fellow citizens? Rather than make fun of her. At least, she did what many can never risk to do.
ikwuje

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate / Shuaibu Audu Prostrates Before President Tinubu / Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.