Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader (27317 Views)

Woman Who Went Unclad In Protest For Zambian Opposition Leader Jailed. Photos / "I Am Sorry" Tony Blair Apologizes For Iraq War / Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by hunri(m): 4:49am On May 09, 2015
coolebux:
Cute bros

very soon, haters from the s/waste will cluster and disrupt this good news

we be rising, haters be hating.
you are a waste product... what are your brothers and sisters doing in southwest? This person in question has nothing to do with your south east. Get a life okay.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Nobody: 5:54am On May 09, 2015
hairyanus:

I am proudly a middle belta...but be sure, i wont condescend so low to hating a people i meet everyday. Hate kills. Life is brighter and better with Love. Love your neighbour the holy book tells me. I focus on that.

Good of you, a middle belter that refuses to be blinded by hatred for people he meets everyday, Can you please tell that to the IGBOs that derive pleasure in hating their neighbors in whose land they are making a living and refusing to leave other peoples land.,but rather calls the place NO MANS LAND.

I have had cause to say this before, if the ibos feel so threatened everywhere, why can't they go back to igboland and develop it, there are more igbos outside iboland than in iboland itself, why? Interestingly the ibos like linking themselves to the Israelites, but Israel is one of the most developed countries of the world because isralites come back home to develop Israel, why can't ibos do same.
iboland remains the most underdeveloped region in Nigeria worse than even the desert and boko haram ravaged north. All we hear from ibos is how they have developed other peoples town.............this people have no shame.......smh
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by cupidFlint(m): 6:00am On May 09, 2015
dunkem21:
Umunna bu ike ..Nwata choba nke ya, O buru ajo nwa.

Onye asi jidekwa ka iji ..nke oji di mma.
Cha cha cha!!! Umu Igbo kwenu!!!!

1 Like

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by phabulux: 6:02am On May 09, 2015
oneeast:
Anambra born Chuka Umunna is the next in line to become the British Prime minister.

Anambra adigo mma..truly the Light of the entire black Nations.

You are a bloody fooooll! Your kinsman is the second in line to become the leader of a party that may not even win in another country, and you're happy. Why is he not here to contribute to the development of that backward place you hail from?
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by queensmith: 6:03am On May 09, 2015
hairyanus:
Wise men are from the East. No be me talk am.
Even God chose his dear nation in the middle East.

Instead of hating this people, Integrate them in fully into Nigeria so they can bring their business prowess and ingenuity to bare. The guy is so good they made him Shawdowy Business secretary..whatever that means..he is in charge of business.

I salute his father who gave him thick Igbo name...imagine if it was David Stocking...choyi...that will mean lost forever...make i hear say my wife give any of my children English name.

It appears hatred is the fuel for the success of Igbos.

Mind you, my beautiful wife is Igbo....I dont regret having that blood in my kids.

The person who wrote this needs his head examined.chuka is as igbo as he is nigerian grin grin the man has probably never stepped foot in Nigeria and wouldn't give a toss if the country went to hell.

@topic we are already ready and waiting. Chuka can win Britain over. Labour's leaders have been the problem since TB.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by oneeast: 6:06am On May 09, 2015
Anambra born Chuka Umunna has the full backing of the Labor, Blair and the royal family to become the next British PM. cool

Igbos have taken over UK. For the whiners, you can continue crying if this piece of good news is not healthy for you tongue

1 Like

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Reference(m): 6:23am On May 09, 2015
cap28:
chuka umunna being grilled by a british journalist - read the comments below this youtube clip and you will start to have an idea of what I mean when I say the English will never vote for this man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFIQFBYlKo8

some of the comments by british people about this clip:

"It's so tragic - it comes across so clearly that 'CHUKKA UMUNA' is desperate to be white and British. Nothing about this man is British. Please go back to your native land chukk"

"Chuka Umunna is absolutely sh.it in interviews"

"Chuka Umunna is a fucking re..tard, he only has anecdotal information I've never heard him give hard facts. for all i know he might not be able to count at all."

"This Chuka creep was discovered altering his own Wikipedia page where he called himself the British Barack Obama. Ironically Barack has been a complete disaster so maybe the parallel is on the mark! Needless to say, I think Britain is worth saving so therefore, I will NOT be voting Labour. Bloody traitors who want tying to stakes on November 5th....you can guess the rest!! "

"so why should working class voters vote for millionare chukka umunna? this is whats wrong with labour get back to its working class roots or lose to ukip. how anyone except immigrants wants to vote labour is a mystery and I used to be a labour voter"

"I cannot stand this man; he oozes insincerity, and literally never fails to come across badly to the viewer. Yet in the name of political correctness, we all know where he'll end up."

"What a tedious, empty-headed c..unt."

"I cannot stand this guy (Chukka)! absolute tw..at! this guy is disappearing up his own backside at a severe rate of knots!
He always starts his response by diverting to a self indulging statement - sycophant!
I sincerely hope he never ever gets in a position of power!
He never answers a direct question because he can`t!!!"

oops Chuka looks like you're not white enough for the British public undecided undecided

Hey, this is absolutely normal for any, I repeat any politician. And we take it in stride. Haven't we said worse about our leaders here in Nigeria. Doesn't change the facts. I feel it remains several decades in the making for a man of colour to ascend to the summit of British politics but you cannot but admire the progress made and the courage of the man himself.

5 Likes

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by InvertedHammer: 6:28am On May 09, 2015
oneeast:
Anambra born Chuka Umunna is the next in line to become the British Prime minister.

/
This is not news.

Everyone from my town is born great.

So when I talk, you people should tap into my blessings. wink...wink.

Ogbunka all the way!

Anambra all the way!!!

\

2 Likes

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by InvertedHammer: 6:31am On May 09, 2015
Reference:

Hey, this is absolutely normal for any, I repeat any politician. And we take it in stride. Haven't we said worse about our leaders here in Nigeria. Doesn't change the facts. I feel it remains several decades in the making for a man of colour to ascend to the summit of British politics but you cannot but admire the progress made and the courage of the man himself.
/
His skin colour is enough to create this kind of hatred just the same way Obama is being pummeled on a daily basis.

If you really want to see hatred magnified, let Chuka run and win anything in Lagos....even Oba Akiolu will go into cardiac arrest.

\

1 Like

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Skywalker5(m): 6:31am On May 09, 2015
You guys are funny.u think he considers himself a Nigerian? I am getting tired of African's trying to associate themselves with someone who is not associating with then.Just like when kenyans were happy Obama was president.What has he done to the land of his ancestors? Celebrate people who associate with your country.

Besides the British won't vote for him as prime minister. This will give UKIP more power.British people are still angry at having Asian and black MP,u think they will now want a black PM?
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by DonDiego(m): 6:33am On May 09, 2015
betty202020:
I am full blooded igboman from orlu, imo state but it will not stop me from saying the truth. Let us stop hatefu and inciting comments. Infact "if u cant say something good about somebody, just shut up." even if people u are refering spews hatred, you should know that "TWO WRONGS CAN NOT MAKE A RIGHT."

You're right bro. What is wrong is wrong. Some of our Igbo brethren just unnecessarily look for the wahala of our SWest brothers with their provocative comments. You can still hail your own person without insulting other people.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by bonechamberlain(m): 6:33am On May 09, 2015
ezelion:

you are powerless. wait til u get there
" wait til u get there" I believe u get to wherever u want by "waiting". Oga the majority of problems in the world is not caused by the might of evil men but by the silence of good men.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by betty202020(m): 6:39am On May 09, 2015
wiseoneking:
yah bro, you are right but these guys do provoke the igbos and get it hot from them. If only envy and jelousy will die, both tribes would have a healthy competition. Yorubas are great and among the most intelligent black ethnic group in the world but honestly, igbos are the greatest allmost in every sides except in culture and devotion to their deities
thank you my dear, let love reign.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by cutietokunbo: 6:44am On May 09, 2015
coolebux:
Cute bros

Yes, we ll be here to say the truth to drug traffickers, armed robbers, good for nothing idiotts, kidnappers, haters, immigrants and of course second fiddlers.

Oh yea!!!!! Labour leader my foot; keep dreaming. To become a Labour leader is not a big deal but to succeed it's what d issue is. This guy case ll be worse than Jonathan and Miliband failures at the poll if he dares come out to contest general election for the position of prime minister.

First and foremost, let me tell you fools here why it was easy for him to become an MP in UK. He became an MP simply cos he represents minority community which is Streatham. Streatham is dominated by black African people from different part of the world but the popular ones among them are Jamaicans, Nigerians, Ghananians, Trinidad and Tobago, East Europeans etc.
As an African or Black man in Streatham, You have automatically won the election before d election day; period.

Labour party is a Black community party cos of their stance on immigration policies which is d reason why their popularity among British citizens is completely zero except black/minority community.

Labour party is not welcomed among Omo oniles(White British and other whites) just like here in Nigeria where Yorubas and Hausas don't want you as immigrant and your likes.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by timilehing(m): 6:51am On May 09, 2015
None of my concerns. Good governance is all I care about
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Nobody: 6:55am On May 09, 2015
They shouldn't go and kill him o,Britons are not as tolerant as Americans..

1 Like

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by emilyone(f): 6:59am On May 09, 2015
cutietokunbo:

Yes, we ll be here to say the truth to drug traffickers, armed robbers, good for nothing idiotts, kidnappers, haters, immigrants and of course second fiddlers.
Oh yea!!!!! Labour leader my foot; keep dreaming. To become a Labour leader is not a big deal but to succeed it's what d issue is. This guy case ll be worse than Jonathan and Miliband failures at the poll if he dares come out to contest general election for the position of prime minister.
First and foremost, let me tell you fools here why it was easy for him to become an MP in UK. He became an MP simply cos he represents minority community which is Streatham. Streatham is dominated by black African people from different part of the world but the popular ones among them are Jamaicans, Nigerians, Ghananians, Trinidad and Tobago, East Europeans etc.
As an African or Black man in Streatham, You have automatically won the election before d election day; period.
Labour party is a Black community party cos of their stance on immigration policies which is d reason why their popularity among British citizens is completely zero except black/minority community.
Labour party is not welcomed among Omo oniles(White British and other whites) just like here in Nigeria where Yorubas and Hausas don't want you as immigrant and your likes.
Now I'm getting the picture
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Pontaboki: 7:02am On May 09, 2015
You will die of Heart attack one day.You and your Hausa terrorist brothers will die looking for Oil in the South Southquote author=cutietokunbo post=33558765]

[/quote]
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by betty202020(m): 7:10am On May 09, 2015
DonDiego:

You're right bro. What is wrong is wrong. Some of our Igbo brethren just unnecessarily look for the wahala of our SWest brothers with their provocative comments. You can still hail your own person without insulting other people.
we need one love to build naija up and leave in PEACE.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by fr3do(m): 7:15am On May 09, 2015
coolebux:
Cute bros

Nigga grow up
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by zendy: 7:21am On May 09, 2015
cap28:

I am Igbo so this has nothing to do with tribalism or jealousy, I am simply stating the truth, I live in the UK and I know how whites who make up 90% of the population think of black people, Umunna may be half white but in their eyes he is not a son of the soil and therefore will never be accepted by them as a leader. Obama was successful in the US because blacks and Hispanics overwhelmingly voted for him and they constitute a sizeable proportion of the US population, UK blacks (who are likely to vote for Umunna in overwhelming numbers) only make up about 3% of the british population so black people in the UK are insignificant as far as politics is concerned here in the UK.

The british labour party are now so desperate to get back into office that they are now clutching at straws, it doesn't matter how much they compare Umunna to Obama it is not going to convince staunch white English racists to vote in a half black british man as their future PM.

You maybe right in your assertion but if you followed the general elections, you would see that Labour needs to come up with a 'Tony Blair' right now after their disastrous outing. Ed Miliband had no charisma. An Obama type effect may just be what Labour needs. It's a gamble but a Blackman being the leader of a major political party like Labour could have an electrifying effect especially amongst younger voters. The so called racists you talk about usually don't vote in election. Personally, my favourite for Labour leader is yevette cooper even though I'm Igbo but I still like Umunna.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Ilekeh(f): 7:24am On May 09, 2015
Chuka got there with support from Yorubas in the UK.

Igbos are their own let down. Keep alienating Yorubas with your ego and you'll finish this Igbo/British's hybrid political career. Think I'm wrong?
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Nobody: 7:29am On May 09, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Mere answering the name chuka umunna (igbo name) already signifies he accept to be a Nigerian.
Absolutely my friend.

1 Like

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Lachynos2k2(m): 7:32am On May 09, 2015
betty202020:
I am full blooded igboman from orlu, imo state but it will not stop me from saying the truth. Let us stop hateful and inciting comments. Infact "if u cant say something good about somebody, just shut up." even if people u are refering spews hatred, you should know that "TWO WRONGS CAN NOT MAKE A RIGHT."
udo diri gi nwannam nwoke..u spoke wisely...I rep ihioma.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Nobody: 7:35am On May 09, 2015
Mistermamus:
chiwetalu ejiofor nkor when he waz asked u are Nigerian his reply was no am a British-nigerian dey won't fully say or accept dey are Nigerian. buh indirectly hope u get my point.
It's obviously because of the bad reputation Nigeria has,let our reputation turn around for the better and see how a lot of Britons and Americans whom we never knew were Nigerians begin to openly claim Nigeria;bad reputation has affected our citizens scattered around the world.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Nobody: 7:37am On May 09, 2015
seedorfg:
dont be suprised, a nigerian would be an american president one day
Definitely an Igbo man 'cause our other brothers are cowards and lazy to take up challenges.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Armaggedon: 7:38am On May 09, 2015
lookooman:

Good of you, a middle belter that refuses to be blinded by hatred for people he meets everyday, Can you please tell that to the IGBOs that derive pleasure in hating their neighbors in whose land they are making a living and refusing to leave other peoples land.,but rather calls the place NO MANS LAND.

I have had cause to say this before, if the ibos feel so threatened everywhere, why can't they go back to igboland and develop it, there are more igbos outside iboland than in iboland itself, why? Interestingly the ibos like linking themselves to the Israelites, but Israel is one of the most developed countries of the world because isralites come back home to develop Israel, why can't ibos do same.
iboland remains the most underdeveloped region in Nigeria worse than even the desert and boko haram ravaged north. All we hear from ibos is how they have developed other peoples town.............this people have no shame.......smh
cry cry baby i want to see your mummy grin
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Etogist: 7:41am On May 09, 2015
Biafrans everywhere you go . I'm grateful to God who made me an Igbo cos If you are not an Igbo you can never be onye Igbo.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by betty202020(m): 7:48am On May 09, 2015
Lachynos2k2:
udo diri gi nwannam nwoke..u spoke wisely...I rep ihioma.
Nwannem, am happy to know u are in the forum. Chukwu gozie gi. I rep EZIACHI

1 Like

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by cromz(m): 8:07am On May 09, 2015
hairyanus:
Wise men are from the East. No be me talk am.
Even God chose his dear nation in the middle East.

Instead of hating this people, Integrate them in fully into Nigeria so they can bring their business prowess and ingenuity to bare. The guy is so good they made him Shawdowy Business secretary..whatever that means..he is in charge of business.

I salute his father who gave him thick Igbo name...imagine if it was David Stocking...choyi[img][/img]...that will mean lost forever...make i hear say my wife give any of my children English name.

It appears hatred is the fuel for the success of Igbos.

Mind you, my beautiful wife is Igbo....I dont regret having that blood in my kids.
yes ooo but nobi only Igbo's na see as my WALE dey flow with five star artists mehn (lilwayne,Nicki minaj,Jeremiah,kanye west etc)na god say make him baba name him wale if nobinobi so him Yoruba ancestry for don lost.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by seedorfg(m): 8:11am On May 09, 2015
hmmmm undecided
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by cromz(m): 8:12am On May 09, 2015
oneeast:
Anambra born Chuka Umunna is the next in line to become the British Prime minister. cool

lolz u think say england na Lagos and don't forget the topic "tony Blair wants chuka umaunna to be labour leader" not "chuka umaunna is labour leader" u think DAT will happen when the queen of England is still alive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban / The World Is At Pivotal Moment - Antonio Guterres (Pictures) / Miami Building Collapse: Firefighters Trawl The Rubbles As 99 Still Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.