Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) (8061 Views)

Wow! This Has Got To Be The Most Sophisticated Photo Of Olajumoke So Far / Crowds Flock To Catholic Church After Image Of Virgin Mary Appears On Window -ph / Catholic Church Honours Benson Okonkwo In Enugu (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by bvibesblogger: 3:05pm On May 08, 2015
Report have emerged that a catholic church has been transformed into a mosque in the city of Venice, Italy.

According to prominent New York Times, Today, Friday, 8th, May 2015, as part of the Venice Biennale, a former Catholic church in the Cannaregio neighborhood will open its doors as a functioning mosque, its walls adorned with Arabic script, its floor covered with a prayer rug angled toward Mecca and its crucifix mosaics hidden behind a towering prayer niche.

It was learnt that for the next seven months Venice will find itself in the middle of a constant debate about Islam’s place in Europe.

Known for is arts and alluring architectural beauty, Venus remains one of the few European cities without a mosque near its historic centre, which has left Islamic residents with no choice than to pray in storerooms and shops.

Following the scene of a rising Islamophobia in Venice and Italy in general and fears like those in France which had to deal with a terrorist attack recently, Muslim leaders in Venice said they saw the proposal to create a temporary mosque as a perfect way to communicate their desire to more fully participate in the life of their city.

“Sometimes you need to show yourself, to show that you are peaceful and that you want people to see your culture,” said Mohamed Amin Al Ahdab, president of the Islamic Community of Venice, which represents Muslims of about 30 nationalities living in greater Venice.

Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by Tsanyawa: 3:09pm On May 08, 2015
1st to comment

GOOD any time I am in Venice I have where to pray.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by Kagarko(m): 3:18pm On May 08, 2015
Tsanyawa:

1st to comment

Yes oooh that's very nice and indeed a nice masjid for one to pray at anytime I visits vanice.

Alhamdulillah masha Allah.

4 Likes

Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by chineloSA(f): 3:20pm On May 08, 2015
Kagarko:

Yes oooh that's very nice and indeed a nice masjid for one to pray at anytime I visits vanice.

Alhamdulillah masha Allah.

Funny that Mecca or Saudi Arabia can never allow this to happen. cheesy cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by takleboy(m): 3:42pm On May 08, 2015
chineloSA:

Funny that Mecca or Saudi Arabia can never allow this to happen. cheesy cheesy
Sentimental u, go there and check d wellfarism of christains and compare it to that of muslims in xtian dominated countries. Tell me any islamic country that dint allow church to b? not even pakistan and afhganistan nor iraq and iran.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by chineloSA(f): 4:08pm On May 08, 2015
takleboy:

Sentimental u, go there and check d wellfarism of christains and compare it to that of muslims in xtian dominated countries. Tell me any islamic country that dint allow church to b? not even pakistan and afhganistan nor iraq and iran.

Not true at all. I am in Saudi, u cannot even bring a bible here. Here you cannot even say Jesus and walk free. Christians are the most oppressed here. Some Christian websites are banned, I was shocked that the cable TV managed to have a channel. Is Saudi Arabia there is no CHURCH. Don't lie. undecided undecided undecided

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by takleboy(m): 4:36pm On May 08, 2015
chineloSA:

Not true at all. I am in Saudi, u cannot even bring a bible here. Here you cannot even say Jesus and walk free. Christians are the most oppressed here. Some Christian websites are banned, I was shocked that the cable TV managed to have a channel. Is Saudi Arabia there is no CHURCH. Don't lie. undecided undecided undecided
Well, i wont argue anyfurther because i just check yr moniker and read one of ye thread regarding saudi, but i still dont want to bliv that there is no single church in d whole of saudi or a xtian non saudi cant be allowed to kip bible in his home and mind u muslims have bible too, pls note that saudi is the land of the two holy mosque for muslims, that in mecca and madinah, d culture might b oppressive to xtians or others likewise some other ppl culture is oppressive to muslims too. Just that xtians are quick to whine. back to nigeria, tell me if there is mosque in d core southeast and southwest state, delta, crossriver, bayelsa and so on, wia u find mosque is only in d barracks. But lest i forget i mention wellfarism that xtians in saudi got but thnk God i read one of yr thread and saw so many perks attached to yr jobs that u r entitle to. and y do u say oppress if wen u mind yr bisness u @ peace and no one is forcing u to go mosque, ma sista i know saudi isnt presenting a life like u r used to in nigeria. but i think wht they do is modest enuff
Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by chineloSA(f): 4:53pm On May 08, 2015
takleboy:

Well, i wont argue anyfurther because i just check yr moniker and read one of ye thread regarding saudi, but i still dont want to bliv that there is no single church in d whole of saudi or a xtian non saudi cant be allowed to kip bible in his home and mind u muslims have bible too, pls note that saudi is the land of the two holy mosque for muslims, that in mecca and madinah, d culture might b oppressive to xtians or others likewise some other ppl culture is oppressive to muslims too. Just that xtians are quick to whine. back to nigeria, tell me if there is mosque in d core southeast and southwest state, delta, crossriver, bayelsa and so on, wia u find mosque is only in d barracks. But lest i forget i mention wellfarism that xtians in saudi got but thnk God i read one of yr thread and saw so many perks attached to yr jobs that u r entitle to. and y do u say oppress if wen u mind yr bisness u @ peace and no one is forcing u to go mosque, ma sista i know saudi isnt presenting a life like u r used to in nigeria. but i think wht they do is modest enuff

All I was arguing was that Muslim countries treat christians well.I quoted Saudi Arabia your Muslim head office ( with Mecca and Medina ) and I told you there is no church. Their Laws do not permit such. Truly there is no church in Saudi Arabia and Christians are oppressed. Even in Pakistan you are talking about they have bombed Catholic Churches and killed several Christians. I am not sure which rock you have been living under. The perks you are talking about is irrelevant and lame argument. The fact is Muslims are much more intolerant in a lot of Muslim countries. Close good example, your brothers in the North, killing Christians and later Muslims.

Go back under that rock, it may be comfortable for you. Too ignorant for my liking.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by moneya(m): 4:53pm On May 08, 2015
takleboy:

saudi is one of the countries in the world with high rate of human rights abuse and anti-christain sentiment.
tell me how many christains are murder on daily basis.

3 Likes

Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by Chinum: 5:02pm On May 08, 2015
Tsanyawa:

1st to comment

Hope moslems will also learn to accommodate & be open for Christians to pray openly without fear in Mecca n other muslim countries.

2 Likes

Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by takleboy(m): 5:06pm On May 08, 2015
chineloSA:

All I was arguing was that Muslim countries treat christians well.I quoted Saudi Arabia your Muslim head office ( with Mecca and Medina ) and I told you there is no church. Their Laws do not permit such. Truly there is no church in Saudi Arabia and Christians are oppressed. Even in Pakistan you are talking about they have bombed Catholic Churches and killed several Christians. I am not sure which rocking you have been living under. The perks you are talking about is irrelevant and lame argument. The fact is Muslims are much more intolerant in a lot of Muslim countries. Close good example, your brothers in the North, killing Christians and later Muslims.

Go back under that rock, it may be comfortable for you. Too ignorant for my liking.
well! It seems u r disgruntled, but i wont take any offence in yr statements, d fact is there is a universal hostility and enmity btw d christiadom and muslims. I dont expect anyth less from u couple wit d fact that u live n work in a land wia u r subjected to what is in total conflicts of who u r. but are muslims rili intolerant, pls check that, i dont want to argue wit u i rada like to discuss common terms
Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by Chinum: 5:18pm On May 08, 2015
takleboy:

Well, i wont argue anyfurther because i just check yr moniker and read one of ye thread regarding saudi, but i still dont want to bliv that there is no single church in d whole of saudi or a xtian non saudi cant be allowed to kip bible in his home and mind u muslims have bible too, pls note that saudi is the land of the two holy mosque for muslims, that in mecca and madinah, d culture might b oppressive to xtians or others likewise some other ppl culture is oppressive to muslims too.

We both know that the bolded is false.

Just that xtians are quick to whine. back to nigeria, tell me if there is mosque in d core southeast and southwest state, delta, crossriver, bayelsa and so on, wia u find mosque is only in d barracks.

@ bolded, pls how many eastern n western states have you travelled to for you to have made this conclusion. In the village where I grew up, I used to wake up @5am to the early morning prayers coming from the mosque and it was not in any barracks.

But lest i forget i mention wellfarism that xtians in saudi got but thnk God i read one of yr thread and saw so many perks attached to yr jobs that u r entitle to. and y do u say oppress if wen u mind yr bisness u @ peace and no one is forcing u to go mosque, ma sista i know saudi isnt presenting a life like u r used to in nigeria. but i think wht they do is modest enuff

One of the problems ppl have with some self proclaimed 'liberal' moslems 'as they call themselves is that they are silently & indirectly in support of what bokoharam is doing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by JENMAUCY(f): 5:21pm On May 08, 2015
takleboy:

yes dear,there is a big mosque in ebonyi state,alongside their biggest market which is in their state capital. In delta state,they have mosque at every corner in warri,with the central mosque close to the state library,they just completed one magnificient mosque in igbudu market. Don't know about other states but in ebonyi state and delta state they are accomodated with their religion

5 Likes

Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by Yustash001(m): 5:37pm On May 08, 2015
Allahu Akbar....

1 Like

Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by takleboy(m): 5:38pm On May 08, 2015
Chinum:

One of the problems ppl have with some self proclaimed 'liberal' moslems 'as they call themselves is that they are silently & indirectly in support of what bokoharam is doing.
U said problems ppl av, u shud speak for yrsef. Silently and indirectly in support of boko, only if u know wat boko stands for and wat islam stands for.
Well! I am perceiving d hatred and seeing d counterulterance discourse, itz well wit u all. 'Surely u will be sorry when God put u right'
Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by Chinum: 5:50pm On May 08, 2015
Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by Chinum: 5:50pm On May 08, 2015
takleboy:

U said problems ppl av, u shud speak for yrsef. Silently and indirectly in support of boko, only if u know wat boko stands for and wat islam stands for.
Oh well, taking a cue from ur thoughts in this thread we needn't go far.

Well! I am perceiving d hatred and seeing d counterulterance discourse, itz well wit u all. Yea, just as my parents hate me when they criticise my wrong doings.

'Surely u will be sorry when God put u right'
So now u are the victim n we are the villain undecided

1 Like

Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by takleboy(m): 6:17pm On May 08, 2015
[quote author=Chinum post=33546245][/quote]
Cue that av consistenly led u to misinterpretation misconception misunderstanding and misquotation.
I aint advocating any likeness from u other than you shud see tins wit plain mind.
Villain as a results of unneccessary hostility u keeping,
Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by Ezenwammadu(m): 6:18pm On May 08, 2015
takleboy:

There is a very big 100 years old central mosque in onitsha besides main market so hide your face in shame

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by omicron(m): 6:24pm On May 08, 2015
takleboy:

First time I entered a mosque was the Central mosque in Enugu. It's a big, busy mosque.

Growing up in the 90s, during the military regime, if we wanted to see the Governor, we would just line up along the road to the mosque around 2pm on Fridays.

So there are mosques in core christian states and they do their business just fine.

Just saying.

2 Likes

Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by takleboy(m): 6:40pm On May 08, 2015
all your objections are noted. make peace
Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by mohammedmagnus: 6:51pm On May 08, 2015
After reading comments, I can bear witness that there are mosques in the eastern part of Nigeria, because I have domiciled there. And as for the hatred issue, muslims who hate christians or people of other religions are people who don't really understand islam. The prophet Mohammed (SAW) even forbade extremisim. If you have an evil heart naturally religion can help you amplify the evil in you.
Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:10pm On May 08, 2015
^^^^^ Story for the gods

3 Likes

Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by fr3do(m): 10:07pm On May 08, 2015
takleboy:

Stop deceiving yourself, Saudi Arabia is a very intolerant country.
Religious fundamentalism is the bread they eat, the air they breath.
Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by fr3do(m): 10:14pm On May 08, 2015
mohammedmagnus:
After reading comments, I can bear witness that there are mosques in the eastern part of Nigeria, because I have domiciled there. And as for the hatred issue, muslims who hate christians or people of other religions are people who don't really understand islam. The prophet Mohammed (SAW) even forbade extremisim. If you have an evil heart naturally religion can help you amplify the evil in you.

Haba, which kind lie be this!
The violence in the Old Testament na learner for where violence in the Quaran dey.

Make una dey dey truthful to unaself.

1 Like

Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by fr3do(m): 10:21pm On May 08, 2015
takleboy:

well! It seems u r disgruntled, but i wont take any offence in yr statements, d fact is there is a universal hostility and enmity btw d christiadom and muslims. I dont expect anyth less from u couple wit d fact that u live n work in a land wia u r subjected to what is in total conflicts of who u r. but are muslims rili intolerant, pls check that, i dont want to argue wit u i rada like to discuss common terms

Islam is the most intolerant religion.
Think about the apotasy law that prescribes death to people who leave the religion.

The religion is by fire by force, no love just doctrine.

1 Like

Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by SuperSuave(m): 11:08pm On May 08, 2015
Not nice at all sad
Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by Holywizard: 12:00am On May 09, 2015
I hate catholism... Worshippers of Idols
Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by Chinum: 12:34am On May 09, 2015
Holywizard:
I hate catholism...
Worshippers of Idols
Shoro niyen
Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by Nobody: 1:40am On May 09, 2015
hmm
Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 2:03am On May 09, 2015
Issorait
Re: Wow!this Catholic Church Is Now A Mosque (photos) by mohammedmagnus: 6:35am On May 09, 2015
fr3do:

Haba, which kind lie be this!
The violence in the Old Testament na learner for where violence in the Quaran dey.

Make una dey dey truthful to unaself.
well what I would say is believe in what you want to believe, while I believe in what I want to believe. I don't really do comparative religion. Sallam

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Kenechukwu Ezeh Beautiful Naija Female Barber Who Does Magic With Clipper / Surgery Gone Wrong: Nigerian Lady Shows Off Questionable Gigantic Ikebe!! / UNILORIN Student Sextape Saga With Guy She Met On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.