Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? (11314 Views)

More Headache For Trinitarians!(NON-CHRISTIANS ARE NOT INVITED) / 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix / A Question Directed To Trinitarians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by An2elect2(f): 12:54am On May 12, 2015
bingbagbo:

that is all in his attempt to defend a doctrine he himself doesnt understand grin

LOL The more i tried understanding the trinity, the more confused i got until i painstakingly came to the realisation that the scripture does not teach it. The prophets did not teach it, Jesus did not teach it, the apostles did not teach it. What they kept saying was that God is one! one being. No mention of him being a formation of separate persons. Nothing like that LOL.

Where cometh the trinity teaching? it is nonsensical and illogical! God is one and Jesus is God. naff said.

1 Like

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by NumberOne2(m): 1:23am On May 12, 2015
bingbagbo:

JOHN 14 :8-9

Joh 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

HOW DO YOU INTERPRET THIS VERSE?

What is this?!!! shocked
If I say, if you have seen me you have seen my wife, does that mean I am my wife?

If an Ambassador is sent to represent a Country at a gathering, dont you know that when he/she speaks it is as though the President has spoken. The Ambassador will be given all honour due the President. Now does that make the Ambassador the President?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 1:49am On May 12, 2015
An2elect2:

It is so easy to believe that there are three persons in one God from few passages in the new testament. How then do we explain the old testament where God is described multiple times as numerically one?

God is described as being One, One what?
One True God I believe, for there is only One True God.
That doesn't conflict with the One True God being two or more persons,
and scripture does say that the Father and the Son are two persons. (posted below)

Notice that no where in the old testament were we told God is three in one and even in the new testament! that passage says there are three that bear record in heaven NOT three persons that make one God!

Well, they are not three gods, so they must be three persons in God.
leaving the Holy Spirit out for simplicity:
We know the Father is God and we know the Word Jesus is God.

Okay that aside we are speaking of the Father here. Was prophet Isaiah not under the auction of the Holy spirit when he said this in I saiah 9:6?

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is
given: and the government shall be upon his
shoulder: and his name shall be called
Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The
everlasting Father
, The Prince of Peace."

Is Jesus, the promised messiah not being referred to here as the Father? or are you saying there are two Fathers?

Jesus could be referred to as Everlasting Father there because as scriptures show He is from Everlasting, and He could also be called the Father of Creation, just one example.
But because something is not known, is not reason to throw out all that is known.

Verses below show the Father and Jesus Christ being two persons.

The Word was with God, is two persons.
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

Pro 8:22 Jehovah possessed me from the beginning of His way, before His works of old.
Pro 8:23 I was anointed from everlasting, from the beginning, before the earth ever was.
Pro 8:30 even I was a workman at His side; and I was daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him;

Eph 3:9 and to bring to light what is the fellowship of the mystery which from eternity has been hidden in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ;

1Jn 1:2 (for the Life was revealed, and we have seen it and bear witness, and show to you the everlasting Life, who was with the Father and was revealed to us),

Joh 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and have come into the world. Again I leave the world and go to the Father.

Joh 17:5 And now Father, glorify Me with Yourself with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

I and the Father is two persons.
Joh 10:30 I and the Father are one!
Are One is One God.

Php 2:6 who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God,

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one.

2 Likes

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by elantraceey(f): 1:57am On May 12, 2015
bingbagbo:

JOHN 14 :8-9

Joh 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

HOW DO YOU INTERPRET THIS VERSE?

Its really funny how you guys just pick up one verse and try to make a new meaning out of it forgetting that the bible is a book and each books in it has a beginning and an end , it's not some scribbled jottings that you can just pick up a thing or two like that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Nobody: 1:59am On May 12, 2015
::::::
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 7:44am On May 12, 2015
Now a single verse in the whole OT and NT describes Jesus as Father and the alternate usage of that word (another is in Judges) and how the speaker (Joseph as quoted) was thus made was shown and you choose to close your eyes to it? Even when the explanation given is corroborated by other verses both in the OT and NT? And the position which you hold (which the intellect, as imperfect and under-utilised as it is, accomodates) contradicts other parallel scriptures? If you insist that the usage of father as explained is twisted, kindly substantiate your own position from the OT and NT, with respect to appropriate contexts and parallel verses.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 7:57am On May 12, 2015
An2elect2:
Am sorry but this does not answer the question
Okay. Thankfully, it does to any unbiased seeker.
You say there are three persons who are co equal, co eternal in one God. And i ask where in the bible is God described this way,
A lot has been said/quoted on this thread as regards this, do refer to them.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by An2elect2(f): 9:39am On May 12, 2015
Scholar8200:
Okay. Thankfully, it does to any unbiased seeker. A lot has been said/quoted on this thread as regards this, do refer to them.

LOL unbiased seeker? you are joking right.

What have been said/quoted? all i see are people picking random scriptures to justify their false conclusion of who God is.

Does the scripture teach trinity? hell no! someone reading the bible for the first time without any dogma coming in between will not see any trinity! but one God! stop lying!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by An2elect2(f): 9:42am On May 12, 2015
johnw74:

God is described as being One, One what?
One True God I believe, for there is only One True God.
That doesn't conflict with the One True God being two or more persons,
and scripture does say that the Father and the Son are two persons. (posted below)

Well, they are not three gods, so they must be three persons in God.
leaving the Holy Spirit out for simplicity:
We know the Father is God and we know the Word Jesus is God.

Jesus could be referred to as Everlasting Father there because as scriptures show He is from Everlasting, and He could also be called the Father of Creation, just one example.
But because something is not known, is not reason to throw out all that is known.

Verses below show the Father and Jesus Christ being two persons.

The Word was with God, is two persons.
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

Pro 8:22 Jehovah possessed me from the beginning of His way, before His works of old.
Pro 8:23 I was anointed from everlasting, from the beginning, before the earth ever was.
Pro 8:30 even I was a workman at His side; and I was daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him;

Eph 3:9 and to bring to light what is the fellowship of the mystery which from eternity has been hidden in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ;

1Jn 1:2 (for the Life was revealed, and we have seen it and bear witness, and show to you the everlasting Life, who was with the Father and was revealed to us),

Joh 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and have come into the world. Again I leave the world and go to the Father.

Joh 17:5 And now Father, glorify Me with Yourself with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

I and the Father is two persons.
Joh 10:30 I and the Father are one!
Are One is One God.

Php 2:6 who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God,

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one.

brb.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 10:12am On May 12, 2015
An2elect2:

LOL unbiased seeker? you are joking right.

What have been said/quoted? all i see are people picking random scriptures to justify their false conclusion of who God is.

Does the scripture teach trinity? hell no! someone reading the bible for the first time without any dogma coming in between will not see any trinity! but one God! stop lying!
Alright then. Clarify your position with references from the NT and OT with respect to original contexts.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Barnabaseloka(m): 12:25pm On May 12, 2015
The Scriptures talks about the Trinity, though this mystery cannot be understood from human perspective or science. When Jesus was in his ministry on earth, he always mentioned 'Father.' There was nowhere in the Scriptures that Jesus claimed to be the Father. He always referred to himself as the Son. John 14:12 '....and greater works than these he will do, because I (Jesus) go to the Father.' Here, Jesus cannot be going to himself but to another personality.
Vs 13 '....that the Father may be glorified in the Son.' Here, the Father cannot be the Son for they are two personalities.
Vs 16 'And I (Jesus) will pray to the Father (another personality), and He (Father) will give you another Helper (another personality), that He (Helper) will abide with you forever.'- three personalities.
Vs 26 'But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My (Jesus, the Son) name. He (the Holy Spirit) will teach you all things.'-three personalities.
Vs 28 '.....I (Jesus) am going to the Father (God the Father) for My Father is greater than I.
John 15:23 'He who hates Me (Jesus) hates My Father also.'- signifying two personalities.
John 16:15 'All things that the Father has are Mine (all belongs to Jesus). Therefore I say that He (the Holy Spirit) will take of Mine(Jesus) and declare it to you.'-three peraonalities.
From all these verses, we can see three personalities- the Father, the Son (Jesus) and the Helper (the Holy Spirit). The Father gives instruction o the Son, who in turn passes it to the Holy Spirit, who gets it across to us. So stop confusing yourselves and remove human ideologies if you want to understand the Scriptures.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by CheKesch: 6:42pm On May 12, 2015
Hi guys. Glad I came across this very important discussion&hope ya'll don't mind my input. Let me start with what Jesus meant when answering Philips question about the father. Its quite simple, Jesus said he&the Father is one in the sense that he perfectly reflects or resembles the Father. But there's more to that statement of Jesus.

Let us take a look at the context. In verse 25 of John 30, Jesus stated that he did works in the "name" of his Father. From verses 27 to 29, he talked about symbolic sheep whom his Father had "given" him. Both statements by Jesus would have made little sense to his listeners if he and his Father were one and the same person. Instead, Jesus said, in effect, ‘My Father and I are so close-knit that no one can take away the sheep from me, just as no one can take them away from my Father.’ It is much like a son saying to his father’s enemy, ‘If you attack my father, you attack me.’ No one would conclude that this son and his father were the same person. But all could perceive the strong bond of unity between them.

Jesus and his Father, Jehovah God, are also “one” in the sense that they are in complete agreement as to intentions, standards, and values. In contrast with Satan the Devil and the first human couple, Adam and Eve, Jesus never wanted to become independent of God. “The Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he beholds the Father doing,” Jesus explained. “For whatever things that One does, these things the Son also does in like manner.”—John 5:19; 14:10; 17:8.

This strong bond of unity, however, does not make God and his Son, Jesus, indistinguishable from each other. They are two individuals. Each one has his own distinct personality. Jesus has his own feelings, thoughts, experiences, and free will. Nevertheless, he chose to submit his will to that of his Father. According to Luke 22:42, Jesus said: “Let, not my will, but YOURS take place.” These words would have been meaningless if his will could not differ from his Father’s. If Jesus and his Father were really one person, why did Jesus pray TO God and humbly admit to NOT knowing things that only his Father knew?—Matthew 24:36.

Members of many religions worship gods that are depicted as quarreling and fighting with their own family members. In Greek mythology, for example, Cronus overthrew his father, Uranus, and devoured his own children. How different this is from the oneness based on true love between Jehovah God and his Son, Jesus! And how this unity endears them to us! In fact, we have the incomparable privilege of being in union with these two highest Persons in all the universe. Regarding his followers, Jesus prayed: “I make request . . . that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us.”—John 17:20, 21.

Thus, when Jesus said, “I and the Father are one,” he was speaking, not of a mysterious Trinity, but of a wonderful unity—the closest bond possible between two persons. To believe in the trinity god is nothing different then worshiping what one do not know. When following Jesus' clear teachings we serve&worship his Father whom even he submits to, Jehovah God, we accept Jesus as our means of salvation&acknowledge him as Gods Only-Begotten Son, thus we can positively and boldly say we know exactly who we serve as our Only True God Jehovah, the Creator of our grand universe!
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by CheKesch: 7:09pm On May 12, 2015
Please follow along&take note of some words I wrote in capital letters which serves as convincing proof that Christ himself was created by the Only true&All Mighty God...24 When there were no depths, I was BROUGHT FORTH(or created); when there were no fountains abounding with water.
25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I BROUGHT FORTH:
26 While as yet HE had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
27 When HE prepared the heavens, I was there: when HE set a compass upon the face of the depth:
28 When HE established the clouds above: when HE strengthened the fountains of the deep:
29 When HE gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass HIS commandment: when HE appointed the foundations of the earth:
30 Then I was BY him, as one BROUGHT UP with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Barnabaseloka(m): 9:04pm On May 12, 2015
CheKesch:
Please follow along&take note of some words I wrote in capital letters which serves as convincing proof that Christ himself was created by the Only true&All Mighty God...24 When there were no depths, I was BROUGHT FORTH(or created); when there were no fountains abounding with water.
25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I BROUGHT FORTH:
26 While as yet HE had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
27 When HE prepared the heavens, I was there: when HE set a compass upon the face of the depth:
28 When HE established the clouds above: when HE strengthened the fountains of the deep:
29 When HE gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass HIS commandment: when HE appointed the foundations of the earth:
30 Then I was BY him, as one BROUGHT UP with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing.
You got it wrong. Christ Jesus was not created but exists with God. John 1:1-3
1. In the beginning was the Word (Jesus) and the Word was with God (the Father) and the Word was God (as a personality). Note the initial capital letter in 'Word.' this shows a living being. In the beginning means any time that life started or that God existed.
2. He (Jesus) was in the beginning with God (the Father). The scripture did not say that He (Jesus) was created by God before he co-existed with God.
3. All things were made through Him (Jesus), and without Him, nothing was made that was made. This means that Jesus created all things.
Romans 11:36 'For all things were created by Him (Jesus), and all things exist through Him (Jesus) and for Him (Jesus).
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by bingbagbo(m): 9:18pm On May 12, 2015
An2elect2:

LOL The more i tried understanding the trinity, the more confused i got until i painstakingly came to the realisation that the scripture does not teach it. The prophets did not teach it, Jesus did not teach it, the apostles did not teach it. What they kept saying was that God is one! one being. No mention of him being a formation of separate persons. Nothing like that LOL.

Where cometh the trinity teaching? it is nonsensical and illogical! God is one and Jesus is God. naff said.

GOD BLESS YOU SISTER FOR THIS TRUTH

TODAY, IT IS UNDENIABLE THAT, THE SO CALLED TRINITARIANS THEMSELVES ARE PRACTICALLY TEACHING ONENESS!!!

GOD IS ONE, JESUS IS GOD

#GODISONEJESUSISGOD
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Barnabaseloka(m): 9:30pm On May 12, 2015
bingbagbo:

GOD BLESS YOU SISTER FOR THIS TRUTH

TODAY, IT IS UNDENIABLE THAT, THE SO CALLED TRINITARIANS THEMSELVES ARE PRACTICALLY TEACHING ONENESS!!!

GOD IS ONE, JESUS IS GOD

#GODISONEJESUSISGOD
We Christians believe that God is one. My questions are: who was Jesus referring to as the Father during his ministry on earth? Why did he mention the Holy Spirit who he said that the Father would send b/c He (Jesus) goes to the Father? Can you say that Jesus was going to himself and will send himself? It is a mystery! Your doubt about the existence of Trinity does not make it non-existent.

1 Like

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by bingbagbo(m): 9:44pm On May 12, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

We Christians believe that God is one. My questions are: who was Jesus referring to as the Father during his ministry on earth? Why did he mention the Holy Spirit who he said that the Father would send [/b]b/c He (Jesus) goes to the Father? Can you say that Jesus was going to himself and will send himself? It is a mystery! Your doubt about the existence of Trinity does not make it non-existent.

John 15:26

But when the Comforter is come, [b]whom I will send unto you
from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: (John 15:26)

SO YOU SEE WHO IS SENDING THE HOLY GHOST? cheesy
John 14:13

I [/b]will do anything you ask the Father in my name so that the Father will be given glory because of the Son. 14 If you ask me to do something, I will do it.

John 14:18-19

“I will not leave you all alone. [b]I will come back to you.
19 In a little while the world will no longer see me, but you will see me

JESUS IS THE FATHER (GREATEST MYSTERY)

1 Like

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Barnabaseloka(m): 10:14pm On May 12, 2015
bingbagbo:

John 15:26

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: (John 15:26)

SO YOU SEE WHO IS SENDING THE HOLY GHOST? cheesy
John 14:13

I [/b]will do anything you ask the Father in my name so that the Father will be given glory because of the Son. 14 If you ask me to do something, I will do it.

John 14:18-19

“I will not leave you all alone. [b]I will come back to you.
19 In a little while the world will no longer see me, but you will see me

JESUS IS THE FATHER (GREATEST MYSTERY)

John 17:9-11
9. I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You (Father) have given Me (Jesus), for they are Yours.
10. And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine and I am glorified in them- how many persons are involved here?
11. Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I (Jesus) come to You, Holy Father. Keep through your name those whom You (Father) have given Me (Jesus), that they may be one as We are one. Does 'We' signify one person or more than one?
Colossians 1:19-20.
19. For it was by God's (Father's) own decision that the Son has in himself the full nature of God.
20. Through the Son, then God (Father) decided to bring the whole universe back to himself. God made peace through his Son's (Jesus') blood on the cross and so brought back to himself all things, both on earth and in heaven.

1 Like

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Appleyard(m): 11:14pm On May 12, 2015
johnw74:

You are right of course, we know the scriptures are true and don't deny them.
Jesus goes to His Father, God.
And verse 16 is just one other place in the Bible which shows the three persons of God.

Joh 14:9 Jesus said to him, Have I been with you such a long time and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father. And how do you say, Show us the Father?
Joh 14:10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in Me? The Words that I speak to you I do not speak of Myself, but the Father who dwells in Me, He does the works.
Joh 14:11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the very works themselves.
Joh 14:12 Truly, truly, I say to you, He who believes on Me, the works that I do he shall do also, and greater works than these he shall do, because I go to My Father.
Joh 14:13 And whatever you may ask in My name, that I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Joh 14:14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
Joh 14:15 If you love Me, keep My commandments.
Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, so that He may be with you forever,

You are wrong, brother! There is nothing like trinity in the bible. Can you pls show me where it is written that there is God the fatherm God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, all mergin to be One?

Pls, i will be waiting!

Then i shall reply properly to this thread!

2 Likes

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 11:28pm On May 12, 2015
johnw74:

and scripture does say that the Father and the Son are two persons.

There has always been a one person Almighty God, not a 3 person God. The scriptures teach of a true God - YHWH, and the son of YHWH - Jesus christ.

History tells us that:

The Divinity of christ was not taught in the synagouges in jerusalem during the time of Jesus, neither did the apostles teach or write anything about it after Jesus. It was established by the church in 325 AD. It was until 381 AD that the holy spirit was added to form a full fledge doctrine of trinity.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea

If you ignore this historical information, you will continue to wallow in your confusion of a 3 person God.

There is and has always been one God(YHWH), the most high. The system of having more than one persons in a God is actually of pagan origin.

Consider paul's words to the corinthians:
Notice how Jesus is seperated both in person and position from YHWH his father.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6
New International Version (NIV)
5 For even if there are so-called gods,
whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there
are many “gods” and many “lords”), 6 yet for
us there is but one God, the Father, from
whom all things came and for whom we live; and
there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through
whom all things came and through whom we live.

That scripture did not say we have one God - father, son and Holy spirit. It said we have one God - The father. And one Lord - Jesus. This was the belief during Jesus time and through out the Apostolic period before the Trinity was formulated
finally in 381 AD.

Jesus also show a difference between he and his father in both person and position when he said in John 17:3:

"this means everlasting life, their coming to know you(YHWH), the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus christ.

Interestingly, Jesus said these words in john 20:17 after he had been resurrected, indicating that contrary to the reasoning of people that Jesus was God's son only while he was human on earth, he actually is God's only-begotten son wether he is on earth or in heaven. In john 20:17,Jesus says:

"stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the father. But go to my brothers and say to them, I am ascending to my father and your father and to my God and your God."

It clearly shows Jesus' position. How someone can read all these scriptures that shows Jesus' position in relation to YHWH(his father) and still stick to a few selected so called 'proof' text is ridiculously myopic.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 2:10am On May 13, 2015
Appleyard:

You are wrong, brother! There is nothing like trinity in the bible. Can you pls show me where it is written that there is God the fatherm God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, all mergin to be One?

Pls, i will be waiting!

Then i shall reply properly to this thread!

Jesus prayed to the Father to send to believers another comforter,
that is three persons, jesus, the Father and another comforter (the Holy Spirit).
The Father is God, Jesus (the Word) is the same God, the Holy Spirit is the same God.

You don't believe those scriptures?
tell me what you think they mean.

johnw74:

And verse 16 is just one other place in the Bible which shows the three persons of God.

Joh 14:9 Jesus said to him, Have I been with you such a long time and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father. And how do you say, Show us the Father?
Joh 14:10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in Me? The Words that I speak to you I do not speak of Myself, but the Father who dwells in Me, He does the works.
Joh 14:11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the very works themselves.
Joh 14:12 Truly, truly, I say to you, He who believes on Me, the works that I do he shall do also, and greater works than these he shall do, because I go to My Father.
Joh 14:13 And whatever you may ask in My name, that I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, so that He may be with you forever,
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 2:44am On May 13, 2015
BIBLESPEAKS:

There has always been a one person Almighty God,

Without changing the scriptures, there has always been a two person Almighty God.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Word was with God, that's two persons.
And the Word was God, that's One God.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 3:01am On May 13, 2015
BIBLESPEAKS:

...you will continue to wallow in your confusion of a 3 person God.

...ridiculously myopic.

Ha ha, my mind is very clear on the matter, but insult away in typical jw mode.
I know my Saviour Jesus Christ is God Himself (the Word) in the flesh, and not a created angel.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by CheKesch: 6:25am On May 13, 2015
Barnabaseloka:
You got it wrong. Christ Jesus was not created but exists with God. John 1:1-3
1. In the beginning was the Word (Jesus) and the Word was with God (the Father) and the Word was God (as a personality). Note the initial capital letter in 'Word.' this shows a living being. In the beginning means any time that life started or that God existed.
2. He (Jesus) was in the beginning with God (the Father). The scripture did not say that He (Jesus) was created by God before he co-existed with God.
3. All things were made through Him (Jesus), and without Him, nothing was made that was made. This means that Jesus created all things.
Romans 11:36 'For all things were created by Him (Jesus), and all things exist through Him (Jesus) and for Him (Jesus).
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by CheKesch: 6:48am On May 13, 2015
Incredible...shockingly amuzing how u, amongst millions of others, can read Jesus' very own words which I've posted in Proverbs 8:22-30, where he uses words like "possessed(in older translations recorded as produced), twice he said he was "brought forth" by the One that made the watery deep etc. All these evident proof that Jesus isn't the All mighty God, besides the fact that Jesus himself never taught this lie nor his apostles, u&people like u are adamant to this hollow minded teaching of man, what's even worse is that u view it as doctrine. Even my 4year old daughter can know that Jesus is not God All mighty when reading the scripture after Jesus' baptism when a voice came from the heavens saying..."This is my Son, the beloved, in whom I have found delight." Please people, stop following the clownish teachings of so-called christendom and see the true message the Bible gives us its not that complicated to grasp.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 8:55am On May 13, 2015
The Bible clearly states that Isaiah 40:13 Who has directed the Spirit of the Lord,
Or as His counselor has taught Him?
If it be so,the statement found in Genesis 1:26,27 clarifies this matter because God could not have been talking to angels, they were not made in His Image and Likeness!
Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all[b] the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him;

Hence, the pagan religions (most of which started after the flood eg Nimrod/Osiris/Tammuz worship by Semiramis; the latter actually cloned/counterfeited her religion from the promise of the Messiah God made in Geneis 3:15 etc) copied from this truth just as their father the devil does to the things of God. How do I know this? The Bible clarifies that the invisible things of God and His Godhead were revealed by God from the creation of the world Romans 1:20,21-23
20 For ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature and attributes, that is, His eternal power and divinity, have been made intelligible and clearly discernible in and through the things that have been made (His handiworks). So [men] are without excuse [altogether without any defense or justification],
21 Because when they knew and recognized Him as God, they did not honor and glorify Him as God or give Him thanks. But instead they became futile and [c]godless in their thinking [with vain imaginings, foolish reasoning, and stupid speculations] and their senseless minds were darkened.
22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].
23 And by them the glory and majesty and excellence of the immortal God were exchanged for and represented by images, resembling mortal man and birds and beasts and reptiles.

Now as regards the Us in Genesis 1:26, consider the following.
Psalm 104:30
30 When You send forth Your Spirit . . ., they are created, and You replenish the face of the ground.(explains why the Spirit moved on the waters in the beginning)
Isaiah 40:28
28 Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth
John 1:1-3
1 In the beginning [before all time] was the Word ([a]Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.
2 He was present originally with God.
3 All things were made and came into existence through Him; and without Him was not even one thing made that has come into being.
The above verses clarifies the statement made in Genesis 1:26, creation was attributed to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit not as 3 gods but One note this ," in the image of God He (not they) created him"
. This aspect of the Divine nature is what was known and prostituted by the pagan religions and ignored by the others
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Appleyard(m): 5:33pm On May 13, 2015
johnw74:

Jesus prayed to the Father to send to believers another comforter,
that is three persons, jesus, the Father and another comforter (the Holy Spirit).
The Father is God, Jesus (the Word) is the same God, the Holy Spirit is the same God.

You don't believe those scriptures?
tell me what you think they mean.

Good!
Thank you for ur comments. Now, i will state my position and elaborate on what the biblical concept of the Godhead is all about. There is only one God who manifested in three different dispensations', and with multiple titles. The churches 'traditionally' believe 3 seperate or distinct persons in one God. This was as a result of d scriptural mentioning and deifying of d Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Consequently, the fourth century meeting of the Nicene council (as at when rome, through emperor constatine,was ruling the world) was to place them under d trinitarian definitions. This concept ,through d power of Roman Catholic, church swept throughout the christian faith and has become so embedded in christianity to d extent that to question its validity is immediate heresy.

The church today has lost d revelation that the one God, Jehovah, expressed himself in the old testament as the ''Father,'' God above us', in d Gospels manifested as 'the Son', God with us', and in the book of Acts-unto this age as 'the Holy Spirit,God in us'. Not three persons but one glorious personage, as wonderfully unveiled in Hebrews 13.

Now, my first take is that THE JEHOVAH OF THE OLD TESTAMENT IS THE SAME JESUS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT.
Yes, God throughout d old testament did not have a body,but appear in different forms to d people, such as d 'burning bush' to Moses, the cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night. God being a spirit (John 4vs24) hath, before d foundation of d world, foreseen d fall of man by d transgression of Adam and Eve, and He required a perfect atonement, a sacrificial lamb, to redeem man from his fallen state, by the shedding of 'blood' (Hebrews 922). It takes blood to pay the penalty for sin yet, no man, no angel, no priest or animal, was found worthy to redeem man. Therefore, God, since there is no saviour beside Him (isaiah 43vs11, 3. Isaiah 45vs22. Hosea 13vs4,) must then do it Himself, in order to show that He is the only 'redeemer'.

But then God knew He, as God, could not die and bleed in d Spirit, for a spirit has no flesh and bones. His own law required blood for an atonement, and for Him to fulfil his plan of salvation, He had to put on a veil of flesh, to taste death and pay d penalty for His own law to justify the ungodly. God started to make d promise dat He would come down to save and restore mankind back to him. In Isaiah 35 vs 3-6, he said,
''your God will come (to this earth) to save you (the jews and as many more that would thereafter believe in Him,) and the eyes of d blind will be open, the deaf will hear, the lame will walk,and d dumb shall speak'...
all these are to happen when this Jehovah God(been the only Saviour) 'wil' come.

Now, did this promise came to pass? Yes, it did because God never lies or fail in His promises. In John 1 vs 29, John (who never knew Jesus before but being guided by d spirit) testified by declaring Jesus as ''the lamb of God which taketh away d sins of d world''.. This mean that, by revelation, John knew who Jesus was and He subsequently baptized Him.
But it became interesting that this same John later in Mattew 11 vs 2, sent two of his desciples to ask Jesus, ''are u the One that is to come or are we to look for another?'.
Now why did John asked that conflicting and confusing question when he had already bare record of Him (Jesus) as stated in John1 vs 29?
Well, the reply Jesus gave unto john's desciples in verses 4 and 5 of d same mattew 11, answers any such thoughts, and clearly fulfilled the promise in Isaiah 35 vs 3-6, for 'the lame walked,the blind saw, the deaft heard...''

What this mean is that Jehovah actually came anf fulfilled His words and His plan of salvation as written in 1Timothy 3vs16.
When was God(Jehovah) manifested in the flesh? It was when Jesus Christ was born through a woman without any sexual act but it was God Himself making both hemoglobin egg cells in d wonb of mary, God Himself taking the nature of man. Jesus Christ was d flesh of God, none order than God Himself creating a body of His own. That Body was called 'the Son', while d Spirit which is d original nature of God indwelling the Body, was the 'Father'. Not two Gods now but God veiling Himself in FLESH. Thats the reason why Jesus was called 'Emmanuel' meaning 'God with us', God dwelling with men. When d Father decided to come down as our saviour, He put on a robe of flesh and planted Himself, as a seed, in d womb of mary. This seed was to produce d flesh and blood of the Body He would dwell in as the Son, Jesus Christ.
The name Jesus means 'Jehovah has become our saviour'.

To be continued....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by bingbagbo(m): 8:24pm On May 13, 2015
Appleyard:

Good!
Thank you for ur comments. Now, i will state my position and elaborate on what the biblical concept of the Godhead is all about. There is only one God who manifested in three different dispensations', and with multiple titles. The churches 'traditionally' believe 3 seperate or distinct persons in one God. This was as a result of d scriptural mentioning and deifying of d Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Consequently, the fourth century meeting of the Nicene council (as at when rome, through emperor constatine,was ruling the world) was to place them under d trinitarian definitions. This concept ,through d power of Roman Catholic, church swept throughout the christian faith and has become so embedded in christianity to d extent that to question its validity is immediate heresy.

The church today has lost d revelation that the one God, Jehovah, expressed himself in the old testament as the ''Father,'' God above us', in d Gospels manifested as 'the Son', God with us', and in the book of Acts-unto this age as 'the Holy Spirit,God in us'. Not three persons but one glorious personage, as wonderfully unveiled in Hebrews 13.

Now, my first take is that THE JEHOVAH OF THE OLD TESTAMENT IS THE SAME JESUS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT.
Yes, God throughout d old testament did not have a body,but appear in different forms to d people, such as d 'burning bush' to Moses, the cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night. God being a spirit (John 4vs24) hath, before d foundation of d world, foreseen d fall of man by d transgression of Adam and Eve, and He required a perfect atonement, a sacrificial lamb, to redeem man from his fallen state, by the shedding of 'blood' (Hebrews 922). It takes blood to pay the penalty for sin yet, no man, no angel, no priest or animal, was found worthy to redeem man. Therefore, God, since there is no saviour beside Him (isaiah 43vs11, 3. Isaiah 45vs22. Hosea 13vs4,) must then do it Himself, in order to show that He is the only 'redeemer'.

But then God knew He, as God, could not die and bleed in d Spirit, for a spirit has no flesh and bones. His own law required blood for an atonement, and for Him to fulfil his plan of salvation, He had to put on a veil of flesh, to taste death and pay d penalty for His own law to justify the ungodly. God started to make d promise dat He would come down to save and restore mankind back to him. In Isaiah 35 vs 3-6, he said,
''your God will come (to this earth) to save you (the jews and as many more that would thereafter believe in Him,) and the eyes of d blind will be open, the deaf will hear, the lame will walk,and d dumb shall speak'...
all these are to happen when this Jehovah God(been the only Saviour) 'wil' come.

Now, did this promise came to pass? Yes, it did because God never lies or fail in His promises. In John 1 vs 29, John (who never knew Jesus before but being guided by d spirit) testified by declaring Jesus as ''the lamb of God which taketh away d sins of d world''.. This mean that, by revelation, John knew who Jesus was and He subsequently baptized Him.
But it became interesting that this same John later in Mattew 11 vs 2, sent two of his desciples to ask Jesus, ''are u the One that is to come or are we to look for another?'.
Now why did John asked that conflicting and confusing question when he had already bare record of Him (Jesus) as stated in John1 vs 29?
Well, the reply Jesus gave unto john's desciples in verses 4 and 5 of d same mattew 11, answers any such thoughts, and clearly fulfilled the promise in Isaiah 35 vs 3-6, for 'the lame walked,the blind saw, the deaft heard...''

What this mean is that Jehovah actually came anf fulfilled His words and His plan of salvation as written in 1Timothy 3vs16.
When was God(Jehovah) manifested in the flesh? It was when Jesus Christ was born through a woman without any sexual act but it was God Himself making both hemoglobin egg cells in d wonb of mary, God Himself taking the nature of man. Jesus Christ was d flesh of God, none order than God Himself creating a body of His own. That Body was called 'the Son', while d Spirit which is d original nature of God indwelling the Body, was the 'Father'. Not two Gods now but God veiling Himself in FLESH. Thats the reason why Jesus was called 'Emmanuel' meaning 'God with us', God dwelling with men. When d Father decided to come down as our saviour, He put on a robe of flesh and planted Himself, as a seed, in d womb of mary. This seed was to produce d flesh and blood of the Body He would dwell in as the Son, Jesus Christ.

To be continued....

GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS TRUTH
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Barnabaseloka(m): 9:49pm On May 13, 2015
Appleyard:

There is only one God who manifested in three different dispensations', and with multiple titles. The churches 'traditionally' believe 3 seperate or distinct persons in one God. This was as a result of d scriptural mentioning and deifying of d Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
1. According to the Scriptures, how come that Jesus ascended to heaven and is seated at the right hand of God, pleading with the Father on our behalves? Will Jesus be seating at the right-hand side of himself and pleading with himself?
2. If Jesus is the Father, who did he pray to on the cross 'Father, forgive them for they know not what they do?' Was Jesus talking to himself or to someone?
3. Jesus said 'Father, Father, why have thou forsaken me' Was he not calling someone that made some people think he was calling Elijah? According to the Scripture, he was calling on God not on himself.
4. Jesus said 'I go to my Father for He is greater than I.....' Was it not someone that he was going to meet or was he going to meet himself? I hope you know that 'greater than' is used when comparing two things or persons? 5. Jesus said 'I will send you the Helper, the Holy Spirit, who proceeds from the Father....' Even a lay man can understand this english. The Holy Spirit did not come out from Jesus but from the Father, while Jesus did the sending to us.
6. Jesus said 'I go to my Father and to your Father, to my God and to your God...' For God's sake even a child can interprete this well. How can Jesus be going to himself?
There are three personalities appearing as one- the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Anyone of them that operates represents the three and this is why anyone cannot see the three. This is due to the intense, unbroken and everlasting UNITY binding them.
Please study the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John well for a better understanding.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 1:56am On May 14, 2015
Appleyard:

Good!

To be continued....

You said the below post is wrong and I asked you to show me what is wrong there.
And you are not adressing that,
be truthful or you have nothing worth reading.

johnw74:

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 2:19am On May 14, 2015
Appleyard:

One God not one person,
the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, does not equal one person but three.

The below verse shows the three persons of God together at the same time.

Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when He had been baptized, went up immediately out of the water. And lo, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting upon Him.
Mat 3:17 And lo, a voice from Heaven, saying, This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Below, Jesus prays to the Father (two persons there) to give those the Holy Spirit (third person there).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 2:34am On May 14, 2015
Appleyard:

Who is the one glorious personage
the Father God, the Word Jesus Christ, or the Holy Spirit?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Men Could Be Infertile, Also Needs Prayer For Fruit Of The Womb - Pastor Adeoye / Pastor Faith Oyedepo Was Treated Medically In A South Africa Hospital / Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 200
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.