Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,320 members, 7,864,529 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:55 PM

If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? (319 Views)

Like Ethiopia, Like Nigeria: How China Helped Ethiopia Economy. / Use First 100 Days To Tackle Corruption, Revenue Leakages, NBA Tells Buhari / If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by 240naija(m): 9:04am On May 08, 2015
Reading Thousands of Comments here on Nairaland, Some Users sound like a Messiah and tend to end corruption if they emerge as the President of Nigeria. Corruption is Nigeria’s biggest problem, I guess you all know that also? …. but wait! What if you were given the Chance to become the President of Nigeria, How will you fight corruption and
put a stop to it?

Drop your Comment.

http://gist4real.com/2015/05/question-of-the-day-if-youre-the-president-of-nigeria-how-will-you-tackle-corruption/
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by drtwist(m): 9:42am On May 08, 2015
Op I think you have to restructure your post because it sound like you are quarrelling with people.

For me corruption can not b erase because even in develop world like US and england there is still corruption. Just that it should b minimizes to the lowest limit.

The best way of minimizing corruption is to make sure our law are well enforced a law that affect the rich mostly like Ghana is doing.
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by sinizia: 9:47am On May 08, 2015
Many problems are bedeviling Nigeria, too many to stop them. But i can try as much as i can. The following is what i will do:

1. Cancel the election that brought Thief.A. Orji to the Senate, and that, that made Ikpeazu the governor of Abia state. As far as any lover of justice is concerned, election didn't go on in Abia state.

2. Jail Thief .A. Orji for siting idle for 8 years of misrule in Abia state

3. Carry out an extensive and well-detailed investigation into the unparalled corruption in the NNPC and jail all culprits. Then revamp that sector and install seasoned technocrats with quality resumé to run the show with full transparency.

4. Cancel the amnesty program and look for better ways to compensate the ND region and not fattening the pockets of the few mórons like Boyloaf and Asari.

5. Retire all corrupt Army heads and appoint new trustworthy people to take control. Same thing applies to the Police force.

6. Set up a well-equipped Army or Police force to stop the blood-thirsty cattle rearers tha feed on human blood. Totally annihilate them.

7. Probe all corrupt leaders, past and present.

8. I'll revisit the call for Fiscal Federalism so as to empower states while i create special fund for the "not-so-viable"
states and region to move the nation forward.

9. Repair the refineries, even if once and gradually take away subsidy

10. Tackle the demon called Boko Haram and invest in education in the North because that region is backward, no offense.

11. Fight for the cutting of salary cost of the President, Senators, HOR, NASS, Governors, etc. A monthly fee of N200, 000 is a good start

12. Reduce the Presidential fleet of jets and sell the excesses off.

13. Stop all governors from purchasing expensive armored vehicles. And having excess convoy on any of their trips.

14. Persuade the courts to sentence Thief. A. Orji to death by lashing. angryangry
Re: If You’re The President Of Nigeria, How Will You Tackle Corruption? by CHM11: 9:56am On May 08, 2015
Stealing public funds is worse than murder.

I propose capital punishment-Death by firing squad for anybody caught stealing or mismanaging public funds for personal interests.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attack: Army Imposes 24-hour Curfew On Maiduguri / If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was In For It- Gov Amaechi / Boko Haram Attack Villages In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.