Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC (10496 Views)

Nigeria Now Pumping 2.1m Barrels Of Oil Per Day, Says NNPC – The Cable / PICTURE: Jonathan Campaign Team Buying Petrol In Blackmarket / PDP Has Reduced Nigeria To A Global Laughing Stock, Says Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by UrennaNkoli(f): 8:00pm On May 07, 2015
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/we-have-1-2bn-litres-of-petrol-in-stock-says-nnpc/
cc: lalasticlala xbabangida

Abuja – The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and its downstream subsidiary, the Pipelines and Products Marketing Company (PPMC), said they had 1.2 billion litres of petrol in stock.

This is contained in a statement issued in Abuja on Thursday by Mr Ohi Alegbe, Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Department, NNPC.
Fuel Scarcity persist up till Thursday in Lagos Px shows Vehicles and Jerrycans on queue at Petroleum Managers Filling Station along the Apapa Oshodi Expressway in Lagos Px Joe Akintola (Photo Editor)

The statement stated that the figure translated to 31 days sufficiency, going by the 40 million litres daily consumption of the product in the country.

It explained that the Managing Director of PPMC, Mr Haruna Momoh, made the announcement in Abuja.

It quoted Haruna as saying that “21 additional vessels laden with petroleum products are in offshore Lagos waiting to berth.

“NNPC has made adequate arrangements to ensure energy sufficiency in the country and reassured motorists that the noticeable queues at the filling stations would thin out in the days ahead”.

Momoh said that the NNPC also had 21 days sufficiency of Automotive Gas Oil (AGO) otherwise known as diesel and 18 days sufficiency of Dual Purpose Kerosene (DPK), otherwise known as kerosene.

He said that as part of efforts to ensure petroleum products’ sufficiency and distribution, the NNPC embarked on aggressive Reception Depots rehabilitation in 2011.

“As at today, 18 depots out of the 23 depots have been fully recovered with the exception of Makurdi, Yola and Maiduguri due to the activities of pipeline vandals,” he said.

The PPMC MD disclosed that the corporation suffered petroleum products losses worth N40.8bn through pipeline vandalism in 2014.

He said that no business could survive such a loss and still remained a growing concern.

Momoh said there was a marginal increase in pipeline vandalism, stressing that in 2013, the corporation recorded 3,517 vandalised points but in 2014, the figure increased to 3, 774.

He said that “as at today, 97 pipeline vandals are undergoing prosecution”.

Momoh expressed regret that since the cases started a few years ago, none of the accused persons had been convicted for economic sabotage.

He called on Nigerians from all walks of life, especially those living in communities where the pipelines run through, to protect them in national interest. (NAN)
Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by omostar: 8:07pm On May 07, 2015
Na wa for these herdmen o.

1 Like

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by Samchelsea(m): 8:09pm On May 07, 2015
Werrin be this?......all this and yet fuel scarcity, some people wants to hold on to what belongs to everyone to themselves alone

1 Like

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 07, 2015
The kind beating these people wan chop eehn..walai

1 Like

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by socialmediaman: 8:12pm On May 07, 2015
We're days away from unearthing this grand deception and fraud. Let them "contunu" cool

3 Likes

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by UrennaNkoli(f): 8:14pm On May 07, 2015
Xbabangida:
The kind beating these people wan chop eehn..walai

grin If they have it make dem release am na grin At least they said its worth is a 31 days sufficiency for the whole nation. grin

2 Likes

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by obontami: 8:15pm On May 07, 2015
Π0tin concern me with all dat bullshiit

all I want is a bad ass biitch to go down on her knees and suck me like crazy

1 Like

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by RijiyarLemo(m): 8:15pm On May 07, 2015
Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by mascot87(m): 8:15pm On May 07, 2015
NNPC ......Lying to Nigerian since oil boom in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by Pavore9: 8:15pm On May 07, 2015
Why are they hoarding it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by kliq(m): 8:16pm On May 07, 2015
Long Story!

Why the scarcity undecided

2 Likes

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 07, 2015
Sh.it people... Why is there scarcity everywhere?

2 Likes

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by Gidimen: 8:16pm On May 07, 2015
I pray change comes soon

2 Likes

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by RijiyarLemo(m): 8:17pm On May 07, 2015
Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by Strongfaze(m): 8:17pm On May 07, 2015
Loss to vandalism is just too much. What about the juicy contracts to secure our oil installations?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by fa4dmike(m): 8:17pm On May 07, 2015
these ppke and their story again.. na them make jona fail...them don come again.. gmb adress issues pls... shocked

2 Likes

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by lonelydora: 8:17pm On May 07, 2015
So why the scarcity?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by RijiyarLemo(m): 8:18pm On May 07, 2015
Gidimen:
I pray change comes soon

1 Like

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by UrennaNkoli(f): 8:18pm On May 07, 2015
teeowl:

Because they decided to hide the reserve grin... Jonathan wants you people to suffer before he finally leaves power... grin

1 Like

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by jamex93(m): 8:18pm On May 07, 2015
ok
Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by jmoore(m): 8:19pm On May 07, 2015
teeowl:

Not everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by chymystique(f): 8:20pm On May 07, 2015
obontami:
Π0tin concern me with all dat bullshiit
all I want is a bad ass biitch to go down on her knees and suck me like crazy

cheesygrinangrysadshocked coolsmileytongueembarassedlipsrsealedundecidedkisscrywink

There is nothing like Fuel scarcity in the south. PMS Pump price is within N97-N105. Am wondering why there is scarcity iN some parts of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 07, 2015
Ok... Like where is there no scarcity?
jmoore:

Not everywhere.
Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by stephenqueen: 8:22pm On May 07, 2015
I believe in change ,i believe in my man GMB.GMB my hero, fashola ma role model.
Anyway sha keep calm and vote www.nairaland.com/twaci as Miss NL
God bless you all
Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by hassan85(m): 8:25pm On May 07, 2015
Seriously speaking, GMBs government will have to do something about this "cabals" they holding the country to ransom. We MUST get our refinaries fixed. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by otokx(m): 8:27pm On May 07, 2015
Please give us petrol at 87, all this reserve amounts to nothing if you can't do so.

2 Likes

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by Popemax(m): 8:29pm On May 07, 2015
Plenty fuel down here in ph

1 Like

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by Pebcak: 8:29pm On May 07, 2015
Shey dey one use am fry akara ni
or why pple come dey suffer to get fuel now

[img]http://i./lELRD773cY7Sg.gif[/img]

5 Likes

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by cilifa: 8:32pm On May 07, 2015
socialmediaman:
We're days away from unearthing this grand deception and fraud. Let them "contunu" cool

1 Like

Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by HitlerGaddafi: 8:32pm On May 07, 2015
omostar:
Na wa for these herdmen o.

wetin we dey talk wetin this one dey talk ?
Re: We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC by cilifa: 8:32pm On May 07, 2015
otokx:
Please give us petrol at 87, all this reserve amounts to nothing if you can't do so.
hassan85:
Seriously speaking, GMBs government will have to do something about this "cabals" they holding the country to ransom. We MUST get our refinaries fixed. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. / Osun 2018 Election: The Story Of Tantolorun By Lasisi Olagunju / Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.