Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,715 members, 7,813,360 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? (29281 Views)

Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) / The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba / Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Macelliot(m): 11:48am On May 13, 2015
IYANGBALI:
ori e o da

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by aliyuussy(m): 11:59am On May 13, 2015
I rep Ebira and speak Hausa fluently.
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Hoii(m): 12:01pm On May 13, 2015
I can speak Yoruba, Igbo, Khana(ogoni) and i'm Egun but can't speak my language
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by juwoonn(m): 12:15pm On May 13, 2015
Calabar-cross river

Yala-cross river

Idoma-Benue

Okun-kogi

Yoruba

English
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by scholes0(m): 12:15pm On May 13, 2015
Hoii:
I can speak Yoruba, Igbo, Khana(ogoni) and i'm Egun but can't speak my language

wow, How come you were able to learn Khana, and you were unable to learn Egun?
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 13, 2015
Macelliot:
hmm, Are your parents from different Tribe?
Yup.
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by john4aguero: 12:19pm On May 13, 2015
Lacomus:
Comfam Ibibio

Nyin inie Ibibio cool cool
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by mrramadan(m): 12:19pm On May 13, 2015
I speak English, Pidgin-English, Hausa, Yoruba, Shuwa-Arab, Arabic, Fulfulde & Kanuri grin grin grin
Above all, I'm proudly Nigerian. smiley

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by john4aguero: 12:20pm On May 13, 2015
wahalababe:
i #rep ibibio

Uyai Iban, mkpo abadie? smiley smiley
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 13, 2015
Edo and Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by john4aguero: 12:32pm On May 13, 2015
sucreblazing:
Omo.... Yoruba Nikan monso ooooo

but I like igbo and Hausa language a lot, how I wish I can speak the two fluently

I hate calabar language sha...e dey always vex me if them speak the language for my side ...don't mean to insult anybody Abeg ooo

I no blame you. Why you no go hate am...shey you na yoruba na? Idem Usongho!!!
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Hoii(m): 12:34pm On May 13, 2015
scholes0:

wow, How come you were able to learn Khana, and you were unable to learn Egun?
I learnt Khana during NYSC cos i realy mingled with the villagers, always with them in the markets, farm, church, stream, everywhere. I actualy bought a notebook to aid my learning the language. I still av the book sef. I miss those pple soooo much. It was very difficult for me to leave them. Just go to Kaani village & ask of Corper Olu, they cant forget me, even the king knows me. The villagers & my students still call me till today and we communicate with khana on phone. Unfortunately, i'v never been around Egun people for a long time. Both of my parents are Egun o, they ddn't teach we the children. They only spoke Egun whenever they wanted to hide something from us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by john4aguero: 12:35pm On May 13, 2015
sandrahnaub:
Igbo, yoruba and ibibio tongue grin

Who teach you Ibibio? undecided
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by john4aguero: 12:38pm On May 13, 2015
Truth24:

Ekpe ikot, Abadea

Obongette, mkpo abadie, nkor asuk adia uwem.
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Young03(m): 12:39pm On May 13, 2015
Macelliot:
Nice One! Am from Opi...
confirm am from obukpa
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by prettymina(f): 12:42pm On May 13, 2015
IYANGBALI:
ori e o da
Haba kilode y d insult :-Xse emi ati e ni oro tele ni
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by obiak4(m): 12:48pm On May 13, 2015
in no particular order Yoruba,Tiv,idoma,kwale,ijaw,Igbo,calabar/efik,
but my greatest wish is to hear and speak Hausa very well had the privileges year ago but didn't take it sad face
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 13, 2015
What are they saying that Igala is yoruboid
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by sandrahnaub(f): 12:57pm On May 13, 2015
Person no fit learn am?
john4aguero:

Who teach you Ibibio? undecided
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Meti99(m): 12:58pm On May 13, 2015
i speak all
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by sandrahnaub(f): 1:00pm On May 13, 2015
I really want to learn hausa... d only tin I kno in hausa is deir insults.... grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by sandrahnaub(f): 1:00pm On May 13, 2015
I bliv u. lipsrsealed
Meti99:
i speak all
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by scholes0(m): 1:01pm On May 13, 2015
Hoii:
I learnt Khana during NYSC cos i realy mingled with the villagers, always with them in the markets, farm, church, stream, everywhere. I actualy bought a notebook to aid my learning the language. I still av the book sef. I miss those pple soooo much. It was very difficult for me to leave them. Just go to Kaani village & ask of Corper Olu, they cant forget me, even the king knows me. The villagers & my students still call me till today and we communicate with khana on phone. Unfortunately, i'v never been around Egun people for a long time. Both of my parents are Egun o, they ddn't teach we the children. They only spoke Egun whenever they wanted to hide something from us

Oh wow... how Interesting.
What are the original Egun names? Your Egun parents named you Olu?
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by sucreblazing(m): 1:01pm On May 13, 2015
john4aguero:

wetin dey do this one?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by sandrahnaub(f): 1:02pm On May 13, 2015
Loool
john4aguero:

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by paschenko(m): 1:05pm On May 13, 2015
i rep ibibio and efik... confarm Etinan Thoroughbred...

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Nellypy: 1:09pm On May 13, 2015
I speak EFIK, IBIBIO, ANANG, IGBO

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by john4aguero: 1:19pm On May 13, 2015
sucreblazing:

wetin dey do this one?

Why not just make your point without criticism? Must you hate?
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by biGPoppaSays(m): 1:20pm On May 13, 2015
Spanish
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by ojayunited(m): 1:22pm On May 13, 2015
I speak Yoruba & Efik

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Africans/ Deodorant / Lovely Names For Twins / Jas Oyekan, Adele-Olu Ilaro Dies After His 70th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.