Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,263 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) (16183 Views)

Exxonmobil Entry Level-ond Holders Recruitment 2017 / Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University / Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Ibsgal(f): 12:10am On May 11, 2015
Does this opportunity extend to Nigerians who did not attend university in Nigeria?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Fynestboi: 12:11am On May 11, 2015
Ibsgal:
Does this opportunity extend to Nigerians who did not attend university in Nigeria?

Yes
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Nobody: 12:12am On May 11, 2015
Fynestboi:
Please it's audience show interested audience should read through and send score across.

Fynestboi@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Sorry o, do we email our scores to you, post them here or both?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Fynestboi: 12:14am On May 11, 2015
Velocitron:

Sorry o, do we email our scores to you, post them here or both?

Lol mail.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by clemz88(m): 12:14am On May 11, 2015
Op u expect me to read all that abi? U no serious o. Most of those things written are copy and paste. Who has time to start typing some long articles? Abi them be writers ni.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Fynestboi: 12:16am On May 11, 2015
clemz88:
Op u expect me to read all that abi? U no serious o. Most of those things written are copy and paste. Who has time to start typing some long articles? Abi them be writers ni.

Don't commit a fallacy bro. Why not read through to justify your claim sir.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Nobody: 12:18am On May 11, 2015
Fynestboi:

Lol mail.

Oops. Just sent them in.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by IamDejman(m): 12:18am On May 11, 2015
Fynestboi:

Ok sir.
Bro sent u a mail
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Fynestboi: 12:21am On May 11, 2015
IamDejman:
Bro sent u a mail

Now?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Fynestboi: 12:24am On May 11, 2015
Velocitron:

Oops. Just sent them in.

Seen ma. smiley
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by IamDejman(m): 12:25am On May 11, 2015
Fynestboi:

Now?
Yep the yahoo mail
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Fynestboi: 12:30am On May 11, 2015
IamDejman:
Yep the yahoo mail

Replied.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Fynestboi: 12:31am On May 11, 2015
Fynestboi:
Please it's audience show interested audience should read through and send score across.

Fynestboi@gmail.com.

Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Nobody: 1:42am On May 11, 2015
Velocitron:
Danjuma : SCIENCE IS A MENACE TO HUMANITY

1. Presentation: 1

2. Logic of arguments: 0

3. Strength of facts, examples, cases: 0

4. Persuasiveness: 1

5. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the selected subject: 0

Anunukem Samuel: THE FUTURE I SEE FOR MYSELF

Not exactly sure if this is a debatable topic

Sobaloju Israel Dara: POLITICAL PARTIES SHOULD ENGAGE MORE YOUNG PEOPLE

1. Presentation: 2 (a bit pretentious and thesaurus-ey)

2. Logic of arguments: 3

3. Strength of facts, examples, cases: 3

4. Persuasiveness: 2

5. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the selected subject: 3

ShehuAba: IS NIGEIRA'S UNIVERSITY DEGREES OVERHYPED?

1. Presentation: 4

2. Logic of arguments: 4

3. Strength of facts, examples, cases: 4

4. Persuasiveness: 3

5. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the selected subject: 4

Tunde Aluko: Do we have to experience adversity or serious hardship before we can get the best out of life?

1. Presentation: 4

2. Logic of arguments: 0

3. Strength of facts, examples, cases: 2

4. Persuasiveness: 1

5. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the selected subject: 3
Ma'am,, have always hated female lecturers, you know y? Ur likes, 'hellish in nature' tho, they've bn flashes of inspiration ( lotta revere for them). . 1. U probably expecting detailed essay (500 words permitted), it'd b lyk 'rainbow chasing'.. 2. .After much condemnation you should atleast give little 'praise ' for their courageousness,taking a bold step and participating. . Stop dis attitude else you discouraging others from participating, be kinda fair a lil' in awarding marks. . . . ..
Velocitron:

Read only Danjuma's 'cause the title caught my eye. Sorry to say, it was very badly written. Mere speculation, no facts or proof.
kinda perturbed by this and yet u awarded grades to all (all participants). .
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Nobody: 2:51am On May 11, 2015
blym:
Ma'am,, have always hated female lecturers, you know y? Ur likes, 'hellish in nature' tho, they've bn flashes of inspiration ( lotta revere for them). . 1. U probably expecting detailed essay (500 words permitted), it'd b lyk 'rainbow chasing'.. 2. .After much condemnation you should atleast give little 'praise ' for their courageousness,taking a bold step and participating. . Stop dis attitude else you discouraging others from participating, be kinda fair a lil' in awarding marks. . . . .. kinda perturbed by this and yet u awarded grades to all (all participants). .

And 'your likes' is why Nigeria continues to wallow in mediocrity. This has nothing to do with encouraging 'courageousness'. Yes, five hundred words are allowed, which means the debaters should get to the point as quickly as possible and stick to it, use facts to support their views when necessary, spell properly and provide actual points- not meaningless examples.

I left sentiment out and voted according to the criteria provided. That, to me, is the very definition of fairness.

I have to say, I was somewhat disappointed with the submissions, considering these are supposed to be university students. Besides, I made the previous post when I'd only read Danjuma's entry.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by damoskiy(m): 3:11am On May 11, 2015
Fynestboi....morning, i think this new idea is not going to work fyn. Please can we revert to the previous method with more organising put into this...This is going to be boring. I never knew the entries have closed. Consider us and give us a chance to participate.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by damoskiy(m): 3:15am On May 11, 2015
www.nairaland.com/1851738/nairaland-interschool-debate-2013-2014 the first edition.... fynestboi please give more people the opportunity to submit.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Nobody: 7:06am On May 11, 2015
abegi tym wastage

zooms off thread smiley
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Nobody: 7:06am On May 11, 2015
Fynestboi:
JUDGING CRITERIA (5 marks each)

1. Presentation (opening, flow, closing, word count max (500) http://www.wordcounttool.com/

2. Logic of arguments

3. Strenght of facts, examples, cases.

4. Persuasiveness

5. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the selected subject
bros, it's strength not strenght...wink
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by martin92(m): 7:12am On May 11, 2015
is there no prize for the winner of this debate ? just lost interest. i dey find money and obviously i cant get it here
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by pseudonomer: 7:14am On May 11, 2015
Fynestboi:
That's all what we ve go though for easy process we decided to put up an essay for each school. Tunde Aluko didn't specify in detail his profile and school representing so I assume we have just four university in for this. Let the fun begin.

Audience you have the floor read through and decide. Who take the first, second and third seat as that will be the basis for the next round.

First vs. THIRD
SECOND VS FOURTH.

WE ain't gonna drag this like the first edition. Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by aare07(m): 7:26am On May 11, 2015
I rep Federal university Lokoja
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Penboy: 7:34am On May 11, 2015
Fynestboi:

Fynestboi@gmail.com.

Thanks.
is entry into the essay competition offically over?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Nobody: 8:24am On May 11, 2015
Fynestboi I wanna join, can I put up my own essay
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Fynestboi: 9:00am On May 11, 2015
damoskiy:
www.nairaland.com/1851738/nairaland-interschool-debate-2013-2014 the first edition.... fynestboi please give more people the opportunity to submit.

Since January 30 2015?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by damoskiy(m): 9:03am On May 11, 2015
Fynestboi:

Since January 30 2015?
yes... you should have just posted a reminder.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Fynestboi: 9:08am On May 11, 2015
vheMa:
Fynestboi I wanna join, can I put up my own essay

School?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Fynestboi: 9:11am On May 11, 2015
damoskiy:
yes... you should have just posted a reminder.

Done that countless of time.

The only reason that will make me reconsider is if we can get 4 more schools. Without that we are proceeding with those ones up there.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Fynestboi: 9:12am On May 11, 2015
Fynestboi:

Done that countless of time.

The only reason that will make me reconsider is if we can get 4 more schools. Without that we are proceeding with those ones up there.

No much time.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by dharay88: 9:31am On May 11, 2015
check

check

check
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by martin92(m): 10:04am On May 11, 2015
ok. this will be much fun. i want to participate. i am a student of uniport. am i allowed ?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level) by Fynestboi: 11:15am On May 11, 2015
martin92:
ok. this will be much fun. i want to participate. i am a student of uniport. am i allowed ?

No sir next edition sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Science & Mathematics Olympiad Past Questions: Free Download / Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking / WAEC 2012 Results: How To Check Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.