Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,395 members, 7,850,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:40 PM

Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions (26363 Views)

Stock Market Lost N1.732tn In One Year Under Buhari / What Profitable Business Can I Do With One Million Naira Within One Year / Invest In Phone Apps And Make A Guaranteed Earning Monthly Within One Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by sonofspada(m): 11:53am On May 11, 2015
1.9trn for refinery, worth it.. + the time frame, perfect
Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by brixton: 11:53am On May 11, 2015
Brb
Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by Atigba: 11:54am On May 11, 2015
slimmytimmy:
Hmmm
scam
Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by prest(m): 11:55am On May 11, 2015
Thunder fire you, thief
Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by Nobody: 11:55am On May 11, 2015
Do we have engineers in Nigeria . At best we have some engineers of Nigerian origin . Let's award the contract to a Nigerian firm that has a Joint Venture Contract with a solid foreign engineering firm . Presenting a low budget sum is not the matter , carrying out the job and delivering best standard work in the end is the main thing .

I pray and hope the federal government will see reason to consider my company bid for this contract , so that we can show the stuff we are made of . Service to humanity remain our motto .

2 Likes

Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by frisky2good(m): 11:56am On May 11, 2015
Why can't we just build new refineries? The ones we have are too old and consume too much space.
Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by godwin120alex: 11:56am On May 11, 2015
Watever my own is for d refineries to work latex Dec 15 nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by wordbank(m): 12:03pm On May 11, 2015
Funds may not be actualized before the stipulated time which the foreign contractors gave us which makes it the best option.
This is how I think it'll work :

The understanding that these three refineries will be in shape within a period of one year will definitely lift some financial burden of the country's shoulder.

It took over 7 years to reconcile the excess of the first contractors bid and gross, this is also a term which can be used to engage these foreign contractors

1 Like

Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by boxypane(m): 12:04pm On May 11, 2015
Not even up 2d amount corrupt pdpians embezzle in a month. It wiLl create numerous job opportunities though.
SAI CHANGEY
SAI APC
SAI BUHARI
SAI NIGERIA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by mulattoclaro(m): 12:05pm On May 11, 2015
calebo101:
Just privatize the refineries and let government only regulate it. I'm not for government owning anything. They have never managed anything from NITEL, NEPA, NPA, AIRWAYS, etc.

The Bureaucratic operational methods in Government circles wouldn't make them achieve anything unlike private firms who takes their investment serious. Just as we have MTN, ETISALAT, AIRTEL, and GLO all competing fairly in the market pushing down prices so will it be in years time if we can successfully privatize NNPC to the right hands.
exactly. Nigerian refineries should be left in the hands of private investors.

1 Like

Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by godunia(m): 12:05pm On May 11, 2015
calebo101:
Just privatize the refineries and let government only regulate it. I'm not for government owning anything. They have never managed anything from NITEL, NEPA, NPA, AIRWAYS, etc.

The Bureaucratic operational methods in Government circles wouldn't make them achieve anything unlike private firms who takes their investment serious. Just as we have MTN, ETISALAT, AIRTEL, and GLO all competing fairly in the market pushing down prices so will it be in years time if we can successfully privatize NNPC to the right hands.
these companies u referred to were never started by Government, that must be responsible for their success.check d records of all Government owned establishment that were privatise and show me any That's better than when it was managed with Government money.start from transcorp to d newly acquired power generation, transmission and distribution, could u say they have all fare better?

1 Like

Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by dustydee: 12:07pm On May 11, 2015
Sirniyeh:
Foreign Engineers billed for N288billions and promised to execute within a year while Nigeria Engineers to collect N99billions with no specific time-frame

How do you reconcile this with the title? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by menesheh(m): 12:09pm On May 11, 2015
We don't need government investment in oil sector again, it is fraudulent
Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by persius555(m): 12:10pm On May 11, 2015
since the country is broke, GMB should award the contract to local firms.If anything goes wrong or we run into delays the company can be probed, aside that its time we keep these monies in the local economy, awarding it to foreign Cos will amount to capital flight.Thats the last thing we need rigth now. The local firms must be competent hands.Lets look inwards.
Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by cnwokike(m): 12:12pm On May 11, 2015
What of all the Abacha loot? Why has that not been channeled into repairing these refineries?

1 Like

Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by Boss13: 12:15pm On May 11, 2015
This is an excuse not to fix the refineries. Why did NNPC allow the refineries to break down to the point that billions of naira would be required to fix it and why were new refineries not built?
Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by PassingShot(m): 12:16pm On May 11, 2015
Awon WERE!
Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by satura: 12:17pm On May 11, 2015
*laughs in subsidy payments*
Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by DAVIES27(m): 12:21pm On May 11, 2015
Its a chicken change not to be contemplated on before intiating the project we are awake from our slumber ok??
Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by PassingShot(m): 12:22pm On May 11, 2015
dustydee:

How do you reconcile this with the title? undecided

Half-half nah! Half from foreign contractors and half from local. Nigerian journalism is mediocre!

1 Like

Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by Pavore9: 12:25pm On May 11, 2015
They are just waking up!
Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 11, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Wonder why the contract was not awarded all this time?

Ah well.....Nigerians!

Modified....They say.....We do not have the money! What do you know!

N140 for a liter of fuel
N170 in my area sir
Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by 9jatatafo(m): 12:29pm On May 11, 2015
So which of the engineers should we give the contract. Nigerian engineers will collect less but no time frame to complete the job why the foreign ones want loads of cash with a time frame. What a delimma?
Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by dondo83(m): 12:39pm On May 11, 2015
This is less than 10 percent of 2 trillion...... Thank God for change
Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by obinto: 12:39pm On May 11, 2015
Privatize. Do not spend any money to repair anything at least not now. NNPC should be preparing hand over notes, not making big decisions now when they had 6 yrs to do so. Sell those refineries to private companies and allow private companies rights to petroleum refinement. However I suspect govt officials including the incoming administration will do everything possible to keep the juicy petroleum sectors within their purview
Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 11, 2015
I thought smebori said our refineries cant work because of "d cabal" or have dey all died??who's deceiving who?time 2play last minute saint i guess.its 2late 2cry when d head is cutoff
Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by davefieldpop(m): 12:51pm On May 11, 2015
Op i saw this same piece last year, stop feeding us stale news.
Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by jantavanta(m): 12:52pm On May 11, 2015
What is the big deal in refinery?
The main component that determines the yield is the Fluid Catalytic Cracking Unit which requires a catalyst to converted petroleum to petrol, kerosene, etc.

This catalyst can be ordered online. Catalysts that produce better yield cost more.

Let tertiary institutions be given projects to build refineries.
Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by heaven2015(m): 12:52pm On May 11, 2015
Good move. They should go ahead but using the foreign contractors. Local contractors will keep on demanding for contract reviews till it runs into billions of naira. Knowing fully that they have their collaborators(god fathers) to shield them frorosecution.
Re: Repairing Refineries To Take One Year @ N99billions by Akinz0126(m): 12:57pm On May 11, 2015
For were?We no gree they should better not dear it another chip trick to embezzled 99B!Haha 4 goodness sake why is it that this Jonah led gvt r nt better of in doing anything good than plotting how to ruin 9ja Gabadaya?Why can't you guyz turn a blind eye to diz project and spare yourselves further embarrasment.That should be the starting point for the incoming gvt.Awon Ole they just want to empty the whole 9ja treasury before they finally hand over.ITT I. Fella anikulapo kuti my role model,Ologundudu my epitome!!!The one above me has a reasonable thing to contribute Asap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Awuzie: Money In Chinmark's Frozen Account Can't Pay 3 Top Investors / Zinox Acquires Konga In Landmark Industry Deal / MBA Forex Changes Maturity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.