Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,263 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) (72872 Views)

Is This A Beauty Contest? - Northern Girls / The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Lisahbeth(f): 6:37pm On May 11, 2015
Chigold101:
i will check within the week where Ebira orignated from... Are u Ebira?
Alright thanks,yes i am smiley
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by dannyville2(m): 8:49pm On May 11, 2015
Rapzino:
nope, but I've lived there when I was a kid.
where're u now?
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by dannyville2(m): 8:52pm On May 11, 2015
Rapzino:
nope, but I've lived there when I was a kid.
I think I know u
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Molly1991(m): 9:38pm On Sep 23, 2016
Jukun ppl are loving and caring with beautiful clicks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by onagon7: 12:53pm On Aug 05, 2017
These warriors are Ebira-Apa people from ancient Opanda Kingdom, they are not Jukuns. in 16th and 19th centuries, Ebira-Koto (Apa) people conquered Chamba, Mumuye and Tiv people and mix with them. this mixture of Ebira-Koto (Apa) people and other peoples has resulted to Jukun people and their Language.
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Nwunuken(m): 11:07am On Jul 09, 2018
penzino:
I served there in a village under wukari local government, so trust me, am not quick to label them.
name the village
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Nwunuken(m): 11:16am On Jul 09, 2018
U miss place fact sir
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by penzino(m): 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2018
Nwunuken:
name the village
Gindin Dorowa
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by mysticwarrior(m): 11:04am On Aug 16, 2019
zicoraads:
And the poster forgot to add that the Junkuns are extremely troublesome and never, ever pass up an opportunity to go to war. They are still very backward and sometimes I feel they need to be re-colonized.

Living together with them is not something I would even wish for my 'enemy.'
you lie, i have lived among the jukuns in Wukari and I can tell you that the jukuns don't look for trouble but if you look for their trouble then they will give you more troubles than wahala, it is a neccesity for the jukun to seek revenge through brutal fighting for every innocent jukun man that is killed unjustly.
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by mysticwarrior(m): 11:30am On Aug 16, 2019
letsbet:
Their name alone sound like
Worriors! from secondary school text books grin
great warriors they have always been, powerful warriors they still are, and fierce warriors they will always remain, they are THE JUKUNS.
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Asquare84(m): 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2019
Nwunuken:
agatu language is more related to jukum language than idoma.

Agatu and Idoma language is the same
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Joystark(f): 9:55pm On Aug 18, 2019
Just reading about them for the first time.

Good job OP
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Chigold101(m): 10:31pm On Aug 18, 2019
Joystark:
Just reading about them for the first time.

Good job OP
thank you
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Nature130: 5:13pm On Aug 25, 2019
mysticwarrior:
you lie, i have lived among the jukuns in Wukari and I can tell you that the jukuns don't look for trouble but if you look for their trouble then they will give you more troubles than wahala, it is a neccesity for the jukun to seek revenge through brutal fighting for every innocent jukun man that is killed unjustly.
you have stayed in wukari too? True they don't look for trouble but can give back in 10 folds if you step on their toes. I can't forget the crisis I witnessed there.
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by labani06(m): 7:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
jukun brave Ancient fighters jukun warriors conquered elkanemi empire and Defeat then and they also conquered Kano Kingdom and Force People of Kano to run away From their Land and Reside in daura
Re: History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) by Chigold101(m): 12:24am On Sep 13, 2019
labani06:
jukun brave Ancient fighters jukun warriors conquered elkanemi empire and Defeat then and they also conquered Kano Kingdom and Force People of Kano to run away From their Land and Reside in daura
Jukun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. / Origin Of Various Igbo Clans / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.