Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers (32557 Views)

10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know / 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car / Misuse Of Power By Some Vehicle Insurance Officers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers by discusant: 11:21am On May 07, 2015
THEY ARE TRULY ROAD NUISANCE OFFICERS -100%.

ONLY HEAVENS KNOW WHEN A TRUE LEADER SHALL EMERGE IN NIGERIA TO DISBAND THAT FEDERAL NON-SAFE ROAD COMMISSION.

THE PERSONNEL OF FRSC CAUSE MORE ACCIDENTS THAN PREVENT ACCIDENT ON THE ROADS.

THE PREVENTIVE MEASURES THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO UNDERTAKE ON VEHICLES, THEY DO NOT DO THEM.

1 Like

Re: Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers by 0b1nna: 11:23am On May 07, 2015
I really don't get what this post is all about OP. You're talking about Road Nuisance, have you happened to see those men carry out rescue operations on accident/crash scenes? Has any of your loved one been involved in a crash and they happened to rescue him/her to the nearest road side clinic or hospital? Many of my people have. I do not agree with you. You are on your own!
You're not one of them, and you don't know if there are reasons for such actions.
A friend told me an experience he had. He was being flagged down by FRSC officials, he stubbornly beat their patrol point calling them nuisance as you just did. Little did he know they wanted to warn him of an on-going robbery ahead. He learnt his lesson, to cut the long gist short. Next time you see uniform men on the road, respect them, a lot of them give their lives for your comfort. Besides, if that had been a military check point, you would have kissed that pretty android phone of yours goodbye. They'll smash it on the ground and step on it!
#Just my opinion!
Re: Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers by ruffhandu: 12:19pm On May 07, 2015
lomomike:

Go read well before you spew out ignorance the word I typed was "constriction"

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 07, 2015
calddon:
them come out u complain, them no come out u complain. A man in the field and a man in the ofice who would respond to an emergency situation faster? ehm @op answer me o
A field officer who causes road blockage and a field officer who ease flow of traffic who is smarter?
Re: Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 07, 2015
0b1nna:
I really don't get what this post is all about OP. You're talking about Road Nuisance, have you happened to see those men carry out rescue operations on accident/crash scenes? Has any of your loved one been involved in a crash and they happened to rescue him/her to the nearest road side clinic or hospital? Many of my people have. I do not agree with you. You are on your own!
You're not one of them, and you don't know if there are reasons for such actions.
A friend told me an experience he had. He was being flagged down by FRSC officials, he stubbornly beat their patrol point calling them nuisance as you just did. Little did he know they wanted to warn him of an on-going robbery ahead. He learnt his lesson, to cut the long gist short. Next time you see uniform men on the road, respect them, a lot of them give their lives for your comfort. Besides, if that had been a military check point, you would have kissed that pretty android phone of yours goodbye. They'll smash it on the ground and step on it!
#Just my opinion!

Stopping people in the middle of an expressway just to let them pass one vehicle at a time for no concrete reason is highly unappreciated especially when its at rush hour period. There was NO robbery operation going on, NO accident and rescue issue. By the way, Kubwa is a well populated settlement so its not isolated, that road is access to some parts of Kubwa, Byazhin Arab, Dei-dei, Zuba, Madalla, suleja, Kaduna areas and people use that means to get to the heart of Abuja City.
Keep ranting.

1 Like

Re: Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers by richard870(m): 12:34pm On May 07, 2015
@Op, what's ur point
Re: Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers by oladcity(m): 12:55pm On May 07, 2015
@ op that's what is called traffic calming. The reason you are oblivious of that is because our driving qualification process in Nigeria is warped. These are things that every driver should learn while learning to drive.
Re: Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers by Lawalemi(m): 1:05pm On May 07, 2015
Forming busy
Re: Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers by rhythyson: 1:09pm On May 07, 2015
gulfer:
@Op, how much did you buy that LENOVO TAB grin grin grin

Na the only thing wen u see be that? anuofia grin

But na LENOVO true true?
Re: Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 07, 2015
I really dont know what they do on the road, their duties are already covered by VIO and the TRaffic police, dem jus they pose and do show off.
Road nuisance is a better description. Its jus a club of frat boys and gals.

1 Like

Re: Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 07, 2015
oladcity:
@ op that's what is called traffic calming. The reason you are oblivious of that is because our driving qualification process in Nigeria is warped. These are things that every driver should learn while learning to drive.
Traffic calming even when there's high vehicular traffic on that road, these FRSC guys drive their pickup "zig zag zig zag" in a dangerous manner. Do you still call that traffic calming?

There are things our road traffic personnel's should do and not this.

1 Like

Re: Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers by kazzamaks28(f): 3:04pm On May 07, 2015
Its on kubwa road this morning,but u didn't capture the pictures well,they parked their truck at the center of the road occupying two lanes and leaving only one lane for movement. It was reali annoying. Seems they recruited new staff.

2 Likes

Re: Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers by wtfCode: 5:29pm On May 07, 2015
i can only see ur side mirrors and the dash board.
Re: Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers by otiigba1(m): 5:40pm On May 07, 2015
who are they? ,
Re: Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers by otiigba1(m): 5:43pm On May 07, 2015
gulfer:
wentin concern you? maybe he thief the tab grin grin
Re: Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 07, 2015
otiigba1:
wentin concern you? maybe he thief the tab grin grin
What are you trying to infer or suggest?
Re: Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers by 1009ja: 7:27pm On May 07, 2015
The incoming administration should ban these extorters.
Somrtimes, the arrange illegal roadside court system where they harass road users and snatch several thousands of naira from each road user. They are not doing a thing to help alleviate road mishaps; they enable them.

1 Like

Re: Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 07, 2015
gulfer:
I rented it from you grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy / Changing The Radiator Of Your Tokunbo Car From Single Cell To Double Cell / Car Wash Man Escapes Death As He Crashes Customer's Vehicle During 'Test Drive'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.