Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader (27303 Views)

Woman Who Went Unclad In Protest For Zambian Opposition Leader Jailed. Photos / "I Am Sorry" Tony Blair Apologizes For Iraq War / Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Nobody: 8:20am On May 09, 2015
ashson:
What has he done to deserve that?
Why don't you ask your ancestors.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Nobody: 8:26am On May 09, 2015
Mistermamus:
diz 1 naw person ask am are u Nigerian? d speed e go use deny am ehn go shock d person sef.

Keep your resentments, he could have changed his name if he wanted. Did he? Not even the first name.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by hairyanus: 8:26am On May 09, 2015
lookooman:

Good of you, a middle belter that refuses to be blinded by hatred for people he meets everyday, Can you please tell that to the IGBOs that derive pleasure in hating their neighbors in whose land they are making a living and refusing to leave other peoples land.,but rather calls the place NO MANS LAND.

I have had cause to say this before, if the ibos feel so threatened everywhere, why can't they go back to igboland and develop it, there are more igbos outside iboland than in iboland itself, why? Interestingly the ibos like linking themselves to the Israelites, but Israel is one of the most developed countries of the world because isralites come back home to develop Israel, why can't ibos do same.
iboland remains the most underdeveloped region in Nigeria worse than even the desert and boko haram ravaged north. All we hear from ibos is how they have developed other peoples town.............this people have no shame.......smh

Again, your post is filled with hate and pain. Make you no go kill yourself over those ppl. They no send you oo. To say Igbo land is the most under developed region is not only a Fat lie but shows you have never visited that region. When i was going to marry my wife. I was at Enugu to see the uncle who trained her. I was at Imo to see the parents based the. We did trad marriage at Onitsha. What my eye saw in those 3states is the wonders of architecture and development competition. I doubted if there was civil war in that region and if they were defeated. Dont stay in your cocoon and decieve yourself that Igbos are not developing their land. There is unimaginable development and building competition going on in Igboland. On them scattered all over the world is their inner quest to succeed and dominate. They have rascals lije we do in my own tribe and yours but majority of Igbos i have met are good people who wont hurt a fly. Just dont interfer in their business or envy them obviously.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Nobody: 8:30am On May 09, 2015
slimmytimmy:
4get free browsing!!! Buy ur instant data and cheat both for pc and fone...only on glo and mtn. MTN 2.5gb for 1k and glo 2.5gb for 950......to get ur instant datas cal 08073505139, whatsapp 08063317172, BBM 29406D47...it works!!

Meanwhile, this guy am quoting is a common street criminal, someone should alert an admin.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Nobody: 8:37am On May 09, 2015
lookooman:

Good of you, a middle belter that refuses to be blinded by hatred for people he meets everyday, Can you please tell that to the IGBOs that derive pleasure in hating their neighbors in whose land they are making a living and refusing to leave other peoples land.,but rather calls the place NO MANS LAND.

I have had cause to say this before, if the ibos feel so threatened everywhere, why can't they go back to igboland and develop it, there are more igbos outside iboland than in iboland itself, why? Interestingly the ibos like linking themselves to the Israelites, but Israel is one of the most developed countries of the world because isralites come back home to develop Israel, why can't ibos do same.
iboland remains the most underdeveloped region in Nigeria worse than even the desert and boko haram ravaged north. All we hear from ibos is how they have developed other peoples town.............this people have no shame.......smh

You should visit the East sometime. It's not ibo, it's "igbo"

2 Likes

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by DukeNija(m): 8:37am On May 09, 2015
cap28:

I am Igbo so this has nothing to do with tribalism or jealousy, I am simply stating the truth, I live in the UK and I know how whites who make up 90% of the population think of black people, Umunna may be half white but in their eyes he is not a son of the soil and therefore will never be accepted by them as a leader. Obama was successful in the US because blacks and Hispanics overwhelmingly voted for him and they constitute a sizeable proportion of the US population, UK blacks (who are likely to vote for Umunna in overwhelming numbers) only make up about 3% of the british population so black people in the UK are insignificant as far as politics is concerned here in the UK.

The british labour party are now so desperate to get back into office that they are now clutching at straws, it doesn't matter how much they compare Umunna to Obama it is not going to convince staunch white English racists to vote in a half black british man as their future PM.

Funny enough, I said all these things about Obama in 2008. Exactly these same words. Irrespective of what you feel, learn to never say never.

2 Likes

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by DukeNija(m): 8:40am On May 09, 2015
lookooman:

Lol. You are pained. Hahahahaa. Igbos are taking over everywhere including UK where yolobas have over populated. Peckham couldn't raise an mp. Lol
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by DukeNija(m): 8:42am On May 09, 2015
phabulux:

You are a bloody fooooll! Your kinsman is the second in line to become the leader of a party that may not even win in another country, and you're happy. Why is he not here to contribute to the development of that backward place you hail from?

Haha haha your pain is real. Hahahaa
Go and die Yoloba fool. London is over crowded with you people yet an Igbo man is set to be their next PM.
One word, go and die.

1 Like

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Mistermamus(m): 8:47am On May 09, 2015
njays24:
It's obviously because of the bad reputation Nigeria has,let our reputation turn around for the better and see how a lot of Britons and Americans whom we never knew were Nigerians begin to openly claim Nigeria;bad reputation has affected our citizens scattered around the world.
yes u ryt
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by phabulux: 9:13am On May 09, 2015
DukeNija:

Go and die Yoloba fool. London is over crowded with you people yet an Igbo man is set to be their next PM.
One word, go and die.

In one word - madness! That's what afflicts you. No education. You said one word but wrote three.

Yoloba?

Dumb mother-fucker!

The only thing that pains me is this enduring belief that you are entirely hopeless.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by hilary26(m): 9:17am On May 09, 2015
ashson:
What has he done to deserve that?

Don't hate him already. It's God's blessing.
Igbos are thriving by their God-given virtues.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by hilary26(m): 9:25am On May 09, 2015
cap28:
The Labour party will never regain power if they put Umunna in charge of their party as the white English electorate will not be able to get beyond the fact that he is half black.
A word is enough for the wise - the UK is not the United States. wink

Have you heard about Change!
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by EreluY(f): 9:55am On May 09, 2015
WHATEVER CHANCES HE HAS, ANY LINKS WITH TONY BLAIR (AND OLD LABOUR BANDWAGON) WOULD ABORT HIS DREAM. I SUPPOSE DAVID LAMMY, WHO APPEARED ON THE BBC THIS MORNING IS ALSO EYEING THE POSITION.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Donclaracuzo: 10:34am On May 09, 2015
Well, I hope those of us who feels that ndi Igbo are illegal immigrants in Nigeria (Lagos) hopes to see British boiling by threatening Nigerians in all and in this case, wishing Nigerians death by jumping from the London bridge if they do support Tony Blair's candidate. In Uk, every Nigerian is a Nigerian. Noffin like Igbo, hausa or yoruba. How would u feel mr kabiyesisi

1 Like

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Nobody: 10:41am On May 09, 2015
hairyanus:
Wise men are from the East. No be me talk am.
Even God chose his dear nation in the middle East.

Instead of hating this people, Integrate them in fully into Nigeria so they can bring their business prowess and ingenuity to bare. The guy is so good they made him Shawdowy Business secretary..whatever that means..he is in charge of business.

I salute his father who gave him thick Igbo name...imagine if it was David Stocking...choyi...that will mean lost forever...make i hear say my wife give any of my children English name.

It appears hatred is the fuel for the success of Igbos.

Mind you, my beautiful wife is Igbo....I dont regret having that blood in my kids.

Foolish lots,he is even more British than Ed Miliband, the mum is Irish, he has English heritage, his dad is Nigerian, he probably has not step his foot in Nigerian, he clearly is mixed race. All the euphoria about him being Nigerian is rubbish, born and bread in Britain, educated there, he is British and not Nigerian. make your own great leaders and stop trying to reap where you have not sowed, Britain made him.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by enzony(m): 10:44am On May 09, 2015
cap28:
chuka umunna being grilled by a british journalist - read the comments below this youtube clip and you will start to have an idea of what I mean when I say the English will never vote

some of the comments by british people about this clip:

"It's so tragic - it comes across so clearly that 'CHUKKA UMUNA' is desperate to be white and British.

Tell yourself the truth, you're full of hate for Chuka Umunna. Stop it, hatred destroys. He might still get to a position of power despite haters like you. FYI, many white Americans hated Obama and didn't vote for him yet he won.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by 50calibre(m): 10:51am On May 09, 2015
First!! Lets get one thing clear, the only thing Nigerian about this guy is the DNA he got from his father. As a matter of fact, he blames Nigeria for the death of his father.

Tony Blair has a radical way of thinking, & that's what most people love about him however, this right here is nothing more than wishful thinking.

The UK isn't like the US, this is a country that has been in existence for centuries (way longer than the US) and has never had a black person occupy any position of political significance. The UK has a very solid, long-standing aristocratic system which guarantees power remains within the so called "blue-bloods" and the privileged few (which are typically upperclass whites). This system is almost impregnable for a black man, you won't even be allowed to get close to a position where you might begin to pose a significant threat.

Unlike the US which is more open and radical in various regards, the UK operates a very conservative society where political correctness, hypocrisy and window dressing matters a lot more than the real issues. Taking into account the UK is almost 90% white, most of which are inherently racist (though they conceal it nicely) the odds are really stacked up against ethnic minoritities.

Personality-wise, Chuka Umunna is nothing like Obama, he's bland and uncharismatic. He's not the uniting force that Obama was, this guy barely relates with black folks (except maybe in his constituency) I'm not sure he's married, but if he is, then go check I'm sure his wife is white.... he's the type of nigga they call so uptight and almost white.

Despite being a shadow-business secretary, he's almost invincible in the Labour Party structure, this is not a good sign.

If there's ever going to be a black PM, it has to be someone charismatic with a bit of contemporary swag along with the zest and gravitas to unite people beyond racial and cultural boundaries, something close to a black Boris Johnson.

When that person comes along (if that person is ever allowed to see the light of day) wake me up then.

1 Like

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Nobody: 11:03am On May 09, 2015
50calibre:
First!! Lets get one thing clear, the only thing Nigerian about this guy is the DNA he got from his father. As a matter of fact, he blames Nigeria for the death of his father.

Tony Blair has a radical way of thinking, & that's what most people love about him however, this right here is nothing more than wishful thinking.

The UK isn't like the US, this is a country that has been in existence for centuries (way longer than the US) and has never had a black person occupy any position of political significance. The UK has a very solid, long-standing aristocratic system which guarantees power remains within the so called "blue-bloods" and the privileged few (which are typically upperclass whites). This system is almost impregnable for a black man, you won't even be allowed to get close to a position where you might begin to pose a significant threat.

Unlike the US which is more open and radical in various regards, the UK operates a very conservative society where political correctness, hypocrisy and window dressing matters a lot more than the real issues. Taking into account the UK is almost 90% white, most of which are inherently racist (though they conceal it nicely) the odds are really stacked up against ethnic minoritities.

Personality-wise, Chuka Umunna is nothing like Obama, he's bland and uncharismatic. He's not the uniting force that Obama was, this guy barely relates with black folks (except maybe in his constituency) I'm not sure he's married, but if he is, then go check I'm sure his wife is white.... he's the type of nigga they call so uptight and almost white.

Despite being a shadow-business secretary, he's almost invincible in the Labour Party structure, this is not a good sign.

If there's ever going to be a black PM, it has to be someone charismatic with a bit of contemporary swag along with the zest and gravitas to unite people beyond racial and cultural boundaries, something close to a black Boris Johnson.

When that person comes along (if that person is ever allowed to see the light of day) wake me up then.

I have to disagree with your perceived view of chuka, I don't know the chuka you were referring to in your post, but chuka ummuna is definitely charismatic, the only credible canditate to take labour forward, with the exception of david miliband, I do not see any credible candidate within the labour circle at the moment, Andy Burham is being tipped to the post, and he, in my view is an epitome of how now to win another General election, even the financial time (FT) in one of their article yesterday, regarded chuka ummuna as the man the tory fears.

The only downside for him in my view is that, he appears too dominant, and a bit forceful.

2 Likes

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by enzony(m): 11:06am On May 09, 2015
50calibre:

The UK isn't like the US, this is a country that has been in existence for centuries (way longer than the US) and has never had a black person occupy any position of political significance. The UK has a very solid, long-standing aristocratic system which guarantees power remains within the so called "blue-bloods" and the privileged few (which are typically upperclass whites). This system is almost impregnable for a black man, you won't even be allowed to get close to a position where you might begin to pose a significant .

Ed Miliband has an immigrant father. Is he also of the aristocracy? And he was allowed to pose a threat as Labour leader? You all should stop these negative imaginations.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by delors(m): 11:14am On May 09, 2015
hairyanus:
Wise men are from the East. No be me talk am.
Even God chose his dear nation in the middle East.

Instead of hating this people, Integrate them in fully into Nigeria so they can bring their business prowess and ingenuity to bare. The guy is so good they made him Shawdowy Business secretary..whatever that means..he is in charge of business.

I salute his father who gave him thick Igbo name...imagine if it was David Stocking...choyi...that will mean lost forever...make i hear say my wife give any of my children English name.

It appears hatred is the fuel for the success of Igbos.

Mind you, my beautiful wife is Igbo....I dont regret having that blood in my kids.

I don't get, who's hating on them? undecided No one. Who's not trying to integrate them into Nigeria? They themselves. Or did non-easterners create Biafra? Did non-easterners ask late Ojukwu to start a civil war of secession?
That is one of your issues: you create unwarranted sentiments. Ibos are part and parcel of Nigeria, welcomed everywhere but they are the architect of their own misFortune?
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by chimoskyg(m): 12:09pm On May 09, 2015
Igbos outing Nigeria in the World map since 1950s
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by OneNaira6: 12:11pm On May 09, 2015
lookooman:

[b]iboland remains the most underdeveloped region in Nigeria [/b]worse than even the desert and boko haram ravaged north. All we hear from ibos is how they have developed other peoples town.............this people have no shame.......smh

Lmfaooo. This coming from a man from SW. A region whose cities are almost like villages
Even the capital cities are equivalent to villages from oshgbo to Abeokuta to ado ekiti, etc... all we see are completely and utter poverty, underdevelopment, etc. Of ibo land is the least developed in Nigeria then those things in SW which una call "cities" must be the non development of Nigeria. It is even hard to differentiate your cities from your villages, talkless of even knowing whether it got stuck in 10th century and refused to move farther.

4 Likes

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by OneNaira6: 12:13pm On May 09, 2015
delors:

I don't get, who's hating on them? undecided No one. Who's not trying to integrate them into Nigeria? They themselves. Or did non-easterners create Biafra? Did non-easterners ask late Ojukwu to start a civil war of secession?
That is one of your issues: you create unwarranted sentiments. Ibos are part and parcel of Nigeria, welcomed everywhere but they are the architect of their own misFortune?

Did they or did they n o t say the want Nothing to do with Nigeria? Did they attack Nigeria first or dis Nigeria attack them first?
You ppl dragged igbo back to the miserable, eorthless, backwards, underdeveloped Nigeria and ever since them been suffocating us with una backwardness. One day, the mistake lord luggard did will be solved. Will be free from this worthless piece of sh1t una call a nation

3 Likes

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Jobneeded12: 12:16pm On May 09, 2015
Congrats
We Yorubas have 3 mayors
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by OneNaira6: 12:17pm On May 09, 2015
DukeNija:

One word, go and die.

Lmfaoooo. London or rather UK is over packed with yorubas yet they are known for criminal behaviors in UK. Over flown in UK prisons while the minority igbos among them are winning leadership roles. I hope those igbo ppl makes sure they disassociates themselves from yoruba. The reputation that tribe has up there is sicken and very much hatred. They better do the right thing or unless, chuka or whatever his name is will never even get the opportunity.

4 Likes

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by babestella: 12:50pm On May 09, 2015
lookooman:

I can see that you'll never change, your comment is full of bile. Keep hating the îgbis who have done nothing but love others. The Igbos don't hate, that is why you see them everywhere even after the civil war. You claim they are in your land, do they live in your land for free? What stops you from migrating to Igbo land and start a family there and even build? Please free Igbos, they've done thing wrong. Talking about "No man's land" it is only a conceptualized statement, but instead of you people to sit and analyse why the statement, you cynically misinterprete the statement and run around town feeling hurt. Lagos was built with federal might and oil resources, hence it should be available to all Nigerians, it doesn't mean that Nigerians or the Igbos & non Yorubas don't know that it's a Yoruba land, everyone knows the line. It's such a shame that hate have calcified your heart & blinded you, please you need reorientation.

2 Likes

Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by cap28: 2:09pm On May 09, 2015
enzony:

Tell yourself the truth, you're full of hate for Chuka Umunna. Stop it, hatred destroys. He might still get to a position of power despite haters like you. FYI, many white Americans hated Obama and didn't vote for him yet he won.

The thing with people like you is you hate the truth.

How can you compare the electorate of a country where blacks make up 13% of the population (the US) to the electorate of a country whose population is almost 100% white(UK) ? Obama won as I said before because the majority of American blacks who are sizeable in number along with Hispanics and young whites voted for him, the United States despite being very racist is much more progressive than the UK when it comes to deciding who should govern them. In the US if you look good, speak well and sound like someone most people would like to hang out with you can actually win an election whereas in the UK no matter how you look and sound if you are not white you do not stand a chance.

You must also remember that the US economy was in a terrible state at the time that Bush left office and the American public were so desperate that they were willing to take a chance on a non white president.

Do you live in the UK? if you don't perhaps you need to listen to those of us who live here and understand how white English people think, these people have racism imprinted in their souls, do you know that the easiest way to win an election in this country is to start talking about clamping down on immigration - infact this is one of the reasons why the tories actually won this election, part of their manifesto was fought on an anti immigrant, pro racist rhetoric, white English people regard foreigners (especially non white ones as the enemy) how then are these same people going to elect half black Umunna in as their PM? undecided the majority of white English people read the Sun and Daily Mail newspapers which incite racial hatred against black people, immigrants and anyone who is different from them, therefore any black person attempting to run for a senior political position in this country has an uphill task ahead of them because the English people whose minds are distorted by hatred and racism would have already made up their minds about the person before they open their mouths - did you read the comments made about Umunna below the clip I posted?
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by cap28: 2:14pm On May 09, 2015
enzony:

Ed Miliband has an immigrant father. Is he also of the aristocracy? And he was allowed to pose a threat as Labour leader? You all should stop these negative imaginations.
#

Ed Milliband's father was a white jew, Umunna's was a black African-.

Jews are accepted by the English because they physically look like white men, whereas a half black man doesn't.

Had Umunna been 100% white he would have been a serious contender for PM.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by Deltagiant: 2:18pm On May 09, 2015
People who don't know the Umunna family of Ogbunka, Anambra State may not understand that Chuka was born in a strong and influential lineage.

His late father, Ben Ositadinma Umunna, was the son of a former commissioner of police in Nigeria. He was a multi millionaire and former Chairman of Enugu Rangers International and was popularly known as "Bensube". He died in 1992 while campaigning to become the Anambra state governor. So Chuka is just following the old tradition of nobility in the family. Good for him. I'm quite sure his uncle, Chike Umunna and sister Chinwe would be very happy about this development.

Anything is possible in life.
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by fxseven(m): 2:24pm On May 09, 2015
Barack Obama snr died in a mysterious accident in 1982
Ben osy umunna chuka's dad died in a mysterious accident in 1992
Both were raised by their caucasian parents.
is this coincidental?
Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by cap28: 2:38pm On May 09, 2015
50calibre:

I totally agree with your first sentence.

I agree, although I think Blair is trying to replicate what the Democrats did with Obama without understanding just how racist English people are.

So spot on! And those who do get into positions of power soon realise that they are nothing more than powerless puppets who can be kicked out if they refuse to tow the white supremacist line eg Dianne Abbott, David Lammy

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Totally agree 100% with you on this, Obama is a brilliant public speaker and is very charismatic unlike Umunna who is dull, dull, dull, I also don't think he thinks on his feet ive watched a few journalists get the better of him during interviews which is not a good sign.

I guess you meant "invisible" - I agree

I don't like Johnson, I think the clown image is just an act, the british people give him a pass because they regard him as a bumbling upper class clown, in reality he is a shrewd, racist elitist.
A black man wouldn't be givn a pass for acting like a clown they would be dismissed as being not up to the job intellectually.

Not gonna happen bro as it will contradict the negative stereotype created by the Sun and Daily Mail which is that black men are less capable than white men. Akala the black british rapper said it all when he said: the white british establishment does not feel comfortable around intelligent black men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban / The World Is At Pivotal Moment - Antonio Guterres (Pictures) / Miami Building Collapse: Firefighters Trawl The Rubbles As 99 Still Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.