Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

My Desktop Logs Off Immediately After Logging On - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Desktop Logs Off Immediately After Logging On (901 Views)

Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. / My Desktop / Help!!the Icons On My Desktop Are Invisible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Desktop Logs Off Immediately After Logging On by nasir1202(m): 9:27am On May 07, 2015
Source: http://bookingtohosting..com/2015/05/windows-log-on-and-log-off-immediately.html

RESOLUTION to Fix Log on and Log off immediately issue

Method 1:

Navigate to the following registry key and changes the value of Shell and Userinit as mentioned below.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Shell = explorer.exe
Userinit=X:\windows\system32\userinit.exe

NOTE: These files may also be deleted by spywares. You may need to extract them using Windows CD or from another computer.

Steps for rectifying this Log on and Log off immediately problem:

Log on to a networked computer or any other computer in your home connected to the same network.
Open Registry and Point your cursor to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Select File > Connect Remote Registry.

Type computer name (infected computer)
Navigate to the following location in registry of destination or infected computer.

Edit these two values in the right pane as mentioned.
Shell=explorer.exe
Userinit = x:\windows\system32\userinit.exe

6. Exit from Registry
7. Restart Infected computer.
8. You should be able to log on to computer and it won't do log off immediately.

If you don't have any other computer try the following step.

Try to boot the computer in safe mode with command prompt by pressing F8 during startup and selecting safe mode with command prompt.If it can be boot to safe mode with command prompt.

Open Registry Editor and Change the value of the following two entries in Registry key.
Shell=explorer.exe
Userinit = x:\windows\system32\userinit.exe

If there is a key named "OldUserinit", delete the "Userinit" key and rename the "OldUserinit" key to "Userinit".

Read Complete article here http://bookingtohosting..com/2015/05/windows-log-on-and-log-off-immediately.html

(1) (Reply)

Dell Inspirion 15 Laptop For Sale / Cisco RE1000 Wifi Wireless Range Extender 2.4 Ghz 802.11n / The 10G GPON System Adds An ONT Using Either Of The Following Methods:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.